Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627595 times)

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #550 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
Same could be said for Margie and Luke. I would expect Gary and Mallory to look more like Amanda/Kris than Margie/Luke, unless of course it is Amanda/Kris.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #551 on: November 25, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »
Hmm a possible Amanda/Kris sighting? thats interesting.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #552 on: November 25, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
Thank you to everyone who replied!Everyone is so respectful of others here and that's lovely to see!Ooh Coutzy do you have some inside knowledge?lol perhaps following them around
Sydney gave you a different outlook?;)

I have nothing against Kris and Amanda.They seemed like a nice couple but I had to think really hard to remember them. I haven't seen Kynt and Vyxsins season.Can anyone enlighten me as to why they're
so well liked?Same goes for Christina and Ronald actually.

I think one reason why the Goths (Kynt & Vyksin) are so well-liked is because they were really nice to each other and were good racers for the most part.  I liked Ron & Christina at first because they were Asian American and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, but later on I came to like them because their relationship improved and because they were underdogs to some degree.

Belle Book

Don't believe everything you see.  :angel

I like them because they are unique and seem likeable and happy about the experience
They are also great racers (NEVER finished below 5th place, although this has changed this season already  :lol: )
2nd   4th   4th   5th   2nd   2nd   5th   5th (That is their race record until their elimination)

And to TSPKM, I dont think so- they probably mistook Margie and Luke for a couple (Or G/M :lol: )

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
Hmm a possible Amanda/Kris sighting? thats interesting.
Where abouts? Maybe Sequesterville?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
Idk Margie and Luke look nothing like Amanda and Kris, niether do Gary/Mallory. Maybe the first leg was a NEL ?

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #555 on: November 25, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
Facebook post: Went to the Kamakura Shrine and saw some Amazing Race Contestants. :) (9 hours ago)
----------------------------------------------------------

Kamakuri is located 1 hour outside Tokyo

9 hours ago in Tokyo was 10pm. This could be from the previous leg!

Peach gave me the lead to the person who posted this update on Facebook.  I'm getting the details figured out as his account is somewhat sketchy, but he is visiting the Tokyo area so he's not a resident there - gotta cut him a bit of slack there, as Japan can be confusing to many foreigners.

What I have so far is the following (he gave me permission to share details):

I went there in the afternoon. I don't know which temple that was as I'm also a foreigner here but it's the one where you have to climb a number of steps before you reach the top. I saw cowboys, 2 black ladies, 2 pink-dyed hair ladies, and a Caucasian couple. I was able to take a picture of the cowboy and the black ladies.

2 pink-dyed hair ladies FTW!!!  :colors  :lol:

Anyway, I am checking with him when he was there and where the exact temple/shrine he was at. He later on did say it was during the afternoon and was located near the center of the city, so I am going on a whim and say it was the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu (鶴岡八幡宮).

(hold on, this is still unconfirmed)

This is a nice walk away from the JR Kamakura Station, and quite a popular tourist spot.

Stay tuned...

:yess: UPDATE!
I just got confirmation that it was indeed at the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine (see the Google street view link above) on Friday afternoon where he spotted Jet/Cord, Kisha/Jen, Kynt/Vyxsin, and what I am guessing as Amanda/Kris or Margie/Luke.  Checking what time he saw them.

For more information, check out the Wikipedia page on Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu.

:yess: UPDATE#2!

His sighting was around 1:30PM on 2010/11/25 FRI.

Just to be sure, did someone want to contact the person to make sure it was pink, and not 'red' lost in translation??
Could be K/V or J/C.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
Idk Margie and Luke look nothing like Amanda and Kris, niether do Gary/Mallory. Maybe the first leg was a NEL ?
@TSPKM: The first leg was a very long leg split into 2 parts (a TBC leg). Therefore the chances of a NEL for the first leg in Australia would be very slim. There were around 6 spotters at Central station in Sydney for the start of the 2nd leg and no one saw Amanda/Kris. Also no sitings on Qantas or Cathay flights to Tokyo. So I would say from this evidence it is 99.9% certain that Amanda/Kris were eliminated.

Any sitings of Amanda/Kris now may mean they are in 'Sequesterville', a place the eliminated teams stay together until it is ready to go back to the US for the finish line. It would be nice to know where A/K have been spotted cause then we would know where 'Sequesterville' is! :) I would speculated somewhere in SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam maybe?)
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:01 PM »
Elimination Stations:
TAR 12--Portugal
TAR 13--Acapulco, Mx
TAR 14--Thailand
TAR 15--Vietnam
TAR 16--Puerto Vallerta, Mx
TAR 17--Isla Mujeres, Mx

So probably in SE Asia somewhere.
Matthew 7:15

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2010, 11:50:05 PM »
Sometimes you get couples that are competent Racers and who do not bicker or say things that drive people crazy.  Like Kris and Amanda. They ran into being U-Turned in their original season, and didn't really make any mistakes leading into it.  They just had the misfortune of being targeted by a blind U-Turn. 
They reminded people during their original season of TAR 6's Kris and Jon, who almost pulled off the win but for some bad advice in booking their final flight back to the U.S. Kris and Jon were strong Racers, never argued, and from all reports to this day, are well liked and generated fond memories from the fans.
That is why some of us liked the fact they were included in this new season and why we're sad that they were apparently the first ones out.

well said. Anyone who has negative things to say about them have no reason as to why. They are a good team and should have had a second chance !

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 25, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »
Sometimes you get couples that are competent Racers and who do not bicker or say things that drive people crazy.  Like Kris and Amanda. They ran into being U-Turned in their original season, and didn't really make any mistakes leading into it.  They just had the misfortune of being targeted by a blind U-Turn. 
They reminded people during their original season of TAR 6's Kris and Jon, who almost pulled off the win but for some bad advice in booking their final flight back to the U.S. Kris and Jon were strong Racers, never argued, and from all reports to this day, are well liked and generated fond memories from the fans.
That is why some of us liked the fact they were included in this new season and why we're sad that they were apparently the first ones out.

well said. Anyone who has negative things to say about them have no reason as to why. They are a good team and should have had a second chance !

They did have a second chance. It just wasn't meant to be.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: November 26, 2010, 12:36:51 AM »
No personal attacks or teasing each other, please.

Back on topic. So, do we think they'll stay in Japan or continue their journey into Asia?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:25 AM »
I think it's a 24hrs pitstop and 3rd leg hasn't started yet...since no sightings of Tokyo airport.

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #562 on: November 26, 2010, 01:22:20 AM »
Unless leg 3 is still in Japan.

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #563 on: November 26, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »
I'm not desperate or in denial - I'm hopeful and this is not the right forum to attack someone else on the forum.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: November 26, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »
Okay, enough please! Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about the racers, but you MUST be respectful of each other.

Those of you who know and love a team are going to have to be patient with those who may not feel the same.

Let's try to move on back to discussing THIS race and speculating on THIS race?

:ty3:

Remember that our rules say:

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts. You're more than welcome to express your like or dislike for certain contestant on the show. However, the Racers do join and participate here at RFF, we want them to feel welcome so we ask that you keep that in mind as well. RFF is a fun place and we need your help to keep it that way.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:13:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #565 on: November 26, 2010, 02:00:09 AM »
If you are having trouble with your quote tags, please be sure to scroll down far enough to post PAST the [/quote] button!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: November 26, 2010, 03:41:32 AM »
Just saw this on Survivorsucks:

Is it me or their Kamakura visit seem too good to be true especially that it's also one of the sites shown in the TAR Wii Game? (The Buddha one...)

Are they actually doing a season just to promote the game?

I think it's possible...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #567 on: November 26, 2010, 04:35:48 AM »
Just saw this on Survivorsucks:

Is it me or their Kamakura visit seem too good to be true especially that it's also one of the sites shown in the TAR Wii Game? (The Buddha one...)

Are they actually doing a season just to promote the game?

I think it's possible...

Can someone do a summary of all the locations? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #568 on: November 26, 2010, 04:46:31 AM »
Am I crazy enough to buy wii just so I can play the TAR game?... The answer scares me.

I'm expecting India next. Only half of these second chance racers have experienced it before and it was absent in TAR17. The geography nerd in me would still ideally prefer another Asia stop in Qatar or Papua New Guinea or the Maldives, but realistically... that's not going to happen.  

As to Jaime, I'm going to guess that her decision to appear in a certain magazine wasn't very popular.

I can only speak for myself, but: no. I had NO clue what she's been up to until I read it here a couple of days ago, I only really keep track of racers I like. I would never hold a nude pictorial against any woman, we're in the 21st century and damn well allowed to do whatever we please and I support that.

To answer the original question, I'll let TWOP's recap do the job for me:

As they head out to the street to find a cab, Jaime finds a way to be obnoxious even during this relatively simple transaction. After Cara asks a cabbie if the unmarked car he's driving is "an official taxi," she says, "It's a BMW, I doubt it." Come to Thailand, and bring your Western cultural assumptions with you! They go over to ask a cop for corroboration, and Jaime gets all yelly when the cop wants to talk to someone else. "Stop talking to him! Listen! Listen, stop talking!" Alas, she is not arrested on the spot. In an interview, she says that she's so frustrated by the language barrier that "I become a lunatic. And there's nothing I can do to stop it. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." Nothing? Learning another language might help. Or, hey, I've got an even better idea for avoiding problems with language barriers: don't go on The Amazing Race.

I have never had an ounce of respect for any racer who's annoyed at people around the world having the GALL to not speak English in order to accommodate their winning a million bucks. Jaime is not as bad as KKKendra, but they're both Ugly Americans.

Offline metalent

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #569 on: November 26, 2010, 04:50:28 AM »
the Eiffel tower
Red Square
Toronto
Egypt
Emirate of Dubai
Easter Island
Kampuchea(Cambodia)
Taj Mahal, India
China
Maya
president hill
Japen of cos

and some places I don't know

I think at least 5 destinations appear on the video

====================

soooooooo , I think the next place may be China or  Cambodia
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:49:42 AM by metalent »

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2010, 04:53:18 AM »
Thank you, metalent!

Some of those they've done before and I think it's safe to exclude Russia for this season since they've just had a double leg there last season and half of these racers have also raced in Russia in their original season.

Easter Island... if ONLY. It's a very sensitive ecosystem, I'm not sure they'd ever get permission to haul the crew around.

Maya? I'm assuming Mayan temples? Yes, please, I'd love to see Central America this time. Not sure if the weather's right for a December race though.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #571 on: November 26, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
Egypt please! :hearts: 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #572 on: November 26, 2010, 05:23:34 AM »
Easter Island... if ONLY. It's a very sensitive ecosystem, I'm not sure they'd ever get permission to haul the crew around.

Are you sure of this. I know of no travel restrictions to Easter Island. Is it possible you are thinking of the Galapagos off the coast of Ecuador?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #573 on: November 26, 2010, 05:25:15 AM »
Egypt please! :hearts: 

Yes.....this time on the east bank of the Nile and train ride to Alexandria.......

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #574 on: November 26, 2010, 05:44:01 AM »
what about Jaime and Cara? :(
those freaking cheerleaders who complain them that the locals can't speak English?  Heck probably they're the last one to arrive at the pit stop and they have difficulties on communicating with the Japanese locals there.  I wish they'd been eliminated there or else... (:;)