Author Topic: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**  (Read 216851 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
coming soon
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »
Well, due to the race starting late today, LAX International Flights at this stage could be the following - depending on when the teams departed:

London, 7:05
Zurich, 7:20
Singapore, 8:00
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »
7-8 pm departures from LAX........London, Moscow, Singapore, Vancouver, zurich and glascow

8-9 pm departures from LAX........ London, Sydney and Vancouver

9-10 pm departures from LAX.....Auckland, London,, Calgary, Bangkok, Paris, Tahiti, Toronto, Fiji....didnt see it the first time

10-11 pm departures from LAX..... Auckland, Toronto, Tahiti, Sydney, HongKong, Taiwan, Seoul, Toronto
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:57:57 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:57 PM »
Well, due to the race starting late today, LAX International Flights at this stage could be the following - depending on when the teams departed:

London, 7:05
Zurich, 7:20
Singapore, 8:00

I doubt there'll be a direct flight. There should be two flights to the destination country that arrive close to each other.

EDIT: Melbourne via Sydney/Auckland or Vancouver, I'm guessing
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:46:06 PM by Caelestor »

calibound234

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
Could this add to the Toronto speculation then?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
Toronto Flight's leave all at same time, 9:55pm
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
Oceania or South America are the best bets for now.

Likely
Oceania: Multiple flights to Sydney and Auckland. Timing would be good for a morning arrival.
S America: Multiple flights to Atlanta and Miami. Arrivals would be in the late afternoon, though.

Possible
Asia: Two direct flights to Taipei tonight. Hong Kong and Seoul possible, but unlikely due to recent visit.

Unlikely
N America: Extremely unlikely since arrivals are at night.
Europe: Two direct flights to just-visited London. Connecting to anywhere else will result in a night arrival.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:50:42 PM by Neobie »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 01:59:45 AM »
Oceania or South America are the best bets for now.

Likely
Oceania: Multiple flights to Sydney and Auckland. Timing would be good for a morning arrival.
S America: Multiple flights to Atlanta and Miami. Arrivals would be in the late afternoon, though.

Possible
Asia: Two direct flights to Taipei tonight. Hong Kong and Seoul possible, but unlikely due to recent visit.

Unlikely
N America: Extremely unlikely since arrivals are at night.
Europe: Two direct flights to just-visited London. Connecting to anywhere else will result in a night arrival.

Seasons 10 & 11 had night arrivals if I recall correctly. They could do something similar if that's the case. :/
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 02:04:25 AM »
Teams are apparently on the way to Sydney.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 02:24:57 AM »
I saw the flight info posted in the raw data thread for tweets, etc., and I did notice that there was an American Airlines flight to Sydney, and if there's still an American Airlines tie-in with TAR, that would tend to inferentially support Sydney as a first destination.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 02:51:37 AM »
There was a tweet about seeing Kynt & Vyxsin at their Qantas gate at a few minutes past 11.  

As noted the Qantas LAX flights this evening are to Auckland, New York, Brisbane,  and Sydney.  And we know from talking to the bookstore workers that they were going to Australia.

So which flight are they on?   It could be Brisbane or Sydney.

I Showed a picture of  Kynt & Vyxsin to a TSA agent who checks passports and boarding passes at LAX Tom Bradley International terminal and the agent said that they had passed through at 6:30 pm to go to a Qantas flight.

That narrows the choice to just Sydney because the flight to Brisbane left from Terminal 4.

:jam:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 02:54:20 AM »
I saw the flight info posted in the raw data thread for tweets, etc., and I did notice that there was an American Airlines flight to Sydney, and if there's still an American Airlines tie-in with TAR, that would tend to inferentially support Sydney as a first destination.

American Airlines does not fly it's own metal to Sydney. It code-shares with Qantas under the OneWorld Alliance I believe.  :tup:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 03:00:05 AM »
There was a tweet about seeing Kynt & Vyxsin at their Qantas gate at a few minutes past 11. 

As noted the Qantas LAX flights this evening are to Auckland, New York, Brisbane,  and Sydney.  And we know from talking to the bookstore workers that they were going to Australia.

So which flight are they on?   It could be Brisbane or Sydney.

I Showed a picture of  Kynt & Vyxsin to a TSA agent who checks passports and boarding passes at LAX Tom Bradley International terminal and the agent said that they had passed through at 6:30 pm to go to a Qantas flight.

That narrows the choice to just Sydney because the flight to Brisbane left from Terminal 4.

:jam:

But did all teams take the Qantas flight or did some other teams take the United or Delta flight to Sydney?
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 03:02:51 AM »
And once again I got derailed by mis-information coming out of Toronto  (:;)

Had I ignored it I may have stumbled upon Vynt & Vyxsin at the bookstore or the  Food court.  I wasted the time chasing planes to Toronto!   :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 03:11:58 AM »
But did all teams take the Qantas flight or did some other teams take the United or Delta flight to Sydney?

I can say with 100% certainty that they did not take United UA 839 to Sydney.  And 90% certainty that they did not take Virgin Australia VA 2 to Sydney (thanks to Toronto for this!).  I didn't check the Delta Flight DL 17 at all.  So that is a good possibility.  Also there is an earlier Qantas flight to Sydney  QF 12 leaving at 10:25 pm.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 03:13:54 AM »

I can say with 100% certainty that they did not take United UA 839 to Sydney.  And 90% certainty that they did not take Virgin Australia VA 2 to Sydney.  I didn't check the Delta Flight DL 17 at all.  So that is a good possibility.  Also there is an earlier Qantas flight to Sydney  QF 12 leaving at 10:25 pm.

How certain is Sydney? I would like to be 100% absolutely confident before going on a 10 hour drive.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
Take it to the bank!

Now if they are just making a connection in Sydney that's another matter.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 03:18:23 AM »
If they get there at 6:30-odd in the morning, I'd guess Sydney would be where they stay...Coutzy, this is your chance to catch Kynt and Vyxsin and the teams, photos and all!!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 03:20:30 AM »
If there was a way of knowing with 100% certainty that I would catch them coming out of Sydney, then I would be on my way. But the possibility of them catching a connection has me really nervous that I may have wasted about 300 dollars going up to a place when all they are doing is going elsewhere.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:35 AM »
Buying a tourist book of Australia signifies it enough...Sydney at 7am is a great start for Leg 1, going for a whole day...I would do it, but of course this is your choice, and I can't persuade you otherwise...Think about it though, why would they go anywhere else, though don't hold me to it.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 03:25:33 AM »
Buying a tourist book of Australia signifies it enough...Sydney at 7am is a great start for Leg 1, going for a whole day...I would do it, but of course this is your choice, and I can't persuade you otherwise...Think about it though, why would they go anywhere else, though don't hold me to it.

Actually the flights get there around 8-9am.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 03:26:38 AM »
Even better! Coutzy, I think this is the right thing to do, imo. Photos of their touchdown would be great for RFF! But, ultimately, you decide, mate! I hope I'm not being a bit pushy  :lol: :tup:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:33:55 AM by Kiwi Jay »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 03:44:55 AM »
If there was a way of knowing with 100% certainty that I would catch them coming out of Sydney, then I would be on my way. But the possibility of them catching a connection has me really nervous that I may have wasted about 300 dollars going up to a place when all they are doing is going elsewhere.

I have my suspicions that Leg 2 will be in Melbourne, so your choice.

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 05:37:36 AM »
Just an FYI, Qantas 12 is now being re-directed, possible back to HNL (Honolulu, Hawaii). On the Qantas Website, it says the flight has been canceled and on Flightstats, the flight is being re-directed, location is not noted.

http://zh.flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA12
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 05:46:51 AM by jerseydude »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:33 AM »

If there was a way of knowing with 100% certainty that I would catch them coming out of Sydney, then I would be on my way. But the possibility of them catching a connection has me really nervous that I may 

have wasted about 300 dollars going up to a place when all they are doing is going elsewhere.

I have forget who live in sdyne bagdog duh he could might track stuff unsteady you go any way firebd live downtown I will ask what start line