Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627194 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1075 on: December 03, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
Something tells me there's a leg between Kolkatta and Kunming. Doubt it's Thailand, perhaps Laos?

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1076 on: December 03, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »
FWIW, more info from the Kolkata tweeter:

"2 guys w/ cowboy boy hats. 2 guys w/ curly hair. 2 really tall african-american women..."
curly hair?
Looks like no M/M team with curly hair...

UNLESS.. this year, instead of shaving your head at a fast forward, the team :lol3: had to have perms!  :lol3:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1077 on: December 03, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
Something tells me there's a leg between Kolkatta and Kunming. Doubt it's Thailand, perhaps Laos?

Certainly possible.........but the teams he saw......could have been leaving Kalcutta too.....not arriving.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1078 on: December 03, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
Please excuse a noob question, but how do you interpret the tweet-time? If it's 02:07 at CCU, is that real local time? Zulu (Greenwich) time? Or something else?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1079 on: December 03, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
Please excuse a noob question, but how do you interpret the tweet-time? If it's 02:07 at CCU, is that real local time? Zulu (Greenwich) time? Or something else?

It depends on the time a person has their computer set too........all times on my twitter are CST .....then will be CDT time in March......so you have to transpose back.....I use a world clock to figure out what the time was when the orginal poster posted.......does that make sense?

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1080 on: December 03, 2010, 09:58:55 PM »

I've heard non-EST people complain that their tweets always post in EST, but I don't know if it's just a matter of changing a setting?

Also, Dr. Rox, I think it's likely our spotter saw teams leaving Kolkata as he was also leaving Kolkata. Not certain, but likely, it seems to me.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1081 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
A less brain-tangling way of doing it would be to set your computer to Indian time, restart the browser, and everything will be in local time! (Just figured this out today. Heh.) If teams were leaving Kolkata there could only have been one leg so far...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1082 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
You can certainly do that, Neobie.......I just find it easier to have this one world time site online all the time when teams are racing.....it lists current local time in about 100 cities around the world, all on the same page at once. It also has a search window, so you can add a city that they do not list.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1083 on: December 03, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
Surely the 2 curly headed guys are production, Zev/Justin both have short hair.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1084 on: December 03, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
A couple days ago......I was constantly gettting tweets from all over SE Asia, in anticiption of the TARAsia finale.......today I am hardly getting any new hits when I search for Amazing Race on twitter........is this happening to anyone else....seems like Twitter cut off Indonesia, etc.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1085 on: December 03, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »
Kisha/Jen are tall black ladies....?

There is a pic of Zev/Justin in China....hair is not long, or curly...at all.

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1086 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
They're here in the Philippines. Joke. Hays, what a dream. Hope they can come though again, after the appearance of the country in the fifth season.

:lol:

newbie here.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1087 on: December 03, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
Sort of along with the general theme of this year.......I dont expect to see them visit any new countries either....no new racers and no new countries.

I'm pretty sure they will at least visit 2-3 new countries this season.  I speculate that they could visit Central Africa like Gabon, Cameroon, or North Africa like Algeria; Central America and the Caribbean are long overdue for a revisit since seasons 7 and Family Edition.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1088 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:00 PM »
Sort of along with the general theme of this year.......I dont expect to see them visit any new countries either....no new racers and no new countries.

I'm pretty sure they will at least visit 2-3 new countries this season.  I speculate that they could visit Central Africa like Gabon, Cameroon, or North Africa like Algeria; Central America and the Caribbean are long overdue for a revisit since seasons 7 and Family Edition.

Refresh my memory.....are you not the one that said there was zero chance that Flight Time and Big Easy would be in TAR18?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1089 on: December 03, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »

Refresh my memory.....are you not the one that said there was zero chance that Flight Time and Big Easy would be in TAR18?

Yes, that was before I saw the pictures of them in Sydney with the other teams.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1090 on: December 03, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »
Cord is kind of bald, Jet has curly black hair

PS: I can't tell the two of them apart...

Damn, I want them out.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #1091 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »
Surely the 2 curly headed guys are production, Zev/Justin both have short hair.

Theres a chance both grew their hair. But also to tall black ladies? it must be a communication error.

Zev and Justin both had the same hair from season 15 while in Sydney. Unless it grew really fast, it's not them.

The "tall black ladies" are Kisha and Jen. From what I could gather they both stand over 6 foot.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1092 on: December 04, 2010, 12:20:47 AM »
Maybe Flight Time and Big Easy put on some Afro wigs to disguise themselves........ :yess:

or the Cowboys and Kisha/Jenn were eliminated and were on the way to ES with a couple of curly headed Production Assts......

The adjective "curly" is a pretty subjective term.....the orginal observer might have a somewhat different definition than other people trying to intrepret his comment. I do hope someone is sending him pics to try to identify, which I feel pretty sure is being done.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:37:03 AM by DrRox »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1093 on: December 04, 2010, 02:10:37 AM »
Maybe Flight Time and Big Easy put on some Afro wigs to disguise themselves........ :yess:

or the Cowboys and Kisha/Jenn were eliminated and were on the way to ES with a couple of curly headed Production Assts......

The adjective "curly" is a pretty subjective term.....the orginal observer might have a somewhat different definition than other people trying to intrepret his comment. I do hope someone is sending him pics to try to identify, which I feel pretty sure is being done.

What?! Cowboys are elimination? Ken/Jen are elimination?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1094 on: December 04, 2010, 02:53:17 AM »

:)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1095 on: December 04, 2010, 03:07:40 AM »

That wouldn't suck.  Well, Kisha & Jen being gone would, but not Jet & Cord.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1096 on: December 04, 2010, 04:04:49 AM »
A couple days ago......I was constantly gettting tweets from all over SE Asia, in anticiption of the TARAsia finale.......today I am hardly getting any new hits when I search for Amazing Race on twitter........is this happening to anyone else....seems like Twitter cut off Indonesia, etc.

Indonesia recognised as world's biggest Twitter addict

Research from comScore has concluded that Indonesia is the planet's most Twitter-addicted nation. According to the data, 20.8 percent of Indonesians online visited Twitter during June 2010, with the country scoring the highest percentage rate of Twitter usage amongst of any nation's online population.

Indonesian isn't the only Asian nation recognised as strong, from the continent Japan (5th with a 16.8% reach), Philippines (6th with a 14.8% reach), Singapore (9th with a 13.3%), South Korea (16th with a 9.3% reach), India (18th with a 8.0% reach) and Malaysia (19th with a 7.7% reach).

http://www.asiancorrespondent.com/jon-russell/research-proves-indonesia-is-world-s-biggest-twitter-addict

I guess not, DrRox. I read it about Indonesians being crazy addicts over social network and went to dig up this article. :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1097 on: December 04, 2010, 05:57:02 AM »

Where they now in leg? Indian? or anywhere?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1098 on: December 04, 2010, 06:06:46 AM »
where are the teams now?

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #1099 on: December 04, 2010, 06:34:05 AM »
where are the teams now?

I don't think anyone knows for sure where they are right now. Maybe in the African bush somewhere where they are hard to spot.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan