Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 123940 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
No title though. Hrmm...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:06 AM »
No title though. Hrmm...
I'm about 99% sure that they won't give a title, althoug h I really badly hope they do. My Kitchen Rules didn't have episode titles this year, and neither do some other Channel Seven shows. I hope they  decide to use titles. though... :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
So, there is only 1 all girl team left! There was also one eye witness account that there was an all girl team spotted in Perth. Could this mean the blondes have made it to the final three  :duno:

This is pure spec but based on other sitings and whats happened so far in the show here is my final three prediction (in no particular order):

*  Sam and Renae
    Reason: evidence of 1 all girl team driving in car with camera crew in Perth.

* Anastasia and Chris
   Reason: evidence a m/f team in Perth in late 20s(?) male a bit taller and older than female. This could also be Dave and Kelly, however Dave is about the same height if not shorter and also a lot older looking. Odds would favour Anastasia and Chris as they are younger and fitter.

* Jeff and Luke
       Reason: only based on an all male team spotted in Perth one in red shirt one in yellow. No cowboy hats were spotted. Luke has worn an all yellow shirt before (in Lombok) also with a cap on backwards. The photo in Israel airport counter with the cowboys also shows a tall fit man with an all yellow shirt and cap on backwards. Also Jeff often wears a redish/pink t-shirt.

Any thoughts?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
So, there is only 1 all girl team left! There was also one eye witness account that there was an all girl team spotted in Perth. Could this mean the blondes have made it to the final three  :duno:

This is pure spec but based on other sitings and whats happened so far in the show here is my final three prediction (in no particular order):

*  Sam and Renae
    Reason: evidence of 1 all girl team driving in car with camera crew in Perth.

* Anastasia and Chris
   Reason: evidence a m/f team in Perth in late 20s(?) male a bit taller and older than female. This could also be Dave and Kelly, however Dave is about the same height if not shorter and also a lot older looking. Odds would favour Anastasia and Chris as they are younger and fitter.

* Jeff and Luke
       Reason: only based on an all male team spotted in Perth one in red shirt one in yellow. No cowboy hats were spotted. Luke has worn an all yellow shirt before (in Lombok) also with a cap on backwards. The photo in Israel airport counter with the cowboys also shows a tall fit man with an all yellow shirt and cap on backwards. Also Jeff often wears a redish/pink t-shirt.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I have been thinking this since the start. We discussed it on the Facebook page as well. It makes sense!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2011, 07:02:55 AM »
Consider the possibility that some of the 3 teams mentioned are decoys and not the real F3.

Think about which teams have been consistently at the top in ARAus. That would be Tyler/Nathan and Matt/Tom. There are no guarantees that they made the F3, but I would be surprised if 3 out of the 4 weakest teams still in the competition made the F3.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »
But Chris/Bambi and Jeff/Luke aren't that weak either. Especially since we've seen first-to-last situations all the time, I'd say the spoiler is very plausible.

So, remember that big season preview they gave us at the start of the Vietnam episode? There's only one shot left we haven't seen yet -- Sam & Renae crying in an empty field with a couple of trees. Given the route is now known (Week 7 in Plzen, Week 8 in Krakow, Week 9 in Israel, Week 10 in Sri Lanka, Week 11 in Singapore, Week 12 in Perth), it's either from this week or next week. With the piece of arm on the right of the image, it looks to me like it's a Pit Stop shot with two teams there at the same time, and given they're definitely crying in the clip I'd say they were the last two teams, and whoever that arm belongs to is getting eliminated. It looks like the arm is too slender to be Dave or Kelly, we know the farmers are safe (seen in Israel booking a flight to Sri Lanka), and Perth spoilers suggest the final three are Sam/Renae, Jeff/Luke, and Chris/Bambi, it must mean Tyler & Nathan are the next team booted. Would it be possible to tell whether this pic is in Plzen or Krakow?

Here's my theory:

Week 7 - Plzen. NEL. Tyler/Nathan (now first) and Sam/Renae (now last) are in the same shot in the brewery clip, so either there's a full bunch somewhere, or more likely, Tyler/Nathan get Yielded/U-Turned and fall behind.
Week 8 - Krakow. Tyler/Nathan booted, possibly by MFE penalty?
Weeks 9/10 - Israel/Sri Lanka: One leg is a NEL, one is Dave/Kelly's boot.
Week 11 - Singapore: Farmers booted.
Week 12 - Perth: Finish line, final three teams are Jeff/Luke, Chris/Bambi, Sam/Renae.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
So all of this is based off an arm at the edge of a screen cap of S/R crying in an empty field? My guess would be that this shot is at a task in which the girls are struggling. The only solid thing is that M/T make it to Isreal. This race will probably still use decoys, so I can easily still see the girls being eliminated soon. These past episodes have been close calls for them.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
spoilers go in the SPOILER threads only please, and it is not necessary to post them in more than one place.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:52:20 AM by georgiapeach »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
Chris and Bambi and Dave and Kelly are not in the F3 apparently.

With evidence of one all-girl team driving in Perth and an all-male team in Yellow spotted...

I still can't believe it if Nathan and Tyler are eliminated next. HOWEVER, if they do come in last next leg (per preview) and has a 30 minutes Marked For Elim.. it could be possible.

And then this theory might afterall, make sense.. if Sam and Ranae are last to pitstop but due to the 30 minutes penalty, Nathan and Tyler are eliminated from the race?

Shocking.. but not impossible? :duno:

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
Chris and Bambi and Dave and Kelly are not in the F3 apparently.

With evidence of one all-girl team driving in Perth and an all-male team in Yellow spotted...

I still can't believe it if Nathan and Tyler are eliminated next. HOWEVER, if they do come in last next leg (per preview) and has a 30 minutes Marked For Elim.. it could be possible.

And then this theory might afterall, make sense.. if Sam and Ranae are last to pitstop but due to the 30 minutes penalty, Nathan and Tyler are eliminated from the race?

Shocking.. but not impossible? :duno:

Nathan & Tyler are safe...

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23636.msg622272.html#msg622272

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
Some thoughts founded on nothing in particular.

As per the promo that flashed all the country names, we know Singapore and Sri Lanka are left. We've already had the final 4 NEL, so where does Singapore fit in?

My theory is that Singapore is an interim final leg destination, like Hawaii in TAR 6. Teams will go here and do something, then fly to Perth to run the rest of the leg.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

As per the promo that flashed all the country names, we know Singapore and Sri Lanka are left. We've already had the final 4 NEL, so where does Singapore fit in?

My theory is that Singapore is an interim final leg destination, like Hawaii in TAR 6. Teams will go here and do something, then fly to Perth to run the rest of the leg.

But what about Egypt? Was channel 7 just making it up or what?  :duno:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »

Not sure where you got Egypt from apart from the non-specific title credits?

Coutzy: The finale will be Monday August 1, so my guess is a 1.5 or 2 hour episode. Therefore there may be 2 options:

1. The Sri Lankan leg is another NEL.
2. There is an elimination in Sri Lanka and Singapore is an excuse to do a quick task before Perth as you mentioned.

There is still a possible 1 more NEL according to the press kit. To have 2 in a row this close to the end would be silly but not impossible. Either that or they think a continuation leg is classed as a NEL?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »

Not sure where you got Egypt from apart from the non-specific title credits?

Coutzy: The finale will be Monday August 1, so my guess is a 1.5 or 2 hour episode. Therefore there may be 2 options:

1. The Sri Lankan leg is another NEL.
2. There is an elimination in Sri Lanka and Singapore is an excuse to do a quick task before Perth as you mentioned.

There is still a possible 1 more NEL according to the press kit. To have 2 in a row this close to the end would be silly but not impossible. Either that or they think a continuation leg is classed as a NEL?

I got Egypt from one of channel 7's ads. It mentioned all the countries visited, and Egypt was there  :duno:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2011, 12:04:27 AM »
AGAINST a Sri Lanka NEL:

The Road Block limit. Since they're limited to six each, that means there are twelve Road Blocks in total, and only two left -- with both the sewing in Sri Lanka and the tightrope in Singapore confirmed as Road Blocks. This leaves no Road Block in Perth.

On the two previous occasions an ActiveTV race has had back-to-back NELs, the first one has involved money-stripping rather than an MFE penalty. If Sri Lanka was a NEL, then in theory Sam/Renae would have been mugged.

FOR a Sri Lanka NEL:

News report that mentions Renae doing a tightrope task in Singapore says that IF she makes it through, they'll be racing in their hometown -- there's no IF about it if there's no elimination in Singapore.

Presskit mentions three non-eliminations, "each" with the MFE penalty -- Kutna Hora had no penalty, therefore is probably not one of the three NELs.

Seven's love of two-hour finales -- while the US didn't have one from TAR9 to TAR18, Australian viewers have had two hour finales in every season since TAR12 (although most seasons in that range had episodes burnt off in chunks of double episodes).

It's been tradition in final legs since TAR10 to either have no Detour or no Road Block, with only TAR12 deviating, which would mean the lack of one in Perth is irrelevant. (They could also be reinventing the two-RoadBlocks-in-one-leg twist from TAR16 by having two Detours in the same leg?

The presskit mentions a Yield appearing at some point in the race. It cannot be in the final leg, and I'm almost certain not even ActiveTV would put one in the F4 elimination.

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2011, 01:29:36 AM »
Can I ask a question

How do we know Singapore-Perth are two seperate legs, and not say one finale leg.

The final leg could be

Fly to Singapore from Colombo
Tightrope task
Any other possible task from TARA4 finale
Fly to Perth
Task there
Finish Line.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:57 AM »
Yes, that's what we're trying to figure out. It depends on whether the TBC counts as one leg or two. If it's one leg, Sri Lanka is a NEL and Singapore and Perth are Leg 11 and Leg 12 repsectively. If it's two, Sri Lanka is an elimination and Singapore and Perth are both part of Leg 12. Grant said at the start there were 12 legs in the race, and it's the first time the number has been mentioned in a season with a TBC, so we're not sure how they're counting it.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2011, 02:35:23 AM »
I'm confused. How can Sri Lanka be a NEL? Sam and Rene are marked for elimination, what would be the point for that if the Leg is a NEL?
IMO in Sri Lanka the last team is eliminated and the F3 go on to Singapore for a task or two before continuing to the Perth.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:18 AM »
I still maintain that the so called 'double-length' leg was in fact TWO legs with a penalty-less NEL in the middle. So scenario one is:

Leg 1: Lombok NEL
Leg 2: Ho Chi Minh and Hue
Leg 3: Hong Kong and Macau
Leg 4: Cape Town
Leg 5: Cape Town
Leg 6: Amsterdam, Prague and Kutna Hora (via Berlin) NEL - From the OFFICIAL App
Leg 7: Prague and Plzen
Leg 8: Poland
Leg 9: Israel
Leg 10: Israel NEL
Leg 11: Sri Lanka
Leg 12: Singapore and Perth

This satisfies 12 countries, 3 NELS and 12 legs stated by Richard in his Elimination Station video.

OR Scenario two:

Is Leg 7/8 was ONE leg and Leg 11 is Singapore followed by Leg 12 in Perth both airing on 1st August and the next leg also being a NEL

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:29 AM »
Next leg has to be elimination. Leg 12 is Singapore and Perth combined into a finale episode.. 90 minutes long. :lol: :)