Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627586 times)

Offline ausina

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #750 on: November 28, 2010, 06:25:56 AM »
all the remained teams are confirmed, and they are on the train from Li Jiang to Kun Ming now

The 9 teams are:

Ron & Christina
Big Easy & Flight Time
Jaime & Cara
Margie & Luke
Lakisha & Jen
Zev & Justin
Cord & Jet
Gary & Mallory
Kynt & Vyxsin

Two teams have been eliminated:
Amanda & Kris ( in Australia leg)
Mel & Mike (in Japan leg)

The third leg in Li Jiang, China is uneliminated leg.

Kynt & Vyxsin are the last to arrvie pit stop. And there'll be U-turn in the next leg.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:01:02 AM by ausina »

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #751 on: November 28, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »
So is the train ride about 8 hours.....from Lijiang to Kunming??????

It is 0515 in NYC and 0215 in Los Angeles

Are they travelling via train to Kunming now?

EDIT:Sorry,just read live sightings stating this.So now we need to wait for another couple of hours.

So they are currently on their way to Kunming via train? Is this leg 4 having started, or is this like a rolling pit stop where they are all being taken to Kunming as one big batch?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #752 on: November 28, 2010, 07:36:11 AM »

So they are currently on their way to Kunming via train? Is this leg 4 having started, or is this like a rolling pit stop where they are all being taken to Kunming as one big batch?

Rolling pitstop.

Offline GabrielP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #753 on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »
YAY!

Jaime & Cara are still in it <3  :jumpy:  :jumpy:
and Kynt & Vyxsin too <3  :jumpy:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2010, 08:30:55 AM »
Thanks for all the new info. How do you manage to come up with all this great info?

Btw, has anyone here met Phil or anyone in the prod.crew?
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #755 on: November 28, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »
it is good to see Goth are still on the race

Offline metalent

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #756 on: November 28, 2010, 08:55:54 AM »
Chinese fans are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :keeta:

BeiJing is far away from Lijiang ,about 2800 km~~~~ :jumpy:

They followed the contestants all the day :tup:

I think they will be on TV ,aha

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #757 on: November 28, 2010, 08:56:20 AM »
Thanks for all the new info. How do you manage to come up with all this great info?

Mad_Joe and Uncle Bao met Phil and photoed with Phil today,so lucky!!!

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #758 on: November 28, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
Do we know when this train is set to arrive at Kunming?

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #759 on: November 28, 2010, 09:10:18 AM »

Very lucky. I was hoping to met him last time they were in Norway, but he had already left... GRRR!!!  Where are Mad_joe& Uncle Bao from since they met him today?
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #760 on: November 28, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »

I'll say!  :wohoo:

Huge Thank You's to both of them for all they are doing!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #761 on: November 28, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #762 on: November 28, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
I'm glad that Ron & Christina and Zev & Justin are safe!

I hope the Goths can turn it around.

Glad Cara's safe!  I'd be glad Jaime's safe as well if Jaime is better-behaved this leg.

I liked Mel & Mike but they were never among my personal favorites, so I'm not sorry to see them go -- nor was I terribly sorry to see Amanda & Kris go either.

Belle Book

calibound234

« Reply #763 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
Yay I'm glad all the other teams are confirmed still in it<3

Mel and Mike weren't my favorites to see back and I'm alot happier now that they got an early boot.

I can say the same about Amanda and Kris although it might have been nice to get to know them a little more since we didnt the first time they were on the race X_X. 1st eliminated? What was the point in bringing them back?

I love how TAR 14 had 5 teams representing and everyone was so annoyed with that. And now the 2 out of those 5 that everyone was least excited to see back are gone first and second X_X
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:28:52 AM by calibound234 »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #764 on: November 28, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »

Very lucky. I was hoping to met him last time they were in Norway, but he had already left... GRRR!!!  Where are Mad_joe& Uncle Bao from since they met him today?

I can tell you the story...
Mad_Joe,Uncle Bao and I had a strong feeling that they will come to China this season (but no proof at all),then I tried to search Sina Microblog again and again,but nothing...when I want to give up and went to bed last night,I finally found the photo which Gallory spotted in Kunming(this photo was noted without"amazingrace" so nobody found it) at 1am today,you can't imagine how exciting I am! I told Mad_Joe who from Beijing and Uncle Bao who from shanghai, they booked tickets and fly to Lijiang right now.All Chinese fans had amazing day today,we tried our best to find information and finally spotted by Mad_Joe and Uncle bao...We are so so so happy!!!

jiajia12

« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Separated couples usually goes out first
oh btw anyone know what time they arrive at Kunming?

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #766 on: November 28, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Okay so Kynt and Vyxsin came in last on leg 3 which is NEL correct?

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #767 on: November 28, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »

Very lucky. I was hoping to met him last time they were in Norway, but he had already left... GRRR!!!  Where are Mad_joe& Uncle Bao from since they met him today?

I can tell you the story...
Mad_Joe,Uncle Bao and I had a strong feeling that they will come to China this season (but no proof at all),then I tried to search Sina Microblog again and again,but nothing...when I want to give up and went to bed last night,I finally found the photo which Gallory spotted in Kunming(this photo was noted without"amazingrace" so nobody found it) at 1am today,you can't imagine how exciting I am! I told Mad_Joe who from Beijing and Uncle Bao who from shanghai, they booked tickets and fly to Lijiang right now.All Chinese fans had amazing day today,we tried our best to find information and finally spotted by Mad_Joe and Uncle bao...We are so so so happy!!!

Thanks for telling the story, so happy for you. If they come to Europe, I'll might have chance to spot them.

Offline 2k2m

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #768 on: November 28, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »
just saw mallory and her father,and jamie and cara,so 9 teams are heading to kunming right now from the train station in lijiang

from Mad_Joe

Now we really feel sad to Mel and Mike.
she confirmed Mel/Mike and Amanda/Kris didn't show up here,which definitely means they are all out,but not sure about who Jamie and Cara is

also from Mad_Joe

I'm sorry, but just one thing is not clear to me: So mad_joe spotted gary mallory , jaime & cara?
And what about the second commentary? Who didn't see Amanda & Kris, Mel & Mike and didn't know who jaime & Cara is?

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #769 on: November 28, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »
Yeah that confused me too, and Margie/Luke were just added in there somehow nothing too concrete.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #770 on: November 28, 2010, 12:01:57 PM »
Exciting stuff this morning!

Anyone stationed at Kunming??
I thought TAR fans were rabid and resourceful on this side of the Pacific, but how many of us would jump on a plane and travel like they did to catch a glimpse??.. great work

This cemented my adoration for Christina:
"2.30pm: Talked a long while with Christina, both in English and Chinese. Both she and her father are pretty fluent in Chinese. I told them to go for gold, and she thanked me. I wanted to help her, but she's too honest and didn't want to "cheat". She hugged to thank me in the end, I'm going to cry..."

I wonder if TAR will allow some of these superfans to be shown to help the teams. They showed Romber being helped, so I hope that they show that there are TAR fans around the world as well!

And not horribly upset at the way this race is panning out. As long as k/v keep racing I am happy, and actually relieved that 2 of the 5 teams from TAR14 are out first.

My personal pick to leave next would be the professional athletes. They would be the only ones left that I would feel would be disasterous to win the race. I hope there are lots of mind bending puzzles along the way to even the playing field.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #771 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
Facebook: Saw the filming of Amazing Race at Balestier! The task: To open xx number of durians!
                  f/u post: Really? the US version? That's so frigging cool!!! yum yum. Bet the contestants were dying from the smell tho.
                  f/u post: Yeah I think it's the US version. Poor contestants, I'm sure they felt nauseous from the smell! There were like piles of durians!
                  F/u post: Yes ....: it's next to the temple near our place. They even got opera performers! I hope I don't get caught on c...amera, was   walking     home from ......... place and was damm sloppy lah!!!
I wanted to snap a picture but was stopped! I should have been more discreet! Haha

(about 2 hours ago)

The US teams are on a train in China. Is this TAROz?
Or are the Aussies in Italy?

Too many races to keep track of. :groan:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:05:25 PM by Neobie »

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #772 on: November 28, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
just saw mallory and her father,and jamie and cara,so 9 teams are heading to kunming right now from the train station in lijiang

from Mad_Joe

Now we really feel sad to Mel and Mike.
she confirmed Mel/Mike and Amanda/Kris didn't show up here,which definitely means they are all out,but not sure about who Jamie and Cara is

also from Mad_Joe

Glad I'm not the only confused one.  Are Jaime & Cara still in it or not?  Hope we get photo evidence!

Thanks weihen and your crew in China!  This has been so much fun for all of us reading along with your adventures! :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

I'm sorry, but just one thing is not clear to me: So mad_joe spotted gary mallory , jaime & cara?
And what about the second commentary? Who didn't see Amanda & Kris, Mel & Mike and didn't know who jaime & Cara is?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #773 on: November 28, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »

Glad I'm not the only confused one.  Are Jaime & Cara still in it or not?  Hope we get photo evidence!

Thanks weihen and your crew in China!  This has been so much fun for all of us reading along with your adventures! :hearts: :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

The redheads were spotted @ the Pit Stop and on the way back to Kunming.
here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg577651.html#msg577651
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:48:35 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline tarfan92

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #774 on: November 28, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
First, I wanna say thanks to weihan, Uncle Bao, and Mad_Joe. Yall have done AMAZING!!!

Does anyone else think this will be a short leg? Leg 3 must have been really long, from flying from Japan to China then the train ride. Hopefully we will learn who gets eliminated *crosses fingers*