Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?  (Read 65380 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:18 AM »
Now that the season is about midway through, it's time to start speculating about this season's winner based on the evidence we have already gathered. We may not be able to exactly predict the winner, but we can certaily speculate based on who has not been spotted close to the end.
Since Gary and Mallory have not been spotted anywhere in Asia, the most likely winner is Brooke and Claire.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
Now that the season is about midway through, it's time to start speculating about this season's winner based on the evidence we have already gathered. We may not be able to exactly predict the winner, but we can certaily speculate based on who has not been spotted close to the end.
Since Gary and Mallory have not been spotted anywhere in Asia, the most likely winner is Brooke and Claire.

No one has been spotted during the Final Leg of the race, so that would still be a guess, I believe.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »

No one has been spotted during the Final Leg of the race, so that would still be a guess, I believe.

Hardly any team has ever been spotted on the final leg. Last season, Louis and Michael were spotted carrying a chest, yet they were not even competing for the 1 mil. I have my own theories about what types of teams are capable of winning the race, and I have combined these theories with RFF's evidence. My purpose in watching every season of the race is to discover who will win. The question is, who do you think will win TAR 17?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:39:08 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »
I'm going with Nat & Kat.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

Belle Book

Could you lend your reasoning behind this prediction? It seems that they are not aggressive enough to compete in the final to me.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »

Belle Book

Could you lend your reasoning behind this prediction? It seems that they are not aggressive enough to compete in the final to me.
Maybe they're not too aggressive, but they are still very efficient and seem to excel at keeping their cool. So far, their worse placings have been due mostly to bad taxi drivers, I'm certain Nat & Kat won't be making any tragic mistakes.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
Sure, they won't make enough mistakes to miss the final, but what about actually winning? Jet and Cord lost last year because they did not have the aggression Dan and Jordan did. When push comes to shove between Nat and Kat, Brooke and Claire, and Jill and Thomas, Brooke and Claire will win out.
The sunglasses task in Ghana is a perfect example. Can you tell me which team finished the task first and which team finished the task dead last? Brooke finished the task efficiently because she was aggressive. Kat was the last team member standing because she looked like a deer in headlights. Aggression combined with skill wins the race these days.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
I think and hope Nat&Kat will win the race... have my reasons...

· The fact that they are doctors its really something... Doctors are usually confident, smart, and most important if they make a mistake they need to fix it or will lead to a terrible conclusion.
· They surprise me on Norway. I mean one of them is afraid of heigh so they chose to the smart thing and do the FF what leads me to the next surprise they will not give to anything... I mean one of them haven't eat meat for years and still doing it only becasue they have to... I beliebe nothing will stop this team.
· They believe in each other and suport each other, know their strong and weak points and they are using that to move forward in the race...
· As doctors they need to have endurance to be in a hospital and its a really important fact in a race...

The only thing I could be worried about this team is the their taxi luck... or if the F/F team curse of TAR hit them and they are racing against a M/F team...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
Sure, they won't make enough mistakes to miss the final, but what about actually winning? Jet and Cord lost last year because they did not have the aggression Dan and Jordan did. When push comes to shove between Nat and Kat, Brooke and Claire, and Jill and Thomas, Brooke and Claire will win out.
The sunglasses task in Ghana is a perfect example. Can you tell me which team finished the task first and which team finished the task dead last? Brooke finished the task efficiently because she was aggressive. Kat was the last team member standing because she looked like a deer in headlights. Aggression combined with skill wins the race these days.
What aggressiveness? ??? Dan & Jordan won mostly because of the lead Dan got with the change to first class during the flight. Jet & Cord were by far more aggressive but that competitiveness wasn't enough to counter D&J's head start.

I think you are mis-attributing B&C's success in Ghana to aggression. They did the RB fast enough because they were in their element, unlike Nat & Kat who had a disadvantage at dealing with locals.

It could be that if push comes to shove Brook & Claire could overcome Nat & Kat, but I'm certain that the doctors would try to counter that by avoiding those kinds of situations.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
What aggressiveness? ??? Dan & Jordan won mostly because of the lead Dan got with the change to first class during the flight. Jet & Cord were by far more aggressive but that competitiveness wasn't enough to counter D&J's head start.

I think you are mis-attributing B&C's success in Ghana to aggression. They did the RB fast enough because they were in their element, unlike Nat & Kat who had a disadvantage at dealing with locals.

It could be that if push comes to shove Brook & Claire could overcome Nat & Kat, but I'm certain that the doctors would try to counter that by avoiding those kinds of situations.

Dan and Jordan's aggressiveness is what got them into first class in the first place. Had Jet and Cord been aggressive, they would not have sat at the virtual reality task long enough to let Brent and Caite catch all the way up to them and finish before actually finishing themselves. Perhpas aggression is not the best word to use. Perhaps desperation is a better word to use.
How do you know that the doctors will not allow themslves to be put in them type of situation? Here is something to remember: the editors can paint a team however they want to paint them. Since Connor and Jonathan were eliminated early on, the editors are trying to make Nat and Kat the fan favorite by making sure to show the doctors overcome their "fears" and appear nice. The editors have also painted Brooke and Claire as the mistake-rpone, goofy team that they may be. However, by doing this, they have also taken Brooke and Claire out of discussions regarding who will win the race. Open your eyes and don't be biased toward Nat and Kat.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
the aggression Dan and Jordan did.

I guess you watched another version of TAR16 than I did. I never saw Dan/Jordan as agressive at any time. To me there were pretty meek. I remember in the WWI episode their comment when Jet/Cord ran past them. One of them said......"Don't worry, we will pass them when it counts." And they did. That was a very bold move. It got them the lead they kept throughout the last leg. Good winners for Tar Fans. I like them when they won and still do.

The Ghana RB is not really a fair comparison between B/C and N/K. That's what Brooke does for a living...selling. I wonder if TAR had a RB where teams had to pass gas to a patient in surgery, just which team would rock that. Kat eating the smoked sheep's head was a pretty bold move too. I see a lot of similiarities between Dan/Jordan and Nat/Kat.....time will tell.

I just hate it when I have to post this twice....lol.......computer malfunction.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:37:05 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

Dan and Jordan's aggressiveness is what got them into first class in the first place. Had Jet and Cord been aggressive, they would not have sat at the virtual reality task long enough to let Brent and Caite catch all the way up to them and finish before actually finishing themselves. Perhpas aggression is not the best word to use. Perhaps desperation is a better word to use.
How do you know that the doctors will not allow themslves to be put in them type of situation? Here is something to remember: the editors can paint a team however they want to paint them. Since Connor and Jonathan were eliminated early on, the editors are trying to make Nat and Kat the fan favorite by making sure to show the doctors overcome their "fears" and appear nice. The editors have also painted Brooke and Claire as the mistake-rpone, goofy team that they may be. However, by doing this, they have also taken Brooke and Claire out of discussions regarding who will win the race. Open your eyes and don't be biased toward Nat and Kat.
I think that statement is false. As long as they're in the finale, anybody has a shot at winning. I already stated that I think both F/F teams have the same opportunity to win, however, it is not up to you to say who I should be biased towards or not. I'm leaning towards Nat & Kat due to personal preferences and the characteristics I stated on my previous post. Could it be that perhaps you are biased toward Brook & Claire or against Nat & Kat? (I take that based on how fervently you try to defend them).

I think we can all agree that both teams are competent, different and both have their advantages and disadvantages. You asked who we thought would win. I gave my opinion and my reasoning, so I hope you respect my point of view. :tup:
The story so far:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »
Well stated, Dånooky

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
I do respect your views Dånooky and obviously I will not change your mind so I will not continue to pointlessly argue.
I was not really defending B/C since I don't really care which of those three wins. It just seems we have different ways of analyzing the teams.
I do agree with at least one thing you said, that any of the three teams can win the final. We have seen teams who had never won before come through and win and teams that won seemingly every leg win. It is the hardest leg to predict.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »

Belle Book

It's mostly personal preference but I have some good reasons for thinking this way.  First, even if Kat wasn't very aggressive in the sunglasses Roadblock, she & Nat were aggressive enough to find tickets on an earlier flight to Kiruna in Frankfurt!  They were the ones to tell Brooke & Claire about those tickets, not the other way around!  Also, Kat was able to face the sheep's head despite being a vegetarian for 22 years!  What's more, they're doctors, which means they need endurance and are used to sleep deprivation.  Besides, Claire's done most of the hard Roadblocks.  In time, this might wear her out.  Nat & Kat haven't had that problem yet.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »
x
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:26:53 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
New topic...
Why does no one think Jill and Thomas will win? They've won two legs without Fast Forwarding.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
New topic...
Why does no one think Jill and Thomas will win? They've won two legs without Fast Forwarding.

Because they're boring? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »
I think that Nat/Kat are going to win because they get a really positive edit. They come across as smart and bold and their bad characteristics and mistakes are tuned down. And the all "we work at the operation room", "We are just as Strong as the guys" bulls*it - come on... those girls are anesthesiologists. I am not degrading their profession, but its about one of the less aggressive branches of medicine that are out there.

While the two other predicated F3 teams are actually stronger then them and are given some winners vibe, It seems that Nat/Kat are editors favs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
those girls are anesthesiologists. I am not degrading their profession, but its about one of the less aggressive branches of medicine that are out there.

Anethesia is one of the most challenging areas in medicine... You have to be hyperviligent every single second.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »
New topic...

How do you know? Do you know them?

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 01:59:59 AM »
New topic...

I'd say because they don't have the edit for it.  Aside from a few snippets, they're mostly portrayed as "just there."  Those teams rarely win.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:51 AM »
But then, TK and Rachel had such an edit too.

I don't believe in editing for TAR... Jet and Cord had a much more positive edit than the brothers. Although edit wise we do know which teams the editors are focusing on.

If you ask me, Freddy and Kendra got an edit worst than Jill and Thomas right now. If they can win, it sure certainly says Jill and Thomas can too.

IMO, I think Brooke and Claire are having a better edit than Nat and Kat. Half the time we see Brooke and Claire, they're so competitive, good spirited and bringing loads of joyful and memorable moments. If you ask me, i would think Nat and Kat are equally as boring as Jill and Thomas. It's just the fact that they're an all-female team who's nice to one another and race better than normal all-female teams, that is why we're all liking them better because we're biased. And for the record, i do like Nat and Kat better than Brooke and Claire.. but i wouldn't mind ANY one of these 2 winning because both truly deserved it based on their race performance so far.

From TAR 12 till now, almost every all-female team we had are just lagging behind and always doing so badly in the backpack every leg. Even with Cara and Jaime and Kisha and Jen who went all the way to the final 4, the two were also not performing very well with the more dominant teams overshadowing them such as Tammy and Victor and Margie and Luke. Hence i think it's really a nice change that we finally have not one, but TWO competitive all-female teams who are doing very well this season. And plus the fact that the other teams are equally competitive, you have an awesome race with unexpected race results. This is why TAR 17 is so much more fun and enjoyable to watch.

Which brings me back to the topic that - If you don't really follow the spoilers, you really do not know who will be eliminated next as an audience. But if you do, i think it's due time an all-female team win. :tup:

And my gut feeling says... Nat and Kat. :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 06:35:33 AM »
I'd love to get a race-order like this:

7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th -  Michael and Kevin / Gary and Mallory / Nick and Vicki
4th - Michael and Kevin / Gary and Mallory / Nick and Vicki
3rd - Michael and Kevin / Gary and Mallory / Nick and Vicki
2nd - Nat and Kat /  Brooke and Claire
1st - Nat and Kat /  Brooke and Claire

LOL. So many ties. :lol:

OR BETTER YET...

7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th - 1st: Anyone. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »
7th - Jill and Thomas
6th - Chad and Stephanie
5th - 1st: Anyone. :lol:

Is this the first time we're agreeing on something??????? :hearts: :lol:

I would love the F3 to be Brooke and Claire, Nat and Kat and Gary and Mallory!!!