Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 627522 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:57 AM »
If we're going to the Outback, I suggest everyone take a break for tonight and come back same time tomorrow!

Flights leaving right now will not make it in by sunset, and Phil does need some time to film his new stand-ups!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »
saintpita believes teams are still there atm...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2010, 01:21:27 AM »
saintpita believes teams are still there atm...

He was also the one who said they were going to the Outback after "sail to stop" so I don't know.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »
Kevin and Michael couldn't be on the race...could they?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2010, 01:46:18 AM »
Sounds like a clue to head to the bridge, then to Town Hall Square (where "To Sail To Stop" is), where they pick up a flight time (there's a pun in there somewhere) for the next day...

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2010, 01:47:42 AM »
With Jet and Cord still last...

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2010, 01:56:21 AM »
Sounds like a clue to head to the bridge, then to Town Hall Square (where "To Sail To Stop" is), where they pick up a flight time (there's a pun in there somewhere) for the next day...

Heres hoping that Kynt and Vyxin push ahead :D

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2010, 02:29:22 AM »
Can we have a Pit Stop already ?   :(

Time to sleep.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #258 on: November 22, 2010, 02:30:03 AM »
Oh, gosh. Are you following them?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #259 on: November 22, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »
The question is, why are teams camping out at the Town Hall?

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #260 on: November 22, 2010, 02:34:04 AM »
Is it open? Or could they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can go do their next task?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: November 22, 2010, 02:36:10 AM »
In the video with Gary/mallory and Ron/Chris, Mallory can be seen holding a large rectangular thing. I think Chris may have the same thing too. Anyone got any idea what it could be?

Offline rodcub

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2010, 03:17:21 AM »
So the racers are in Sydney right now.

I have it on pretty good authority that some crew from Seven and an American network were in Melbourne last week, seemingly measuring timings for getting from Southern Cross Station to Southbank.

Southern Cross Station would be the logical point of arrival for any person who is coming in from Tullamarine Airport, Melbourne.  The Skybus service terminates at Southern Cross Station.

The big things over near Southbank side are Crown, Eureka Skydeck and the Arts Centre.

If the racers are in Sydney tonight and getting accommodations (as one of my friends has told me), it could be an early morning leg to Melbourne for racing tomorrow.

Maybe we will see the red and yellow flags out tomorrow around Melbourne?  This is a reasonable assumption given that Melbourne (Australia's second biggest city) has not yet featured on any of the 17 seasons of the show.

If I were a betting man, I think I'd be on some very good money tomorrow.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2010, 04:32:23 AM »
Seeing as Jet and Cord haven't turned up at Town Hall, do you think they could have been eliminated at the midway point?

Offline Snowy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »
Seeing as Jet and Cord haven't turned up at Town Hall, do you think they could have been eliminated at the midway point?

A friend just had a chat to Jet and Cord at Town Hall about 10 minutes ago; said the country was beautiful. I was at the midway point earlier today and saw them arrive, take the clue off Phil and run off again, so they're definitely still in the race!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:42:35 AM by Snowy »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2010, 06:17:41 AM »

A friend just had a chat to Jet and Cord at Town Hall about 10 minutes ago; said the country was beautiful. I was at the midway point earlier today and saw them arrive, take the clue off Phil and run off again, so they're definitely still in the race!

Fantastic! :jumpy:

On another note, the circular metal thing on the ledge next to Kris (and waterbottles) - could that possibly be the clue teams had at one stage? Teams were reportedly seen with a metallic spherical object right?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2010, 06:30:13 AM »
I'm sorry for bringing this to the table, but what if?

The intended Leg 1 of the race has a true pitstop at Shelley Beach. However, due to certain circumstances (perhaps flight mishap), the race minds have decided to merge Leg 2 with Leg 1 and put a TBC Faux Mat in the middle (Fake pitstops usually don't have a greeter and a signboard on it, but this leg has one). Leg 2 is actually the remaining locations in Sydney that will eventually lead them to a flight sign-up or something to the Outback.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »
Is there going to be a midway point on each leg? I thought they usually have the connected legs at the end, or whatever. Someone mind explaining? I'm confused...

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »

The intended Leg 1 of the race has a true pitstop at Shelley Beach. However, due to certain circumstances (perhaps flight mishap), the race minds have decided to merge Leg 2 with Leg 1 and put a TBC Faux Mat in the middle (Fake pitstops usually don't have a greeter and a signboard on it, but this leg has one). Leg 2 is actually the remaining locations in Sydney that will eventually lead them to a flight sign-up or something to the Outback.

It is possible but doubtful. The delayed flight QF12 was only late for about 2-3 hours, which wouldn't have made a major difference to planning. Also, the Shark Tank from the Manly Oceanworld was fully booked today, meaning that WRP planned for the racers to arrive and do the tasks today.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »

It is possible but doubtful. The delayed flight QF12 was only late for about 2-3 hours, which wouldn't have made a major difference to planning. Also, the Shark Tank from the Manly Oceanworld was fully booked today, meaning that WRP planned for the racers to arrive and do the tasks today.

i think its a pitstop - at least leg 1 is, they just made it a pitstop with zero rest hours and a non elimination because of the flights for leg 2. in that way they could show 2 legs in a 2 hour premiere episode.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »

... or saving a favo team? I hope not. :groan: :lol: (Don't hail me, people! :lol:)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »

If I were a betting man, I think I'd be on some very good money tomorrow.

Dont bet.....you will lose......they are going to Broken Hill on charter flights
Matthew 7:15

calibound234

« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
Well according to the woman on the plane,

Kisha and Jen,Gary and Mallory,Amanda and Kris were all on the later flight that was originally intended to arrive in Sydney AFTER the other 8 teams.. but due to the plane having to land in Honolulu. The team with 8 teams ended up falling behind the other one.

I know that's something that the production team doesn't really have control over, but maybe they didn't think it was fair to eliminate someone that may have been able to stay in. Especially in the 1st episode of an "AllStar" season

Although I'm sure Jet and Cord would have been eliminated either way.. They were SO far behind.. I wonder what happened

Would it be possible that eliminated teams continue to run in the race as decoys?

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2010, 07:33:47 AM »
That is a possibility, but I don't think they will do it for so long, as they still have to do elimination station.

calibound234

« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
In that picture that was posted, I almost made a mistake of thinking Amanda and Kris were Jeff and Jordan! haha