The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Usage of public transportation during the race...

(1/2) > >>

Goldeneye:
Now, the usage of public transportation is almost inadvisable unless required here in the States (see TAR 16 Leg 1), but in the past two legs - public transportation in St Petersburg would have saved a chunk of money if permitted on all angles...

I have seen racers in the past use public transport as an option (one of them a requirement as a task, TAR 13 Leg 10), but that has been very scarce since TAR 16 Leg 1 - I wonder if the usage of even the Metro was barred during the St Petersburg legs...I would understand if things like the marshrutka would be banned, but I think the normal buses, trolleybuses, trams and Metro should still be permitted if not prohibited by the clue.

...which is sad because the very first task of this past leg took them out to Avtovo Circus, which is very close (about a 5 minute walk) to the world-famous Avtovo metro station.

Cocoa:
I think producers want to exhibit how Russian taxi drivers are infamous. :lol:

Caelestor:
The problem is the producers want to limit sightings and speed filming up so that the whole race finishes in 3 weeks.
Don't want people to get lost in the metro, now, do we?

jerseydude:
And the racers themselves don't want to take public transport in case it makes them fall behind. E.g. TAR 12 Taiwan Leg when Jen and Nate took a metro then bus to the detour costing them the race.

Goldeneye:
I probably should add that the St Petersburg Metro is very frequent and one rarely has to wait more than 5 minutes for a train, and quite often it's usually every 2 or 3 minutes.

Not sure how bad St Petersburg traffic can be though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version