Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion  (Read 136831 times)

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Contestants **Spoilers**
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
I have posted this already on the location spoilers but would love anyones help Identifying whats going on in this small photo taken by the Broken Hill daily news paper?

It looks to me like they are packing away the pitstop (I'm assuming its at the Junction Mine). Teams and crews can been seen in the background.

Looks to me like Mallory in the pinky/purple on the far left, and Jet and Cord in the middle.

I think its after teams have checked into the Pit Stop and they are waiting / having a break to head back into town to the train station.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
I have posted this already on the location spoilers but would love anyones help Identifying whats going on in this small photo taken by the Broken Hill daily news paper?

It looks to me like they are packing away the pitstop (I'm assuming its at the Junction Mine). Teams and crews can been seen in the background.

Looks to me like Mallory in the pinky/purple on the far left, and Jet and Cord in the middle.

I think its after teams have checked into the Pit Stop and they are waiting / having a break to head back into town to the train station.
It could give us clues who was eliminated as it was after the leg had finished?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »

I'm fairly confident that is the Junction Mine. See the panoramic view at http://www.panoramicearth.com/5809/Broken_Hill/Junction_Mine. If you rotate about 180 degrees or so, it has the green fence on one side and the elevated wood building on the right.

Plaidmoon

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »

I thought of the same thing, but so far, all the evidence is pointing that all the teams are still together.   There was very limited options to get them out of Broken Hill back to Sydney.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »

I thought of the same thing, but so far, all the evidence is pointing that all the teams are still together.   There was very limited options to get them out of Broken Hill back to Sydney.
True unless the team got a flight out with Phil back to Sydney in the afternoon.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »

True unless the team got a flight out with Phil back to Sydney in the afternoon.

Hmm, thats very possible.

I've tried to zoom in on the photo, but it just goes pixelated and blurry.   Have you had any luck?

Offline FLeety

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
I read on another website that there was a qantas plane in Broken Hill yesterday afternoon, which was very unusual.   They could have flown out with Phil and the roadies.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2010, 07:09:52 PM »
I read on another website that there was a qantas plane in Broken Hill yesterday afternoon, which was very unusual.   They could have flown out with Phil and the roadies.

This makes a lot of sense......it gets Phil back in Sydney to take that Qantas flight to Toyko last night and to get the eliminated team off to ES.
Matthew 7:15

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »
Nice! I found it QF2295 landed at 7pm yesterday from Broken Hill. Only Rex flies to Broken Hill so this would be it!. Its about a 2 hour flight so that would mean they took off out of BH around 5pm.

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »
So far, I have spotted:

Jet and Cord,
Mallory (can't see Gary, but he must be there!)
Kynt and Vyxsin
FT and BE

Maybe spotted:
Mike - Male with Blue shorts and red cap.

I will go back and compare with the photos from chelley yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:14:38 PM by gsrqh »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
Red cap might be Mike.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2010, 07:14:24 PM »
Ron and Chris... please survive! :'( :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
Red cap might be Mike.

Yeah, i checked and changed my post!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »
Teams seen to have survived Broken Hill elimination:
Jet/Cord
Flight Time/Big Easy
Gary/Mallory
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike
Jamie/Cara
(I think Kisha and Jen also)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »
Has there been any sign of Ron and Christina?

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »
Jet/Cord
Flight Time/Big Easy
Gary/Mallory
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike
Jamie/Cara

Leaving (possibly eliminated):

- Ron & Chris
- Amanda & Kris (though apparently she may have been spotted on kade's video)
- Margie & Luke
- Zev & Justin

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
Jet/Cord
Flight Time/Big Easy
Gary/Mallory
Kynt/Vyxsin
Mel/Mike
Jamie/Cara

Leaving (possibly eliminated):

- Ron & Chris
- Amanda & Kris (though apparently she may have been spotted on kade's video)
- Margie & Luke
- Zev & Justin

Let's hope Margie and Luke were the ones eliminated.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »
I don't believe thats Amanda. The blonde woman has a gold handbag hanging from her shoulder....
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2010, 07:48:55 PM »
Ronald & Christina?  I thought I saw Christina in the background of a picture earlier, unless that's one of them from an earlier time.

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
I don't believe thats Amanda. The blonde woman has a gold handbag hanging from her shoulder....

I can't see much from the video, apart from a really tall guy (Big Easy is my guess!)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »

I can't see much from the video, apart from a really tall guy (Big Easy is my guess!)

Change the video's HD Format from 360quality to 1080HD on youtube...it's much better quality... The blonde at the door on the right, was said that it could be Amanda, but she doesn't have a gold handbag :lol:

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »

Change the video's HD Format from 360quality to 1080HD on youtube...it's much better quality... The blonde at the door on the right, was said that it could be Amanda, but she doesn't have a gold handbag :lol:

Thanks, heaps better  :tup:

I think its more like a satchel than a handbag.   Anyways, apparently, all teams have been spotted except Amanda and Kris.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
Which teams carry gold satchel bags, though? and plus if MelMike and FTandBE are side by side, why is she letting them all through and Kris nowhere in sight??

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2010, 08:06:37 PM »
Which teams carry gold satchel bags, though? and plus if MelMike and FTandBE are side by side, why is she letting them all through and Kris nowhere in sight??

I'm agreeing with you, I don't think its Amanda.   It could even be Mallory!!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:25 PM »

I'm agreeing with you, I don't think its Amanda.   It could even be Mallory!!

or maybe a Production Cat Herder
Matthew 7:15