Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?  (Read 65377 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »
Gary\Mallory
Chad\Stephanie
Nick\Vicki
Jill\Thomas

Brooke\Claire
Nat\Kat

It basically comes down to the two FF teams. Which one will take the mil?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »
Well, I sure hope it's Nat & Kat -- you can tell from my avatar and the phrase underneath it -- but I'd be okay with Brook & Claire winning.  I agree with you, Prophet -- it's between them for the win and Jill & Thomas will be the losers.

Belle Book

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »
Nat and Kat or Brook and Claire shall win!   :jumpy:

Offline Ary

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »
any all female team, personally I want grey anatomy team win it, but I don't mind with Brook & Claire, this is the time TAR make history for all female team to win it (crossed finger) if another couple team  win it again, I think I will take a break watch TAR about 1 season.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:56 AM »
On one hand, people support either FF team, but their avatars speak volumes...  :innocent:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
One question, please. IF there are no seeings about teams on the Final Three, how do we know that Nick and Vicky will be eliminated as 4th placers?

We have sightings of them in Hong Kong and Korea...

My question is: Why do we think they're 4th and that they were not in the final? We have no seeings on the final...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
One question, please. IF there are no seeings about teams on the Final Three, how do we know that Nick and Vicky will be eliminated as 4th placers?

My question is: Why do we think they're 4th and that they were not in the final? We have no seeings on the final...

Nick and Vicki were seen in LAX hanging out with production rather than just racing. Do you really think they can win?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »

Here you go David!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21997.msg569919.html#msg569919
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »
If it came down to the two FF teams at the final mental task, both pitted in a race for the mil, which one is more likely to win out? N\K b\c of their slow but clean mental skills or B\C b\c of their emotionless task efficiency?  :duno:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »
If it came down to the two FF teams at the final mental task, both pitted in a race for the mil, which one is more likely to win out? N\K b\c of their slow but clean mental skills or B\C b\c of their emotionless task efficiency?  :duno:

I have no idea!  It could be either team!  As I said,  I'd prefer it to be Nat & Kat, however.

Belle Book

Offline CheyneTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th - 1st: Anyone. :lol:

Is this the first time we're agreeing on something??????? :hearts: :lol:

I would love the F3 to be Brooke and Claire, Nat and Kat and Gary and Mallory!!!

yes, I would agree to.

but I have my doubts with Gary/Mallory making it there :(

But I think it's going to be somewhat like this

6th- Chad/Stephanie
5th-Gary/Mallory
4th- Nick/Vicky
3rd- Jill/Thomas
2nd-Nat?Kat or Brook/Claire
1st- Nat/Kat or Brook/Claire
Currently trying to find a magnificent way to earn me a spot on The Amazing Race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Cheyne!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 12:58:24 AM »
It's nice that everyone thinks it will come down to Nat and Kat vs Brook and Claire at the end. Logically, I would think so too. Both teams have impressive racing skills, whereas Jill and Thomas just bicker all day. But viewers would get a rude shock if after all this speculation and hope, a couple still wins at the end. Ah I sure hope a female team takes it this season!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »
It's nice that everyone thinks it will come down to Nat and Kat vs Brook and Claire at the end. Logically, I would think so too. Both teams have impressive racing skills, whereas Jill and Thomas just bicker all day. But viewers would get a rude shock if after all this speculation and hope, a couple still wins at the end. Ah I sure hope a female team takes it this season!

The producers rigged this season with a high of four FF teams in order to force one to win so that they could receive good ratings. But believe it or not, I think either FF team left could win a normal season, being that I have never seen any FF teams like Nat\Kat and Brooke\Claire.

Offline Unlaced

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »

The producers rigged this season with a high of four FF teams in order to force one to win so that they could receive good ratings. But believe it or not, I think either FF team left could win a normal season, being that I have never seen any FF teams like Nat\Kat and Brooke\Claire.

That's funny. Since we never had 4 F/F teams in a season ( in the 15th, there was only ONE!!!!), then the producers were rigging the previous 16 seasons to a F/F team not win?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »

That's funny. Since we never had 4 F/F teams in a season ( in the 15th, there was only ONE!!!!), then the producers were rigging the previous 16 seasons to a F/F team not win?

Here are the numbers of FF teams according to each race:
TAR 1=3
TAR 2=3
TAR 3=1
TAR 4=2
TAR 5=3
TAR 6=2
TAR 7=2
TAR 9=3
TAR 10=3
TAR 11=2
TAR 12=3
TAR 13=2
TAR 14=3
TAR 15=1
TAR 16=2

So there has never been four FF teams in one race until now
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:54:05 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »

The producers rigged this season

The only way you could know that is if you were in the production casting meeting. Are you another WRP/CBS plant. We got rid of one of them already this year.

BTW.....my prediction for the final standings in a month.
1st Nat/Kat
2nd Jill/Thomas
3rd Brooke/Claire
4th Nick/Vicki
5th Chad/Stephanie
6th Gary/Mallory
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:30:13 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »

The only way you could know that is if you were in the production casting meeting. Are you another WRP/CBS plant. We got rid of one of them already this year.

You had a plant on here? Why did they plant somebody? Besides you took that quote out of context we were just talking about how the production is now casting in a different way than they used to. If I am from CBS what do you think I'm going to say, "sure they assigned me to watch this board" ? You would think you guys would want an inside source around.

How did you prove that the other person was a plant?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:09:15 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »

I wouldn't say the race was rigged....

I think it is more that they finally got enough interested and interesting F/F teams to put in the same race.  They have had some good F/F teams, but none with the strength, endurance and/or just shear determination of Nat & Kat or Brooke & Claire.

Kat was willing to power through eating meat after 22 yrs of being a vegetarian.  Claire ascended the rigging from the bridge even though she was clearly exhausted.  Nat took a lift ride even though frightened to tears.  I can't remember something for Brooke, but her sheer enthusiasm could motive almost any team.

I think the best F/F team before this might have been Jaime & Cara (of course this is certainly open for debate), however Jaime's lack of patience, especially with foreign languages, was a lot of their downfall.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 03:25:18 PM »

I think it is more that they finally got enough interested and interesting F/F teams to put in the same race.  They have had some good F/F teams, but none with the strength, endurance and/or just shear determination of Nat & Kat or Brooke & Claire.

Kat was willing to power through eating meat after 22 yrs of being a vegetarian.  Claire ascended the rigging from the bridge even though she was clearly exhausted.  Nat took a lift ride even though frightened to tears.  I can't remember something for Brooke, but her sheer enthusiasm could motive almost any team.

I think the best F/F team before this might have been Jaime & Cara (of course this is certainly open for debate), however Jaime's lack of patience, especially with foreign languages, was a lot of their downfall.

If you read my original post instead of drrox's misquote you would see that I thought those two teams could have won other seasons. I never actually meant rigged and wish I hadn't used that word now. I only think they may have put in an unusual amount of all female teams to help the probability. But again I do think these two are the best FF teams they have had.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
I agree, they stacked themselves, but I understand what you are saying when you say rigged, but yeah, they stacked it so that the chances of an all female team would win, for sure!

I know for a fact that the producers take fairness very seriously, but it doesn't hurt them to help their cause a little bit....I get what you are saying the-pr0phet :)

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »

If you read my original post instead of drrox's misquote you would see that I thought those two teams could have won other seasons. I never actually meant rigged and wish I hadn't used that word now. I only think they may have put in an unusual amount of all female teams to help the probability. But again I do think these two are the best FF teams they have had.

Actually, I was agreeing with you.   Not that it is was rigged, of course.  I think you just chose a word with an unfortuate connotation.  It is just that TAR has been around long enough that it has attracted more really strong F/F teams available for casting this year.  If you get good F/F teams, it makes sense to use them.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »

Here are the numbers of FF teams according to each race:
TAR 1=3
TAR 2=3
TAR 3=1
TAR 4=2
TAR 5=3
TAR 6=2
TAR 7=2
TAR 9=3
TAR 10=3
TAR 11=2
TAR 12=3
TAR 13=2
TAR 14=3
TAR 15=1
TAR 16=2

So there has never been four FF teams in one race until now
Wrong.

TAR1 = 3 (Kim & Leslie, Pat & Brenda, Nancy & Emily)
TAR2 = 3 (Deidre & Hillary, Peggy & Claire, Mary & Peach)
TAR3 = 2 (Gina & Sylvia, Heather & Eve)
TAR4 = 2 (Monica & Sheree, Tian & Jaree)
TAR5 = 3 (Charla & Mirna, Kami & Karli, Linda & Karen)
TAR6 = 2 (Meredith & Maria, Lena & Kristy)
TAR7 = 2 (Megan & Heidi, Debbie & Bianca)
TAR8 = 1 (Godlewski Family)
TAR9 = 3 (Lisa & Joni, Wanda & Desiree, Danielle & Dani)
TAR10 = 3 (Kellie & Jamie, Dustin & Kandice, Lyn & Karlyn)
TAR11 = 2 (Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice)
TAR12 = 3 (Kate & Pat, Marianna & Julia, Shana & Jennifer)
TAR13 = 2 (Marisa & Brooke, Kelly & Christy)
TAR14 = 3 (Christie & Jodi, Kisha & Jen, Jaime & Cara)
TAR15 = 1 (Maria & Tiffany)
TAR16 = 3 (Jody & Shannon, Monique & Shawne, Carol & Brandy)

And now . . .

TAR17 = 4 (Andie & Jenna, Katie & Rachel, Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »
I agree with Rob, I get it as well. Rigged is a charged word, with TAR there are so many intangibles that it would be hard to say that you could actually rig an all female team to win. One bad taxi driver can cause disaster as we've seen many times. Not being able to do a task like deciphering Morse code was a killer for Joe and Heidi but it's unknowable how another team would have handled it.

Let's disregard the "rigged" word and move on with the discussion. OK?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:46:19 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
the-pr0phet et al,

I only thing I know you mean is by the words you use. If it's not what you mean, then use the proper word. No one here is a mind reader.

I, personally, do not see any rigging or stacking this year. I do not think they set this TAR up for a female team to win. What I do see by looking at that list is the norm that TAR uses is 3 FF teams.....in this case, Nat/Kat, Brooke/Claire, and Katie/Rachel fit the norm. Even though Andie/Jenna are FF.....I really think to myself that they are certainly more unique than that...

Andie/Jenna is a unique storyline beside just being another FF team. Just as Peter/Sarah was more than being just a couple and Margie/Luke was more than just being a Parent/Child team. Sometime teams do just not fit in the "relationship" boxes.
Matthew 7:15