Author Topic: TARA 4 EP 7 Episode and EP 8 Show Discussion (Australia) **SPOILERS**  (Read 32420 times)

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TARA 4 EP 7 Episode and EP 8 Show Discussion (Australia) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
...they had to pick up campervans @ QT airport and get their next clue from QT events centre.
On Monday they did something at coronet peak and then had a goal kicking/rugby challenge with some All Blacks and children before finishing up with a pitstop. Unsure if this was an elimination stop but 6 teams started Tuesday, they had to do a sheep mustering challenge and something else, then post a letter at the post office to get their next clue to head to the airport and onto Sydney.
...I believe there was only a 30min gap between all the teams arrivals in Sydney) .Once they arrived at Sydney they had to find Circular Quay & find a man with a brolly for their next clue, thats as far as I know...

1st team was a couple of American (i think) dudes, the chicks in 2nd, a well spoken Asian couple was 3rd, only caught a glimpse of 4th & 5th but last place was two Asian girls who seemed to be struggling and didn't seem to be great with English. I also know the team that came into town 5th had some troubles, drove the wrong way down the main street, got stuck panic'd etc and ended up trying to do a u-turn on the main street and had to get help from a local to get the campervan off the main street, so they were penalized for allowing someone else to drive their car as well as for breaking the law by driving down the main street so they would have been struggling to stay in it.

This is the post I was referring to. I think this hasn't happened. We haven't seen penalties for the 5th team (pardon me, it's not the last team who was penalized, but rather, the 5th team).

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:06 AM »
I really loved this leg. First, I was laughing at the teams ski (or attempt to). Ethan and Khairie and Sunaina and Dimple were so funny doing it! Then there was the sheep Detour... I couldn't stop laughing when Ethan actually said to the sheep, "You, come here!" LOL!!!

Three cheers for Jess and Lani! They did so well this leg and I'm really happy for them. They started the race at the back of the pack, slowly got the hang of it, and led this leg. I just really love their positive energy on the race, how they're always so happy and excited about everything. They remind me of Brook and Claire, just not as competitive. The only bummer for this leg was that it was a TBC. I would really have loved to see Jess and Lani win a leg... =( But I saw the TBC coming, when the episode was ending yet teams weren't shown checking in yet. Oh well... I hope that Jess and Lani will have their turn at first place for real!

I'm not sure I'm liking Ethan and Khairie too much now. Perhaps Sunaina and Dimple are not getting along well with the other teams. But the former didn't have to laugh at them crashing into the pole at the ski task. Hmm. I don't know, but Ethan and Khairie seem to be getting the Nick and Starr edit. They have their sneaky, evil ways, but are still really popular. I still think they'll win but seeing that they're so evil, I'd rather have the Richards win. Yes, these guys are competitive and could make the show boring by winning many legs. But at least they're doing their own thing and haven't really done anything annoying or evil. Just my two cents' worth.

I must say that this was an exciting leg though. The 4 teams trailing were all so close to one another. The TBC saved Hussein and Natasha, otherwise they'd have been eliminated straightaway. I must say, the Roadblock's really hard. It's like the one in TAR 8. Kudos to everyone who did it! Hee.

Jess and Lani, Michelle and Claire for first place soon!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »
I really loved this leg. First, I was laughing at the teams ski (or attempt to). Ethan and Khairie and Sunaina and Dimple were so funny doing it! Then there was the sheep Detour... I couldn't stop laughing when Ethan actually said to the sheep, "You, come here!" LOL!!!

Three cheers for Jess and Lani! They did so well this leg and I'm really happy for them. They started the race at the back of the pack, slowly got the hang of it, and led this leg. I just really love their positive energy on the race, how they're always so happy and excited about everything. They remind me of Brook and Claire, just not as competitive. The only bummer for this leg was that it was a TBC. I would really have loved to see Jess and Lani win a leg... =( But I saw the TBC coming, when the episode was ending yet teams weren't shown checking in yet. Oh well... I hope that Jess and Lani will have their turn at first place for real!

I'm not sure I'm liking Ethan and Khairie too much now. Perhaps Sunaina and Dimple are not getting along well with the other teams. But the former didn't have to laugh at them crashing into the pole at the ski task. Hmm. I don't know, but Ethan and Khairie seem to be getting the Nick and Starr edit. They have their sneaky, evil ways, but are still really popular. I still think they'll win but seeing that they're so evil, I'd rather have the Richards win. Yes, these guys are competitive and could make the show boring by winning many legs. But at least they're doing their own thing and haven't really done anything annoying or evil. Just my two cents' worth.

I must say that this was an exciting leg though. The 4 teams trailing were all so close to one another. The TBC saved Hussein and Natasha, otherwise they'd have been eliminated straightaway. I must say, the Roadblock's really hard. It's like the one in TAR 8. Kudos to everyone who did it! Hee.

I must say that I somehow agree with your observations. I am starting to get annoyed at the Malaysin team. The Nick & Starr "evil" edit for me goes more to Jess and Lani, in the sense that their comments about the other teams are ruthless, albeit being hilarious at the same time. They seem to say honestly what they think of other groups.

As for Ethan and Khairie, I have this inkling that they might just not  make it to the finals, with Michelle and Claire taking their spot instead.

Would we see another intersection this leg (as seen with the photos of Team Malaysia and Team Singapore working together? Or is this just a case of two teams helping each other out?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 09:34:07 PM »

I must say that I somehow agree with your observations. I am starting to get annoyed at the Malaysin team. The Nick & Starr "evil" edit for me goes more to Jess and Lani, in the sense that their comments about the other teams are ruthless, albeit being hilarious at the same time. They seem to say honestly what they think of other groups.

As for Ethan and Khairie, I have this inkling that they might just not  make it to the finals, with Michelle and Claire taking their spot instead.

Would we see another intersection this leg (as seen with the photos of Team Malaysia and Team Singapore working together? Or is this just a case of two teams helping each other out?

I'm just rooting for Michelle and Claire. Singapore all-female teams made it 7th and 4th place in 1st and 3rd season. Michelle and Claire needs to make it to top 3!! :lol: :hearts:

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I make Amazing Race SIMS Version Videos!!
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 05:36:16 AM »

I'm just rooting for Michelle and Claire. Singapore all-female teams made it 7th and 4th place in 1st and 3rd season. Michelle and Claire needs to make it to top 3!! :lol: :hearts:

Even though I'm from the Philippines I'm also rooting for Michelle & Claire, I have a knack on supporting very  young teams. Obviously I'm also rooting for The Richards and Jess & Lani! With the 2 Hour Lead I hope those 2 teams keep their lead.  Do you think the bug eating task is a roadblock? because I guess not because I think the roadblock is the car driving thingy..
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
Loved the Hilton task!!! So sneaky how they planned the leg to fall on a Tuesday night!! They are smart - i mean who in sydney wouldn't realise it is TAR and try and spoil it  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
Loved the Hilton task!!! So sneaky how they planned the leg to fall on a Tuesday night!! They are smart - i mean who in sydney wouldn't realise it is TAR and try and spoil it  :lol:

Precisely!! :lol3:

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »

Even though I'm from the Philippines I'm also rooting for Michelle & Claire, I have a knack on supporting very  young teams. Obviously I'm also rooting for The Richards and Jess & Lani! With the 2 Hour Lead I hope those 2 teams keep their lead.  Do you think the bug eating task is a roadblock? because I guess not because I think the roadblock is the car driving thingy..

Yeah me as well.

I hate the Malaysians this episode.

They laughed when Sunanina and Dimple crashed on the skiis (especially when one crashed on a pole), I mean people could be hurt like that.

And the fat one tries to be funny all the time and failing miserably.

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »
It seems like both TAR and TARA detectives had trouble in uncovering the finale, as no one knows who will win. For this episode, I think the one I posted before might be the order of finish:
1. Richards
2. Jess/Lani
3. Hussein/Natasha
4. Ethan/Khairie
5. Sunaina/Dimple
6. Michelle/Claire

Will we see a second intersection this time around?

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 10:53:04 PM »
hey everyone episode 8 preview is on youtube here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9H6pe1oB4

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:23:57 PM by georgiapeach »
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »
Thanks so much ready2rock!!

and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :barf
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Thanks so much ready2rock!!

and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :barf

welcome...but what is that ewwwww for...r u trying to make fun of me :(
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
No sweetie, the ewwww is for what they are eating in the promo! GRUB!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 10:50:29 PM »
I think Richard and Richard emilinatd this leg .Their look in interview feel so sad.

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »
So did Hussein & Natasha...
I guess the Richards were sad because they were not first?
"I heard you're dad went into a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they have to close the restaurant" -Ralph Wiggum

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 10:00:37 AM »
LOL. If you notice their confessionals, they're always sad.  :lol:

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
LOL. If you notice their confessionals, they're always sad.  :lol:

Yeah. even if they commit just one mistake and still manage to get first on the mat they're still sad.

:meow:

Offline jps0228

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 02:12:00 AM »
I think there is no bunching the next "leg"

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 05:14:09 AM »
I think there is no bunching the next "leg"

Quite possible, but on the contrary, I think at some point, there will an "hours of operation" which can affect the teams, as we saw how Richards, Jess/Lani, Michelle/Claire were seen together in the bug-eating

Offline Ary

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »
well those Philippine girls really perfect in leg 7, no mistake at all, looks like they are the dark horse in this season.

next leg, Indonesia (yes, the preview shown Rupiah --> currency in Indonesia), I think I know where is the graveyard & then after that maybe they go to Lombok.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 08:55:30 AM »
I think next leg is Jakarta, but it's a NEL. Then next leg will be in Lombok where Hussein & Natasha were spotted.

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »
I think next leg is Jakarta, but it's a NEL. Then next leg will be in Lombok where Hussein & Natasha were spotted.

Oh, there's a preview already? I didn't see it.
How do you know that it's NEL? I think this time it will nbe an elimination leg, with NEL at final 4.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 09:08:38 AM »

Oh, there's a preview already? I didn't see it.
How do you know that it's NEL? I think this time it will nbe an elimination leg, with NEL at final 4.

No preview yet, but I just saw it on Wikipedia and I know Wikipedia is NOT a very reliable source.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
Jess and Lani, even though they were meh during the first part of the race but I loved them after the Philippine leg, and they won this leg! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
episode 8 recap's up
http://www.calvinshub.com/2010/11/the-amazing-race-asia-4-episode-8/

loved this leg. there was a lot of driving and i think this helped jess and lani a lot. they were near flawless on this leg. Go Philippines!

too bad for dimple and sunaina though. they got lost a lot on this leg.

anybody managed to catch the play where they did the detour? where the aborigines are?

Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.