Author Topic: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 938612 times)

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #700 on: November 29, 2010, 12:10:53 AM »
Zev and Justin safe.
Ron and Chris safe.

Offline ausina

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #701 on: November 29, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
Goths  :lol:

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #702 on: November 29, 2010, 12:12:42 AM »
Is this the actual check in order please?

Now the order we know:
Kisha/Jen
Goth(get to pitstop before Kisha/Jen,but receive 30mins)
Flight time and Big easy
Ron and Chris
Zev/Justin

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #703 on: November 29, 2010, 12:17:54 AM »
EE said he saw maggie and luke left the pitstop with their packages,so it could mean they finished this leg bofore the goths at least

looks like Margie/Luke safe now.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #704 on: November 29, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »
Pit Stop mat is here. I was here just last year!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:15:35 AM by Neobie »

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #705 on: November 29, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
Jamie and Cara out!!!

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #706 on: November 29, 2010, 01:54:07 AM »
order:
1st/2nd:Jet and Cord,Gary and Mallory
3rd:Margie and Luke
4th:Kisha and Jen
5th:Goth
6th:Flight time and Big easy
7th/8th:Ron/Chris,Zev and Justin

Emilinated:Jamie and Cara
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:07:36 AM by weihen »

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #707 on: November 29, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »
time:
1st/2nd:Jet and Cord,Gary and Mallory   Unknown
3rd:Margie and Luke                           Unknown
4th:Kisha and Jen                              13:31
5th:Goth                                          13:53
6th:Flight time and Big easy                 14:00
7th/8th:Ron/Chris,Zev and Justin          14:16

Emilinated:Jamie and Cara                    15:51

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #708 on: November 29, 2010, 02:28:57 AM »
Pitstop location!! Thanks Mad Joe!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #709 on: November 29, 2010, 02:46:07 AM »
Pitstop location!! Thanks Mad Joe!!

actual pic?

Nice scenery ... with all the birds
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #710 on: November 29, 2010, 04:05:47 AM »
From a blog find:

I took a sleeper train from Kunming, and saw a couple tall ladies with matching red-dyed hair being video-taped and interviewed about how their flight was rushed and what they thought, blah blah. I didn't think much of it, but then when boarding the train, I saw a couple other camera crew running around. Then when arriving in Lijiang (the train was nice and double storied, which I hadn't seen before in China, but no door on the cabin... but at least the cabin was empty) at just before 7am, I saw a couple guys in matching outfits and cowboy hats also being interviewed as they got into one of the dozens of minivan taxis waiting to take people to Lijiang. I then started to think "Hey, this might be The Amazing Race or The Amazing Race Asia." I took a shared taxi but should have waited a bit more since at 715am the buses started arriving (but I didn't know). Anyway, after getting to the Old Town of Lijiang and finding a room at a decent price, I rested a little and then an hour later braved the cold (thankfully mild compared to other times I've been here in winter) to start walking around and taking more pictures and to eat breakfast. After walking up a hill to try to get a good view of the Old Town (the view is monopolized by many restaurants and you can't take photos without eating or drinking there), I stumbled across the host of the show as he was acting out with his translator and a woman dressed in local Naxi clothing how the teams will respond. I videoed him and took some photos and he came over and introduced himself as Steve. I asked if he was with The Amazing Race and he said "No, I wish!" but just a small travel show for The Discovery Channel, which I thought was even better because I quite like The Discovery Channel. After wishing him good luck I went down the hill and saw 3 more "teams" of partners and other crews filming them as they acted quite like they do on The Amazing Race (having to answer puzzles and put clues in certain ways to locals before given cards for their next destination). So either "Steve" lied to me (though he didn't look like the host I've seen before on The Amazing Race) or there were 2 different shows filming consecutively or the show being filmed (with at least 4 distinct teams of 2 people each) was copying the style of The Amazing Race for a China-only show. In any event, quite fun to watch but it also made me wish I was on the show competing for a million dollars since a couple years ago I applied with a friend but never heard back. Again, that's life but it's nice to know that I'm heading to some places that are considered worthy enough for either The Amazing Race or The Discovery Channel. It was also neat to see how many crew really are needed to follow around teams of people to make a television reality / travel show.

I'll try to post some pictures of the people I saw filming when I get the chance and a good internet connection. I still don't have access to facebook (both China and Vietnam block access) but should later in the week.

:hearts: LOL at Phil disguising himself as Steve. :lol3:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:16:55 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #711 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:34 AM »
From a blog find:

I took a sleeper train from Kunming, and saw a couple tall ladies with matching red-dyed hair being video-taped and interviewed about how their flight was rushed and what they thought, blah blah. I didn't think much of it, but then when boarding the train, I saw a couple other camera crew running around. Then when arriving in Lijiang (the train was nice and double storied, which I hadn't seen before in China, but no door on the cabin... but at least the cabin was empty) at just before 7am, I saw a couple guys in matching outfits and cowboy hats also being interviewed as they got into one of the dozens of minivan taxis waiting to take people to Lijiang. I then started to think "Hey, this might be The Amazing Race or The Amazing Race Asia." I took a shared taxi but should have waited a bit more since at 715am the buses started arriving (but I didn't know). Anyway, after getting to the Old Town of Lijiang and finding a room at a decent price, I rested a little and then an hour later braved the cold (thankfully mild compared to other times I've been here in winter) to start walking around and taking more pictures and to eat breakfast. After walking up a hill to try to get a good view of the Old Town (the view is monopolized by many restaurants and you can't take photos without eating or drinking there), I stumbled across the host of the show as he was acting out with his translator and a woman dressed in local Naxi clothing how the teams will respond. I videoed him and took some photos and he came over and introduced himself as Steve. I asked if he was with The Amazing Race and he said "No, I wish!" but just a small travel show for The Discovery Channel, which I thought was even better because I quite like The Discovery Channel. After wishing him good luck I went down the hill and saw 3 more "teams" of partners and other crews filming them as they acted quite like they do on The Amazing Race (having to answer puzzles and put clues in certain ways to locals before given cards for their next destination). So either "Steve" lied to me (though he didn't look like the host I've seen before on The Amazing Race) or there were 2 different shows filming consecutively or the show being filmed (with at least 4 distinct teams of 2 people each) was copying the style of The Amazing Race for a China-only show. In any event, quite fun to watch but it also made me wish I was on the show competing for a million dollars since a couple years ago I applied with a friend but never heard back. Again, that's life but it's nice to know that I'm heading to some places that are considered worthy enough for either The Amazing Race or The Discovery Channel. It was also neat to see how many crew really are needed to follow around teams of people to make a television reality / travel show.

I'll try to post some pictures of the people I saw filming when I get the chance and a good internet connection. I still don't have access to facebook (both China and Vietnam block access) but should later in the week.

:hearts: LOL at Phil disguising himself as Steve. :lol3:

:hearts: LOL.. Phil tried pretend himself as Steve!! :lol3: :) by the way, where you find a blog? give me source.. :)
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #712 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »
I will not give the blog's URL until peach thinks it's safe. Y'all might bug the blogger. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #713 on: November 29, 2010, 04:23:16 AM »
I will not give the blog's URL until peach thinks it's safe. Y'all might bug the blogger. :lol:

okay, thanks..
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #714 on: November 29, 2010, 04:42:57 AM »
tweet
I get a bit too happy when I see Singapore Airlines being shown on The Amazing Race. :)
1 mins

another

The Amazing Race people are taking Singapore Airlines to HongKong. I don't know why that made me happy.
3 mins.

another

OMG!!!!!!!! SINGAAPOOREEE! THE AMAZING RACE, THEY'RE IN SINGAPORE!!
-4 mins

if It's TAR or TARA?  :duno:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #715 on: November 29, 2010, 05:58:02 AM »
tweet
I get a bit too happy when I see Singapore Airlines being shown on The Amazing Race. :)
1 mins

another

The Amazing Race people are taking Singapore Airlines to HongKong. I don't know why that made me happy.
3 mins.

another

-4 mins

Possibly talking about the latest episode of TAR17

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #716 on: November 29, 2010, 06:24:52 AM »
tweet
1 mins

another

3 mins.

another

-4 mins

Possibly talking about the latest episode of TAR17

Oh, I was wrong.. :) Sorri...

Offline ausina

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #717 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:25 AM »
Photos from tieba (baidu):

The last to arrive

C U...

Phil

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:10:34 AM by ausina »

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #718 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »
New pic of Jamie and Cara,sent peach now...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #719 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #720 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
they should started already for new leg ... around 8/10 pm or 10/12 pm last nite ...

any sightings at pitstart?

Last Pitstop

time:
1st/2nd:Jet and Cord,Gary and Mallory   Unknown
3rd:Margie and Luke                           Unknown
4th:Kisha and Jen                              13:31
5th:Goth                                          13:53
6th:Flight time and Big easy                 14:00
7th/8th:Ron/Chris,Zev and Justin          14:16

Pitstart

time:
1st/2nd:Jet and Cord,Gary and Mallory   Maype 8/10 pm or 10/12pm
3rd:Margie and Luke                           
4th:Kisha and Jen                              01:31 am
5th:Goth                                          01:53 am
6th:Flight time and Big easy                 02:00 am
7th/8th:Ron/Chris,Zev and Justin          02:16 am

if not, then we have 24 hrs rest ...
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #721 on: November 29, 2010, 09:39:19 PM »
Probably doesnt mean us...............

the amazing race pit shop的那个签到地毯半价啊啊啊啊啊~~~
20 minutes ago via 敏感词
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #722 on: November 29, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:45:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #723 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:43 PM »
Probably doesnt mean us...............

the amazing race pit shop的那个签到地毯半价啊啊啊啊啊~~~
20 minutes ago via 敏感词

This just  mean that he want to buy pit stop mat...

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #724 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
The Article from Barrier Daily Truth has finally been opened. Nothing new, though. :(

Quite a few locals were excited yesterday at the news that contestants and crew from the US TV reality show 'The Amazing Race' were in the city as part of their Australian leg of the show.
The production crew and 11 American couples arrived in the city on two Rex chartered planes yesterday morning from Sydney, and were picked up by several four-wheeldrives.
The show has couples race across the globe, doing crazy things at each destination. Rotary and St Johns Ambulance were at the old Junction Mine yesterday with the crew and contestants while they filmed a sequence for the show.
Many locals drove up to catch a glimpse of the proceedings. When the BDT approached the production crew for an interview, a spokesman for the show worked on the basis of little to no publicity.
But locals gave regular updates on their sightings of the groups on Facebook. According to posts on the site later in the day, the contestants had to go to Memorial Oval where they found an envelope telling them they had to dress up as Kangaroos and hop to Mercury Street for their next clue before they made their way to the Junction Mine.
Mayor Wincen Cuy took part in filming at the Junction Mine, but couldn't give the BDT any information as to what his role was.
"I had to sign a declaration of confidence," Mayor Cuy said. "I was involved, and it will be fabulous for Broken Hill."
City Council's media adviser John Casey said council would not comment on any projects filmed "in and around Broken Hill without theexpress permission of those companies and individuals involved.
"At this time we have been asked to keep details of projects currently in development in Broken Hill confidential and do not have permission tomake any further comment".

http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?news&article=1271