Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion  (Read 136840 times)

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Contestants **Spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:09 AM »

Steve/Linda, while they struggled like a champ, where nice, respectful, and memorable (in the first two legs).  Mark/Michael did nothing for me; all they did was pretty much improve on their ability to break every rule (a record that was since broken by Brent & Caite).

I agree Revenge. 

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I wonder what their relationships will be now? Like, will Kris and Amanda still be dating? Zev and Justin still be friends? Hm... I guess we'll have to find out.

Amanda & Kris are Engaged.

Are Kynt & Vyxsin still a dating couple? Vyxsin referred him as her "buddy" on facebook though.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
I wonder what their relationships will be now? Like, will Kris and Amanda still be dating? Zev and Justin still be friends? Hm... I guess we'll have to find out.

Are Kynt & Vyxsin still a dating couple? Vyxsin referred him as her "buddy" on facebook though.

I can't believe that they're still hanging around together.
I guess they can't disappoint all those fans...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2010, 09:03:13 AM »

According to inteviews they did after S12, they never really identified themselves as "Dating"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »

According to inteviews they did after S12, they never really identified themselves as "Dating"

I guess that would b 2 normal 4 them.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »

I guess that would b 2 normal 4 them.

The feeling I got out of it was that they had tried dating, but found it didn't really work for them, but for the purpose of the show they had to be labeled in simple terms. I think one of their quotes was "It took a TV show for us to say we're dating" (That's probably not word for word)

Offline Wally Otto

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:29 AM »
Must say that there's three teams I'd probably axe, maybe four.
(And before anyone starts bitching and moaning at me, in my opinion all stars means they must meet two criteria:
1. They got to the final 5-6 of their season, or they ran at least 50% of the race.
2. They were memorable for a reason, whether positive or negative. Dull players aren't that interesting for all stars.)

Now to my choices of axing:
1. Margie and Luke: Yes, I can see why they've put them in (for the drama with Kisha and Jen and the sentimental factor), but they really irritate me no end. Playing to sentiments isn't also a good idea.
2. Mel and Mike: Who? No, seriously, who are they? I'd have prefered Mark and Michael any day, but alas, bad decisions are made.
3. Amanda and Kris: Errrr.. Pass. Brian and Ericka should have been chosen before some 7th placed nobodies.
Which leads me to my next team. 4. Zev & Justin: I don't like to wish evil on anyone, but here's hoping Zev loses his passport getting into a taxi in Cambodia or Vietnam or somewhere like that.

And finally, well, it's semi-related to the topic..

TAR 18 may be filmed in HD, however us poor aussies are forced to watch it in SD, unless we use "other" means. Stuff you Channel 7 for getting rid of your HD channel!!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »
Ron & Christina are on after all?!  WHOOPPPEEEE!!!!!

:jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :jumpy:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:

Belle Book

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2010, 10:35:25 AM »
About the cast...

I, for one, think that the casting of 5 Season 14 teams is not at all a bad idea. It was a very entertaining season with many power teams and had the most physical tasks by far, compared to any other recent season. There is a reason why that was the last season to win an Emmy…The teams chosen, however, are a little surprising. Yes, Luke had a large following, but he also annoyed a lot of people. That's probably why they cast Kisha/Jen (shoving) and Mike/Mel, ("sinister deaf kid") and most importantly Kris/Amanda (blind u-turn) back...
And to offset the Anti-Luke league they cast the red heads back. At least they again have someone to hang on to and follow to the end, if Margie is still as competitive...
Mike and Mel had a large following and CBS lost over 1.39 million viewers (TAR 14 on Wikipedia) when they were eliminated. = logical choice...
The show also lost 450,000 viewers when Christie and Jodi were eliminated! Their last episode had the largest number of viewers, except for the Finale. Interesting that no one has mentioned them. They were a smart and very competitive team who won a leg because of a smart flight decision and then had the bad luck that all the teams had to wait for one train departure time and then had 2 consecutive days of bad directions by a local and a taxi driver who took them an hour out of the way. Christie has to be very disappointed to see the other S14 teams chosen back, but it doesn't help when you have a teammate who now works in casting and hangs out with all the CBS reality people every weekend... (see Facebook) They also seem to not be that good of friends, so a re-race might have had some entertaining moments…
Flight Time and Big Easy were entertaining and very competitive physically, as long as there aren't many "think" tasks... Same goes for Kisha and Jen. Kynt and Vyxen ARE the Amazing Race. They are at every function and fundraiser and live for that show, so a good choice as well.

Ron and Christina I am not crazy about. The dad came around during their season and I think they might ba a little boring this coming season. I would have preferred some other team instead.
Mallory is entertaining, so good choice, along with her smart dad. Funny, how the new race started a week after they got eliminated from TAR17.
The cowboys were definitely a fan favorite and deserve to be there. I don’t think they will have it as easy as in their (pretty lame) season.
Zev and Justin were too boring for my taste; I would have rather seen Steve and Linda...
Speaking of… As you can tell from their Facebook updates, or lack thereof, Steve and Linda, Mike and Mark, and Brad and Victoria were all cast as alternates…  that leaves only Victor and Tammy as the winners, Preston and Jennifer, and the above mentioned Christie and Jodi out of the cast… I would have loved to see a TAR14 V2.0 to see how much luck and skill is really involved.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF, soccer!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »
Brad and Victoria were ... cast as alternates
  Not true, sadly.

But I think Christy Jodi would have added some spice as well!

:welcome:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »
From the amount of time they were on their previous race, Amanda and Kris appeared to me to be a very competent, capable team. The Blind U-Turn did them no favors, because while they did that other detour task as efficiently as they could, there was no way they were going to be able to luck out and avoid elimination.
I think we'll find that they are still a competent, capable team this time around. I think overall, this is actually a more competent cast than TAR 11, even though there are no winners on it; I have to go back and check how many final three teams were on All-Stars versus this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2010, 11:40:19 AM »
From the amount of time they were on their previous race, Amanda and Kris appeared to me to be a very competent, capable team. The Blind U-Turn did them no favors, because while they did that other detour task as efficiently as they could, there was no way they were going to be able to luck out and avoid elimination.
I think we'll find that they are still a competent, capable team this time around. I think overall, this is actually a more competent cast than TAR 11, even though there are no winners on it; I have to go back and check how many final three teams were on All-Stars versus this season.

Well said  :tup: I agree with all of that. There is nothing wrong with Krimanda and this cast is not all that bad.

Offline Ary

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
I don't know if Mike/Mel have many fans, for me personally I'm not fan of them, they just average contestant for me. I rather Tony & Dallas from S13 (I still wondering why there is no representative from S13?)

Globe team (FT&BE) maybe physically  strong & looks entertaining, but however I don't feel so much entertaining with them, & on the contrary with glee team from S17, Connor & Jonathan who is good with thinking (they are princeton graduate) but weak for physical challenge I found they are more likeble & natural entertainer.

the other cast I am fine.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »
I don't know if Mike/Mel have many fans, for me personally I'm not fan of them, they just average contestant for me. I rather Tony & Dallas from S13 (I still wondering why there is no representative from S13?)

Globe team (FT&BE) maybe physically  strong & looks entertaining, but however I don't feel so much entertaining with them, & on the contrary with glee team from S17, Connor & Jonathan who is good with thinking (they are princeton graduate) but weak for physical challenge I found they are more likeble & natural entertainer.

the other cast I am fine.

I would definitely rather have Toni\Dallas than Mel\Mike. Perhaps the mother and son could or would not come.
Connor\Jonathan definitely would not return.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2010, 02:11:37 PM »
We have 4 parent/child teams as it is...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »

Perhaps the producers are pushing for one of those to win, as they have never had one before.
Perhaps this hints that a FF team has already won...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2010, 04:45:26 PM »

Perhaps the producers are pushing for one of those to win, as they have never had one before.
Perhaps this hints that a FF team has already won...
Same thing that I was going to post...

I guess it's time to break some statement of the amazing race

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
I think the producers want a team to win that didn't win the first time the raced, no matter the composition!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »
I really think Zev & Justin deserve their second chance. In the leg they were eliminated they actually arrived in first place. And Zev has shown he's one of the very few racers able to work with animals proficiently. They could have given Meg & Cheyne a run for their money.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline sweffilou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2010, 06:04:32 PM »
I really think Zev & Justin deserve their second chance. In the leg they were eliminated they actually arrived in first place. And Zev has shown he's one of the very few racers able to work with animals proficiently. They could have given Meg & Cheyne a run for their money.

well said Dånooky  :tup:
So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately: "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

Offline gsrqh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »

Definitely agree!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
I have posted this already on the location spoilers but would love anyones help Identifying whats going on in this small photo taken by the Broken Hill daily news paper?

It looks to me like they are packing away the pitstop (I'm assuming its at the Junction Mine). Teams and crews can been seen in the background.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2010, 06:36:12 PM »
I have posted this already on the location spoilers but would love anyones help Identifying whats going on in this small photo taken by the Broken Hill daily news paper?

It looks to me like they are packing away the pitstop (I'm assuming its at the Junction Mine). Teams and crews can been seen in the background.

I think they checked in and then they took a short rest,they directly took a train back to Sydney(like a rollin pitstop)

So survive first leg:Gary and Mallory,cowboys,flight time and Big easy...others can't figure out... the girl in black hat maybe Kris and Amanda...all 2nd flight teams,except Ron and Chiris.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:19:46 PM by weihen »