Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627297 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1125 on: December 05, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
ALL sightings are always subjective without photos or direct evidence. We are checking this now, but there is always the possibility that something was misjudged in China just as much as in Kolkata. ALL possibilities have to be considered...that is what we do.

Not saying they survived, not saying they were 100% elim'd,  until we knoiw more.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #1126 on: December 05, 2010, 03:35:36 PM »
I do not believe SA will be the 5th continent due to simple logistics. Going to SA pretty much adds one or two days of flight itinerary, and this race seems to be lagging behind its predecessors in number of legs finished (we're already 2 weeks in, so teams should probably be on the 8th or 9th leg in Africa right now).

Also, based on past India double legs, Kolkatta should be the only Indian city visited (they didn't take a train elsewhere). That leaves open the possibility of a double leg there, though. Lastly, I believe India is the final Asian destination before Africa, and that there will be 2 legs in only one African country north of the equator to speed up production (why do I suspect Egypt?).

In summary: a double leg in Australia, 4 legs in Asia (5 if Laos is visited or there are 2 legs in Kolkatta), 2 legs in Africa, and 3 (or 2) legs in Europe. Of course, if the race lasts longer than 3 weeks, then everything I said just goes out the window.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:11:52 PM by Caelestor »

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1127 on: December 05, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
well, Maybe Mel and Mike picked up a new super Fast Forward, I'll call the worm-hole portal. Where they can choose to bypass one country on the race and all tasks performed within the country. And leaving the country at the same time as the lead team.
And that's how we didn't see them in China, as they used their Worm-Hole portal to jump all the tasks in China, and move directly to the next desination.

Actually, the source is sounding more suspect in their descriptions. I do believe that the cowboys, Kisha/Jen and now the Goths were there and that he saw them. But as far as the racers versus some production personnel, it may be that he is confusing them.

But I won't be horridly upset to see Mel/Mike still in the race, as long as Kint/Vyxen remain all else is secondary.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1128 on: December 05, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »
Actually only 4 legs have been in Asia so far.

Leg 1: Australia=Amanda/Kris Eliminated
Leg 2: Asia-Tokyo=Mel/Mike Eliminated
Leg 3: Asia-Lijiang=NEL
Leg 4: Asia-Kunming=Jaime/Cara Eliminated
Leg 5: Asia-India=Unknown (Not Gary/Mallory) (Probably not Cowboys, Kisha/Jen)

And hopefully not Ron & Christina or Zev & Justin!

Belle Book

If it boils down to Globetrotters, Ron/Christina and Zev/Justin, I'd probably bet on Ron and Christina leaving, especially considering their poor racing so far.

...and Margie/Luke??

My guess is that Mel/Mike are eliminated and this person that saw the teams was probably confused with production people and the racers.

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1129 on: December 05, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »
Oh yeah, my bad. Forgot about them.

But my point still stands. Out of Globetrotters, Margie/Luke, Ron/Christina and Justin/Zev, I see as Ron and Christinas as being the most likely boots.  :(

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #1130 on: December 05, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

But my point still stands. Out of Globetrotters, Margie/Luke, Ron/Christina and Justin/Zev, I see as Ron and Christinas as being the most likely boots.  :(

Yeah, but youd think they would spot the Globetrotters if they weren't eliminated. I mean they dont exactly blend in with the crowd. Theyre GIANT!!

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1131 on: December 05, 2010, 05:57:03 PM »
i speculate that Ron&Chris are eliminatied  :yess: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1132 on: December 05, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
Mel and Mike emilinated in Japan.
Two proofs:
1.Chinese spotters saw 9 teams on Lijiang train station chatting together when teams went back to Kunming...No Mel and Mike.
2.And Kunming pitstop...they saw all teams checked in except cowboys,Gallory,Margie and Luke.But we have photos which confirm cowboys,Gary and Mallory in Kunming...

So we are sure Mel and Mike emilinated in Japan.(Except Japan leg is NEL...but very strange Chinese spotters saw all teams except them every time...)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1133 on: December 05, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
Mel and Mike emilinated in Japan.
Two proofs:
1.Chinese spotters saw 9 teams on Lijiang train station chatting together when teams went back to Kunming...No Mel and Mike.
2.And Kunming pitstop...they saw all teams checked in except cowboys,Gallory,Margie and Luke.But we have photos which confirm cowboys,Gary and Mallory in Kunming...

So we are sure Mel and Mike emilinated in Japan.

I agree, we have to many photos and spotters information about other teams that checked in at the Pit Stop etc.
So i doubt vveerryy much that Mel and Mike are still in.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Aluze

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1134 on: December 05, 2010, 07:10:25 PM »
Mel and Mike were likely spotted because they're obviously decoys. Producers likely know that people have had tons of sightings and decided to send some previously eliminated people out to try and take the heat off the legit racers.

But that would be a TAR first to have a team eliminated so early get Decoy status right?

Where is the Elimination station for this race, maybe its in the area lol

As we're obviously in Decoy land now, people need to be careful with sightings imo.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1135 on: December 05, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »
Mel and Mike were likely spotted because they're obviously decoys. Producers likely know that people have had tons of sightings and decided to send some previously eliminated people out to try and take the heat off the legit racers.

But that would be a TAR first to have a team eliminated so early get Decoy status right?

Where is the Elimination station for this race, maybe its in the area lol

As we're obviously in Decoy land now, people need to be careful with sightings imo.

lolol, it would be hilarious if the elimination station is in india. No offence. Cos it's a way too dangerous place to be at for too long. Haha! :)
Hmm, personally, to me the sightings of mel/mike cld have been mistaken with Ron OR gary. Cos all three of em is with white hair. lol.
Perhaps the person who saw them saw the cowboys, the african-american team AND an old man.

Judging from Mel/Mike (whichever one the dad is hahaaha), mel/mike is pretty tall, therefore im crossing gary out.
Therefore, i think she saw ron instead lol!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1136 on: December 05, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »
Ha, on the preview for the next eppy of TAR 17, they have a "special surprise for what the next Season will be". I "wonder what it is?" :lol:

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #1137 on: December 05, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
im actually thinking the mell and mike spot in india is most probably ron and gary together, since they both have gray to white hair,the dad and daughters might be in an alliance with the cowboys even.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1138 on: December 05, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »
Ron and Gary looking like Mike and Mel??.. er, that is a stretch.

And so is running decoys for the rest of the race. That would be far more expensive and time consuming for production. 
Maybe Mel and Mike are this seasons Nick/Vicky where we all thought they were gone early and surprised (most) of us last until the penultimate leg.

Whatever the answer, the game is afoot and this is intriguing!!  :jumpy:

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1139 on: December 05, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »
I think its a further stretch that Mel/Mike are actually in the race, to be honest I think at this point its wishful thinking.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1140 on: December 05, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »
I think its a further stretch that Mel/Mike are actually in the race, to be honest I think at this point its wishful thinking.

Agreed. I mean, Nick and Vicki were unknown, so it was much harder to spot them. But this is AllStars. If we cant get this right, we may aswell give up hahaha

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1141 on: December 05, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »
well, Maybe Mel and Mike picked up a new super Fast Forward, I'll call the worm-hole portal. Where they can choose to bypass one country on the race and all tasks performed within the country. And leaving the country at the same time as the lead team.
And that's how we didn't see them in China, as they used their Worm-Hole portal to jump all the tasks in China, and move directly to the next desination.

Actually, the source is sounding more suspect in their descriptions. I do believe that the cowboys, Kisha/Jen and now the Goths were there and that he saw them. But as far as the racers versus some production personnel, it may be that he is confusing them.

But I won't be horridly upset to see Mel/Mike still in the race, as long as Kint/Vyxen remain all else is secondary.

I agree!! Kynt and Vyxsin are the priority!! Please be F3 this time!!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1142 on: December 05, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »

Margie/Luke is out really? for elimination?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1143 on: December 05, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »

Read through the threads, okay??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1144 on: December 05, 2010, 10:22:32 PM »

Read through the threads, okay??

It's made me confusion and trying find who elimintion.. sorry, I trying reading the threads... 
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
It would be interesting to know that the Indian spoiler person's definition of a "hippie" is? India has a very well known "hippie" commune or colony....however you want to call it. It is called Goa and Neobie mentioned it earlier in this or the sightings thread. It is on the west coast of the subcontinent, south of Mumbai. It is a former Portuguese colony, that India attacked and took over in about 1960/1961, I believe.

Where as we have separate definitions for "hippies" and "goths," they may not make that distinction in India proper.
Matthew 7:15

NoluckBoston

« Reply #1146 on: December 05, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »
I often wondered if Hippies could have been the Globe Trotters. The did where there outfits before on the race. Those shorts are kinda retro.

But I go back to the curly hair.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1147 on: December 06, 2010, 05:23:24 AM »
Found Twitter!

Just saw two contestants from the @TheAmazingRace in Vienna, Austria !! :D
-2 hours ago

If this is correct...feel like a TAR14 repeat...5 teams from TAR14,3 same countries by now.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1148 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:47 AM »
from   GabGabyGabby
.Just saw two contestants from the @TheAmazingRace in Vienna, Austria !! :D
about 3 hours ago

That makes it about 9:30 am Vienna time, Dec 6th.

If this is correct...feel like a TAR14 repeat...5 teams from TAR14,3 same countries by now.

TAR14 did not go to Vienna.....but TAR4 did...........repeat racers and repeat countries.....seems to be the theme this time. TAR 14 was certainly in Austria.......but in Salzburg on opposite side of country.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:44:22 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1149 on: December 06, 2010, 05:31:30 AM »
Vienna is a lovely place.. :hearts: :hearts: