Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?  (Read 65376 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:31 AM »
7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th - 1st: Anyone. :lol:

Is this the first time we're agreeing on something??????? :hearts: :lol:

I would love the F3 to be Brooke and Claire, Nat and Kat and Gary and Mallory!!!

Woohoo I agree too! Nice bootlist you have there Uycocoa. And yes, if only the Final 3 were Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat and Gary/Mallory. Michael/Kevin replacing Gary/Mallory would be good too. But well...

I thought that Jet and Cord had the winners' edit last season. But they didn't win, it went to Dan and Jordan whom I don't think many of us expected. Cos they didn't really have a winners' kinda edit. So for this season, it can really go to anyone. Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat and Jill/Thomas have all won legs and have all been very competitive. It's gonna be a very exciting finale!

It's possible for Jill and Thomas to win, but I'll be extremely bored. It's like... Having 2 all-female teams in the finale, yet none of them wins again (think TAR 11), that will be really... Ugh!

My gut says that Nat and Kat will win too. But the fact that so many people think so, they might not win in the end. Brook and Claire are edited "too much" (I don't know how to put it, but you could say that they've been getting quite a lot of positive edit) so I'm a bit doubtful that they win. That leaves us with Jill and Thomas... Ah, I really hope not.

Okay, after the long story, I still did not give a clear answer on who I think will win. I WANT Nat and Kat or Brook and Claire to win. But... Let me say Jill and Thomas. Oops.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 07:50:29 AM »
7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th - 1st: Anyone. :lol:

Is this the first time we're agreeing on something??????? :hearts: :lol:

I would love the F3 to be Brooke and Claire, Nat and Kat and Gary and Mallory!!!

That would be my F3 of choice too, but it looks as though G/M get tripped up somewhere unfortunately.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 07:56:25 AM »
I think that Nat/Kat are going to win because they get a really positive edit. They come across as smart and bold and their bad characteristics and mistakes are tuned down. And the all "we work at the operation room", "We are just as Strong as the guys" bulls*it - come on... those girls are anesthesiologists. I am not degrading their profession, but its about one of the less aggressive branches of medicine that are out there.

While the two other predicated F3 teams are actually stronger then them and are given some winners vibe, It seems that Nat/Kat are editors favs.

Jet and Cord were also the edit faves, yet they did not win because they were neither aggressive enough nor desperate enough.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 08:28:32 AM »
New topic...
Why does no one think Jill and Thomas will win? They've won two legs without Fast Forwarding.
Because they're boring? :lol:
I'd say because they don't have the edit for it.  Aside from a few snippets, they're mostly portrayed as "just there."  Those teams rarely win.
TK & Rachel anyone?
Anyway, I think Jill and Thomas are entertaining, especially Jill's voice. I just think they're aren't getting a very good edit.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 08:39:54 AM »
New topic...
Why does no one think Jill and Thomas will win? They've won two legs without Fast Forwarding.
I'd say because they don't have the edit for it.  Aside from a few snippets, they're mostly portrayed as "just there."  Those teams rarely win.
TK & Rachel anyone?
Anyway, I think Jill and Thomas are entertaining, especially Jill's voice. I just think they're aren't getting a very good edit.

Jill and Thomas just aren't as smart as the other two teams. They have equal physical abilities, but do not excel at mental tasks. Then again it would be hard to claim that either of the other two do either.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:04:09 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »
New topic...
TK & Rachel anyone?

Jill and Thomas just aren't as smart as the other two teams. They have equal physical abilities, but do not excel at mental tasks. Then again it would be hard to claim that either of the other two do either.

Yeah, but Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat do a better job in mental tasks than Jill & Thomas.

And personally, I wouldn't be upset with Brook & Claire winning -- I'm just rooting for Nat & Kat more.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »

Yeah, but Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat do a better job in mental tasks than Jill & Thomas.

And personally, I wouldn't be upset with Brook & Claire winning -- I'm just rooting for Nat & Kat more.

Belle Book

I definitely agree with both of those statements.

The final task is usually mental, so the question is who can complete it?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:42 PM »

Belle Book

I'm hoping it's Nat & Kat first, with Brook & Claire second and Jill & Thomas third.  But as I said before, I wouldn't be upset with Brook & Claire finishing it first.  I just don't want Jill & Thomas to finish it first, because I like the other two teams more.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »
And the fact that we want a first ever AllFemale team to win!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 07:11:51 PM »

Belle Book

I'm hoping it's Nat & Kat first, with Brook & Claire second and Jill & Thomas third.  But as I said before, I wouldn't be upset with Brook & Claire finishing it first.  I just don't want Jill & Thomas to finish it first, because I like the other two teams more.

Belle Book

I really don't think that the final memory task its a hard task anymore... i mean, i think its a great task, but since they are doing it every season has become predictable and all of the team are prepared to complete it fast...

Maybe except for TAR11 with the compatibility question about random facts of the race... and maybe TAR16 with the "Clandestick" thing i mean it was a silly clue after all and again the order of elimination was known by every team and memorized by every team... Don't take me wrong I love the memory task but its predictable now... its not a hard task anymore...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »

Belle Book

Belle Book

I really don't think that the final memory task its a hard task anymore... i mean, i think its a great task, but since they are doing it every season has become predictable and all of the team are prepared to complete it fast...

Maybe except for TAR11 with the compatibility question about random facts of the race... and maybe TAR16 with the "Clandestick" thing i mean it was a silly clue after all and again the order of elimination was known by every team and memorized by every team... Don't take me wrong I love the memory task but its predictable now... its not a hard task anymore...

But there are other mental tasks now, such as the virtual reality task.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 04:30:23 AM »
I hope our spoilers are wrong (sorry RFF) and instead, Jill and Thomas get booted before the F4. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »
I hope our spoilers are wrong (sorry RFF) and instead, Jill and Thomas get booted before the F4. :lol:

Count me in! :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 08:00:19 AM »
The spoilers have been wrong before, such as when Steve and Allie were spotted selling ice cream in Singapore after they had been eliminated on the previous leg. It is hard to refute that picture of Jill and Thomas running with the other two teams though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:32:06 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
The spoilers have been wrong before, such as when Steve and Allie were spotted selling ice cream in Singapore after they had been eliminated on the previous leg. It is hard to refute that picture of Jill and Thomas running with the other two teams though.

A source also reported that her moner had seen two women in grey selling ice cream. It was assumed that between the two, one were still in the race and the others were decoys.

I think any of the final 3 teams can win this. Racing wise, Thomas & Jill and Nat & Kat would appear to be favored just a bit over Brook & Claire as they are tied with 2 1st place finishes each. But when the final leg arrives, it's proven to be anybody's game.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 06:33:29 AM »
One question, please. IF there are no seeings about teams on the Final Three, how do we know that Nick and Vicky will be eliminated as 4th placers?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 06:39:27 AM »
One question, please. IF there are no seeings about teams on the Final Three, how do we know that Nick and Vicky will be eliminated as 4th placers?

We have sightings of them in Hong Kong and Korea...

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »

Count me in! :lol:

hah me too   :hfive:
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 03:40:39 AM »
I found they edit every winner cheer for their first destination or they're on amazing race before Ep1 intro start(except S16 winner,but they had interview before intro start).This season,Nat and Kat,Brook and Clarie had this,but Jill and Thomas not.So I think Jill and Thomas are not winner. Just guess.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:44:08 AM by weihen »

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 05:56:36 AM »
Hi all. I have not been active, but I just want to share my thoughts. Supposing Nat/Kat, Jill/Thomas, Brooke/Claire are indeed the final 3:

Jill/Thomas - Is it just me or am I seeing a Brent/Caite edit with their pair? Male/Female teams usually don't go rough with each other as much. And Jill/Thomas seem to fight in almost every episode. I don't think they'll win.
Brooke/Claire - No "bad luck" seen from them yet, no major bad luck. Edit-wise, they can at least be top 2.
Nat/Kat - They have been shown as "almost eliminated", and "bad luck with taxis". But the positive vibe we get from watching them makes me think that they'll win this.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14:52 AM »
Jill/Thomas are getting edited with a storyline like this, EVERY SINGLE TIME :res:

Jill: Oh, I can prove to him that no matter educational achievement I attained, I can still be a force in this team
Thomas: I am an educated person. I will dominate this team.

And the skit above is from (not in verbatim, only the idea) their pre-race confessional, which editors play again and again and again every single leg. Not putting this against the editors, but maybe that's the reason I don't like them (or, for goodness sake, the reason I like others than them), simply because they don't offer something fresh every leg.

Sorry for J/T fans out there! Peace be with y'all!  :hugs:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2010, 07:43:31 AM »
Jill/Thomas are getting edited with a storyline like this, EVERY SINGLE TIME :res:

Jill: Oh, I can prove to him that no matter educational achievement I attained, I can still be a force in this team
Thomas: I am an educated person. I will dominate this team.

And the skit above is from (not in verbatim, only the idea) their pre-race confessional, which editors play again and again and again every single leg. Not putting this against the editors, but maybe that's the reason I don't like them (or, for goodness sake, the reason I like others than them), simply because they don't offer something fresh every leg.

Sorry for J/T fans out there! Peace be with y'all!  :hugs:

I agree with you Uycocoa. The first time I heard Thomas talking about how educated he is, I was like... Whatever. It seems like they haven't shown much mental abilities on this race, with his education level, whatever it is. Well other than spotting the words on the film during the film Detour in leg 6. But most of the other teams figured that out anyway.

That said, I wonder if the edit of Nat and Kat makes it too obvious. They did well initially, hit some rough spots, overcame their fears, and are racing strong again. This seems like a nice storyline for the winners, but the fact that it's so progressive, it makes me worried that they do not win in the end. Hmm.

Of course, it's still anybody's guess for the winners. Please let this season be the first that we see an all-female team win!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »
Based on "Circus", J\T definitely are not mental enough to win. B\C and N\K are the teams to beat. N\K may be more steady than B\C, but the steady team does not usually win. N\K are correct that they now have a target on their backs, as Jet and Cord had last season by the time the final rolled around.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
I think we might finally be getting a all female team winning this year. (Hope so)
The edits on recent Elimination Stations, if that can be used as evidence seems to support it. Although, having Katie and Rachel nagging about the issue every other minute there, does help editors of Elim. Stations to include those scenes there.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 05:34:45 PM »
I hope we don't get the same surprise as we did last season: Planting into our minds that Jet & Cord (the crowd's favorite) will win the race, but Dan & Jordan beat them.

It was a surprising end.

This season, everyone's rooting for Natasha and Katia and Watermelons. So I have a feeling.... argh, nevermind. :'(

Dan & Jordan were deserving to win, so it's kinda ok that the cowboys lost... but if Jill & Thomas do win this race, UGH.