Author Topic: TAR Australia: SPOILERS and LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 164497 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome: billy bob!

You can follow all the details here in the Timeline/Spoiler summary:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23657.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hello - newbie here (but I've been following this thread for a long time)

In that video I'm sure I recognised one of the teams - are we allowed to speculate who we think they are?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:bigwelcome Heather!! Yes, we would love to hear!

The contestant spec thread is here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23632.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Heather7

• RFF Not So Newbie
Thank you - I have posted

Offline racewatcher

• RFF Newbie
If There were 4 teams seen at the airport in South Africa, namely:

- 2 M/M Teams
- 1 young M/F Team
- 1 elderly M/F Team

Isin't it too early to be down to 4 teams? :res:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If There were 4 teams seen at the airport in South Africa, namely:

- 2 M/M Teams
- 1 young M/F Team
- 1 elderly M/F Team

Isin't it too early to be down to 4 teams? :res:

Nabye the team got lost we dont spot them

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No, there were FOUR teams SEEN, however, there are also others, but obviously, they were NOT SEEN by the witness. Four teams left =/= Four teams seen.

:tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
The TAR franchises can take advantage of the contacts and experience of the others...explains why they could get this up and running so quickly!

But entire legs? That's just lazy. (And it seems after last night the Bali tasks are a copy too. We're probably about halfway through, and the only new things we know are the Melbourne visit and the baccarat task in Macau. And the baccarat could be there just to replace the blackjack from TAR Asia 3's Macau leg.)

Offline Sash

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hey Guys, I am totally new here and am absolutely loving the sightings and updates, it is slightly killing me though, slowly and unmercifully painfully like a knife in the heart, knowing that it is not me in those pictures.

Anyway, I thought I would tell you that as a total Amazing Race addict (own every usa and asian series...not legal, so keep it hush hush  ;)), and a sadly failed wannabe contestant, that my husband's XXX who couldn't give a rat's poop about TAR (poor, poor deluded boy) actually had the (edited to remove identifying data) could you just die!

Now, I haven't got all the details as of yet as he is off in XXX and I think then heading to somewhere to do something , what a sad, sad life he has...NOT. But when I speak to him I will try and get some more info to give you guys. BTW is it terribly incorrect of me to jump on the man when I see him and lick all the residual TAR vibes off him, I mean I'm just saying  :-[

edited to protect the innocent
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:49:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Hey Guys, I am totally new here and am absolutely loving the sightings and updates, it is slightly killing me though, slowly and unmercifully painfully like a knife in the heart, knowing that it is not me in those pictures.

Anyway, I thought I would tell you that as a total Amazing Race addict (own every usa and asian series...not legal, so keep it hush hush  ;)), and a sadly failed wannabe contestant, that my husband's XXX, who couldn't give a rat's poop about TAR (poor, poor deluded boy) actually had the  (edited to remove identifying data) could you just die!

Now, I haven't got all the details as of yet as he is off in Qld and I think then heading to WA doing some lighting for some touring band, what a sad, sad life he has...NOT. But when I speak to him I will try and get some more info to give you guys. BTW is it terribly incorrect of me to jump on the man when I see him and lick all the residual TAR vibes off him, I mean I'm just saying  :-[

:ascared

Anything that he can tell us that doesn't violate the Non-Disclosure Agreement that he probably has placed on him would be great!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 07:47:56 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I apologize in advance if this has already been seen here, but I haven't been following TAR Australia. I am having a some internet issues right now but so I haven't looked through as many back pages as I'd like to.

Anyway, I found a picture over at flickr.com that appears to show a team doing a task (or waiting to do one). From the date (November 15th), it appears to be in Johannesburg at the waterfront (according to the photo title). The folder the picture is in says South Africa. Behind the the team, you can just see a red and yellow clue box and interestingly, if you look real close, it appears to have an intersection sign! There also appear to be local drummers or dancers. In the background is what appears to be a seated giant red Lego man holding one finger up on each hand and in the far distance behind some buildings could be a ferris wheel. The Johannesburg page at wikipedia shows a ferris wheel at the Gold Reef City living museum that may be the ferris wheel in the photo, but I can't decide if it's a match.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to grab the image and post it here (I know I've done it before). So, I'll post the link and hope someone else can get it.  The link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/erin-si/5189483656/

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I apologize in advance if this has already been seen here, but I haven't been following TAR Australia. I am having a some internet issues right now but so I haven't looked through as many back pages as I'd like to.

Anyway, I found a picture over at flickr.com that appears to show a team doing a task (or waiting to do one). From the date (November 15th), it appears to be in Johannesburg at the waterfront (according to the photo title). The folder the picture is in says South Africa. Behind the the team, you can just see a red and yellow clue box and interestingly, if you look real close, it appears to have an intersection sign! There also appear to be local drummers or dancers. In the background is what appears to be a seated giant red Lego man holding one finger up on each hand and in the far distance behind some buildings could be a ferris wheel. The Johannesburg page at wikipedia shows a ferris wheel at the Gold Reef City living museum that may be the ferris wheel in the photo, but I can't decide if it's a match.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to grab the image and post it here (I know I've done it before). So, I'll post the link and hope someone else can get it.  The link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/erin-si/5189483656/

Thanks a lot! We don't have this yet, but that is most definitely an Intersection  :killme:

The "Lego man" is actually a Coke man made with 2,500 used Coke crates, stands 16.5 meters tall, located in Newtown, Johannesburg.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here is the image - Courtesy of Plaidmoon2

Offline billy bob

• RFF Not So Newbie
who are these teams i wonder ???

Here is the image - Courtesy of Plaidmoon2

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Massive CONFUSION!!!  :lol:

In Jo'burg around 12-13th Nov then in Atlantis Dunes then at the Bridge then at Cape Town airport on 15th morning but also at Jo'burg waterfront!! Brain explosion!  :helpme

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Something about this isn't adding up. The coke man statue is quite easily recognizable, and according to several sources, is located in Mary Fitzgerald Square, right in front of Museum Africa.

This would be fine, except there is no waterfront near Museum Africa. (According to google maps)

Curious.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here is some information I forgot to share  :ascared

Rhodes Memorial

"ya it was on monday"
"not sure bwt tym but 15 nov"
"nah nah it ws jus one of the stops not the final stop...nothin much to share jus ws in da right place @ a good moment"
"ey were jus shooting by rhodes memorial in e day and e teams we're ariiving at eve, ddnt wait tht long tho"
"ddnt c any teams, tnk ey we're running in in e eve coz ey practicing e shot. R u in e race?"

Cape Town Airport:

"Saw them on monday at domestic arrivals."

Courtesy of Me  :lol:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
OMG Coutzy there are two Coke men. One in Jo'burg and one in Cape Town!!!

Note the statues as seen in this pic as well:

http://ianlangham.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/inspiration-after-mass-descent/!

It is at Victoria & Alfred Waterfront

Thanks for confusing me hahaha  :lol:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Seen at DOMESTIC terminal on the morning of the 15th

Domestic may simply mean they are heading back to J'Burg before going elsewhere. I'm not hugely familiar with airports in Cape Town, but I believe they don't do much in terms of international flights.

Arriving not departing. It is all falling into place now.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG Coutzy there are two Coke men. One in Jo'burg and one in Cape Town!!!

Note the statues as seen in this pic as well:

http://ianlangham.wordpress.com/2010/10/16/inspiration-after-mass-descent/!

It is at Victoria & Alfred Waterfront

Thanks for confusing me hahaha  :lol:

Putting them there at the V & A waterfront links in well with:

Another Facebook posting:

So im havin a lunch meeting at Den Anker restaurant at the V&A (Victoria and Alfred) when people with rugsacks start appearing and running round like crazy mothas cause it 33degrees outside.. it turns out theyre doin a leg of the amazing race.. SECOND TIME AROUND for CAPE TOWN.. THE MOTHER CITY ROCKS!!!
58mins ago

And the shadows are small, indicating that this team were in the area close to midday.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yep.

So we are thinking - They hit Jo-burg and then the Bridge for a Roadblock? bungee jump THEN Pitstop and then MAYBE go to Atlantis sand dunes and arrive at Cape Town domestic airport on 15th in the morning. Complete an intersection at V&A waterfront and pitstop at Rhodes.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yep.

So we are thinking - They hit Jo-burg and then the Bridge for a Roadblock? bungee jump THEN Pitstop and then MAYBE go to Atlantis sand dunes and arrive at Cape Town domestic airport on 15th in the morning. Complete an intersection at V&A waterfront and pitstop at Rhodes.

:tup: Based on what we have so far, yes.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I guess that was my mistake. I misread the timeline and thought they were in Johannesburg on the 15th when they were in Capetown on the 15th. I'm glad you figured out where it was located and that there were 2 Coke men. The blogger called it a Lego man too.  :lol: At least I was 8,000 miles or so away. :snicker:

Thanks for grabbing the image, Coutzy and BayBay. I'm going to have to work on that.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
AWESOME job Plaidmoon, BayBay and Coutzy!! :jumpy: Great Detecting and GREAT teamwork!!

Love the Lego Man too! :hearts:

Plaidmoon, will send you some "how-to" info sometime today!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Anyway, I thought I would tell you that as a total Amazing Race addict (own every usa and asian series...not legal, so keep it hush hush  ;)), and a sadly failed wannabe contestant, that my husband's cousin, who couldn't give a rat's poop about TAR (poor, poor deluded boy) actually had the job of driving the contestants around the week or so prior to them starting the race, he even drove them to the choppers that took them to the MCG, could you just die!

Now, I haven't got all the details as of yet as he is off in Qld and I think then heading to WA doing some lighting for some touring band, what a sad, sad life he has...NOT. But when I speak to him I will try and get some more info to give you guys. BTW is it terribly incorrect of me to jump on the man when I see him and lick all the residual TAR vibes off him, I mean I'm just saying  :-[

You are making me :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!

:bigwelcome to you Sash!!!  Thanks so much for all the info, of course we would love to know more!! But your cousin may be restricted by a Non-Disclosure agreement, so I have removed some of the ID'ing info!

At least you can have the fun of playing with our team now...sometimes chasing them is more fun than racing them!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule: