Author Topic: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**  (Read 217435 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »
Given that we are missing a continent...I would be looking hard at SA right about now. :angel

You mean South America or South Africa? I guess either continent would be possible. Have they ever finished with SoAmerica near the end of a race? My recollection is always visited at the beginning of the race.

South America i believe. The Amazing Race 7.. and a few more i think. So it's not entire impossible. Isn't it always boring to end in Asia? :cmaslol

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2010, 11:12:08 PM »
Maybe because it's a type of "all stars" race they are only visiting repeat countries, but I suspect that we may be looking at a new country in South America.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »

Thanks Neobie........

Given that we are missing a continent...I would be looking hard at SA right about now. :angel

Well in this repeat season.....that leaves, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Ecuador.......
Matthew 7:15

Offline redskevin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2010, 11:21:12 PM »
Oops, NVM, sorry Peach.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »

Thanks Neobie........

Well in this repeat season.....that leaves, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Ecuador.......

Edited to add Boliva and Uruguay. TAR hasn't been to any other countries in SA.....Given their use of land travel and short distances between legs......I would guess two legs in Uruguay and Argentina...It is a short ferry ride from Buenos Aires to Montevideo or vice versa.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:26:27 PM by DrRox »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
It just doesn't make sense to go deep into South America, but any of the following countries could be theoretically possible:

(French) Guyana
Suriname

From there, maybe a Caribbean destination to get that 8th country.

I'm still inclined to think Africa, though.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2010, 02:44:16 AM »
Just cleanng up the orginal version after comments from Neobie.......

1 - Sydney, Australia
2 - Broken Hill, Australia
3 - Yokohama, Japan
4 - Lijiang, China
5 - Kunming, China
6 - Kolkata, India
7 - India II, probably either Goa/Thiruvanathapuram/Varanasi
8 - Vienna, Austria
9 - Chur, Switzerland
10 - possible South America
11 - possible South America
12 - End City, USA

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:52:11 AM by DrRox »

Offline sofiaj.10

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2010, 08:42:23 AM »
hi! I AM ANOTHER NEW MEMBER  :cmas16

i am from central america (panama) so i hope they come and visit here!!! they were here once for the family edition but aT the time i was not a fan of the show

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
hi! I AM ANOTHER NEW MEMBER  :cmas16

i am from central america (panama) so i hope they come and visit here!!! they were here once for the family edition but aT the time i was not a fan of the show

Welcome to RFF!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »

1 - Sydney, Australia
3 - Yokohama, Japan
4 - Lijiang, China
5 - Kunming, China
6 - Kolkata, India
8 - Vienna, Austria
9 - Chur, Switzerland
12 - End City, USA

It would be interesting to see them go to South America before returning to America.

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »

1 - Sydney, Australia
3 - Yokohama, Japan
4 - Lijiang, China
5 - Kunming, China
6 - Kolkata, India
8 - Vienna, Austria
9 - Chur, Switzerland
12 - End City, USA

It would be interesting to see them go to South America before returning to America.

I wonder if they would consider Africa for the 10th leg and then South America for the 11th leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
Probably not to save costs. And what is stopping them from staying in Europe for the remainder of the race?

When they go westward, they usually do stay in Europe before returning to the States. We're merely hoping that they won't this time.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
There are non stop flights from many European cites (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, Amsterdam, Rome, Madrid and Lisbon) to the countries in South America that TAR has visited before. For the most part, these flights are red-eye overnight flights, but there are a few daytime flights.

Destination cities in Brasil are Fortaleza, Receife, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Sao Paulo. Other cities in South America with direct non stop flights are Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago, Lima, Guyaquil, and Quito.

With the exception of the first 3 cities listed for Brasil, all the other cities listed have direct, non stop, overnight, red-eye flights back into the US. Most of the flights arrive around sunup, +/- 2 hours.

USA End City possiblities are Dallas, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, DC Dulles, NYC JFK and Newark. There might be a couple more, but I just got tired of looking.

Edited to add Newark.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:16:54 PM by DrRox »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »
There are non stop flights from many European cites (London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, Amsterdam, Rome, Madrid and Lisbon) to the countries in South America that TAR has visited before. For the most part, these flights are red-eye overnight flights, but there are a few daytime flights.

Destination cities in Brasil are Fortaleza, Receife, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Rio, Sao Paulo. Other cities in South America with direct non stop flights are Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago, Lima, Guyaquil, and Quito.

With the exception of the first 3 cities listed for Brasil, all the other cities listed have direct, non stop, overnight, red-eye flights back into the US. Most of the flights arrive around sunup, +/- 2 hours.

USA End City possiblities are Dallas, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, DC Dulles, NYC JFK. There might be a couple more, but I just got tired of looking.

i got nc 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

USA End City possiblities are Dallas, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, DC Dulles, NYC JFK. There might be a couple more, but I just got tired of looking.

Thanks for looking anyway, Doc! At least we now know that Europe>South America is a possibility.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

I wonder if they would consider Africa for the 10th leg and then South America for the 11th leg.

There is a direct flight from Johannesburg to Buenos Aires and a direct flgiht from Capetown to Buenos Aires.......it would have been nice to see them use one of them.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »
Posts by Dr. Rox suggest that the most recent leg is Chur, Switzerland. Irrespective of the accuracy of that, there are frequent flights (at least every 2 hours) from Vienna to Zurich that take about 1.5 hours. The Swissrail IC train from Zurich Flughafen to Zurich Hbf takes 12 minutes and runs at least twice every reasonable hour and the IC train from Zurich HBF to Chur runs about every hour and takes 1.5 hours. That gives a total trip time of advance for airport checkin (maybe 1.5 hours), 1.5 hours in flight, an average of 0.5 hours including schedule delay to Zurich Hbf and 1.5 hours plus schedule delays from Zurich Hbf to Chur. That totals a minimum of about 5 hours.By itself, that doesn't help us much until we know more about what the pit stop release time in Vienna was and what the tasks in Chur were.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
Probably to save costs. And what is stopping them from staying in Europe for the remainder of the race?

And because Mac told us there are 5 continents and we only have 4??

And because I said so??   :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »

USA End City possiblities are Dallas, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, DC Dulles, NYC JFK and Newark. There might be a couple more, but I just got tired of looking.

Edited to add Newark.

Well take Rio off the possible list and move to confirmed list......according to Peach.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »

Edited to add Newark.

Well take Rio off the possible list and move to confirmed list......according to Peach.
Unless she's saying the race is over which it isn't. Which seems more applicable since she said today.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:21:26 AM by Snooky »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2010, 09:21:43 AM »

Edited to add Newark.

Unless she's saying the race is over which it isn't.

How do you even suggest that Peach is saying the race is over????? She said they are racing in Rio today.......

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Edited to add Newark.

Unless she's saying the race is over which it isn't.

How do you even suggest that Peach is saying the race is over????? She said they are racing in Rio today.......
Who knows, it could have two meanings purposely, but re-look at the post..

You are going to have to take this on faith, but

RIO! today!
She never says they are racing in Rio.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
omg. Okay, just to be clear....

I have reason to believe the race may be in Rio de Janeirio today.

good grief.  :cmas18
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
omg. Okay, just to be clear....

I have reason to believe the race may be in Rio de Janeirio today.

good grief.  :cmas18
:funny:

DavidJunior

« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »
since there is a good 3-4 day gap between the finish of the leg in Switzerland and them arriving in Rio today, there certainly has to be another Euro leg somewhere

the question is where in Europe would they go?

the most likely i think are:
second leg in Switzerland
Northern Italy (Torino, Milano)
Western Germany (Mannheim, Frankfurt, Stuttgart)
and France (really anywhere in there, but maybe Lyon?)

there's also a slight possibility of them hopping on a flight and heading to the British Isles, Iberia, Benelux, or even Scandanavia