Author Topic: TAR Australia: SPOILERS and LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 164452 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A blog find:

Another kind of funny thing that happened while there was the TV show the Amazing Race had the island as one of the stops. Originally walking by and seeing the elaborate set I asked and they said it was a corporate video, but I asked one of the local carriage drivers dressed in traditional garb rather than the usual surf T-shirt who was part of the transport and he said it was for the amazing race. Seeing a couple teams of two along with a camera men in toe walking back to town I think confirmed it (Inside info for Vegas bets anyone). I am just wondering how they are going to edit out all the white people walking around from their helicopter shots.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
A blog find:

Another kind of funny thing that happened while there was the TV show the Amazing Race had the island as one of the stops. Originally walking by and seeing the elaborate set I asked and they said it was a corporate video, but I asked one of the local carriage drivers dressed in traditional garb rather than the usual surf T-shirt who was part of the transport and he said it was for the amazing race. Seeing a couple teams of two along with a camera men in toe walking back to town I think confirmed it (Inside info for Vegas bets anyone). I am just wondering how they are going to edit out all the white people walking around from their helicopter shots.
Is this for Bali?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yes. Gili Island.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

2 separate facebook postings:

just seen the Amazing Race at the Cape Town airport :-))
3 hours ago

At the airport and the Ozi version of the Amazing Race just came rushing thru the domestic side. Probably gona see them on tv in a few months.
4 hours ago

Offline caper

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

Another Facebook posting:

So im havin a lunch meeting at Den Anker restaurant at the V&A when people with rugsacks start appearing and running round like crazy mothas cause it 33degrees outside.. it turns out theyre doin a leg of the amazing race.. SECOND TIME AROUND for CAPE TOWN.. THE MOTHER CITY ROCKS!!!
58mins ago

Offline danoy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • ETTAMOGAH PUB
tahnks Bayan for posting!!
forgive, move on, let go and diet

Offline caper

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
  Hey Peach, your inbox is full!!!!

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
So this would mean Leg 4 in Johannesburg, Leg 5 in Cape Town. 
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
  Hey Peach, your inbox is full!!!!

I'm working on it...but I have an email too. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline caper

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Sorry ---- posted this in spec . by error!!! Still kinda new at this! :groan:
twitter post: On the first shootin scene of amazing race Australia
I've looked at images of Rhodes Memorial and it matches this pic!!! So, Rhodes Memorial = Pitstop!!!

Offline caper

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
facebook post:

The Waterfront is ALIVE today,what an awesome buzz,been watching the Australian Amazing race being filmed - totally messed up my 15 minutes of fame though!!!
3 hours ago
(

Offline caper

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Facebook post: Wow saw the amazing race set up today at rhodes memorial. . Haha go0d times.
2 hours ago

response to same: they at atlantis as well

Offline batchick

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi May be way off beam, but I have just seen TAR flags up in Cape Town. I spotted them two years ago at Rhodes Memorial and it turned out to be TAR Israel.
This time, almost two years to the day, exactly the same flags (which you guys said were too big for US TAR at the time) at the same spot
Think this tracks back to the either posting with photo - it looks the same, so didn't reshoot
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=17852.0

Any ideas?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hi May be way off beam, but I have just seen TAR flags up in Cape Town. I spotted them two years ago at Rhodes Memorial and it turned out to be TAR Israel.
This time, almost two years to the day, exactly the same flags (which you guys said were too big for US TAR at the time) at the same spot
Think this tracks back to the either posting with photo - it looks the same, so didn't reshoot
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=17852.0

Any ideas?

Hi batchick...
Its TAR Australia - you can follow the spoilers here...
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

You've now seen 2 different TARs - most of us have never seen 1!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Alantias is sand dune rember the amazing race Asia 2

Offline batchick

• RFF Not So Newbie

Hi batchick...
Its TAR Australia - you can follow the spoilers here...
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

You've now seen 2 different TARs - most of us have never seen 1!

Thanks for the info. TAR Australia? Well, Cape Town won't be much of a surprise - Australia is so full of ex-South Africans, I'm sure at least one team will be coming home.
I was stuck in traffic driving home, gazing into all the cars trying to see  people crammed into a car with a camera man and sound guy. Am very lucky to have seen two, just no teams yet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Welcome back batchick!! Come and play!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Looks like they did some bungi jumping!

"Bloukrans Bridge was the next stop on our journey. This is the home of the world’s highest commercial bungee (216 m)! When we arrived, we discovered that the Amazing Race Australia was being filmed there, so we had to wait until all of the teams had shown up and finished."

This is in West Cape, between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. Not sure of the date of this need to confirm.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting. The teams on TAR Israel bungy'd from the Bloukrans Bridge, went sandboarding at the Atlantis Dunes, went to the V&A waterfront, and had a Pit Stop at the Rhodes Memorial. Is it possible Active TV could just be repeating the same leg/tasks? They did TAR Israel as well.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The TAR franchises can take advantage of the contacts and experience of the others...explains why they could get this up and running so quickly!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
They went to Macau and Hong Kong as well...this better not be one big recycling fest  :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They went to Macau and Hong Kong as well...this better not be one big recycling fest  :lol:

I bet the Roadblock's gonna be a Bungee Jump/Climb/Rappel at the Macau Tower... :lol:

No seriously, don't. :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ok did some detective work and gathered some information. Will add to timeline asap.

Teams were spotted at CAPE TOWN domestic airport on MONDAY
Another sighting of the mat at RHODES MEMORIAL

People keep saying Cape Town was the FINAL stop...I'm confused.
MORE info coming. I'll keep you posted

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Ok did some detective work and gathered some information. Will add to timeline asap.

Teams were spotted at CAPE TOWN domestic airport on MONDAY
Another sighting of the mat at RHODES MEMORIAL

People keep saying Cape Town was the FINAL stop...I'm confused.
MORE info coming. I'll keep you posted

I have reason to believe teams are in Europe at the moment  :angel. And obviously it doesn't make sense for the race to end in Cape Town.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Exactly my thoughts Coutzy. The pitstop pic of Cape town posted Evening of 15th. Even with a 14 hour pitstop and flights teams should be somewhere new right about now