Author Topic: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**  (Read 217486 times)

jiajia12

Re: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
U :cmas31:I posted back a while back..

Anyway I think they went to Delhi because it was on my game
and Sydney and Miami aswell

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2010, 02:24:11 AM »
I had been wondering why there doesn't seem to be any new countries yet for season 18 and after seeing the preview, with such an emphasis on "unfinished business", it's possible they're having the teams return to "the scene of the crime", go back to the countries where they stumbled in the first place.

Kynt and Vyxsin = India
Jaime and Cara, Kisha and Jen = China

However with this theory they should've returned to Cambodia for Zev and Justin, but I'm just thinking out loud anyway.

The theory also breaks when the legs before end city are set in Brazil, only recent season to feature Brazil prominently was TAR13, and there are no TAR13 cast members in this.

Still trying to figure out where would they have headed in Sao Paulo in Leg 11 (according to timeline) was set here. Doubt they'd repeat the helicopter thing from TAR9. Traffic been chaotic, both on Sat and Sun, which is when I assume the leg was filmed.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »
I just wondered if it was raining on Sunday night in SP.....trying to figure out why all the flights were delayed so much. I know Guarulhos seems to really slow down when it rains....I have been caught in it a couple of times.

I was sort of hoping that they would go to BH for the second leg.....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:49:29 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2010, 04:12:59 AM »
I can confirm huge rain around 11pm (Sun) till around 2am (Mon) in Sao Paulo, which is later than the departure time from the flight we think the teams boarded.

However, I think the flight delay might be more about how crowded GRU have been especially around this time of the year, rather than a weather issue.

At least Sao Paulo is used to these rainstorms, BH been hit the last few weeks with some big rainstorms, and the city is not as well adapted for them.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »
The Miami-Dade County film permit isn't all that helpful, but it does give us Marine Stadium Marina.

Funny, I think we tossed around Virginia Key the last time TAR was in Miami.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: December 14, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
The Miami-Dade County film permit isn't all that helpful, but it does give us Marine Stadium Marina.

Heh, King Crimson88 and I (and Survivor Sucks) found that link independently last week. It was old news to Peach though. She has ways of finding things out that I can't begin to comprehend.  :puter:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »

Heh, King Crimson88 and I (and Survivor Sucks) found that link independently last week. It was old news to Peach though. She has ways of finding things out that I can't begin to comprehend.  :puter:

Her mysterious ways may have something to do with Slowhatch who found it several weeks ago.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »

Heh, King Crimson88 and I (and Survivor Sucks) found that link independently last week. It was old news to Peach though. She has ways of finding things out that I can't begin to comprehend.  :puter:

Her mysterious ways may have something to do with Slowhatch who found it several weeks ago.

I'm out of the loop apparently.  :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »

That film permit had been online for a while before I found it. I didn't look for it until the rumors started pointing towards Miami as the final destination. I'm not surprised that one of the more proactive detectives found it well before me.

Other situations still leave me mystified as to how Peach (or the other detectives) find things out. They are amazing.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »

My recollection is that the Final 3 in AR7 went first to the Rickenbacker Causeway to find the first cluebox in the Miami area. This was the one that sent them to Little Havana section of Miami to find The King of the Havanas. Rob/Amber lost the race by not being able to get its Spanish equivalent quickly like Uchenna/Joyce did.

woden has mentioned on another thread I believe that Jimbo's on Virginia Key is a likely spot to be part of the  AR18 finale. That's looking like a good bet to me.

From my first major research work for RFF for the starting line of AR11, I researched every key between Miami Beach and the mainland as well as Virginia Key and Key Biscayne. Virginia Key is maybe 2 miles by water from the south end of Miami Beach and just north of Key Biscayne.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
So one one gets confused.

The Rickenbacker Causeway is the only vehicular route to get to Virgina Key and Key Biscayne.  That was true when I was growing up in Miami, and its still true.

The cluebox in TAR 7 appears to have been along a narrow stretch of public beach along the southwest side once vehicles are over the bridge on Virginia Key. (IIRC).

If one continues down that road, you will pass the Marine Stadium and its marina on the northeast side of the road, then the Seaquarium on the other side, and then reach the campus of the University of Miami School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences. Then another bridge onto Key Biscayne. Then there's a county park that covers the northern third of Key Biscayne, the settlement of Key Biscayne itself, then a state park that includes the southern thirs of Key Biscayne. There is a very picturesque historic lighthouse at the southern tip of Key Biscayne that would look great in HD.

The Marine Stadium and marina is oriented NW-SE lengthwise, but an appropriately placed camera position facing northwest would capture the "Brickell Avenue area and downtown Miami, both of which are skyscrapered.

In other words, if the reason for heading there was to show off the HD camera work, WRP has a lot to work with there. The only drawback would be the Marine Stadium itself, which, while it is secluded from wandering eyes from the roadway, it hasn't been used for marine events or concerts since Hurricane Andrew severely damaged that venue in 1992. So I'm not exactly sure what it could have been used for.

There are other islands in Biscayne Bay with interesting places that I could see being used, such as the manmade Fisher Island, full of condos highrises, and another island I can't remember the name of at the moment that was used as a base for the Goodyear Blimp. (I haven't checked but it may still be used in that way).

And of course the Port of Miami (itself a manmade island and not part of the mainland, and is used for both freight and passenger vessels.)  As far as Miami goes there's a lot there that wasn't used for TAR 3, TAR 7, or TAR 11. So i will be interested to see what did get used this time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Yes and thanks!

Salzburg is a definite leg...will qualify the dates for now as sometime after the 5th. Waiting for hopeful confirmation.

Not sure if this in addition to a Swiss leg, or INSTEAD of?? ???

That's the problem I was having too. Kisha and Jen were definitely on the train to the Zurich area. However they were not racing or filming and no other teams were seen in that area. Teams were definitely in Vienna on the 6th and in South America from approximately the 10th to the 12th. We have some filling in to do.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
  As far as Miami goes there's a lot there that wasn't used for TAR 3, TAR 7, or TAR 11. So i will be interested to see what did get used this time.

My best friend lived in Cutler Ridge in the 80s...a couple of miles from the Deering Estate. One time when I went to visit, he took me there to see it. When TAR11 started.....my first thought was......"Hey, I have been there!!!"

In looking at the wesite for the Deering Estate, the cost for a day of commerical filming is $2000. The finish line of TAR7, the Bonnett House in Ft Lauderdale is the same at $2k a day. I have wondered why TAR never used the other Deering brother's estate, Viscaya, in thier filming. I checked that website and it is listed at $25,000 a day. I dont know if that is true or a misprint on the site......but if true.......that explains why TAR has never used it......it would sure make a great finish line.

Matthew 7:15

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »
How many double legs???Australia(ultimately  it's a double leg) ,China,India,Austria,Brazil.... are you sure???
In  the other seasons there were a maximum of three double legs...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »
Yes and thanks!

Salzburg is a definite leg...will qualify the dates for now as sometime after the 5th. Waiting for hopeful confirmation.

That's the problem I was having too. Kisha and Jen were definitely on the train to the Zurich area. However they were not racing or filming and no other teams were seen in that area. Teams were definitely in Vienna on the 6th and in South America from approximately the 10th to the 12th. We have some filling in to do.

sorry guys...Salzburg is not a leg after all.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:07 PM »
Yes and thanks!

sorry guys...Salzburg is not a leg after all.
Too bad, after raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Salzburg is one of my favourite things.  :cmas23
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
The cameraguys were not filming but the cameras were out not covered by anything. Furthermore they carried the cameras using some kind of belt/rods contraption that looks like it allows the cameraman to run and film at the same time.

Them being on a Chur-Zurich train and them beeing seen in Austria yesterday points to a stopover in the Lichtenstein region.
I really wonder what tonights pit stop will be.

This info is correct. LIECHTENSTEIN (and onwards to Switzerland?)  is leg 9, following Vienna. .
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2010, 03:13:28 PM »
The cameraguys were not filming but the cameras were out not covered by anything. Furthermore they carried the cameras using some kind of belt/rods contraption that looks like it allows the cameraman to run and film at the same time.

Them being on a Chur-Zurich train and them beeing seen in Austria yesterday points to a stopover in the Lichtenstein region.

This info is correct. LIECHTENSTEIN (and onwards to Switzerland?)  is leg 9, following Vienna. .

We have an actual leg in Liechtenstein?

And I think that it would be after Switzerland. K/J were there on the 7th and FT/BE were in Vienna on the 6th.

I think this is the correct order:

1 Australia
2 Japan
3 China
4 China
5 India
6 India
7 Austria
8 Switzerland
9  Liechtenstein
10  ? ? ?
11 Brazil
12 Miami
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:18:24 PM by The Prophet »

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

where that

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »

where that

a 62 square kilometre country between switzerland austria and germany. Known for its skiing and jewllery. Really small country

it good country that might me look up

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2010, 03:21:54 PM »

And I think that it would be after Switzerland. K/J were there on the 7th and FT/BE were in Vienna on the 6th.

I think this is the correct order:

1 Australia
2 Japan
3 China
4 China
5 India
6 India
7 Austria
8 Switzerland
9  Liechtenstein
10  ? ? ?
11 Brazil
12 Miami

No.

As I stated, Leg 9 follows our Vienna leg 8.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
I think what Peach is trying to say is the leg was

Austria-Liechtenstein-Switzerland. Hard to imagine them doing an entire leg in a country that small.

And that a country is missing between India and Austria. Middle East anyone?

i smelll a tbc

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2010, 03:37:14 PM »
I think what Peach is trying to say is the leg was

Austria-Liechtenstein-Switzerland. Hard to imagine them doing an entire leg in a country that small.

And that a country is missing between India and Austria. Middle East anyone?

No country is missing between our two India legs and Austria.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
... oh as I was posting I see Peach indicates there is no leg between India and Austria.
Hmm, I am not a fan of doing Europe tasks near the end of the race. For me I would much rather see the challenges of Asia or Africa, but they are throwing in SAmerica for near the end.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »
So I'm still confused as to why Kisha and Jen were in Switzerland at 2pm on the 7th but I guess it will all come out in the end.