Author Topic: The Amazing Race 18 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread  (Read 195319 times)

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
Re: The Amazing Race 18 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 04:17:10 AM »
Is Vienna confirmed? I would think Africa would come after India, assuming there are 5 continents...
I think so.  Flight Time & Big Easy got spotted there.

omg really? from where did u hear this?

Please read again.  :readtt: here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg579901.html#msg579901

hmmm i only see ft and big easy spotted in austria.. nt africa. haha :s
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
Best not to assume anything until proven ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »
Best not to assume anything until proven ;)

hmm peach, can i just ask, comparing the work from the day RFF started working on the spoilers, is this season the most difficult?
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
I only have been here since season 9...so you would have to ask the old timers! :lol:

Things have really changed with the advent of Twitter and FB posts. We almost NEVER used to have live info...it was all research, hours and hours of searching photo sites, and blogs, and trolling for the least mention of TAR somewhere.

Things are much more immediate now... and with all the info we have on this season, it hasn't been difficult at all! This is an enormous amount of info to work our way through, thank goodness we have some time.

The missing links will gradually fill in...this is what we do in the down time. :tup:

The race will be ending very soon, but the search is just beginning!! And all of Y'ALL will be helping, right??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 10:50:09 PM »
I only have been here since season 9...so you would have to ask the old timers! :lol:

Things have really changed with the advent of Twitter and FB posts. We almost NEVER used to have live info...it was all research, hours and hours of searching photo sites, and blogs, and trolling for the least mention of TAR somewhere.

Things are much more immediate now... and with all the info we have on this season, it hasn't been difficult at all! This is an enormous amount of info to work our way through, thank goodness we have some time.

The missing links will gradually fill in...this is what we do in the down time. :tup:

The race will be ending very soon, but the search is just beginning!! And all of Y'ALL will be helping, right??

Hahaha agreed! :) We got your back peach! haha!
Wow.. since season 9. That's like, close to 8 years already! MY GOD!! haha!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »

LOL, that's like 4 1/2 years ago..

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »

LOL, that's like 4 1/2 years ago..

LOL! oops. Pls dont kill me peach >< haha! too used to the 1 season = 1 year thing haha!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »
A logical time for completion of AR18 All-Stars is tomorrow. That would allow Phil to get to New York City for the CBS cast party held on the night of the finale and allow him to be available for the CBS Early Show on Monday to chat with the winners.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »
A logical time for completion of AR18 All-Stars is tomorrow. That would allow Phil to get to New York City for the CBS cast party held on the night of the finale and allow him to be available for the CBS Early Show on Monday to chat with the winners.

Which would probably mean the finale is in New York City.

Not necessarily. Most places in the eastern half of the United States are a 2-3 hour flight away from New York City. Phil could easily catch a flight late Saturday night or more likely Sunday morning and arrive well in advance of the cast party Sunday night.

I think it is unlikely that the final leg of TAR 18 will be in New York City.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »
I agree with Plaidmoon2. It is easy to get to NYC from Miami, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia or Boston. I don't think the finale will be in New York City, but this is just my speculation.

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2010, 06:15:24 PM »
I agree with Plaidmoon2. It is easy to get to NYC from Miami, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia or Boston. I don't think the finale will be in New York City, but this is just my speculation.

I don't think it will be in NYC either. Many fans of the race will know that everyone will be there for the finale party. Wouldn't it be too risky to send the contestants from this race there as well? It would spoil it for a lot of people who saw them.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
The finale will be somewhere where they can show off their HD equipment.

Today is now the 22nd day of filming, interesting.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
The finale will be somewhere where they can show off their HD equipment.

Today is now the 22nd day of filming, interesting.

Niagara Falls?

Do think TARA locatoin think it are

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
Will Gary/Mallory got enough time to appear in the Finale Party?

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Will Gary/Mallory got enough time to appear in the Finale Party?

I wouldn't bet on it. For one, they would not be the first team to miss the finale party of their own season (David/Mary & Dustin/Kandice also missed for Season 10). And even if their race was over, their appearance is no guarantee.  Again, back to Season 10, only the Top 3 teams were in New York that year (as several teams opted to stay warm/head to Los Angeles with many of those teams making the trip to NYC for the following All-Star season).

Finally, like D/M & D/K (for TAR11), Gary/Mallory will have the opportunity to make NYC in May, at which point if all goes well, people can ask them all the questions in terms of both TAR17 & TAR18.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:09 AM »
BTW, someone should correct the spelling of Sao Paulo on the timeline 1st entry. It's Paulo (with an U) not Paolo.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »
FWIW.......I got a coupon in my Arby's sack last night.......they are having a promo in conjunction with the ACM Awards......it says the show is April 3, 2011 @ 8pm ET.........
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »
FWIW.......I got a coupon in my Arby's sack last night.......they are having a promo in conjunction with the ACM Awards......it says the show is April 3, 2011 @ 8pm ET.........

That's what it shows on their website: http://www.acmcountry.com/awards/news.php
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2010, 07:17:02 AM »
This is kind of interesting, we've never had two back-to-back short legs before, or a final leg where Phil arrives the day before the teams. I'm not too sure about the Rio dates either. I might come back to confirm the timings when I have the time!

Leg
Phil
Teams
Comments
Sydney
22 Nov
22 Nov
First leg
Broken Hill
23 Nov
23 Nov
Short leg
Yokohama
24 Nov
25 Nov
-
Lijiang
27 Nov
28 Nov
Long leg
Kunming
29 Nov
29 Nov
Short leg
Kolkata
30 Nov
1 Dec
-
Varanasi
2 Dec
3 Dec
-
Vienna
5 Dec
6 Dec
Long leg
Liechtenstein
7 Dec
7 Dec
Short leg
Zermatt
8 Dec
8 Dec
Short leg
Rio de Janeiro
10 Dec
11 Dec
Long leg
Miami
12 Dec
13 Dec
Final leg
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:04:20 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2011, 11:53:42 PM »
ROUTE SUMMARY

EP03: Broken Hill, Australia to Tokyo, Japan via Sydney, Australia

Film Date: NOV 24-25
Air Date: MAR 6

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Travel by train to Sydney, Australia during Pit Stop (Indian Pacific, ARR 10:15 AM 11/24); teams released sequentially from train station
EVIDENCE: Sightings (Source 1), (Source 2), (Source 3), (Source 4),  (Photos 1), (Video 1), (Video 1 Caps), (Video 2), (Videos 3), (Video 4)
TIMING: Zev/Justin released apx 12:00pm; Herb/Nate released apx 12:10pm; Jet/Cord released apx 12:11pm; Margie/Luke released apx 12:12 pm; LaKisha/Jen released apx 12:13 pm; Mel and Mike released; Kent/Vyxsin released; Jamie/Cara released; Gary/Mallory released; Ron/Christina released apx 12:25pm (Source 1), (Source 2), (Zev/Justin at Pit Start)

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to SYD and fly to Tokyo, Japan
FLIGHT INFO: Teams aboard QF21 (DEP; ARR 6:13AM) (Gary/Mallory, Herb/Nate, LaKisha/Jen, Jet/Cord, Ron/Christina) and CX524 (DEP; ARR 7:32AM) (Zev/Justin, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Kent/Vyxsin, Mel/Mike) (Source 1), (Source 2), (Source 3), (Source 4)
EVIDENCE: Sightings at airport (Source 1), (Source 2), (Source 3), (Source 4), (Photo 1), (Photo 2), (Photo 3), (Photos 4 with Destination Confirmation), (Photo 5)
TIMING: Kent/Vyxsin, Margie/Luke, Zev/Justin, Jamie/Cara (and 1-2 other teams) spotted together at NRT (Source 1), (Source 2), (Source 3), (Source 4)

ROUTE INFO: Find Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine
EVIDENCE: Sighting of Jet/Cord, LaKisha/Jen, Kent/Vyxsin, Margie/Luke apx 1:30 pm 11/25 (Source), (Photos 1)

DETOUR?/ROADBLOCK?: Ritual with frigid waters of Mount Fuji
EVIDENCE: Press release (Source)

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER): Ron/Christina, Gary/Mallory, LaKisha/Jen, Jet/Cord, Zev/Justin, Kent/Vyxsin, Herb/Nate, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara
Possibly Eliminated: Mel/Mike

==================================================================================================

Would anyone have time to update this with the new RB, Detour info (tasks, who does what, where) and the identified locations? It would be a big help!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
Finished

EP04: Tokyo, Japan to Lijiang, China

Film Date: NOV 27-28
Air Date: MAR 13

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Fly to Kunming, China and travel by train to Lijiang
EVIDENCE: Ron/Christina, Gary/Mallory, and LaKisha/Jen spotted in Kunming airport (Source) (Photos); Jet/Cord spotted at Kinming airport apx 7:30pm (Photo); Gary/Mallory spotted on train (L9032/L9033) from Kunming to Lijiang arriving apx 5:38am 11/28 (Source); Jet/Cord spotted at train station (Source 1), (Source 2)
TIMING: Jaime/Cara and Jet/Cord on same train (Source)

ROUTE INFO: Travel to Lijiang Ancient City
EVIDENCE: Local information (Source); Production sightings (Photos), (Video); Zev/Justin spotted on Square Street (Photo), (Map) possibly in last place with no money or Express Pass (Source 1), (Source 2); Kent/Vyxsin spotted just north of Sifangjie Plaza on Square Street (Photos), (Map)

Route Info?: Lijiang Old Town, Puzzle task involving putting a slip of paper in a box
EVIDENCE: Tourist blog (Source), EVIDENCE: Witness (Source), Photo1 (http://www.shareapic.net/View-23970779-Amazing-Race-18-China-Sightings.html), Photo2 (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.msg577586.html#msg577586)

Roadblock: Spruce Meadow Naxi Custom- Wooden Wish Cards, Photo1 (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24849.0.html), Photo2 (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24849.25.html), Photo3 (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24849.125.html)

Route Info: Jade Dragon Mountain River Yak Task  Source (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24849.100.html), Photos (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24849.100.html)
Sighted: Cord, Mallory, Ron, Jamie, Justin

OTHER POSSIBLE DESTINATIONS: Stone Bridge? Food street?
EVIDENCE: Local sighting (Source)

PIT STOP: Wangu Pavilion; Kent/Vyxsin last (NEL - 30 minute penalty for non-first place finish?)
EVIDENCE: Local information (Source 1), (Source 2)

POST PIT STOP FUN?: Dancing with locals in Sifangjie Plaza
EVIDENCE: Photos from local informant (Photo), (Source)
PERFORMED BY: Ron/Christina (Source), (Map), Kisha/Jen, Source (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23690.600.html)

ALSO SPOTTED THIS LEG: Herb/Nate (Source 1) (Source 2); Margie/Luke (Source); Cara/Jaime (Source); Kent/Vyxsin (Source)

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER): Ron/Christina, Gary/Mallory, LaKisha/Jen, Jet/Cord, Zev/Justin, Kent/Vyxsin, Herb/Nate, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara
Possibly Eliminated: NEL

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:21:38 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2011, 06:53:15 AM »
I'm thinking along the lines, what if "Kent" and Vyxsin do something stupid to incur a 30-min pen?

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
are there any direct flight between Zermett & Rio
i remember that RFF has said they spotted Cowboys in Madrid
maybe that will be a connective flight

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
akextofu07,

As someone who has been to Zermatt, let me assure you that not only are there no airplanes allowed on the ground  anywhere near it, but cars are forbidden in Zermatt. this helps keep it a cute expensive resort town which is totally mountainous and has no extended flat spaces for things like runways. The closest really major airport is Zurich over 3 hours ( I could look it up, but it is not germane to my position) away. From Zurich, here are best flight options to Rio:

fly to Paris, connect to Rio (2 flight combinations)
fly to Sao Paulo, connect to Rio
fly to Frankfurt, connect to Rio
fly to Lisbon, connect to Rio

So, Madrid is not among the top options as a connecting point, although that does not mean that some AR18 teams did not use it. Maybe there were not enough seats on one of the better options. If you really have a desire to see these details, go to post#1 in the AR18 Primary Transportation Options thread.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
are there any direct flight between Zermett & Rio
i remember that RFF has said they spotted Cowboys in Madrid
maybe that will be a connective flight

That was in sucks actually if i remember correctly, the same doofus who said he spotted TK & Rachel...