Author Topic: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 938399 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #825 on: December 10, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »
Here's the schedule for that train. http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/traininfo.exe/en/795198/265636/392280/68926/85?date=07.12.10&

Those times are correct. The odd part is that there are trains from Vienna to Zurich but not that one.
prophet,

It's not so odd at all since it is a SwissRail schedule and trains from Vienna to Switzerland are most likely not SBB. However, I think it fits for another reason. See my post here:

Re: TAR 18 Locations/Destinations **spoilers**
« Reply #227 on: Today at 02:45:55 PM »

Posts by Dr. Rox suggest that the most recent leg is Chur, Switzerland. Irrespective of the accuracy of that, there are frequent flights (at least every 2 hours) from Vienna to Zurich that take about 1.5 hours. The Swissrail IC train from Zurich Flughafen to Zurich Hbf takes 12 minutes and runs at least twice every reasonable hour and the IC train from Zurich HBF to Chur runs about every hour and takes 1.5 hours. That gives a total trip time of advance for airport checkin (maybe 1.5 hours), 1.5 hours in flight, an average of 0.5 hours including schedule delay to Zurich Hbf and 1.5 hours plus schedule delays from Zurich Hbf to Chur. That totals a minimum of about 5 hours. By itself, that doesn't help us much until we know more about what the pit stop release time in Vienna was and what the tasks in Chur were.

I was looking at Dec. 6 for the date of travel from Vienna to Chur. What is the logical next step? It is to get back to Zurich Hbf to fly off to wherever. The way to do that is the exact reverse of the train travel above: IC train hourly from Chur to Zurich Hbf and approximately once every half hour IC train from Zurich Hbf to Zurich Flughafen. From Zurich, a major European air hub, teams could get anyway in Europe, Africa, South America or North America.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #826 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
Someone posted this over at sucks:

"Hey guys my first post I think it will help!

I was in Monrovia for the last 3 weeks just got home and I saw teams running in downtown Monrovia. (unfortunatley I had no camera).
I for sure so Luke and Margie and Kisha and Jen, I believe they were working together (?) maybe as part of an intersection."

Monrovia is the capital of Liberia, West Africa.

I don't trust that guy. He only has two posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #827 on: December 10, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »

I was in Monrovia for the last 3 weeks just got home and I saw teams running in downtown Monrovia. (unfortunatley I had no camera).
I for sure so Luke and Margie and Kisha and Jen, I believe they were working together (?) maybe as part of an intersection."

Yeah, this would make 6 continents which (via Macaroons) is not correct. Look for SA.

DavidJunior

« Reply #828 on: December 10, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »

Yeah, this would make 6 continents which (via Macaroons) is not correct. Look for SA.

No, it would make 5, just so long as they don't go to S. America afterward... but yeah, it does seem kinda fishy if you ask me

but don't JUST look at S. America, Africa is still a major possibility

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #829 on: December 10, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »

It is fake:

In the words of the wisest person on this board (georgiapeach)- 'Dont disregard a spoiler until it is proven to be false'. What if this is a missing link, at one of the points we didnt see the teams for days, like just after the J/C elimination??

I say it could hold substance.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #830 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »

It is fake:

In the words of the wisest person on this board (georgiapeach)- 'Dont disregard a spoiler until it is proven to be false'. What if this is a missing link, at one of the points we didnt see the teams for days, like just after the J/C elimination??

I say it could hold substance.

Have we proven that J/C have been eliminated? I don't think so.

There are lots of rumors out there. I've seen two places today spoiling that Matt and Gary from season 15 are on Season 18.  :cmaslol Still, that falls under the category of rumors proven to be false. TAR could have gone to Liberia. I think it's not a high percentage possibility, but it's worth keeping an eye out for any information that could confirm it. Unfortunately, there's not a big social networking base in Liberia, so it'll be tough to find any confirming info online. At least they speak English in Liberia.

Offline TSPKM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #831 on: December 10, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »
Pretty sure Jaime and Cara are out, anyone who believes otherwise are merely basing it on wishful thinking.

Also that poster was someone hoping that Kisha/Jen and Ron/Chris are there at the end, everyone is making up stuff just because thats what they want to happen and want other people to believe happened.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #832 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
Facebook post from Katie (S17)
Katie & Rachel will be in NYC this weekend for the Finale of The Amazing Race with most of the Cast! (we will miss you Kevy, Gary, Mallory & Connor)

Gary and Mallory not attending opens the possibility that teams will still be racing this weekend.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #833 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »

It is fake:

It's is a fake, if the guy watched S14, he would know that Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen will NEVER work together.

Kisha/Jen probably U-turned Margie/Luke in one of the legs....

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #834 on: December 10, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

It is fake:

It's is a fake, if the guy watched S14, he would know that Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen will NEVER work together.

Kisha/Jen probably U-turned Margie/Luke in one of the legs....

Although it may be fake it says an intersection, in which teams would be forced to work togther. Anyone no why kevin and connor are not attending?

Doesn't Connor work in Korea now? Maybe hes too busy. I'm not sure about Kevin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #835 on: December 11, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
You are going to have to take this on faith, but

RIO! today!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #836 on: December 11, 2010, 08:11:11 AM »
You are going to have to take this on faith, but

RIO! today!

huh

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #837 on: December 11, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »
^ there are many Rio's in the world, but I know it's Rio de Janeiro (site of 2016 Olympics) Peach is referring. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #838 on: December 11, 2010, 08:37:39 AM »
Hahah did peach mean Race Is Over? (RIO)
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #839 on: December 11, 2010, 08:43:14 AM »
Quote from: livingincm link=topic=23690.msg581403#msg581403
 date=1292078259
Hahah did peach mean Race Is Over? (RIO)

:) I think she most likely means that the teams are racing in Rio de Janeiro today.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #840 on: December 11, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »
My suggestion is to start watching for tweets starting now.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #841 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »
Of course it is not over silly billies.  :kisses
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #842 on: December 12, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »
From Twitter:

@Thiago_DAlmeida estavam gravando o the amazing race hj lá no hotel ... mto legal , gosto dessa serie.
14 hours ago via web

Translation:
People were filming The Amazing Race today in an hotel...very cool, i like that show

He's from RIO, and according with the timing, this means that he saw the teams at 12:00 am Brazilian Time (-3 GMT)

Here's his twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Thiago_DAlmeida
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #843 on: December 12, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »
Thiago twitted me back:

@d0cc0l sim sim ... o pessoal tava gravando aqui sim ... estavam hospedados lá em copacabana
18 minutes ago via web

Translation: Yes, yes...the producers were filming here, they were staying (in an hotel i guess) in Copacabana (A RIO de janeiro neighbor)

Then i asked him the name of the hotel, or any details that he can give me....he says:

@d0cc0l cara ... só sei que teve uma prova sobre samba , e o pit stop foi em niteroi
8 minutes ago via web

Trasnslation:
I only know that they had a task about "Samba" (Brazil's National Dance Style) and that the PIT STOP was in the city of NITEROI

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #844 on: December 12, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
Thiago twitted me back:

@d0cc0l sim sim ... o pessoal tava gravando aqui sim ... estavam hospedados lá em copacabana
18 minutes ago via web

Translation: Yes, yes...the producers were filming here, they were staying (in an hotel i guess) in Copacabana (A RIO de janeiro neighbor)

Then i asked him the name of the hotel, or any details that he can give me....he says:

@d0cc0l cara ... só sei que teve uma prova sobre samba , e o pit stop foi em niteroi
8 minutes ago via web

Trasnslation:
I only know that they had a task about "Samba" (Brazil's National Dance Style) and that the PIT STOP was in the city of NITEROI

ask him if he saw any teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #845 on: December 12, 2010, 11:55:41 AM »
Good work!! YAY!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #846 on: December 12, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
apparently that's all i'm getting.... :cmas4
i asked him to give me the hotel name and the exact time he saw the filming crew, but he never replied back....
may be if you guys try, he can give some mor information away...
Anyway, assuming that he saw teams/producers TODAY at 12:00 am (Brazil, -3 GMT)...teams should be at the airport by 1:00-2:00 am according to this map:

According to google, it takes 35 minutes to get to the airport from Copacabana....what i'm wondering is, why they will be leaving the pit start in Copacabana if the pit stop was in Niteroi..??????

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #847 on: December 12, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
Don't believe they are flying out of RIO....fwiw.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #848 on: December 12, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »
so, 2 legs in RIO....? if they didn't flight anywere, that means the leg is over according with the time they were leaving...so, we have the final 3???? or there's 4 teams remaining?

Offline Julia

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #849 on: December 12, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
Okay, so I'm extremelly new here, but I find the work you guys do amazing. From the same twitter source above, someone asked weather or not he had seen a team of black women. He replies:

@leonamoliveira cara , eu me lembro de dois negros muito altos só ... essas duas negras eu não me recordo não

@leonamoliveira dude, I remember two really tall black guys, but I don't recall these black women

Anyway, I'm thinking Flight Time & Big Easy?

PS: Sorry if this is not the right place.