Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 625797 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1975 on: March 27, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
I don't want to start a who will win argument

Then don't!!

This is a speculation thread, all speculation is welcomed.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1976 on: March 27, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Ok, if it is alright then I will give my opinion. It's just my opinion and I respect everyone else's opinion about the final and what teams will attend and/or win and am not starting an argument.

I would be quite surprised to see Kisha and Jen, Gary and Mallory, or Jet and Cord eliminated soon. In fact if I had to pick a final three it would probably be these three. Although Ron and Chris could beat the sisters. The cowboys and Gallory performed mostly well in their previous seasons and still seem to be strong competitors this time. I'm not crazy about the editing theory but I would tend to think that the editors are favoring these two teams by portraying them as interesting and positive. Basically though, we can't really tell for certain at this point who might win.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1977 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
At this point, due tot he constant flip-flopping of positions, I think that the teams' fate will be determined by a single task that will be their do-or-die. Therefore, I will eliminate the "previous performance" factor and consider each leg as an independent event.

Based on what Mel & Mike said about getting to know Ron better, I speculate Ron & Christina were sent to ES, and if only teams 4-6 do decoys, that would mean they are eliminated next week.

Now, onto my predictions of F3. Based on screen-time, the most featured teams this season, and those more likely to be on the F3 based on this, IMO are:
Gary & Mallory, Zev & Justin and Kent & Vyxsin

Flight Time & Big Easy have been recently shown to have positive interactions with other teams so far, so they might get a high placement.

Jet & Cord are being edited a bit under-the-radar, and they have the taxi-stealing karma pending on them.

Kisha & Jen are also UTR, but this is due to the editors probably not including their fighting scenes. This could be either, not including them because they are eliminated, or they go for the win unexpectedly. Another thing to consider is that they get the "...Million Dollars" quote shown in the preview and in the episode, the same as with Nat & Kat.

Concluding, I believe the Final 3 are:
Zev & Justin, Kent & Vyxsin and Gallory/Jenkisha
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1978 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »
Did anyone else notice the order that the teams were placed in for the monologue "8 teams remain, who will be eliminated next"

1. Zev and Justin (one to watch, a blogger said)
2. Gary and Mallory (one to watch, a blogger said)
3. Ron and Christina (under the radar)
4. FT and BE (spotted in Rio De Janiero F4?)
5. Kisha and Jen (one to watch, a blogger said)
6. Jet and Cord (spotted in Madrid, en route to Austria F6?)
7. Kent and Vyxsin (last to Elim. Station? Friends with Luke, Amanda etc)
8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1979 on: March 27, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
Did anyone else notice the order that the teams were placed in for the monologue "8 teams remain, who will be eliminated next"

8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris

A bit obvious though, isn't it?

Or it's just my hoping that Jet/Cord make it further :P

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #1980 on: March 28, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »

8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris

Where was this?

Cause I DON'T expect to see K/V arrive at Elim station, (going by J/C's interview) and I DO expect R/C  to (going by M/M's interviews)

I have a feeling that Gary and Mallory win, with Kisha and Jen 2nd and Zev and Justin 3rd.
Maybe K/V as the fourth placed (I desperately want them to make it far) and the Cowboys 5th.
Then I would say Globetrotters 6th and finally Ron and Christina 7th.

So my speculation is
1. Gary and Mallory
2. Kisha and Jen
3. Zev and Justin
4. Kent and Vyxsin
5. Jet and Cord
6. Flight time and Big Easy
7. Ron and Christina

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1981 on: March 28, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
I believe that if the cowboys were truly spotted in the Madrid airport, they must have been en route to the elimination station (in southeast asia).

And I wouldn't place any bets on any team from S14 making it to the F3.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1982 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, mds1978!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1983 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
Yeah well that guy also "saw" TK and Rachel so my bet is that could possibly be another false spoiler...

But :welcome: to RFF, mds1978!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1984 on: March 28, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
I believe that if the cowboys were truly spotted in the Madrid airport, they must have been en route to the elimination station (in southeast asia).

Given from what I understand about where ES was for this season, I doubt a team spotted in Madrid would be headed there. Given what's been speculated about the route for the latter half of this Race, it could be either a flight option others didn't find from point A to point B, or a decoy. I would also speculate that the next leg in India is probably the last elimination for a team headed to ES this time around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1985 on: March 28, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »
^Ditto^
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1986 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:02 AM »

mds1978,

I doubt Madrid to Thailand for several reasons:
1. In order to make it past Varanasi, teams go to Vienna, Liechtenstein and then Switzerland. From Vienna, the best flights go direct to Bangkok. From Liechtenstein or Switzerland they go though Zurich.
2. And from Madrid, they also go through Zurich. Why would a team go from Zurich to Madrid to get back to Zurich?  They wouldn't.

jiajia12

« Reply #1987 on: March 29, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
do Peach know the bootlist already? I don't mind if you know,but it looks like you do :waves:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1988 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »
It is very strange that the Cowboys were allegedly spotted in Madrid, now that you mention it, apskip. Like Peach said, this is most likely a false sighting since TK and Rachel were seen with them! :lol3:

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1989 on: March 29, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
@apskip- I see what you're saying and agree, but I also looked up flight schedules and there is a daily non-stop flight from madrid to bangkok. Given that it's not just two racers traveling alone, they might not have been able to get enough seats on the zurich-bkk flight.

It would be helpful to know the time of day they were allegedly spotted, to see if it's in the ballpark time range for the flight out of madrid.

And also, flying via Madrid isn't so out of the way even if they were leaving from Switzerland. Recently I flew to London and had to go through Germany each way, even though it was completely out of the way.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1990 on: March 29, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »
mds1978, the original discovery can be seen here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg580147.html#msg580147
Please remember that this is not a reliable spoiler.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1991 on: March 29, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
Hmmm....well I'm no Sherlock Holmes but having just seen this for the first time I have a few thoughts, but mostly questions. Were these people spotted with camera crews in tow? Something must have made them conspicuous other than the obvious.

If so, depending on the date, it doesn't seem like an unreasonable place to be racing since they are in that part of the world supposedly (it's not like the sighting was in africa, canada, middle east, etc). Are the spoilers so solid that there's no room for errors with regard to destinations?

Rather than get caught up in the paralysis by analysis, my first instinct would be to think that if there's any truth to this sighting, then it obviously refers to the cowboys, trotters, and the goths (TK...Kent...really, it's not something a casual fan would necessarily know and you can't fault them for not fact checking the minutiae before tweeting about it). Secondly, if they were eliminated they wouldn't be together...there's at least one day separating each elimination, and once they get cut they don't linger, they go directly to elimination station and linger all they want over there.

For me, what stands out the most is three teams being spotted together. Yeah it's off the map a bit, and yeah the details like names are inaccurate but the big red flags are all right there.

I kinda get depressed just talking about it cause I wish margie and luke were still racing. The thought of the goths still being there after making such colossal blunders just makes me sad.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1992 on: March 29, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »
Glad you're joining in the discussion, mds1987! :waves:
Here's a fact to keep in mind: the teams did not officially go to Madrid. Yes, the spoilers are that solid because Peach said so. :angel Also, one of the Cowboys allegedly said "TK's right behind us," or something like that. I don't know anything about camera crews.

I was thinking about this particular sighting and it seems like the Cowboys could have been on a decoy run and one of them just said something goofy like this (you know how they are). If it it true what you say about there being a direct flight from Madrid to Bangkok, it could be a possibility.
But all of this is pure speculation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:04:59 PM by The Prophet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1993 on: March 29, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
Unless the Cowboys were eliminated on this next leg in India, it is quite unlikely they would have been at Elimination Station. With 11 teams, and three racing to the finish line, TPTB normally send 5 teams to Sequesterville, and use the last three eliminated teams as decoy teams, who travel with production all the way to the final leg. Decoy teams do some tasks, or appear to, in order to muddy up bystanders who may relay to others using the internet as to what they saw. (Old news, here.) :) I personally share Peach's skepticism about this being a reliable report because of the location and the earlier false reference to TK being on this edition once we knew who the teams actually were.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1994 on: March 29, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
Well why is so much attention being given to what the cowboy said ("TK is right behind us")...depending on the context, how do we know why it was said or if it has any meaning? I'm sure there were times I've been at the airport when the mcdonalds is about to close, and I probably shouted to whoever I was with "hurry, we have to order NOW or we won't make it!" Or my mom is looking for my dad, who's with me, and yells for him, so I yell back to her "he's right behind me!" Depending on the situation, these quotes are completely meaningless.

What would be weird though is to have someone randomly twitter about seeing cowboys and 7 ft tall basketball players and "hippy" looking people all together while they just so happen to be filming TAR. That seems less of a coincidence to me. That they don't have any alibis around this time or confirmed sightings just further arouses my suspicion.

I just hope that if they were going somewhere together, it's elimination station.

Still bitter about this week's show. I wish the challenge was sponsored by red bull. That way they would have all looked like a bunch of strung out meth addicts after 20 minutes of drinking that stuff. That would have been like amazing race meets requiem for a dream...both with a sad ending. :(

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1995 on: March 29, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Well why is so much attention being given to what the cowboy said ("TK is right behind us")...depending on the context, how do we know why it was said or if it has any meaning? I'm sure there were times I've been at the airport when the mcdonalds is about to close, and I probably shouted to whoever I was with "hurry, we have to order NOW or we won't make it!" Or my mom is looking for my dad, who's with me, and yells for him, so I yell back to her "he's right behind me!" Depending on the situation, these quotes are completely meaningless.

What would be weird though is to have someone randomly twitter about seeing cowboys and 7 ft tall basketball players and "hippy" looking people all together while they just so happen to be filming TAR. That seems less of a coincidence to me. That they don't have any alibis around this time or confirmed sightings just further arouses my suspicion.
I just hope that if they were going somewhere together, it's elimination station.

I agree with a lot of that. You are mixing sightings though, the "tall black men" were seen in south america.
Also livingincm combined a Austria sighting of the trotters in that same post so disregard that.

The rest of it is true, we may need to think outside the box on this one.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1996 on: March 29, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

Still bitter about this week's show. I wish the challenge was sponsored by red bull. That way they would have all looked like a bunch of strung out meth addicts after 20 minutes of drinking that stuff. That would have been like amazing race meets requiem for a dream...both with a sad ending. :(

Combining Mallory and Red Bull probably would be a really bad idea. 

As for the mystery TK, that could have been a reference to their camera or sound person. I'm sure you need to keep the group together as much as possible, even when they're in an airport where they may not be allowed to film much.

I'm trying to remember the severe weather/labor unrest timelines, and wasn't there some sort of kerfluffle in Madrid Airport about the time of the Cowboys sighting there?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1997 on: March 29, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Drinking large amounts of Red Bull at one time is potentially fatal.
I suppose it is possible that "TK" could refer to a crew member, but teams still did not go to Madrid officially, unless there is a flight connection there.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1998 on: March 29, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
Hello mds1978....... :bigwelcome   to RFF!!!

When World Race Productions is actually filming the race, the hot thread around here is the "Live Sightings" Thread. A lot of people around here are constantly searching Twitter and Facebook for each and every mention of The Amazing Race. Do we find them all.....probably not, especially this time.

The Amazing Race-Australia was also filming at this time and there were overlaps in the schedule. Also, The Amazing Race-Asia4 was ending the televising of that season. There are about 250 million Indonesians and I swear that everyone of them has an internet capable cell phone and each one watches the show and comments about either the last episode or the next one. We also had about the last 3-4 episodes of TAR17 going on here and we were doing the same thing then, that we are doing now.....looking at preview and promo screencaps.......so things were pretty busy around here about that time.

Somebody here does look and try to check out each and every sighting we come across. We didnt downplay that Cowboy-Ft/BE sighting in Madrid. At the time, you have to realize, we didnt know where the ES was. Some of us sent tweets to that guy for clairification, but he never answered any of us. That is a big red flag for a fake tweeter right there.

There were no direct flights from Madrid to Bangkok on Dec 5 or Dec 6. There was that flight TG948/949 combo on Dec 7. Bkk to MAD  and then back to BKK. Part of understanding the spoiling of the race depends on what WRP normally does. They do change things up now and again to make things interesting. It would also be impossible for FT/BE easy to be in both Vienna and Madrid at the same time.

As the_schnauzers has said, the team that is eliminated in the next episode in Varanasi is probably the last team to go to the ES in Thailand. He has pointed out that normally the 4-6th 6-8th place teams, follow along with the race and do duty as decoys. It is also done for logistics and economics. Usually by the time they get to those eliminations, they are half way around the world and it doesnt make much sense to send them backwards to the ES, then turn them around and fly to the end city. The 5th place team really only spends 2-3 days there as it is, then they are off to the end city for the finale.

Finally, besides all the different versions of TAR, either being filmed or televized at that time, there are also lots of "local" or "corporate" mini versions of TAR being run all over the world at any given time. We have to sort through those too.......If you want to see how we do it, then I would encourage you to read the "TAR18 Live Sightings" Thread from beginning to the end.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:24:56 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1999 on: March 29, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
Well said, Doc. You reminded me that TAR:AUS also had a cowboy team running their Race at the same time. :groan:

I just relooked at that particular tweeter and interestingly enough, he has apparently removed those tweets found by livingincm.

He also hardly ever tweets and never said anything else about being in Madrid.

I also forgot about this little tidbit:
Some of us sent tweets to that guy for clairification, but he never answered any of us. That is a big red flag for a fake tweeter right there.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:11:22 PM by The Prophet »