Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627263 times)

Offline hufter

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #475 on: November 25, 2010, 05:51:36 AM »
Hi all! I decided to stop lurking and registered. I think I've developed a serious TAR obsession.

So, were that all of the teams spotted in Narita on CX524? Were anyone on QF21? Some have said teams were going to it, but have they been seen come out or actually going into the plane?
It is very possible that they couldn't get seats for QF21, Qantas has a shortage of capacity now that their A380's are grounded.  

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #476 on: November 25, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »
man, they're racing in Japan and they're already in Asia.  I wish they could go to my country again in the Philippines since they'd visited here on season 5 and forget about the tragic event on the Manila bus hostage incident last Aug. 23. :tup:

OMG! You're pinoy too! Me too!

I hope they go to Baguio
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #477 on: November 25, 2010, 05:59:01 AM »
Hi all! I decided to stop lurking and registered. I think I've developed a serious TAR obsession.

So, were that all of the teams spotted in Narita on CX524? Were anyone on QF21? Some have said teams were going to it, but have they been seen come out or actually going into the plane?
It is very possible that they couldn't get seats for QF21, Qantas has a shortage of capacity now that their A380's are grounded. 

For the information we have now, 5 teams took CX524 via HK, 5 teams took QF 21.

Flight 1 (via Hong Kong)
Arrived 7:32am
Margie/Luke
Jamie/Cara
Zev/ Justin
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike

Flight 2 (Direct Flight QF21)
Arrived 6:13am
Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

(Information off http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg576798.html#msg576798)
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #478 on: November 25, 2010, 06:21:09 AM »

Flight 1 (via Hong Kong)
Margie/Luke
Jamie/Cara
Zev/ Justin
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike

Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

(Information off http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg576798.html#msg576798)

Amanda/Kris is eliminated?
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #479 on: November 25, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »

Flight 1 (via Hong Kong)
Margie/Luke
Jamie/Cara
Zev/ Justin
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike

Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

Well since Amanda and Kris are is the only team that has not been seen since leaving Sydney, it is most likely. However, remember it's speculation ;)

Offline hufter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #480 on: November 25, 2010, 06:59:25 AM »

Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

Yeah, but no sightings of these teams in Japan.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2010, 08:42:12 AM »

Flight 1 (via Hong Kong)
Margie/Luke
Jamie/Cara
Zev/ Justin
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike

Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

Well since Amanda and Kris are is the only team that has not been seen since leaving Sydney, it is most likely. However, remember it's speculation ;)

I don't know if there is any information that supports this, but when I was searching on the 24th (us time) for flights from Sydney to Narita, I did see another possible flight SQ538 Singapore --> Narita that would arrive at Narita at 7:30AM in T-1.  Could it be that Amanda(r)/Kris were on that flight?  Again, speculation.
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »

Gary/Mallory
Flight Time/Big Easy
Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Ron/Christina

Yeah, but no sightings of these teams in Japan.

Assuming they had the usual 12hour pitstop in Japan, the teams are probably headed at the pit start of the next leg (or about to) pretty soon. It's 11:43pm in Japan right now, and public trains will stop service shortly after midnight, so they'll have to be going around by car if they are indeed going out at this time.

「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2010, 08:50:33 AM »
But yes, it's the morning now and hopefully we have a a few lucky fans (any nationality, just has to be in Japan) to spot them in action and share with us the good news. I'm praying hard.

Hey folks,
I run the TAR fan community on mixi.jp, Japan's largest social networking site (soon to lose it title to Twitter). We've been mirroring the LIVE SIGHTINGS thread from RFF over on mixi, and once I posted a note about the SYD-NRT air transit, one of our members decided to go to Narita early in the morning on 11/25 FRI (Japan time) and check it out!  He spotted 4 teams coming off of CX524 at Narita Terminal 2 - go read all about it in the LIVE SIGHTINGS thread!

We have not had any live sightings beyond that though.  However, I would imagine the next leg will be starting soon?
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
But yes, it's the morning now and hopefully we have a a few lucky fans (any nationality, just has to be in Japan) to spot them in action and share with us the good news. I'm praying hard.

Hey folks,
I run the TAR fan community on mixi.jp, Japan's largest social networking site (soon to lose it title to Twitter). We've been mirroring the LIVE SIGHTINGS thread from RFF over on mixi, and once I posted a note about the SYD-NRT air transit, one of our members decided to go to Narita early in the morning on 11/25 FRI (Japan time) and check it out!  He spotted 4 teams coming off of CX524 at Narita Terminal 2 - go read all about it in the LIVE SIGHTINGS thread!

We have not had any live sightings beyond that though.  However, I would imagine the next leg will be starting soon?

I wouldn't think it is starting quite yet. Teams were on the ground by 7am so a 8-10 hr leg would have them in the PS by late afternoon. It is midnight in Tokyo so I would expect them to be released in about 3-5 hours.

Get some guys to the airport though, because they are likely to leave that way and we need to know where they are going. Thanks for the footwork!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »

Hey folks,

We can't wait to see! Thank YOU so much for hellping to arrange all this, what a wonderful response!

Pitstops have become flexible depending on the producers' needs/whims...they have ranged from 8 to 36+ hours, so it is impossible to judge anymore. I would like to document a Pitstop for this leg though, or I will be starting to wonder if no rststops is the new twist!

So I am not sure we can safely guess when they might be setting off.

Again, thanks so much to you and all your team, we look forward to meeting more of y'all!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »

Hey folks,

We can't wait to see! Thank YOU so much for hellping to arrange all this, what a wonderful response!

Pitstops have become flexible depending on the producers' needs/whims...they have ranged from 8 to 36+ hours, so it is impossible to judge anymore. I would like to document a Pitstop for this leg though, or I will be starting to wonder if no rststops is the new twist!

Again, thanks so much to you and all your team, we look forward to meeting more of y'all!

Surely the teams will receive a longer rest this time around since they have yet to have a good one.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
maybe that's the twist to make this a tougher season-hardly any rest.

Hey folks,

Surely the teams will receive a longer rest this time around since they have yet to have a good one.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »

Hey folks,

If there was ever a time to introduce a no reststops twist, now would be the time. All these teams have been through the race before and their bodies are more prepared for little rest as opposed to a new cast. It would explain having a greeter and sign at Cabbage Tree Bay.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »

Hey folks,

Thanks! Hats off to Kuni who went ALL THE WAY to Narita before going to work on Friday!  He probably took a good 3 hours out of his daily schedule just for us!

And we over at mixi are having as much fun as you guys are!  I don't know if anyone else would be able to make to Narita again, but one of our members pointed out that the Haneda airport has recently beefed up its international service, so if the teams are headed to other parts of Asia, that may be the preferred port of departure. Haneda was the Tokyo International Airport before Narita opened in May 1981(?), and is much more convenient if you have to get from Tokyo to any of the East Asian or Southeast Asian destinations. 

The Narita sighting by Kuni was great because you guys provided lots of lead information, and there's plenty of time to react once you find out about a 16 hour flight. But now, since we don't have any leads at this point, it's all just "up in the air" (no pun intended).   

「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:56 AM »
Thanks! Hats off to Kuni who went ALL THE WAY to Narita before going to work on Friday!  He probably took a good 3 hours out of his daily schedule just for us!

And we over at mixi are having as much fun as you guys are!  I don't know if anyone else would be able to make to Narita again, but one of our members pointed out that the Haneda airport has recently beefed up its international service, so if the teams are headed to other parts of Asia, that may be the preferred port of departure. Haneda was the Tokyo International Airport before Narita opened in May 1981(?), and is much more convenient if you have to get from Tokyo to any of the East Asian or Southeast Asian destinations.

The Narita sighting by Kuni was great because you guys provided lots of lead information, and there's plenty of time to react once you find out about a 16 hour flight. But now, since we don't have any leads at this point, it's all just "up in the air" (no pun intended).   

That's a great tip about Haneda, we can look into that.

Thanks a lot to you guys for doing all this work!  :tup: We'll just keep hoping you can get a sighting.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »

That's a great tip about Haneda, we can look into that.

Thanks a lot to you guys for doing all this work!  :tup: We'll just keep hoping you can get a sighting.

One possible location may be Taipei Taiwan. Around 1 month ago, the route from Haneda to Taipei Sung-shan started and currently Taipei is hosting the Flora Expo, which would make good scenery, especially since they're filming in HD. There are also many flight from Haneda and Narita airports to Taipei Sung Shan or Taoyuan International Airports.

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
 :duno:

has anyone thought about the possibility of A and K getting an express pass and perhaps they were on the other flight solo?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »

One possible location may be Taipei Taiwan. Around 1 month ago, the route from Haneda to Taipei Sung-shan started and currently Taipei is hosting the Flora Expo, which would make good scenery, especially since they're filming in HD. There are also many flight from Haneda and Narita airports to Taipei Sung Shan or Taoyuan International Airports.

But they make Taiwan leg after Japan leg in S12,I don't think they will do same route(but they do same route India-Thailand-China in S14 as S1,so every thing can happen)...I think  they will fly to China,and may have a leg in Hangzhou,Nanjing or Chengdu(panda :hearts:)...since China is nightmare of all remaining S14 teams(except Mel and Mike),production may want visit again to bring drama.

BTW,all Chinese fans are waiting!!! :lol:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:29:22 AM by weihen »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2010, 11:37:15 AM »

has anyone thought about the possibility of A and K getting an express pass and perhaps they were on the other flight solo?
I don't think that's how it works
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #495 on: November 25, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

TAR12 visited Taipei, where Chris/Ron had a considerable advantage.  Would they do the same thing?

The Haneda departure idea is simply speculation, but there is no information backing it.  Just pure speculation.
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »

TAR12 visited Taipei, where Chris/Ron had a considerable advantage.  Would they do the same thing?

The Haneda departure idea is simply speculation, but there is no information backing it.  Just pure speculation.

Yea but isn't this the Speculation Thread. Taiwan could also create the same drama as China especially if you visit the rural parts of Taiwan.

As for the advantage, what about FT/BE advantage of visiting Tokyo before? It can be considered as an advantage.

DavidJunior

« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
what about Vladivostok, Russia?

i mean, they're right there, and they LOVE to use Russia...

and they could hop onto a train to Harbin, China- another country they love to use...

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #498 on: November 25, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

I don't think that's how it works

I understand that - but they will be doing a lot of things we cannot speculate this season. Just a thought ... A hopeful one !

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #499 on: November 25, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
Fantastic work everyone.   :jumpy:  I am so excited by this season, and hugely excited that A/K might have been eliminated first. I would have pegged the only young athletic dating couple to have won this race (again). So I love that we have all the other mixes of teams left.

Question, I have read through most of the information. Is the consensus that the first pitstop was a 'rolling pitstop' but with an elimination?
And I am assuming that rolling pitstop means a to be continued. I think that no-rest pitstops for the entire race is a fantastic idea for returning teams. They will have time to rest and sleep on flights and in airports. Will make for some grumpy teams though!

Or was there believed to be one TBC pitstop and then a normal pitstop with an elimination?