Author Topic: Amazing Race finally going HD  (Read 11220 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race finally going HD
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 09:44:34 AM »
And spring there is when? Sorry, don't know much about the four seasons. :'(

Early next year 2011. Premiere probably in Feb?

Definitely after the Super Bowl.

No...NOT def after the Super Bowl unless you have an in with Production?? :groan: "I think/believe" works well.  Or the next thing you know I will be seeing "RFF says the premiere is after the Super Bowl"!! :lol:

The answer is we don't know. Could be the last Sun of Jan, could follow the SuperBowl, could be after.

Until CBS says...we do NOT know.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 09:50:35 AM »

No...NOT def after the Super Bowl unless you have an in with Production?? :groan: "I think/believe" works well.  Or the next thing you know I will be seeing "RFF says the premiere is after the Super Bowl"!! :lol:

The answer is we don't know. Could be the last Sun of Jan, could follow the SuperBowl, could be after.

I'monly thinking logically...
Every other season we must wait for football to go off in order for sixty wasted minutes to come on. However, on the second time around, no football.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »

Precisely. I was about to say February 13th on a Sunday, until i realised it's my birthday. :lol: Although i wouldn't mind a TAR premiere on my birthday again... :hearts:

It could very well be in Feb on any of the Sundays or even as peach said it, last Sunday of January. We don't really know until the next fall schedule for CBS comes out.

But anyway, we don't really have to wait long. I bet we're going to have a TAR 18 preview on the season finale of TAR 17.. just like the last time they gave us a small preview on the season finale of TAR 10. :)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
But anyway, we don't really have to wait long. I bet we're going to have a TAR 18 preview on the season finale of TAR 17.. just like the last time they gave us a small preview on the season finale of TAR 10. :)

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I miss these Seasons!  :( :( :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »
Thanks for the memories!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 12:03:10 AM »

I'monly thinking logically...
Every other season we must wait for football to go off in order for sixty wasted minutes to come on. However, on the second time around, no football.

CBS doesn't have the Super Bowl this year, FOX does. And Glee is airing after the game this year.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
I think some were trying to say after the date of the Super Bowl; but unless we're getting a 13-episode season (which hasn't happened since TAR 11) it's likely to be one of the last two Sundays in February, so the finale airs during the May sweeps.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 05:10:24 PM »
My guess is February 20, as the 13th is the Grammy Awards.  That way, we'll be looking at a May 15 finale due to a pre-emption for the ACM Awards.  However, look for a 2-hour episode sometime this season so that it can end on Mother's Day again (that's the only reason why TPTB would give us a 2-hour show).

That, and they need to get Survivor in (though it could still air a week later and still avoid the Memorial Day holiday). Whatever happens, my money is on 2/20/2011 but it [TAR18] won't be before the Super Bowl unless they can rebound from a two-week break.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on