Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 625742 times)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1950 on: March 21, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
How about a finale task that has something to do with clue-givers? Like

Leg 1: Commodore
Leg 2: Spirit World Lady*
Leg 3: Frog of Luck Man*
Leg 4: Either one of the Zodiac Men
Leg 5: Paleontologist

*Though I think this task is not gonna be the finale task. It would be unfair for Detour choices such as these. :lol:

Didn't both Leg 2 options have the same dressed person as a clue-giver?

Offline Shiryu01

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1951 on: March 22, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
I'm not sure if this has already been posted/discussed, but I just read it and thought it could be interesting.

Interviewed here: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-mel-white-talks-the-amazing-race-unfinished-business--12053.php after his elimination, Mel said this about Ron and Christina

Mel White: Well, we both really learned to love [Ron Hsu] and Christina. They did some silly things on the Race, but they're very lovable people and amusing and fun to be with

Now, I'm just guessing (speculating ^^) but since Mel and Mike were eliminated pretty early in the race, I don't think they could have had many chances to "learn to love" R&C. But this could be the case if they spent some time together at Elimination Station. IF the assumption is correct, Ron and Chris will be eliminated fairly soon, as later teams no longer go to ES but are kept with production.

Just my two cents (well, pence  :lol:) anyway.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1952 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »
In the previous races there were usually three NELs. If we suppose that in this race the NELs have been replaced with KRLs then we should have one more of those. So far the KRLs happened in the same country, now the only country that has two legs is India, but somehow I don't think that we are going to see a KRL in Kolkatta. I thing that both Indian legs will be normal elimination legs and that the last KRL, if it exists, will be the Vienna-Luxemburg-Zermaat combination. All three places are very close to each other and there are frequent and regular trains between them.
Another factor, so far both KRLs contained a train ride.

Of course all these are just speculation and TPTB might surprises again.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1953 on: March 23, 2011, 02:50:40 AM »
In the previous races there were usually three NELs. If we suppose that in this race the NELs have been replaced with KRLs then we should have one more of those. So far the KRLs happened in the same country, now the only country that has two legs is India, but somehow I don't think that we are going to see a KRL in Kolkatta. I thing that both Indian legs will be normal elimination legs and that the last KRL, if it exists, will be the Vienna-Luxemburg-Zermaat combination. All three places are very close to each other and there are frequent and regular trains between them.
Another factor, so far both KRLs contained a train ride.

Of course all these are just speculation and TPTB might surprises again.

As per  :angel Kolkatta is an elimination leg, and there's still going to be a Normal NEL this season
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #1954 on: March 23, 2011, 02:55:07 AM »
The final NEL is imo Leg 9.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1955 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:26 AM »
This clue is Fast-forward?The clue looks green.
Sadly...no FF.

I think they are basically phasing out the FF at this point, who knows if we'll even see one this season.

Can anyone confirm that there will be a regular NEL at some point?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

jiajia12

« Reply #1956 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:23 AM »
I'm not sure if this has already been posted/discussed, but I just read it and thought it could be interesting.

Interviewed here: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-mel-white-talks-the-amazing-race-unfinished-business--12053.php after his elimination, Mel said this about Ron and Christina

Mel White: Well, we both really learned to love [Ron Hsu] and Christina. They did some silly things on the Race, but they're very lovable people and amusing and fun to be with

Now, I'm just guessing (speculating ^^) but since Mel and Mike were eliminated pretty early in the race, I don't think they could have had many chances to "learn to love" R&C. But this could be the case if they spent some time together at Elimination Station. IF the assumption is correct, Ron and Chris will be eliminated fairly soon, as later teams no longer go to ES but are kept with production.

Just my two cents (well, pence  :lol:) anyway.

Nooooo.... lol they could be hinting something else, you'll never know.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1957 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
All I Can say is dont count your chickens yet.I have some sources 50% realiable,but I don't want to be wrong.I'll wait till after next leg to post it.

Could you at least post it in speculation?  It might really help with the spoiling process this week.  :duno:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:09:32 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1958 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
We can speculate right here Lucybell! Once the episode thread is open, we try to keep everything together. So spec away!! :yess:

Thanks Peach!  :tup:

OK Since she stated, 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch' in reference to Marge and Luke (Zev/Justin and Ron/Christina, as well) possibly eliminated this week, I assume that the information she obtained might be a Luke & Marge win this season?  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1959 on: March 24, 2011, 09:04:20 AM »
I don't think anybody at all knows who won TAR:UB. If you click on the links that woden placed in this week's timeline, you can see that all teams except Zev\Justin, Margie\Luke, and Ron\Chris have been spotted past this leg, which is why the status of those three teams is uncertain.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1960 on: March 24, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
This is not the place for wishlists.

Those can go here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1961 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1962 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
:kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1963 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »
Someone might have brought this up already, but I'm starting to believe that any final memory challenge is going to deal with animals.

Leg 1: Aquatic animals
Leg 2: Kangaroo
Leg 3: Kintarō Statue bear
Leg 4: Yak/Chinese Zodiac
Leg 5: Dinosaur
Leg 6: Ganesha (elephant)

(If TPTB decided to make it more difficult like everything else in TAR18, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided on a multi-layered memory roadblock, where there are no notes allowed, and each racer would have to identify all the animals, all the uniforms that each greeter was wearing with only images of the uniform itself and no faces or bodies of the greeters, and an extra layer on top of those two.)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1964 on: March 24, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
This is actually very plausible, slayton! It will be interesting if what they really do is close to some of the spec on here.

Offline sweffilou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1965 on: March 24, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

(If TPTB decided to make it more difficult like everything else in TAR18, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided on a multi-layered memory roadblock, where there are no notes allowed, and each racer would have to identify all the animals, all the uniforms that each greeter was wearing with only images of the uniform itself and no faces or bodies of the greeters, and an extra layer on top of those two.)

Or maybe something similar to the memory task from tar12???
So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately: "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1966 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Given that the Racers have had a task already this season that expressly prohibited them from using notes, the possibility of such a requirement as part of a final task would make sense.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1967 on: March 24, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
Given that the Racers have had a task already this season that expressly prohibited them from using notes, the possibility of such a requirement as part of a final task would make sense.
The difference was that in the task on Leg 5 they were not allowed to take notes. If they wanted to forbid the teams from using their own notes at the final memory challenge they could always confiscate them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1968 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »
Or then again, they could choose not to even have a final memory challenge.... :res:

TAR 12 and the flag one still live on as the best and most challenging ones ever...for me.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #1969 on: March 25, 2011, 03:20:33 AM »
I like TAR 11's challenge whereby you key the code into the safe! :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1970 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
Or then again, they could choose not to even have a final memory challenge.... :res:

TAR 12 and the flag one still live on as the best and most challenging ones ever...for me.

The surfboards were pretty good too, especially since for some legs they picked obscure things (ie the church in leg 1, one of the RB foods in leg '11').

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1971 on: March 27, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
I always like making my final prediction way in advance, and it helps that I have no particular rooting interest this season clouding my judgment. 

Unless the editing was completely revamped, I expect to see Zev & Justin win.  I expect Kent & Vyxsin and Ronald & Christina to make the final 4 and likely the final 3, and even though I wouldn't be surprised by either of these two teams winning, I still see them as long shots.

Based on the editing, I didn't expect Margie & Luke to get far.

My reading of the tea leaves has Gary & Mallory, Herbert & Nathaniel, Kisha & Jen, and Jet & Cord exiting in episodes 7 to 11.

I don't mind being wrong because it would mean that they revamped the way they cut the show, but if I'm on target, then TPTB should really change the way they cut the show starting with TAR19.

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1972 on: March 27, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »
Very interesting predictions Slayton...

If I had to pick a winner, it would be Jen and Kisha or Gary and Mallory. Both have had fairly harmless and positive edits that tend to characterize the winner's edit, IMO.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1973 on: March 27, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
I always like making my final prediction way in advance, and it helps that I have no particular rooting interest this season clouding my judgment. 

Unless the editing was completely revamped, I expect to see Zev & Justin win.  I expect Kent & Vyxsin and Ronald & Christina to make the final 4 and likely the final 3, and even though I wouldn't be surprised by either of these two teams winning, I still see them as long shots.

Based on the editing, I didn't expect Margie & Luke to get far.

My reading of the tea leaves has Gary & Mallory, Herbert & Nathaniel, Kisha & Jen, and Jet & Cord exiting in episodes 7 to 11.

I don't mind being wrong because it would mean that they revamped the way they cut the show, but if I'm on target, then TPTB should really change the way they cut the show starting with TAR19.

Your reading of the tea leaves? I don't want to start a who will win argument but I don't agree with your conclusions.

jiajia12

« Reply #1974 on: March 27, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »
I Dont agree either, i think Kent/Vyx is going soon