Author Topic: TAR Australia TV Ratings  (Read 32493 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia TV Ratings
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 04:07:25 AM »
1 million viewers in Aus = 10 million viewers in US? Is it approximately correct?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 04:14:02 AM »
Approximately, but Aussie TV networks are much quicker to axe shows than American networks. Even though 10 million is great by US standards, it's going to be touch-and-go here to see if we get a new season. But if it kills off Can of Worms quickly? Given how strongly Ten have been advertising that show I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one more on the basis of that alone.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
Look at this site: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/amazing-race-to-run-once-more/story-fn6bn80a-1226081915379

It seems quite definite that the show has been renewed for a 2nd season.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Look at this site: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/amazing-race-to-run-once-more/story-fn6bn80a-1226081915379

It seems quite definite that the show has been renewed for a 2nd season.
Lets hope so! I'm guessing if it was going to happen, they would have some casting call promos before the end of this season, so lets hope in the next couple of weeks we will have one!
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
1,039,000 viewers last night. Still holding on above the million mark! Lots of competition on TV last night so this is a good result.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 06:31:36 AM »
Congrats! The show has been renewed for S2! Official news.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
Good lift in the ratings! 1,124,000 viewers nationally. No need to worry anymore anyway, season 2 is approved  :jam:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:02 AM »
Australians sure love their Amazing Race, cheers mates :jam:
Bring on the 21!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 01:04:09 AM »
It's great to see The Amazing Race Australia being so popular among fans outside of Australia as well!

Hopefully the second season will garner more ratings!!!! :jam:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
Doesn't make any sense to me but there was a drop in audience for Episode 11,  963,000 viewers. Drops under the Million mark for the first time. Next week final show is on at 9pm to avoid a clash with the Masterchef finale.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »
you're kidding me, what happened? viewers weren't interested to see who made the final three? I'd consider the episode that's the most exciting, besides the finale

A second season is already confirmed, but I hope to heck the numbers rise way way above for the finale
Bring on the 21!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
you're kidding me, what happened? viewers weren't interested to see who made the final three? I'd consider the episode that's the most exciting, besides the finale

A second season is already confirmed, but I hope to heck the numbers rise way way above for the finale
A lot of competition at this stage with some shows coming to an end like Masterchef running a bit overtime to make sure people miss the start of TARAus.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 05:01:23 AM »
If you look here, I believe "The Renovators" on Channel 10 actually won the timeslot TARAus was in  :( It was The Renovators' second episode though, so here's hoping that #1 spot taken by them doesn't last awfully long. (And they didn't get over the one million mark either, for the second episode I don't think that's too good right?)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
If you look here, I believe "The Renovators" on Channel 10 actually won the timeslot TARAus was in  :( It was The Renovators' second episode though, so here's hoping that #1 spot taken by them doesn't last awfully long. (And they didn't get over the one million mark either, for the second episode I don't think that's too good right?)

Australian... watch your own show! Support the best foreign edition of TAR ever! :lol:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »

Australian... watch your own show! Support the best foreign edition of TAR ever! :lol:

I did watch it  :lol:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
The finale was watched by an average of 1,195,000 viewers. Not too bad considering it started late at 9:10pm. Also strong competition from other networks. All in all a very successful series, however season 2 will have to keep these numbers if there is to be a 3rd series I think.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
I'm sure Perth citizens helped a lot. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。