Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion  (Read 136811 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Contestants revealed: **Spoilers** and Discussion
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2010, 09:59:14 AM »
I didn't mind Cara to be honest.From what I recall she was nice enough but Jamie on the other hand...

You mean you can tell them apart.  :lol:

I never understood what Margie and Luke really liked about them. It doesn't seem like these two volatile teams could get along.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »

I didn't mind Cara to be honest.From what I recall she was nice enough but Jamie on the other hand...

You mean you can tell them apart.  :lol:

I never understood what Margie and Luke really liked about them. It doesn't seem like these two volatile teams could get along.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:47:52 PM by inquiring minds »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »

You mean you can tell them apart.  :lol:

:groan:
  :groan:
Could it be that there is alot of EDITING that Go's ON????? out of 6 weeks of filming how many MINUTES did we all see?????????? Lets think about this guys........ drama sells...... drama creates higher RATINGS, just like the News on TV! Margie is into competing !! And she is a NICE person......Luke is nice too, they showed him at his most frustrating moments, as they do all of the racers, these people I know and they are nice. As for Cara, she is a wonderful person I know her well and yes I know Jaime too. You all may want to meet these people when you get a chance...she is a hard working person who really never tells anyone off, she doesnt say anything bad in REAL LIFE. You are wrong about them, you have only seen "what sells" and lack of food and sleep on all the above people. This is a reality show, and I suppose there has to be the "bad guys and good guys". NO one wins this Race without someone making a mistake along the way, potty breaks, wrong turns, etc....."Cant we all get along???   LOL! :hearts:

Lol sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.Youre right.I was judging by the show.I'm sure Jamies nice in real life but the question asked was why don't people like her and that was my opinion based on what I saw on the show.Again,just so I'm clear,I don't have any personal vendettas against anyone on the show.phew glad I got that off my chest!:)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »
While it is true that I may treat these people differently in real life, all we have to go by is the way they acted on the show. It is possible that they are just reacting to a lot of stress which would be understandable.
The problem with the common "editing complaint" is that no matter what parts are chosen to be shown, the person still chose to do or say whatever they did. I believe that no amount of editing could make some people look as annoying as this because they do not choose to act like that. The image of a person or team is at least partially decided by the way they chose to act in front of the camera. The reason why some teams (several come to mind) are not thought of this way is because they did not create any drama, if they did we would have seen it.
The editors can only work with what material they have and that material is created by the team.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »
While it is true that I may treat these people differently in real life, all we have to go by is the way they acted on the show. It is possible that they are just reacting to a lot of stress which would be understandable.
The problem with the common "editing complaint" is that no matter what parts are chosen to be shown, the person still chose to do or say whatever they did. I believe that no amount of editing could make some people look as annoying as this because they do not choose to act like that. The image of a person or team is at least partially decided by the way they chose to act in front of the camera. The reason why some teams (several come to mind) are not thought of this way is because they did not create any drama, if they did we would have seen it.
The editors can only work with what material they have and that material is created by the team.

Thank you!This is what I meant.Is eloquence your
middle name perhaps? well said :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »

Thank you!This is what I meant.Is eloquence your
middle name perhaps? well said :)
:ty3:

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »
You all may want to meet these people when you get a chance...she is a hard working person who really never tells anyone off, she doesnt say anything bad in REAL LIFE.

Call the Vatican. Do you live inside Jaime's pocket 24 hours a day? How do you know that she NEVER tells anyone off? I distinctly remember her yelling at a police officer in a foreign country for DARING to speak to somebody who wasn't her.

We all say bad things in real life. Sometimes when we're tired and cranky, we lash out at people. MOST of us tend to feel bad about it and apologize or show any sign whatsoever of this being an exception to the rule and not the cornerstone of our characters. Jaime has not shown herself to be one of those people. What she has shown though was that she is an Ugly American who will whine and whine and whine about the people of the world not speaking English in order to help her win a million dollars. I find that to be very telling of her character and not an editing trick. Also very telling was Cara's obvious embarrassment caused by Jaime's inexcusable behavior. I was always on the Free Cara! camp because I remember her as being the normal, decent, nice racer who had to take time off from law school to race (I respect and admire her for that because I love the Race and would make any sacrifices to be on it as well) who was stuck with a xenophobic bully.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
bleh
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:42:49 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
Guys, don't judge a person based on their personalities in the race. It's almost always edited to make it more full of drama than it usually is. Now, you can criticize their actions, but that doesn't mean they act like that in real life. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Which is why I will give every single team on this race a second chance. A lot of TAR 11's teams were much more different from their original seasons.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2010, 04:06:40 PM »
Okay guys...

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about the racers, but you MUST be respectful of each other.

I know many of you following and posting here may know/be friends with/be related to our racers. And we value your particular insights! And I know you all want to "defend" your racers. But I also know that usually the racers themselves are the first to say it "was just a race" moment and not personal. So let's try to follow their example please?

:ty3:

Remember that our RULES say:

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts. You're more than welcome to express your like or dislike for certain contestant on the show. However, the Racers do join and participate here at RFF, we want them to feel welcome so we ask that you keep that in mind as well. RFF is a fun place and we need your help to keep it that way.

:ghug:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:20:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
Guys and Gals

Editing can really make a very strong and on occasion impression on teams.  Editing as taken words that were spoken in one lace and be used in another, words can be edited to remove some context, and events can be completely misrepresented all due to editing.

And while the editors of Tar aren't as bad as many reality shows everything mentioned above has occurred on this show.

Editors pick and choose what material to use, the pick words that and edit full statements to give an impression that may not actually represent fact.

Of course some events absolutely happen, but just like almost every single person in the World most everyone living has said or done things they regret, usually when under stress or duress.  Frankly a lot of the stress the racers are on are harder then the typical life we are experiencing.  And we need to understand that when we judge racers.

Here is an example of editing events to give a negative impression on two racers, that clips should was absolutely inaccurate, but most viewers never watch the clips and some of these eventss are still quote by internet fans who absolutely should know better.

Peter & Sarah in season 10, we see on the episodes al these tasks that Sarah is doing and wondering why the hell Peter isn't doing those, the episodes make it appear that Peter chooses the tasks and we see him setting back while poor Sarah is trying to scale a cliff, or other difficult challenge.  Yet clips (and back up by Sarah in multiple interviews) says she was the one to choose which tasks she did, and it just happened that she made poor choices dues on the Roadblock.  Peter was absolutely innocent in this, and yet editing reinforces the negative attitude we have on how he isn't emotionally connected to Sarah as Sarah is to him.

Season 11  Eric and Danielle, and many fans were already pissed about this team (I wasn't happy about Danielle, had no problem with Eric being there as his team absolutely deserved it on a season called the best of the best).  All season long we see Danielle doing more physical roadblocks then the ones Eric does, we even see Danielle get angry about this very subject, and the show goes out of its way to imply that Eric is the one calling the shots on tasks.  Yet in clips (with the exception of two roadblocks one of which we never saw), its Danielle who makes the calls and then blames him for it (but again we don't see where it is her fault on choosing to do a task.  Editing is used to complete alter what factors led to the roadblock tasks and is used to portray the male partner in a negative light.

Another example Eric & Jeremy season 99 after being complete asses (which they show) by canceling the cabs of two other teams, are shown by editing to let Monica & Joseph take the blame for that event.  Which then leads to a U-Turn by BJ & Tyler against Mojo.  Yet this is not what happened.  In clips we see Eric & Jeremy go to both teams and freely admit that they were the ones to cancel cabs not Monica & Joseph.  It showed them make a really ****ty move (which it was and the one thing they did that really pissed this fan off), but instead of showing them man up and put take the responsibility for their actions editing makes it appear like not only that they did something ****ty, but even worse let another take the blame for it.  Instead of just showing that BJ & Tyler and Monica & Joseph didn't get along that well (true) they tried to place the origins of that conflict on the shoulders of another team.

Those are just three easy examples of how the editing of the show misleads the public about conflict and events that occur.  And thankfully we had clips to show what really occurred.

I will be the first to admit that I will dog on teams behaviors, but I always try and remind myself and readers that just because we see and hear it, doesn't mean that it occurred how int eh manner that we are presented.

The other thing to remember is that especially for events we don't see occur that often, that those rare events even if they occurred exactly how we saw and heard them are probably not representative of how that person actually behaves.  Look at last season's winners and Daniel who really loses it on one cab driver.  Its a really shocking moment, because its so not how we have scene that racers handle stress and events.  SOme fans where utterly appalled by the behavior, personally I wasn't as we only saw that occur once and we saw so many other times of Daniel behaving in such a kind and nice manner.  And almost all racers (especially those that have raced for many legs) have lost it in some manner when dealing with the frustration of language barriers.  It doesn't make his reactions right, but it certainly makes in understandable.

Offline inquiring minds

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
Guys and Gals

Editing can really make a very strong and on occasion impression on teams.  Editing as taken words that were spoken in one lace and be used in another, words can be edited to remove some context, and events can be completely misrepresented all due to editing.

And while the editors of Tar aren't as bad as many reality shows everything mentioned above has occurred on this show.

Editors pick and choose what material to use, the pick words that and edit full statements to give an impression that may not actually represent fact.

Of course some events absolutely happen, but just like almost every single person in the World most everyone living has said or done things they regret, usually when under stress or duress.  Frankly a lot of the stress the racers are on are harder then the typical life we are experiencing.  And we need to understand that when we judge racers.

Here is an example of editing events to give a negative impression on two racers, that clips should was absolutely inaccurate, but most viewers never watch the clips and some of these eventss are still quote by internet fans who absolutely should know better.

Peter & Sarah in season 10, we see on the episodes al these tasks that Sarah is doing and wondering why the hell Peter isn't doing those, the episodes make it appear that Peter chooses the tasks and we see him setting back while poor Sarah is trying to scale a cliff, or other difficult challenge.  Yet clips (and back up by Sarah in multiple interviews) says she was the one to choose which tasks she did, and it just happened that she made poor choices dues on the Roadblock.  Peter was absolutely innocent in this, and yet editing reinforces the negative attitude we have on how he isn't emotionally connected to Sarah as Sarah is to him.

Season 11  Eric and Danielle, and many fans were already pissed about this team (I wasn't happy about Danielle, had no problem with Eric being there as his team absolutely deserved it on a season called the best of the best).  All season long we see Danielle doing more physical roadblocks then the ones Eric does, we even see Danielle get angry about this very subject, and the show goes out of its way to imply that Eric is the one calling the shots on tasks.  Yet in clips (with the exception of two roadblocks one of which we never saw), its Danielle who makes the calls and then blames him for it (but again we don't see where it is her fault on choosing to do a task.  Editing is used to complete alter what factors led to the roadblock tasks and is used to portray the male partner in a negative light.

Another example Eric & Jeremy season 99 after being complete asses (which they show) by canceling the cabs of two other teams, are shown by editing to let Monica & Joseph take the blame for that event.  Which then leads to a U-Turn by BJ & Tyler against Mojo.  Yet this is not what happened.  In clips we see Eric & Jeremy go to both teams and freely admit that they were the ones to cancel cabs not Monica & Joseph.  It showed them make a really ****ty move (which it was and the one thing they did that really pissed this fan off), but instead of showing them man up and put take the responsibility for their actions editing makes it appear like not only that they did something ****ty, but even worse let another take the blame for it.  Instead of just showing that BJ & Tyler and Monica & Joseph didn't get along that well (true) they tried to place the origins of that conflict on the shoulders of another team.

Those are just three easy examples of how the editing of the show misleads the public about conflict and events that occur.  And thankfully we had clips to show what really occurred.

I will be the first to admit that I will dog on teams behaviors, but I always try and remind myself and readers that just because we see and hear it, doesn't mean that it occurred how int eh manner that we are presented.

The other thing to remember is that especially for events we don't see occur that often, that those rare events even if they occurred exactly how we saw and heard them are probably not representative of how that person actually behaves.  Look at last season's winners and Daniel who really loses it on one cab driver.  Its a really shocking moment, because its so not how we have scene that racers handle stress and events.  SOme fans where utterly appalled by the behavior, personally I wasn't as we only saw that occur once and we saw so many other times of Daniel behaving in such a kind and nice manner.  And almost all racers (especially those that have raced for many legs) have lost it in some manner when dealing with the frustration of language barriers.  It doesn't make his reactions right, but it certainly makes in understandable.
:yess: :yess:
WHERE ARE ALL THE RACERS???/ YOU would think we would get a sighting or two soon???? That is the Time over there?????

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »

It was the Yield actually.  :hfive:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »

It was the Yield actually.  :hfive:

who yield for some team?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »
:waves:
I think the "2 pink dyed hair girls" could be Jaime/Cara. I don't think it's Kynt/Vyxsin; it's understandable that someone could possibly mistake Kynt for a girl but last time I checked his hair is completely black, isn't it?

I see what you mean, but how can u call the redheads' hair pink?

How could you call someone with black hair pink?

Its obvious they are talking about Jamie and Cara.

I'm confused too. ???
:waves:I verified with the person who posted this, and its not Jaime and Cara here is his response to me-------
" Navarro November 25 at 7:39pm Report
(noted.Yeah i saw the gothic serious pink girl)

Thanks for clearing that up. So Ja/Ca have not been seen in Japan, but neither have a lot of other teams...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up. So Ja/Ca have not been seen in Japan, but neither have a lot of other teams...

They were ID'd on the plane to Japan.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline libertybell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »

Have the cowboys been spotted anywhere recently?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »

Yeah, a helpful person in Japan provided us with these: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg577271.html#msg577271

They were taken in Kamakura as far as I know.

Offline libertybell

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »

Yeah, a helpful person in Japan provided us with these: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg577271.html#msg577271

They were taken in Kamakura as far as I know.

:yess:

Offline tigellinus

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
^But China on the other hand....???  :duno:

Offline TARA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
im just curious. isnt the goth couple separated now?

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2010, 01:29:13 AM »
im just curious. isnt the goth couple separated now?
No, Vyksin is there as well, following her partner.

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »
i think he meant no longer dating....

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »
i think he meant no longer dating....
oh yeah, it seems that they are no longer a dating couple,
but it doesn't mean they can't race together. They are still friends, at least in front of cameras, they are.