Author Topic: EP 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 30646 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 7 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »
When did Mel & Mike sleep in?

I know several teams have going all the way back to the Gutless Grannies

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »
When we have outdoor check-in with a sunny day, so I bet Chateau can work his magic on the approximate check-in times.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »
Clearly check in this is Nick & Vicki's best, but they also really nailed the Norway legs, but without check in times no real reference point.

Except the little FF mishap.
Not that leg, the sled leg, wasn't that in Norway?

Sledding was the Sweden detour (with the tents).

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
Clearly check in this is Nick & Vicki's best, but they also really nailed the Norway legs, but without check in times no real reference point.

Except the little FF mishap.
Not that leg, the sled leg, wasn't that in Norway?

Sledding was the Sweden detour (with the tents).
thanks

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »

I meant the praying thing
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »
Mel "prayed" and got a wind shift when they were hang gliding in Bavaria.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »
So, today we learned two things:

1. The white sheet of paper is important even if it's not colorful.
2. Sometimes Asian child should listen to Asian dad.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »

I meant the praying thing
Yeah, but for prayers I still always think of Brandon & Nicole.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
I loved this episode,

but man- I get so mad when teams don't read the clues. How many times have we seen this. Kevin and dad should have known this too.

Sad.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:03 PM »
No matter how things are edited for broadcast, the rules every Racer should remember doesn't change. I found the rushed, not-to-take-the time to read behavior baffling. Not to mention the obviousness of the model of the church sitting right there under their noses.

Amazing. And not in a good way.

I think every team made on-air mistakes this week, ones that could have led to their elimination. The tasks have not been easy this season, and production has done a good job in making almost all the detour tasks equally hard. Two music tasks on consecutive legs? Wow. And the alternatives weren't any easier this week or last.

But Michael and Kevin have struggled to make it to leg 7, and truthfully, that's further than I thought they would get. While I'll have the placement averages up tomorrow, it's fair to say that 5 of the 6 teams are fairly evenly matched, and the other team made up ground this week.  The rest of the season looks as if it will be hard to predict who will prevail.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 11:52:16 PM »
I'm watching it just right now, and for the first 8 minutes, I felt really confused and overwhelmed. I don't know why. :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2010, 01:57:26 AM »
Done.

I'd like to commend how the race planners have created super dynamic tasks this season, both hard and not-so-but-will-screw-teams-up tasks. Great job, the Detour was a tough cookie!

I would also tell that I love the "easter eggs" (I mean extras and mini-stuff in the background) like the circus people. They were entertaining. This season, "easter eggs" were fun (the dancing lady, the bears, the stuttering person, and the clowns). Good job planners!

You've asked it (and complained for it), now you get it. The riddles are back! I love it!

The teams were also great, but I've already discussed about it in previous comments, so let's move on.

The suspense was amazing! Ever-shuffling placements and mistakes plus skills in tasks makes the race really really hard to predict. Kudos!

But the problem I saw in this ep was that what I posted above. I got confused and overwhelmed at the same time during the Pitstart -> Detour. It was all-over the place, I guess, and I was distracted a lot, IMO. But after that, it was smooth. :tup:

Annnnnndddd Oman! Self-Driving! This season is one of the best indeed! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:39 AM »
This was one dramatic leg indeed. The constant shuffling in positions, the frustrations at the Detour, the mistakes teams made, the stress at the Roadblock, and the penalties that ultimately sent Michael and Kevin home. This leg was really exciting.

Nat and Kat continue to impress me. We would have thought that only musical people could complete the accordion Detour. But they did it systematically, and pulled ahead. I was really amazed. One thing I really admire about them is that they're meticulous, and always cool, calm and collected. This is gonna be so beneficial on the race. I really hope that they win this season!

I was bummed when Michael and Kevin and Brook and Claire decided to take the cab to the tower. I was like... Nooooo read your clue!!! Well thankfully Brook and Claire did, and rectified their mistake. Speaking of that, I am utterly amazed by their performance. They lost time looking for the tower, and wasted quite a bit of time going back to the tower and walking to the destination. But they still finished the leg in second place! It was negligence on their part that they didn't read the clue carefully, but I still give them props for being incredibly fast and catching up to everyone.

Nick and Vicki, third place! Their best placing ever. They really rocked at the Detour and Roadblock. They might be clueless sometimes, but there's no denying that they do have some skills that other teams don't. But whatever happened to the Speed Bump? My guess is that it took place before the circus Detour, didn't affect their placing, hence was edited out. Or it could have been some other production error... Hmm.

I'm glad Gary and Mallory are still in the race. After two weeks of speculation that they'd be booted, it's kinda a miracle they're still in here, but I don't care, I'm happy. I still love them to bits, and Mallory totally rocked at the Roadblock. Musical girl!

Well, the drama at the end. The Roadblock didn't kill Michael and Kevin, the penalties did. Come on... Haven't these guys learnt enough from the race that they have to ALWAYS scrutinise their clue carefully? It sucks to be out because of penalties. Chad and Stephanie were lucky that they only committed an error and that there were Michael and Kevin who made more critical mistakes than them. Heh.

And there go all three all-male teams, out before the Final 6. Wow...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:25:28 AM by Ruth »
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
I'm glad Gary and Mallory are still in the race. After two weeks of speculation that they'd be booted, it's kinda a miracle they're still in here, but I don't care, I'm happy. I still love them to bits, and Mallory totally rocked at the Roadblock. Musical girl!

First of all, Mallory did not do the RB. Second, the RB was not about music. But I think you meant Detour there. :lol:

I'm afraid the Speed Bump controversy's gonna be the rough water this season (because the CBS is gonna explain against an angry and confused mob, which may have been cleared if they took just 15 seconds or less in explaining things out)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »

First of all, Mallory did not do the RB. Second, the RB was not about music. But I think you meant Detour there. :lol:

I'm afraid the Speed Bump controversy's gonna be the rough water this season (because the CBS is gonna explain against an angry and confused mob, which may have been cleared if they took just 15 seconds or less in explaining things out)

Yes I meant the Detour! Oops, my bad...

Yeah, they really should have said something about the Speed Bump and not left this question hanging for the viewers. They can't think that we forgot about Nick and Vicki's Speed Bump! Geez.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »
I think this is the first season the first 5 teams eliminated are all same gender teams.
M/M, F/F, M/M, F/F, M/M :ascared
TAR's first!

This leg is one hell of a leg. I really thought that TAR usually gets EXTREMELY BORING when you reach the middle legs where people generally don't remember them. Especially if this is a Final 7 leg. Remember how the Final 7 legs used to be so boring and dull? (Aja and Ty, TAR 13?? lol)

I guess the "WALK TO THE NEXT LOCATION" clue is still the clue that kills really. 14 seasons ago it killed Heather and Eve, 14 seasons later, teams still don't learn. Giving loads of credit to Brooke and Claire, for realizing their mistake and returning back to rectify their mistake and still come in second. But giving even MORE credit to Nat and Kat, for completing the ENTIRE leg without any fatal errors. And TAR 17 is just amazing, two all-female teams owning the race. Even Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandice didn't do so well in Allstars. Guess this is an Amazing Race first again! The all-female teams won 5/7 legs so far?! WTH?! :lol:

I loved the fact that Nick and Vicki are third, but highly suspect that they would have taken a cab had it not been them working together with Nat and Kat. :lol: But way to go! I'm liking this team more and more, even if they had to lie to get ahead. There's something about this team that i just can't help but to want to root for them.

And i'm shocked to realize this, but i'm actually rooting for Chad and Stephanie now?! This two quarrel all the time and they somehow managed to patch back so quickly and then sometimes, they work so well together.. but at times they fumble like no tomorrow. They complement each other and you might say that they're getting through each leg Dandrew style.. but they're still in this race! I'm liking them more and more each day. And i seriously thought they could be the one team i dislike most in this race. Turns out they're really a cute couple! :lol: :lol:

And then we have Jill and Thomas.. Jill is, nice. But Thomas is just...

SCENARIO:
THOMAS: WE HAVE A TASK. I'M DOING THIS.
JILL: OKAY
THOMAS: OMG WE CAN'T DO IT.
JILL: WHAT?
THOMAS: LET'S SWITCH.
JILL: WHATEVER.
THOMAS: OMG I CAN'T DO THIS EITHER.
JILL: BUT I'M DOING FINE.
THOMAS: LET'S GO BACK TO THE OTHER TASK.
JILL: FINE.
THOMAS: WE CAN DO THIS. LET'S WORK TOGETHER.
JILL: :res:

You get my point. How is working together ever counted as you just deciding everything for the team? That is probably why Jill and Thomas aren't getting much fans anywhere. You have such awesome personalities on the race, then you get these two who's neither here nor there. No doubt they race fairly good and always manages to catch up.. but i'm not a fan. Maybe one day i'll be, like how i'm liking Chad and Stephanie now. :lol:

AND WE HAVE GARY AND MALLORY. FREAKING HELL. EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY'RE GOING TO BE ELIMINATED. THEY STARTED ROADBLOCK LAST, THEN GARY NAILED IT AND POOF, THEY CHECKED IN 4TH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG. I LOVE GARY AND MALLORY!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3:

I like Kevin and Michael, they're nice chaps. But seriously, Kevin is really rude at times. And amazing isn't it? They didn't get eliminated because Papa didn't do the RB well. They got eliminated because Kevin didn't read the clue properly. Not that it's entirely his fault, as Michael could have mis-read it too. But Kevin could have made the difference by reading the clue properly. They should have been gone on the third leg, and went on to race for another 4 legs.. i guess that's really a good NEL present. I just hoped that both of them won a leg before they got eliminated. Could have made this two happier. :tup:

LOVED THE DETOUR. Really like the clues this leg. (What's up with all the riddles?! They're AWESOME!!!)

And the Roadblock, honestly, if there isn't any penalties and seven teams are all there trying to do the RB, that could have been the most exciting finish ever. But it was good enough, with all the taxi drama, teams not checking in, Chad and Stephanie finishing, reached the pitstop, gotta pay their cab, ran back, received penalty, came back, check in and still in the race. Doesn't this sounded so much like the leg last season where Jet and Cord came in last on a NEL?! :tup:

And thumbs up to Chad and Stephanie for forgoing everything and just run to the pitstop. I know that was dumb.. but it showed truly how much they wanna stay on!

Love TAR 17!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »

Yes I meant the Detour! Oops, my bad...

Yeah, they really should have said something about the Speed Bump and not left this question hanging for the viewers. They can't think that we forgot about Nick and Vicki's Speed Bump! Geez.

Danooky had an explanation on the other thread. Sounds valid! :tup:

Waiting for their exit interviews. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
No matter how things are edited for broadcast, the rules every Racer should remember doesn't change. I found the rushed, not-to-take-the time to read behavior baffling. Not to mention the obviousness of the model of the church sitting right there under their noses.

I think every team made on-air mistakes this week, ones that could have led to their elimination. The tasks have not been easy this season, and production has done a good job in making almost all the detour tasks equally hard. Two music tasks on consecutive legs? Wow. And the alternatives weren't any easier this week or last.

But Michael and Kevin have struggled to make it to leg 7, and truthfully, that's further than I thought they would get. While I'll have the placement averages up tomorrow, it's fair to say that 5 of the 6 teams are fairly evenly matched, and the other team made up ground this week.  The rest of the season looks as if it will be hard to predict who will prevail.

Not Nat and Kat. Not any critical mistake. This two are amazing. :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »

Nat and Kat are just so analytical, but you would think that from their profession. Thought not critical, the leaving the packs in the taxis cost them time. Didnt cost them any places, but they were lucky everyone else, but Nick and Vicki did the same thing.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2010, 11:31:42 AM »
I think this is the first season the first 5 teams eliminated are all same gender teams.

Though the effect wasn't nearly as evident, it also happened in TAR 6 (M/M, F/F, F/F, leaving 8 M/F teams).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »

Though the effect wasn't nearly as evident, it also happened in TAR 6 (M/M, F/F, F/F, leaving 8 M/F teams).

Yup, but 5 teams and we still have 2 all-female teams?! That's great!!! :hearts:

Normally by Final 6.. we'll be down to one all-female team who's struggling like mad to continue further. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

Nat and Kat are just so analytical, but you would think that from their profession. Thought not critical, the leaving the packs in the taxis cost them time. Didnt cost them any places, but they were lucky everyone else, but Nick and Vicki did the same thing.

The amazing thing is, Nick and Vicki then can't find a cab!! :lol3:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2010, 12:03:29 PM »
They should have found a hotel and got them to call one. But I think TPTB stretched out the drama about finding a cab....probably didnt take as long as was presented.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
They should have found a hotel and got them to call one. But I think TPTB stretched out the drama about finding a cab....probably didnt take as long as was presented.

Yea, i'm sure it took a much lesser time, maybe even lesser than the time Nat and Kat did to run back and get their original cabs... or maybe not, because the doctors did arrive at RB first.

But the thing is, how did Gary and Mallory arrive at the Roadblock last? Somehow they didn't seem at lost.. the teams position were almost everywhere throughout the leg and in the middle it got so confusing.. but it was REALLY fun to watch. :lol:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »
The taxis weren't probably as far away as it seemed (I haven't seen the map yet so I could be wrong)
The story so far: