Author Topic: TAR 18: Ep 2 "I Never Looked So Foolish in My Whole Entire Life" (Outback)  (Read 95104 times)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Peach....I agree 100% on the planned NEL/TBC in Sydney for the Australia part of the race. I think it was planned to be either a 2 hour premier or as we saw it......two one hour episodes a week apart, depending on how CBS wanted to do it. I think they decided it would be more suspenseful to split it between Kent/Vyxen and the Cowboys, than between Gary/Mallory and Amanda/Kris as it was most likely planned, as it had been in past TBCs.

When they decided to do that, then production had to put more stuff in the first episode than they orginally planned and somehow add stuff to the second episode than orginally planned. I think that Bertram was quick to see that on the day of filming and got extra stuff of the Cowboys wandering around to make up the difference. Once they got in the studio, they could do it both ways and see which was best to televise.

Other than calling the midway point a "Pit Stop" this time, it pretty much followed the format of a lot of other TAR premiers....ie......fly someplace, do several route tasks (in this case one of them was a RB), go to someplace and either take a number or sign up for flights the next day.

I also agree about Amanda and Kris. Had they not taken so much time to get to Town Hall, they would have or should have been on the first charter and undoubtably would have been safe. Since we saw no clue to go to the Maritime Museum, it looks like several teams got advice to go there to find out where the "To Sail to Stop" was located.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think you're on to something. After shots of them walking the harbor and the Opera House, we see them downtown. First in one direction next to The Galeries Victoria, then in the same spot but the opposite direction. Then the sequence is repeated for the Woolworths across the street. All of this is right next to Town Hall (viewpoint). Then they walk over to Woolworths to catch a cab, except that they're in the boonies now and it's foggy; presumably, this is their early morning cab from the hostel. Then they are seen getting out of the cab at the very same spot they (supposedly) got in--Woolworths.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:52:32 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

The Cowboys are pretty laconic normally, but I never sensed in them a sense of urgency after they left the flag puzzle. Even in the Schychells, when they knew they were last, they hustled. It might have been just the editing, but I believe they were told it was going to be a signup for flight in the AM and all the other teams were already checked in. I believe that production made them walk around till it got dark to make it look a lot later than it was when they checked in. Doing this would not have changed the outcome at all and would add to the suspense of a very popular team.

I think what happened was they got really lost, didn't the same thing happen to Gary/Mallory and Amanda/Kris

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Notice any similarities? The Rs, the As, the ampersand (that's not the right term: what are those things? ???  :lol:): I found similar handwriting with the first teams as well.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Here is the shot of the one taken on location at the time:
You are too good Slowhatch! Recopied for sure...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here is the shot of the one taken on location at the time:
You are too good Slowhatch! Recopied for sure...

The photo also has a watermark that says "One Line Per Team".