Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627243 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #500 on: November 25, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
Or was there believed to be one TBC pitstop and then a normal pitstop with an elimination?

I think there was one TBC in Sydney and then a normal Pit Stop in Broken Hill. BTW, a "rolling Pit Stop" means that the contestants moved from one place to another during the Pit Stop time, like in Season 16 when they took the bus from Germany to France or Season 15 when the Pit Stop was a moving boat.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #501 on: November 25, 2010, 03:02:37 PM »
I'm so excited about this season, can't wait to see some of my favorite teams from previous season race another race.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #502 on: November 25, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »
I would love if they visit Chengdu!!I went there with my family when I was 16 and have never fallen in love with anywhere faster!Do beautiful and the people were wonderful!

One possible location may be Taipei Taiwan. Around 1 month ago, the route from Haneda to Taipei Sung-shan started and currently Taipei is hosting the Flora Expo, which would make good scenery, especially since they're filming in HD. There are also many flight from Haneda and Narita airports to Taipei Sung Shan or Taoyuan International Airports.

But they make Taiwan leg after Japan leg in S12,I don't think they will do same route(but they do same route India-Thailand-China in S14 as S1,so every thing can happen)...I think  they will fly to China,and may have a leg in Hangzhou,Nanjing or Chengdu(panda :hearts:)...since China is nightmare of all remaining S14 teams(except Mel and Mike),production may want visit again to bring drama.

BTW,all Chinese fans are waiting!!! :lol:

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #503 on: November 25, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
Or was there believed to be one TBC pitstop and then a normal pitstop with an elimination?

I think there was one TBC in Sydney and then a normal Pit Stop in Broken Hill. BTW, a "rolling Pit Stop" means that the contestants moved from one place to another during the Pit Stop time, like in Season 16 when they took the bus from Germany to France or Season 15 when the Pit Stop was a moving boat.

Thanks so much for clarifying that. I was definitely off on my assumption of what the rolling pit stop meant.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #504 on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
:duno:

has anyone thought about the possibility of A and K getting an express pass and perhaps they were on the other flight solo?
I don't think that's how it works

I understand that - but they will be doing a lot of things we cannot speculate this season. Just a thought ... A hopeful one !
I'm sorry to bring you bad news, but there is a stack of evidence that Amanda and Kris were the first team to be eliminated in Broken Hill.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
:duno:

has anyone thought about the possibility of A and K getting an express pass and perhaps they were on the other flight solo?
I don't think that's how it works

I understand that - but they will be doing a lot of things we cannot speculate this season. Just a thought ... A hopeful one !
I'm sorry to bring you bad news, but there is a stack of evidence that Amanda and Kris were the first team to be eliminated in Broken Hill.
:'(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #506 on: November 25, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »
Fantastic work everyone.   :jumpy:  I am so excited by this season, and hugely excited that A/K might have been eliminated first. I would have pegged the only young athletic dating couple to have won this race (again). So I love that we have all the other mixes of teams left.

Question, I have read through most of the information. Is the consensus that the first pitstop was a 'rolling pitstop' but with an elimination?
And I am assuming that rolling pitstop means a to be continued. I think that no-rest pitstops for the entire race is a fantastic idea for returning teams. They will have time to rest and sleep on flights and in airports. Will make for some grumpy teams though!

Ya I am pretty happy to see amanda and kris go.

What's with the animosity toward Krimanda?

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #507 on: November 25, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »
I barely remember them, I don't dislike them enough to be happy for their elimination per se, BUT I am happy that this means I'll get to see teams I like and am invested in for another leg. Jaime going away ASAP would have been better, sure, but other than that, I'd really rather see racers I actually care about reach another continent. It's bad enough for my nerves that there are a couple of teams this season I'm SO invested in, I'm a nervous wreck checking these threads every morning!  :ascared I desperately want Gary to race as much as possible because aside from Nat and Kat (even if they didn't win TAR17, they're not mactors, they can't take time off as much as other contestants) he's the closest I'll ever be to being on the Race. Not that I'm as awesome or as competent, but I think he's the biggest fan of the Race who's ever actually been on it. OK, the biggest fan I actually like and feel represented by, but yeah... Go, Gary! And Goths! And Zev and Justin! There aren't many seasons where I've been so invested in the racers, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #508 on: November 25, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »
I barely remember them, I don't dislike them enough to be happy for their elimination per se, BUT I am happy that this means I'll get to see teams I like and am invested in for another leg. Jaime going away ASAP would have been better, sure, but other than that, I'd really rather see racers I actually care about reach another continent. It's bad enough for my nerves that there are a couple of teams this season I'm SO invested in, I'm a nervous wreck checking these threads every morning!  :ascared I desperately want Gary to race as much as possible because aside from Nat and Kat (even if they didn't win TAR17, they're not mactors, they can't take time off as much as other contestants) he's the closest I'll ever be to being on the Race. Not that I'm as awesome or as competent, but I think he's the biggest fan of the Race who's ever actually been on it. OK, the biggest fan I actually like and feel represented by, but yeah... Go, Gary! And Goths! And Zev and Justin! There aren't many seasons where I've been so invested in the racers, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Then it looks like the producers have done their homework.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »
Sometimes you get couples that are competent Racers and who do not bicker or say things that drive people crazy.  Like Kris and Amanda. They ran into being U-Turned in their original season, and didn't really make any mistakes leading into it.  They just had the misfortune of being targeted by a blind U-Turn. 
They reminded people during their original season of TAR 6's Kris and Jon, who almost pulled off the win but for some bad advice in booking their final flight back to the U.S. Kris and Jon were strong Racers, never argued, and from all reports to this day, are well liked and generated fond memories from the fans.
That is why some of us liked the fact they were included in this new season and why we're sad that they were apparently the first ones out.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #510 on: November 25, 2010, 05:02:38 PM »
Sometimes you get couples that are competent Racers and who do not bicker or say things that drive people crazy.  Like Kris and Amanda. They ran into being U-Turned in their original season, and didn't really make any mistakes leading into it.  They just had the misfortune of being targeted by a blind U-Turn. 
They reminded people during their original season of TAR 6's Kris and Jon, who almost pulled off the win but for some bad advice in booking their final flight back to the U.S. Kris and Jon were strong Racers, never argued, and from all reports to this day, are well liked and generated fond memories from the fans.
That is why some of us liked the fact they were included in this new season and why we're sad that they were apparently the first ones out.

I agree, I am not with the crowd who hates all young couple teams now. A team can be good and/or nice people regardless of their makeup.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #511 on: November 25, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »
One possible location may be Taipei Taiwan. Around 1 month ago, the route from Haneda to Taipei Sung-shan started and currently Taipei is hosting the Flora Expo, which would make good scenery, especially since they're filming in HD. There are also many flight from Haneda and Narita airports to Taipei Sung Shan or Taoyuan International Airports.

TAR12 visited Taipei, where Chris/Ron had a considerable advantage.  Would they do the same thing?

The Haneda departure idea is simply speculation, but there is no information backing it.  Just pure speculation.

It could also be Kaohsiung, there are direct flights from Narita, not as many as Taipei, but then they'll lose Floral Expo.
But might be complicated to visit Taiwan this weekend, since there's election on Saturday.

I think a leg in India or China still more probable than another leg in Taiwan.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #512 on: November 25, 2010, 05:30:22 PM »

TAR12 visited Taipei, where Chris/Ron had a considerable advantage.  Would they do the same thing?

The Haneda departure idea is simply speculation, but there is no information backing it.  Just pure speculation.

It could also be Kaohsiung, there are direct flights from Narita, not as many as Taipei, but then they'll lose Floral Expo.
But might be complicated to visit Taiwan this weekend, since there's election on Saturday.

I think a leg in India or China still more probable than another leg in Taiwan.

Doubt China, it's been overused lately. I'm almost certain India will be back (when did the travel alert go down again?)
We could have both Taipei and Kaohsiung (just take the HSR like last time).

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #513 on: November 25, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
I have nothing against Kris and Amanda.They seemed like a nice couple but I had to think really hard to remember them. I haven't seen Kynt and Vyxsins season.Can anyone enlighten me as to why they're
so well liked?Same goes for Christina and Ronald actually.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #514 on: November 25, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
I have nothing against Kris and Amanda.They seemed like a nice couple but I had to think really hard to remember them. I haven't seen Kynt and Vyxsins season.Can anyone enlighten me as to why they're

I think one reason why the Goths (Kynt & Vyksin) are so well-liked is because they were really nice to each other and were good racers for the most part.  I liked Ron & Christina at first because they were Asian American and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, but later on I came to like them because their relationship improved and because they were underdogs to some degree.

Belle Book

Offline pipsy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #515 on: November 25, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
Does anyone know if the Cowboys are still in the race?

yes they are :hearts:

Most of the spoilers coming from people who were there state that Jet&Cord started this leg third,just after Zev&Justin and the Globetrotters.

Yay! :jumpy: Love those guys!

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #516 on: November 25, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
The couple could be either Gary/Mallory or Margie/Luke. It would be a huge change of development if it turns out to be Amanda/Kris.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #517 on: November 25, 2010, 06:22:03 PM »

I think one reason why the Goths (Kynt & Vyksin) are so well-liked is because they were really nice to each other and were good racers for the most part.  I liked Ron & Christina at first because they were Asian American and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, but later on I came to like them because their relationship improved and because they were underdogs to some degree.

Belle Book

Also Kynt & Vyxsin are kinda quirky and, at least aestethically, a unique team.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #518 on: November 25, 2010, 06:24:46 PM »
The couple could be either Gary/Mallory or Margie/Luke. It would be a huge change of development if it turns out to be Amanda/Kris.

Yeah, especially since signs are pointing in the direction of them having been philiminated already...

No offense to the very active and healthy Gary who did very well in TAR17, but would one look at Gary/Mallory and call them a couple?  (Ok, that's for the speculation thread!)

I am going to put in my vote for Margie/Luke.
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #519 on: November 25, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »
I think that the Australia TBC counts as 2 episodes, and that this race will still only be 12 episodes (it's going to be hard to squeeze a 13th in).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #520 on: November 25, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
Anyway, I am checking with him when he was there and where the exact temple/shrine he was at. He later on did say it was during the afternoon and was located near the center of the city, so I am going on a whim and say it was the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu (鶴岡八幡宮).

This is a nice walk away from the JR Kamakura Station, and quite a popular tourist spot.

I just got confirmation that it was indeed at the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine (see the Google street view link above) on Friday afternoon where he spotted Jet/Cord, Kisha/Jen, Kynt/Vyxsin, and what I am guessing as Amanda/Kris or Margie/Luke.  Checking what time he saw them.

For more information, check out the Wikipedia page on Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu.

:yess: UPDATE#2!

His sighting was around 1:30PM on 2010/11/25 FRI.

This looks like it is a pretty extensive complex, I wonder if it is the Pit Stop. I actually think the whole leg could have been around Kamakura, there are plenty of sights and it looks like a great city.

(the 25th is Thursday)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:54:54 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #521 on: November 25, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »

I think one reason why the Goths (Kynt & Vyksin) are so well-liked is because they were really nice to each other and were good racers for the most part.  I liked Ron & Christina at first because they were Asian American and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, but later on I came to like them because their relationship improved and because they were underdogs to some degree.

Belle Book

Don't believe everything you see.  :angel

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #522 on: November 25, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
Thank you to everyone who replied!Everyone is so respectful of others here and that's lovely to see!Ooh Coutzy do you have some inside knowledge?lol perhaps following them around
Sydney gave you a different outlook?;)

I think one reason why the Goths (Kynt & Vyksin) are so well-liked is because they were really nice to each other and were good racers for the most part.  I liked Ron & Christina at first because they were Asian American and I have a fondness for Asian Americans, but later on I came to like them because their relationship improved and because they were underdogs to some degree.

Belle Book

Don't believe everything you see.  :angel

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #523 on: November 25, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »
I think this is the right thread to discuss this, but, even though I saw them nice to each other, K/V bickered a fair amount too. Italy everyone?

Ok. Moving on to the race. :)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #524 on: November 25, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »

Yay! :jumpy: Love those guys!

So do I!!!They're my absolute favourites!On
a side note, I really hope Kesha and Jen learned
how
to swim o.O