Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion  (Read 136835 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2010, 01:58:21 PM »
I have mixed feelings about Jaime & Cara being Philiminated.  On the one hand, I had liked them -- or tried to like them -- during Season 14 and I still like Cara.  On the other hand, I don't really like Jaime.  But at least it isn't Ron & Christina -- they're still around!   :yess:

Belle Book

It will be interesting to see whether or not Ron+Chris fight like they did early on in TAR 12 or if they have learned their lesson and have stopped fighting like they did later in TAR 12. I wonder if Ron is in better shape now.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »
Looking back Luke was such a bitch. He elbow,pushed,Cursed,tricked,almost ride a bike into Kisha and Jen
than lie about it

dont let luke see this when he comes back to posting :lol:

:lol3:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2010, 01:13:50 AM »
Looking back Luke was such a bitch. He elbow,pushed,Cursed,tricked,almost ride a bike into Kisha and Jen
than lie about it

1. The first one was kind of Jen's fault. Although to be fair, Luke and Margie also reacted wrongly.
2. The second one, was the fault of both of them, Luke and Jen were running, Luke "accidentally" pushed Jen, and Jen got angry.
3. The bike incident, sounds kind of fudgy too me. Note, Luke is deaf. He couldn't hear the bell from Jen's bike. So he couldn't react in time. Of course, he could have taken evasive measures earlier, but we don't know. For all we know, Jen pushed Luke

How do i know, I've watched the episodes like five times.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
than lie about it

I don't think it's wise to name call other members.
IMO, the rivalry between Margie\Luke and Kisha\Jen was mutual.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
than lie about it

1. The first one was kind of Jen's fault. Although to be fair, Luke and Margie also reacted wrongly.
2. The second one, was the fault of both of them, Luke and Jen were running, Luke "accidentally" pushed Jen, and Jen got angry.
3. The bike incident, sounds kind of fudgy too me. Note, Luke is deaf. He couldn't hear the bell from Jen's bike. So he couldn't react in time. Of course, he could have taken evasive measures earlier, but we don't know. For all we know, Jen pushed Luke

How do i know, I've watched the episodes like five times.

It looks like you have analyzed the facts correctly, redskooky!  :tup:

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »
than lie about it

I don't think it's wise to name call other members.
IMO, the rivalry between Margie\Luke and Kisha\Jen was mutual.

Agreed. You do have to remember that some of the racers do post on here- like Luke.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2010, 09:43:07 AM »
Just a little observation, of the TAR 14 teams in TAR 18, all of them were standing to the left of the run, up to the Finish Line mat.

:cmastree

Offline Roadblock

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
Ugh. So CBS have decided to mislead everyone and feature teams in the promo for the upcoming season that haven't been reported to be racing. With Brook and Clarie taking the majority of the airtime.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2010, 01:45:50 AM »
Ugh. So CBS have decided to mislead everyone and feature teams in the promo for the upcoming season that haven't been reported to be racing. With Brook and Clarie taking the majority of the airtime.

I thought they would. I actually have read an article now where people are excited to see Brook & Claire back. Of course I had to break the news to them that its not true.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2010, 10:27:41 AM »

I thought they would. I actually have read an article now where people are excited to see Brook & Claire back. Of course I had to break the news to them that its not true.

Yeah, this pretty much reminds me of what happened 4 years ago with Ken/Gerard & Jon/Al.  Pretty much both seasons were in the middle of taping during the finale of the preceding season.  Therefore, they really couldn't show anything from the All-Star seasons (if they wanted to and didn't feel the need to "tease" the home audience).  It wasn't like for TAR7 & TAR9 (during the Rob/Amber & return of the teams-of-two race) where they showed clips of the upcoming season, as both those races had ended prior to the AR6 & AR8 finales, respectively.

Anyway, the fact that they showed us racers that aren't on the season was typical.  However, like in 2006, I'm not saying a word to those that think certain racers will be on TAR18. I don't think it's as bad as last time where some of those most popular teams were not chosen but they ended up in the post-TAR10 clip anyway.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »

Well, they threw in at least one shot of about 26 teams (if I counted right), so it seems pretty clear that not all of them would be in Season 18. Although I agree with you that Brook and Claire got most of the airtime...but I think CBS had wanted them on S18 anyway.

Offline KevinTheAmazingRaceFAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
Idk if this is important but on his facebook page Kent said : " Going to post some VERY interesting news this week over at: http://www.facebook.com/KentKaliber ......be sure to "LIKE" my page over there ;-)"

COULD THIS MEAN THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THE TEAMS EARLY ON!?

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
LOVE IT! :<3

All photo credits to Yager Studios.

edited to embed photos
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:47:09 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »
where are those from?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
They are listed as

Yager Studios Photography Publicity Photos for Gary & Mallory Ervin - Team Yellow - The Amazing Race

My guess is these were totally not meant to be released yet. Somebody goofed? ???

But don't they look good??  :hearts:

Thanks for sharing, amazingracer24!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:52:23 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
They are listed as

Yager Studios Photography Publicity Photos for Gary & Mallory Ervin - Team Yellow - The Amazing Race

My guess is these were totally not meant to be released yet. Somebody goofed? ???

But don't they look good??  :hearts:

Thats what I was thinking. The link to that article on Kynt's facebook includes a similar photo of Kynt & Vyxsin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:22 PM »
I hope y'all love me.... :lol:

I went out to check on the rumored "something"  in this week's Entertainment Weekly

...............and got exactly ONE line.

In the 2011 Premieres section, there was a sidebar called "Also Returning"

CBS "The Amazing Race"--Unfinished Business

Rumored to be returning are the Goths Kynt and Vyxsin, and the mother/deaf son duo of Luke and Margie.

Feb 20, 2011

Well, heck...I could have told them that!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
You heard it here first folks, they might be returning! :) :) Well, that sucks. But on the bright side, I'm sure the cast'll be out in a few days...I hope!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
I hope y'all love me.... :lol:

I went out to check on the rumored "something"  in this week's Entertainment Weekly

...............and got exactly ONE line.

In the 2011 Premieres section, there was a sidebar called "Also Returning"

CBS "The Amazing Race"--Unfinished Business

Rumored to be returning are the Goths Kynt and Vyxsin, and the mother/deaf son duo of Luke and Margie.

Feb 20, 2011

Well, heck...I could have told them that!! :lol3:

It could be worse. Every time I search blogs, I see numerous reports that Maria and Tiffany and KevJumba and his Dad are returning this season.  :lol3:

At least they rumored about teams that are actually returning.   :tup:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
Peach:
I hope y'all love me....

Peach, we love you for who you are and what you contribute to RFF regardless of whether you check out every rumor!

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
Peach:
I hope y'all love me....

Peach, we love you for who you are and what you contribute to RFF regardless of whether you check out every rumor!

Ditto!!  :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
awwwwww......  :-[

Thanks guys! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2011, 01:21:26 AM »
I've posted the full article and image in the TAR in the Media thread, but here's the link to the full online USA Today article announcing the teams of TAR 18:Unifinished Business, along with some new details about the start line and start task:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2011-01-19-race19_ST_N.htm
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
CBS.com has updated it's site, with the cast reveal and a 3:29 minute "Meet The Teams" clip!  :hearts: