Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627312 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1625 on: December 31, 2010, 12:59:19 PM »
Do we know when the cast will be announced OFFICIALLY?? 

Possibly on January 12th or a few days before that through a Press Release.
Jan 12th is the date slated for CBS part of the TCA Winter Tour.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1626 on: January 01, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
this has got to be the least spoiled All-Star season of any show ha. its wierd how the final 3 were racing in the U.S and nobody saw who they were?

Offline dreytotz

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1627 on: January 02, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »
Leg 6: Calcutta - Madrid, Spain. Eliminated: Jet & Cord (u-turned by margie & luke)

please tell me this is true!

Please tell me this is a lie! lol

I hope that is true but obviously it's not.

Offline DaNutzki

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1628 on: January 02, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
That "spoiler" is just hilarious! :lol3:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Leg 6: Calcutta - Madrid, Spain. Eliminated: Jet & Cord (u-turned by margie & luke)

please tell me this is true!

That's can't be possible! If this is true elimination..

This would be a surprise again because of a possible double elimination leg but with a different twist compared from Season 10 and 15 where their was a double elimination leg.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #1629 on: January 02, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
Hi everyone! Just a few observations and questions. Any answers would be greatly appreciated
I noticed after reading through the threads, we don't seem to know much concrete information past Jamie and Cara's elimination. Allegedly, we've lost some teams along the way i.e. Gallory, Zev/Justin, but does that neccesarily mean that they were eliminated? Also, as for Kisha/Jen and FT/BE being spotted in Switzerland and Rio respectively (sp?), for that matter, are we sure it was real and not decoy? I for one think Kisha/Jen may've been eliminated prior to Switzerland, but were still on the course as decoys seeing as they apparently didn't have a camera crew near nor did they seem active.
So basically, what I'm boiling it down to may be (and please bear with me as I may be thinking out loud)

*We know for sure the first 3 eliminated teams right?
*We've lost track (for now) of Gallory, Zev/Justin, Ron/Chris, Margie/Luke, Cowboys?
*Kisha and Jen were spotted in Switzerland, but may not have actually been racing
*Flight Time and Big Easy were spotted in Rio, but potentially as decoys as well?
*We can ASSUME that the alleged F6 (if I remember correctly) is: Gallory, Goths, Ron/Chris, Globetrotters, Kisha/Jen, Cowboys?
*Above point would mean that 7th/8th would go to Margie/Luke and Zev/Justin (interchangeable positions?)

So is this pretty much what we know? Please correct me if I'm wrong (which I hope to God I am) since I'm only a newbie. Thanks and Happy Spoiling!
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1630 on: January 02, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »
Hi everyone! Just a few observations and questions. Any answers would be greatly appreciated
I noticed after reading through the threads, we don't seem to know much concrete information past Jamie and Cara's elimination. Allegedly, we've lost some teams along the way i.e. Gallory, Zev/Justin, but does that neccesarily mean that they were eliminated? Also, as for Kisha/Jen and FT/BE being spotted in Switzerland and Rio respectively (sp?), for that matter, are we sure it was real and not decoy? I for one think Kisha/Jen may've been eliminated prior to Switzerland, but were still on the course as decoys seeing as they apparently didn't have a camera crew near nor did they seem active.
So basically, what I'm boiling it down to may be (and please bear with me as I may be thinking out loud)

*We've lost track (for now) of Gallory, Zev/Justin, Ron/Chris, Margie/Luke, Cowboys?
*Kisha and Jen were spotted in Switzerland, but may not have actually been racing
*Flight Time and Big Easy were spotted in Rio, but potentially as decoys as well?
*We can ASSUME that the alleged F6 (if I remember correctly) is: Gallory, Goths, Ron/Chris, Globetrotters, Kisha/Jen, Cowboys?
*Above point would mean that 7th/8th would go to Margie/Luke and Zev/Justin (interchangeable positions?)

So is this pretty much what we know? Please correct me if I'm wrong (which I hope to God I am) since I'm only a newbie. Thanks and Happy Spoiling!

Yeah, it seems like Margie & Luke and Zev & Justin were out before the Final 6, but the alleged F6 list might not be accurate.

Belle Book

DavidJunior

« Reply #1631 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:26 AM »

Kisha and Jen did have a camera crew, IIRC, they just weren't filming them

but that, and the fact that they 'appeared' to not be racing could easily be attributed to the fact that they were seen in Zurich, a TRANSIT city, especially since the leg appears to be in Zermatt

and you don't really need to a.) run to catch a connecting train (unless late) or b.) film a team hopping from train to train

let's not count our chickens before they've hatched

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #1632 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
TBH, there is no photo evidence that has been released that points to Zermatt and Varanasi.
I would be surprised if Leg 9's pitstop was at Zermatt.

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1633 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
So as of today, we have no idea who the final three were?  TAR is getting pretty good at hiding this season.  I am sure they spent a little more money to avoid RFF snooping out the news!..   Kudos to the RFF team.  TAR is running scared.  THEY ARE AFRAID......VERY AFRAID!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1634 on: January 03, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
TBH, there is no photo evidence that has been released that points to Zermatt and Varanasi.
I would be surprised if Leg 9's pitstop was at Zermatt.

I know, not that I disbelieve it, but I would like to see the reasoning for those two locations.

The odd part is that the posts where they were "revealed" don't even say right out that they were there.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1635 on: January 03, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
You will just have to take it on faith...those locations are correct to the best of my knowledge.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1636 on: January 04, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »
Sorry to go back in time and return to the Oz leg, but I speculate that the Mayor of Broken Hill, Wincen Cuy, was there to greet the teams with Phil at the pit stop at the Junction Mine. (source: http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?news&article=1271)

I also posted this in the Media thred.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1637 on: January 04, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Over at Sucks, they are saying the final three is Gary/Mallory, Zev/Justin and i think the cowboys... is it true?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1638 on: January 04, 2011, 07:02:57 PM »
Over at Sucks, they are saying the final three is Gary/Mallory, Zev/Justin and i think the cowboys... is it true?

Well the alleged F6 list said that Gary & Mallory and the cowboys made the Final 6, so I think that at least part of it is true.  But Zev & Justin aren't in the alleged F6 list, so I don't know if the whole thing is true or not.  However, I'm going to go ahead and say that Gary & Mallory and possibly the cowboys made the Final 3.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1639 on: January 04, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »
The "on (insert random internet board) they have already predicted the winner could it be true???" question is my favorite.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1640 on: January 04, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
Sorry to go back in time and return to the Oz leg, but I speculate that the Mayor of Broken Hill, Wincen Cuy, was there to greet the teams with Phil at the pit stop at the Junction Mine. (source: http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?news&article=1271)

I also posted this in the Media thred.

Good job!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1641 on: January 10, 2011, 01:56:02 PM »
Survivor's next cycle cast was just officially announced, so I'd expect TAR's  cast will also be officially announced within the next few hours or maybe tomorrow.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1642 on: January 10, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
Survivor's next cycle cast was just officially announced, so I'd expect TAR's  cast will also be officially announced within the next few hours or maybe tomorrow.

CBS is making a big deal out of the Survivor reveal, it's on the homepage of cbs.com. They'll probably wait a couple of days to let that die down.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1643 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
It is never usually that close.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1644 on: January 10, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »
It is never usually that close.

Are you referring to what I said about a couple of days or what he said about a couple of hours?

I have been wondering how close they usually are.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1645 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:58 PM »
Both. I think it usually about 2 weeks later, someone could check the dates from the last couple of seasons if we want to be exact.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1646 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »
Both. I think it usually about 2 weeks later, someone could check the dates from the last couple of seasons if we want to be exact.

It looks like last year Survivor revealed on August 9 and TAR revealed on the 31st. That's three weeks between the two.

They could practically do the same thing this year since Survivor came out yesterday (the ninth) and wait on TAR until the end of the month.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #1647 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

It looks like last year Survivor revealed on August 9 and TAR revealed on the 31st. That's three weeks between the two.

They could practically do the same thing this year since Survivor came out yesterday (the ninth) and wait on TAR until the end of the month.

If you want to compare, maybe compare the same airing date like the February ones rather than the Fall ones.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1648 on: January 10, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Don't forget next weekend is a three-day holiday weekend in the U.S., because of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday. Tuesday of next week would be the earliest to expect anything, not necessarily a guarantee than we'd see an official cast announcement that soon. But it is about a month before the premiere, which is about right where TAR is concerned.  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:34:22 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1649 on: January 10, 2011, 10:43:28 PM »

I spoke too soon. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule: