The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race finally going HD

(1/7) > >>

RealityFreakWill:
Amazing Race in HD: it’s finally going to high definition

The Amazing Race will soon be filmed in high definition. Host Phil Keoghan recently told me that even he didn’t know why the show wasn’t in HD yet, saying “it makes sense for the show to be in HD.” Now, the network finally agrees.

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler confirmed the switch when she told The Hollywood Reporter’s magazine, “Yes, yes, yes. We are doing Amazing Race in HD next year. I just announced it, there you go.”

There are no additional details, such as whether this will apply to season 18, which will presumably debut in early 2011 but be filmed late this year, or if “next year” means that the first HD season will be filmed next year, which means the show would debut in HD next fall. I hope it’s the former.

That CBS has finally decided to spend money on high definition—two years after Survivor made the switch—for its other major reality competition series will finally end the show’s increasingly ridiculous excuses for not being in HD. Whale Wars, Deadliest Catch, and Survivor can film in HD in their respective harsh environments, and now, so will The Amazing Race.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_18/2010_Nov_02_hd

Jobby:
This is great news, not becase TAR will be in HD but because this means there's going to be many more TAR seasons to come with the switch to HD! :lol: :hearts:

TARAsia Fan:
Notice who announced it? Nina Tassler. She's a tough woman. Did you know Nina likes to slaughter her own chickens before eating them raw? Yes, she's that tough.

But seriously, this is great news. Seeing TAR in 21st century, crystal clear high definition instead of 20th century standard def is welcomed on this end.

The next step for TAR is to produce it in 3-D!  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasLady:
This is GREAT news! I hope Season 18 is HD.  :hearts:

I didn't know she kills her own chickens and eats them RAW!  :ascared  

MamaT:
I was just coming here to post the news. I'm not surprised that someone beat me to it!  :lol:

This is GREAT news!!  As others have mentioned, this means that not only do we get to watch the best show on TV in HD, but it basically assures us that TAR is going to be around for a while.  :hearts: :hearts:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version