Author Topic: TAR Australia: SPOILERS and LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 164454 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Promo 6:

I adore these ladies already!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Fwiw, The ladies are rapelling down light tower number 4 at the MCG.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Translate MCG please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Melbourne Cricket Ground. The starting line.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
OH, I hadn't been introduced properly. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
I saw Ann-Marie & Tracy's ad on TV last night.

I willl be watching Desperate Housewives later tonight, so if there are any new promos that we haven't yet seen, I will let you guys know.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
No Philippines. Green and gold flags are in the background of all the other Vietnam clips, and also of the shot of Anne-Marie and Tracy at the ox task. I'd say they're in Vung Tau, where the ox-leading task happened in TAR Israel.

ETA: Which clip is the archery in?

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie
And apparently a new promo of Alana and Mel are out showing them reading a clue, sending them to Cape Town, South Africa which means David and Kelly - our Married Bikers - really must be the first team Eliminated from the race based on sightings and promo videos...

Here is that video confirming mel/alana not eliminated, but bikers not eliminated either
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:49:23 AM by the_insider »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
So Vietnam leg is Ho Chi Minh City (for '30 minutes') and then straight to Hue, it seems!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Let's all be very very careful about speculating any eliminations from these videos. As we all know, NOT SEEN does NOT mean eliminated.

Also we don't even have the route 100% so be cautious, okay??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
But WOW! It is a feast of info! Here are the Clue Opening caps! I looked for good backgrounds and watches too.  :snicker:

I think if someone has time to add to each one the cap#/the team name/the location (and whether spec or sure)/and the VOICEOVER about where they are going that it will help us enormously. I'll give you the thumbnails caps links to use.

Do we know where the host is in the last caps?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thumbnail links to use for a summary:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
What are the bikers saying in Cap 20?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I think they say Toolamba, but that is a small town in Victoria about 2 hours away from Melbourne, so I have no idea why!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I think they say Toolamba, but that is a small town in Victoria about 2 hours away from Melbourne, so I have no idea why!!!

They say, "Fly to Lombok" meaning our first destination Lombok (Bali), Indonesia :)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ah, there we go! Now were on track! So 9 teams make South Africa...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Peach, here is what I think is going on in each cap. It's listed by team/location/sound. Anything with a question mark is unknown or I'm not sure of. Note the "rip sound" refers to the "rip" sound made as the clue is being opened.

Caps:
1: Sam & Renae/ St Pauls Ruins in Macau/Rip sound. They don’t say anything but it should be “Fly to South Africa”.
2 & 3: Luke & Jeff/??/Rip sound
4: ?
5: Mel & Alana or Sam & Renae/??/ Rip sound
6: ?
7: Dave & Kelly/ MCG (start line)/Rip sound, Should say “Fly to Lombok.”
8: Alana & Mel/??/ “Fly to Cape town.”
9: Sam & Renae?/??/Rip sound
10:  Joey & Richard?/??/Rip Sound
11: Kelly & Dave/ St Pauls Ruins, Macau/ “Fly to South Africa”
12: Anastasia & Chris/ Indonesia/??
13: Joey & Richard/ St Pauls Ruins, Macau/ “Fly to South Africa”
14: Anastasia & Chris/ MCG (start line)/ Should say “Fly to Lombok, Indonesia.”
15: Anne-Marie & Tracey/ Vietnam Pit start??/ “Fly to Hong Kong”
16: Matt & Tom?/??/??
17: Sam & Renae/ St Pauls Ruins, Macau/ “Fly to South Africa”
18: Ryot & Liberty/ Indonesia Pit start??/ “Fly to Vietnam”
19: Alana & Mel/ Indonesia Pit start??/ “Fly to Vietnam”
20: Dave & Kelly/ MCG (start line)/ “Fly to Lombok.”
21: Jeff & Luke/ ??/ ??
22 & 23: Dave/ Vietnam??/??
24: Jeff & Luke??/ Saigon Opera House??/??
25-28: Alana & Mel/Saigon Opera House??/ Rip sound, ”Another flight. Taxi!”
29-30: Anne-Marie & Tracy/Vietnam??/Voiceover: “We’d been in the city for about 30 mins and we’re flying out again”
31: ??/??/Voiceover: “We’d been in the city for about 30 mins and we’re flying out again”
32-33: Nathan & Tyler/Taxi/Voiceover: “We’d been in the city for about 30 mins and we’re flying out again”
34: Alana & Mel/ Confessionals/ We’d been in the city for about 30 mins and we’re flying out again”
35-36: Matt & Tom??/Vietnam??/??
38: Grant/??/“Nearly 50000 Km, across Africa, Europe, Asia & the Middle East. 11 unforgetable Aussie teams will race around the planet”
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:00:58 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That's what I wanted!! :jumpy:

Just quote my post with the thumbnails, you will see the code, the NUMBER refers to the code in front of it.  Copy/paste!!
If you run into probs, PM me and I will do it later.

This will help a LOT!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ok another evidence that there is a start line task (and MAYBE an elimination - this is pure spec!!) the fly to lombok clue is not being read in the MCG it is near the rappelling/climbing task stuff/

maybe there was a start line elim and then non-elim at the end of leg 1 - tar 15 style?

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ok another evidence that there is a start line task (and MAYBE an elimination - this is pure spec!!) the fly to lombok clue is not being read in the MCG it is near the rappelling/climbing task stuff/

maybe there was a start line elim and then non-elim at the end of leg 1 - tar 15 style?

There seems to be a starting line task, but I don't think there is room for an elimination there. We saw there were only 11 teams in November with the photo of teams in the MCG and we have evidence of everyone at least making it to Indonesia. I don't think it's physically possible. There possibly could be a team that got some kind of penalty though, like the automatic U-turn in TAR18. There's really no way we will know until we see a media release with something on it or until the show airs.  :duno:

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie

There seems to be a starting line task, but I don't think there is room for an elimination there. We saw there were only 11 teams in November with the photo of teams in the MCG and we have evidence of everyone at least making it to Indonesia. I don't think it's physically possible. There possibly could be a team that got some kind of penalty though, like the automatic U-turn in TAR18. There's really no way we will know until we see a media release with something on it or until the show airs.  :duno:

I agree it is doubtful it is an elimination. One thing against there being some penalty associated with a start line rappelling task is that I would expect that not all teams could do this task simultaneously (there would be a limited number of saftey personnel/ropes etc), and given its a pretty short distance between the middle of the MCG and the tower, basically the slowest runners would be last to complete the task as they would be last to attempt it. Perhaps its a fast forward and only some are attempting it?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Hey guys!

About 5-10 minutes ago, about halfway through Deal or No Deal, there was yet another promo, and this one focussed primarily on Chris & Anastasia, the dating couple. The promo shows them bickering, as well as them doing one task, in which Chris is pouring a bucketful of some red fluid into a funnel-shaped object. Chris says something along the lines of, "They don't make women like they used to." Then Grant does his usual "11 unforgetable Aussie teams" routine.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
Trying to load pics - but I think Grant (in Cap #69) is standing on the wall of the the archeological site of Masada near the Dead Sea in Israel. Will try to load pics now

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
This is the sea located near the site - and is also VERY similar to the one behind Grant

This is a pic of the wall at the site - again similar to the one he looks to be standing on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Good eye Heather! Thumbnail>>click-click

Of course...Masada is a dirty word here. The first person who posts a pic of a certain cluebox inside Masada gets banned for a week of Sundays.    :snicker:
RFF's Golden Rule: