Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627268 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #525 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:27 PM »
Thank you to everyone who replied!Everyone is so respectful of others here and that's lovely to see!Ooh Coutzy do you have some inside knowledge?lol perhaps following them around
Sydney gave you a different outlook?;)

Indeed it did. They spent some time bickering while the cameras weren't rolling. Vyxsin was asking Kynt not to yell at her so much, while Kynt was sure he'd only yelled once, in encouragement.

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #526 on: November 25, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »

Yay! :jumpy: Love those guys!

So do I!!!They're my absolute favourites!On
a side note, I really hope Kesha and Jen learned
how
to swim o.O

Given the fact that they are still in the race after a task at the Aquarium in Manly (which probably had something to do with water..), I would say they might have.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #527 on: November 25, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
Thank you to everyone who replied!Everyone is so respectful of others here and that's lovely to see!Ooh Coutzy do you have some inside knowledge?lol perhaps following them around
Sydney gave you a different outlook?;)

Indeed it did. They spent some time bickering while the cameras weren't rolling. Vyxsin was asking Kynt not to yell at her so much, while Kynt was sure he'd only yelled once, in encouragement.

The pink and black had their share of fights on TAR 12.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline sweffilou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #528 on: November 25, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »

how
to swim o.O

I thought it was just Jen which didn't know how to or was afraid of water - mind you I hope so to after we saw them in lone of the pictures in wetsuits
So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately: "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #529 on: November 25, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »

how
to swim o.O

I thought it was just Jen which didn't know how to or was afraid of water - mind you I hope so to after we saw them in lone of the pictures in wetsuits

I think they were both afraid of water; the younger 1 just showed it more.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #530 on: November 25, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
I think the younger one was more afraid of water but neither could swim very well.It's sad I know
but I played on repeat the part where one dives into the water and the other says "Mama still ain't name
her Grace." It was one of my favourite moments from that season.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #531 on: November 25, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »
 :duno: What is about Jaime that you want her gone fast? :duno: not sure if this got posted to the right comment.... :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:28:28 PM by inquiring minds »

Offline realityfan2001

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #532 on: November 25, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
It seems we lost contact with Japanese?!

I am a TAR fan in Guangzhou, China. 
And there are numbers of fans in Mainland China.
If they come to China, maybe we can do all this things as many as possible.

vernmei@gmail.com

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #533 on: November 25, 2010, 08:53:57 PM »
Kent and Vyxsin scored points with a lot of the fan base for their treatment of the fans after their season was filmed and their elimination that season was broadcast.  (Not the first team to do that either -- the Guidos are the best example.) And I think several of these teams are showing signs of having benefited from their prior Racing experience.

As to Jaime, I'm going to guess that her decision to appear in a certain magazine wasn't very popular. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. I thought they were capable of winning the Race the first time around, and I would view them as a definite contender this time out.
-- theschnauzers

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #534 on: November 25, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »
Kent and Vyxsin scored points with a lot of the fan base for their treatment of the fans after their season was filmed and their elimination that season was broadcast.  (Not the first team to do that either -- the Guidos are the best example.) And I think several of these teams are showing signs of having benefited from their prior Racing experience.

As to Jaime, I'm going to guess that her decision to appear in a certain magazine wasn't very popular. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. I thought they were capable of winning the Race the first time around, and I would view them as a definite contender this time out.

I believe it was her treatment of the cab drivers and her decision in the final leg to call 911 dispatch because the driver didn't know where the place was they were going.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #535 on: November 25, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »

I believe it was her treatment of the cab drivers and her decision in the final leg to call 911 dispatch because the driver didn't know where the place was they were going.

I agree and just generally she seemed quite rude.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #536 on: November 25, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
 :wohoo: :tup:

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:44:20 PM by inquiring minds »

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #537 on: November 25, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »
 :ascared

[
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:26:35 PM by inquiring minds »

Offline jayreh1021

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #538 on: November 25, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
I probably would have gone crazy too but calling 911 and such does seem a bit overboard
Kent and Vyxsin scored points with a lot of the fan base for their treatment of the fans after their season was filmed and their elimination that season was broadcast.  (Not the first team to do that either -- the Guidos are the best example.) And I think several of these teams are showing signs of having benefited from their prior Racing experience.

Could you imagine being that close to winning the race and getting in a cab on the LAST leg and getting a cab driver that didnt know where he was GOING??? Oh my Gosh, THEN for him to stop to get GAS!  :meow: :meow:
Oh what would you have done? I would have had to have my partner in the race PULL ME OFF OF HIM! LOL....
I would have called Any one at that close to the end! 911, 411, 1-800- wheretheheck are we? I would have gone nuts! LOL :knuckles:

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #539 on: November 25, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
B:) B:)
I probably would have gone crazy too but calling 911 and such does seem a bit overboard

[
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 09:24:51 PM by inquiring minds »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #540 on: November 25, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »
 I was just going to say that I hope we get a sighting soon!I'm avidly watching these boards and Twitter but alas nothing has turned up yet :(

Kent and Vyxsin scored points with a lot of the fan base for their treatment of the fans after their season was filmed and their elimination that season was broadcast.  (Not the first team to do that either -- the Guidos are the best example.) And I think several of these teams are showing signs of having benefited from their prior Racing experience.

Could you imagine being that close to winning the race and getting in a cab on the LAST leg and getting a cab driver that didnt know where he was GOING??? Oh my Gosh, THEN for him to stop to get GAS!  :meow: :meow:
Oh what would you have done? I would have had to have my partner in the race PULL ME OFF OF HIM! LOL....
I would have called Any one at that close to the end! 911, 411, 1-800- wheretheheck are we? I would have gone nuts! LOL :knuckles:

I wish some one would spot them somewhere soon!!! You cant miss the Globe trotters, or the gothic girls! Maybe they got a break for Thanksgiving!

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #541 on: November 25, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
 :jam:
I was just going to say that I hope we get a sighting soon!I'm avidly watching these boards and Twitter but alas nothing has turned up yet :(

:colors yes I have 2 computers going at once , checking FB and the Blogs !

I wish some one would spot them somewhere soon!!! You cant miss the Globe trotters, or the gothic girls! Maybe they got a break for Thanksgiving!

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #542 on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
So....with a lack of sightings in Japan, is it possible they are NOT in Tokyo afterall but in a different country??

EDIT: I realize that a flight from Sydney to Tokyo is rather long, especially if there is a connection in Hong Kong and if the flight was delayed. which could have explained the lack of sightings since they must have been in the air the whole time! just now read the sightings at a Japanese shrine, so I guess Tokyo is indeed confirmed which is kinda disappointing since we just saw Japan recently. so that means Globetrotters (back in Tokyo) and Asian team back in Japan
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:56:00 PM by gl14 »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: November 25, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »
:groan: We are drifting away... *sigh*
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: November 25, 2010, 09:53:33 PM »
So....with a lack of sightings in Japan, is it possible they are NOT in Tokyo afterall but in a different country??
Someone spotted teams racing at  Kamakura .So they raced in Japan.But only this sighting...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to see it does it still make a noise ....?

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #546 on: November 25, 2010, 10:05:05 PM »
 :umn:
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to see it does it still make a noise ....?
I would say "yes" ??? I know that was a trick question......

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #547 on: November 25, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »

Actually it was rhetorical........and yeah......you missed it.
Matthew 7:15

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #548 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:49 PM »
 :lol3:

Actually it was rhetorical........and yeah......you missed it.
:lol3: this would be like " who came first the chicken or the egg?"   need sleeppppppppp

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #549 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:30 PM »
I'm wondering if they're getting their first real pit stop, that's more than the usual 12-hours, and getting a chance for a Thanksgiving meal. Didn't this come up with TAR 11? Does anyone remember anything one way or the other?
-- theschnauzers