Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627156 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1825 on: February 08, 2011, 06:05:30 PM »
We already KNOW you did it right. :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1826 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:53 AM »
Idea for Unfinished Business drinking game: Take a shot every time the cowboys music gets played.

Idea for Unfinished Business drinking game: Take a shot every time we see Coutzy.

:jam:

But I don't know what Coutzy looks like. To be safe, I'll take a drink every time I see an Aussie.  :roo  :beer2:

After I sober up, I'll watch it again without drinking.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #1827 on: February 09, 2011, 05:46:51 AM »
Idea for Unfinished Business drinking game: Take a shot every time the cowboys music gets played.

Idea for Unfinished Business drinking game: Take a shot every time we see Coutzy.

:jam:

But I don't know what Coutzy looks like. To be safe, I'll take a drink every time I see an Aussie.  :roo  :beer2:

After I sober up, I'll watch it again without drinking.

I'll be sure to let everybody know if I get on The Amazing Race.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1828 on: February 10, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
PERSONAL OPINIONS REGARDING THE STARTING LINE SURPRISE.

Here's what I thought I heard:

The other teams will be on the second flight which lands about ___ hours after the first flight. But there's something else. The last team to complete this challenge will receive a penalty which will have a devastating effect in their stay in this race. [....] Automatic U-Turn.

My speculation is that the last team will get an automatic U-Turn somewhere within this race, not necessarily in Australia.

By deduction, one of the three teams on the second flight (which turned out to be the first one to arrive because of circumstances) suffers from this penalty.

OR Unless they have to find a plane ticket at the paper planes (there are two possible flights that can come up), which will switch up the order of finishing the task. This is actually better, I think, because it poses the question: Will you take time finding the first flight OR Will you finish this task as fast as possible no matter what flight you get to avoid being last and get the penalty? It's like which can benefit you in the race, short-run or long run? I hope you get what I mean. :lol:

*WARNING: CRAPPY PREDICTION BELOW. XD*
My sheer imaginative prediction is that Jaime and Cara gets last in this task. I think they will be slapped with the U-Turn in China causing them to be eliminated.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1829 on: February 10, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »
My sheer imaginative prediction is that Jaime and Cara gets last in this task. I think they will be slapped with the U-Turn in China causing them to be eliminated.

:lol3:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1830 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
PERSONAL OPINIONS REGARDING THE STARTING LINE SURPRISE.

Here's what I thought I heard:

The other teams will be on the second flight which lands about ___ hours after the first flight. But there's something else. The last team to complete this challenge will receive a penalty which will have a devastating effect in their stay in this race. [....] Automatic U-Turn.

My speculation is that the last team will get an automatic U-Turn somewhere within this race, not necessarily in Australia.

By deduction, one of the three teams on the second flight (which turned out to be the first one to arrive because of circumstances) suffers from this penalty.

OR Unless they have to find a plane ticket at the paper planes (there are two possible flights that can come up), which will switch up the order of finishing the task. This is actually better, I think, because it poses the question: Will you take time finding the first flight OR Will you finish this task as fast as possible no matter what flight you get to avoid being last and get the penalty? It's like which can benefit you in the race, short-run or long run? I hope you get what I mean. :lol:

Speculating that the automatic U-Turn may be the opposite of the Express Pass.
If you get the automatic U-Turn by finishing last in the start line challenge, at some point during the race you must U-Turn yourself and complete the other side of the detour.
The strategy question for the team that is burdened with the auto U-Turn is when do you use it? Right away when you may have a slight lead or hold on to it until the last leg?  :duno:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1831 on: February 11, 2011, 11:51:34 AM »
That is great speculation, WP......it makes a lot of sense. I would want to use it early, when there are more teams around and when both detour choices appear to be both easy/simple and in close proximity to one another.
Matthew 7:15

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1832 on: February 11, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »
That would be better than eliminating a team at the Start Line.   :<3

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1833 on: February 12, 2011, 04:14:40 AM »
Hmmm. I scanned few pages back from RFF's spoilers and

Kent/vyksin finished last,but they are still running,phil said uturn ahead

?!!!

So Phil might be telling everyone about this U-turn because someone has to Automatic U-Turn themselves in Kunming? ???
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1834 on: February 12, 2011, 05:24:21 AM »
Thinking aloud here, don't mind me.

Is it possible, given the reversal of the flights that Amanda and Kris get the Automatic U-Turn for finishing last, and this was put into effect immediately after the first check in with Phil (in the speculated route markers prior to signing up for a charter flight) This may explain how they went from 2nd to 10th in what seemed such a short amount of time.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1835 on: February 12, 2011, 06:36:46 AM »

Is it possible, given the reversal of the flights that Amanda and Kris get the Automatic U-Turn for finishing last, and this was put into effect immediately after the first check in with Phil (in the speculated route markers prior to signing up for a charter flight) This may explain how they went from 2nd to 10th in what seemed such a short amount of time.

That does make more sense to me than anything else.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1836 on: February 12, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »

That would make sense and explain why Amanda & Kris were apparently the first team out of the Race.  In that case, they really seem to get hit hard by U-Turns!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1837 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »

That would make sense and explain why Amanda & Kris were apparently the first team out of the Race.  In that case, they really seem to get hit hard by U-Turns!

Belle Book

Remember everyone:
Jet and Cord arrived last at the midway check in point. Krimanda were eliminated at Broken Hill. The Cowboys were most likely U-Turned in Sydney. If the U-turn was in Sydney that is and I think it will be b/c I don't see why they would continue a penalty from the starting line to the second episode.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:48:34 AM by The Prophet »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1838 on: February 12, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

Belle Book

Remember everyone:
Jet and Cord arrived last at the midway check in point. Krimanda were eliminated at Broken Hill. The Cowboys were most likely U-Turned in Sydney. If the U-turn was in Sydney that is and I think it will be b/c I don't see why they would continue a penalty from the starting line to the second episode.

Jet and Cord arrive last at the midway point due to missing a crucial ferry connection just after landing in Sydney, a gap they could not make up. There was no U-Turn in Sydney prior to teams checking in, I would be willing to stake my life on it. So Jet & Cord arriving last to the midway point has nothing to do with any kind of U-Turn.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1839 on: February 12, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
I believe that Coutzy is right. After all he was there. Besides it seems from what we know so far (including Coutzy's eyewitness information) that there is no detour in Sydney so how could have been a U-Turn?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1840 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »
Agreed!! ^^

I like WP's spec that this could reappear anywhere... so don't be too sure about anything!

Have to say, I would hate it if Amanda and Kris were done in by another U-Turn. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1841 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
I know this is a bit off topic, but don't forget maybe there is a new kind of task like they introduced the double u-turn last year.

I was thinking maybe the last 3 teams that are on flight #2 may need to each U-Turn them selves somewhere in the race. My guess is it  must have been Amanda and Kris who chose to you there automatic U-Turn on the TBC Leg Part 2.

Just a guess that is 99% completely off.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1842 on: February 12, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »
Ignore me if I'm missing something here, but I am under the impression that the penalty goes to the team that finished the initial start line task last. I'm also under the impression that this start line penalty earns that particular team an "automatic" U-Turn at some point in the Race.

I don't read this as meaning the penalty attached to the first Detour task of the Race, and it could be applied at the point where a U-Turn is first available (Blind, Double, or normal).  That would make the most sense to me, because that particular team will be trying to stay far enough ahead of the back of the pack so they could complete both tasks of a detour that the U-Turn is available for, and still not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop for whatever leg the U-Turn first appears.

From a production viewpoint, this assures that both tasks of that particular Detour gets performed and thus not waste any production costs on something not used, and gives WRP something for the editors to play with.  And it leaves the teams guessing when this will happen, and means that some other team(s) could also be U-Turned, as the U-Turn could still be a normal one, a blind one, or a double one in addition to the one team having to automatically perform both detour tasks.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1843 on: February 12, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Ignore me if I'm missing something here, but I am under the impression that the penalty goes to the team that finished the initial start line task last. I'm also under the impression that this start line penalty earns that particular team an "automatic" U-Turn at some point in the Race.

I don't read this as meaning the penalty attached to the first Detour task of the Race, and it could be applied at the point where a U-Turn is first available (Blind, Double, or normal).  That would make the most sense to me, because that particular team will be trying to stay far enough ahead of the back of the pack so they could complete both tasks of a detour that the U-Turn is available for, and still not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop for whatever leg the U-Turn first appears.

From a production viewpoint, this assures that both tasks of that particular Detour gets performed and thus not waste any production costs on something not used, and gives WRP something for the editors to play with.  And it leaves the teams guessing when this will happen, and means that some other team(s) could also be U-Turned, as the U-Turn could still be a normal one, a blind one, or a double one in addition to the one team having to automatically perform both detour tasks.

So you're saying that you think that this "automatic U-turn" penalty is not nessecarily incured during the first leg, but where the actual first U-Turn is?
If this is the case, then it was Jamie and Cara who finished the starting line task last.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1844 on: February 12, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
So you're saying that you think that this "automatic U-turn" penalty is not nessecarily incured during the first leg, but where the actual first U-Turn is?
If this is the case, then it was Jamie and Cara who finished the starting line task last.

Let's please not all jump to unfounded assumptons.  We have NO evidence of the rules of this new penalty, so it is impossible at this time to say why and when and who this will affect with any certainty.

This makes excellent sense though:

If you get the automatic U-Turn by finishing last in the start line challenge, at some point during the race you must U-Turn yourself and complete the other side of the detour.
The strategy question for the team that is burdened with the auto U-Turn is when do you use it? Right away when you may have a slight lead or hold on to it until the last leg?  :duno:

Jaime and Cara were however, I believe, U-Turned in the traditional way. :angel
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1845 on: February 12, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

Whether or not we have any evidence for this, I do like this idea and think it would make the Race very interesting.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1846 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »
This makes excellent sense though:

It just has a beautiful symetery about it.
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1847 on: February 12, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
I'm not saying there's not more than one way to interpret what is known, but I thought I should lay out an alternate way that the new penalty might, I repeat might, work in practice.

But I agree we'll have to wait until we have more information than we have right now.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1848 on: February 12, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
If the team that receives this automatic U-Turn gets it in a later leg, and knows that its coming, it would make sense to also U-Turn a team at that point. If this is the case, it may be why Jamie and Cara end up U-Turned.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1849 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
Either way guys, all of you have great speculation and ideas!

When all the episodes premier we will know!

Remember We are only a week away until the premier!