Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241105 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
I hope Jill and Thomas will not win the $1million prize on the final episode of TAR 17 tomorrow and imho (which I don't really trust wikipedia so much), these what will happen on the result of the race on the finale:

1st place - Nat and Kat (please be the 1st all female team to win it!!!)
2nd place - Jill and Thomas
3rd place - Brook and Claire

Offline Krab

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
Just joining in in the analysis fun/frenzy........ if Phil himself (in the TV Guide article) describes Nat and Kat as "always being calm, cool and collected", surely the taxi scene in the main preview which shows the pair grinning broadly and Kat saying "I'm getting palpitations" has to portend something really positive (hopefully something like their arriving at Greystone Mansion in first place)????

Or is this just more wishful speculation?

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #527 on: December 11, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »
Just something slightly weird that I noticed-

On wikipedia, usually the team that came first in the previous leg is shown at the top of the placement table, while second is second down on the table, and so on, until the eliminated team.

It was this way as of last episode too.

I just went back and checked, and someone has changed the order of teams to-

Nat and Kat up the top, (even though they came 3rd)
Brook and Claire in the middle
and Jill and Thomas third, (even though they came 1st in the previous leg)

Does wikipedia know something we don't??

Anyway, henceforth, this is my prediction of the final leg- 1. Nat and Kat 2. Brook and Claire 3. Jill and Thomas.

Yeah, I saw that too. Its a little strange.
Remember, we must not rely on wikipedia, it is
not a reliable source of information.
ANYONE can change it, don't start thinking
it's Nat and Kat JUST because of that.    :cmas12

Yes, but wikipedia also happened to be correct in that Dan and Jordan would win s16, with Cowboys and Brent and Caite coming in 2nd and 3rd (This was before the season even aired the first episode)
Also, preseason to TAR 17, wikipedia also said that Jill and Thomas/ Brook and Claire/ Nat and Kat would win.

I know anyone can edit it, but for some reason I believe it.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »
But we see both racers doing what appears to be the memory task together in the promos.
Peach it is possible as some of the seasons have had some with both racers performing aspects of the memory tasks, to just one person doing it, to one person doing part and another doing the other part.  We have also had racers close and some far away.  So I wouldn't just use distance as judging that they both work the task as one unit.

Since we know the Bungee is both, that leaves a roadblock at either the Rosebowl (Possible) or at the memory task also possible.  Do we have any eyewitnesses seeing only one person working on floats?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: December 11, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »
Jill did well with the rickshaw task in Bangladesh or at least it seemed like she did from the edit...
Jill did well with the rickshaw task in Bangladesh or at least it seemed like she did from the edit...
Yes she apparently did well( based on the time it took teams to complete the days tasks (Jill 7 Thomas were faster then Nick & Vicki and at & Kat the teams that did the same number of tasks).  But thats putting something together, not book smarts or even memory smarts.  SO I don't know if I would judge that.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #530 on: December 11, 2010, 10:54:37 PM »

Yes, but wikipedia also happened to be correct in that Dan and Jordan would win s16, with Cowboys and Brent and Caite coming in 2nd and 3rd (This was before the season even aired the first episode)
Also, preseason to TAR 17, wikipedia also said that Jill and Thomas/ Brook and Claire/ Nat and Kat would win.

I know anyone can edit it, but for some reason I believe it.

During this season, I remember during the leg Michael & Kevin got eliminated, I was constantly checking Wikipedia to find out the results, since I had no access to TV during that period. Just when the Episode started  being shown in the US, they were already being updated with "eager fans" putting Michael & Kevin in first and under Leg 12, "FTW" only for it to be removed seconds later. So I think it would be some fans editing it as they wish or they think it would end up in. So I think it's best to take it with a grain of salt.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #531 on: December 12, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »
Hello -- Joining in to say that I personally do not trust anything Phil says in his interviews about the finale.  Last season he specifically said that the lead would change a few times.  I was somewhat comforted by this and stopped worrying about the sepeculation (which turned out as expected) that the brothers got out of the airport first.  I allowed myself to believe that the cowboys must have overtook them at some point, even if the winner was still in doubt.  So I watched the entire show waiting for a lead change that NEVER CAME.  The brothers got out of the airport first and stayed in front the whole damn time.  Now he's again saying the lead changes.  He may very well be telling the truth but he lost me last season.  I love Phil but I don't pay any attention to what he says.
 :cmas12

Welcome to RFF, jayhawk!
I don't remember Phil every saying that last year, just that some people would be disappointed by the outcome. He is just trying to market the show though so those interviews are almost the same as the promos we see.

I remember what jayhawk mentioned because it messed up my final prediction despite knowing about the 30-minute customs lead.  I posted that I hoped that Phil wasn't hyperbolizing about the finale at the time, and he totally lied about the TAR16 finale.  

Phil must have been watching something else because "Teams pass each other back and forth all the way to the finish line," and "Just when you think you have worked out who is going to win, another team miraculously makes up the lost ground" never happened in the TAR16 finale; one team was in first place the entire leg after the plane touched down.

(It took me forever to find the article because I kept searching for text, when it was, in fact, a scanned image from TV Guide by puddin: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21836.msg517687.html#msg517687)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:52:30 AM by slayton »

Offline Seamonkey

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #532 on: December 12, 2010, 05:15:11 AM »
Longtime lurker and admirer of RFF..   :kisses

If the classic game show host is connected to the Rose Parade.. a quick search points to

Bob Eubanks (he has cohosted the Rose Parade for eons).  but also Bob Barker.

My search results..

Retired Game Show Host and Animal Activist Bob Barker to appear on “The Dr. Pat ...
The Rose Parade, and many other programs and specials. He has been part of ... Pat Show” on the VoiceAmerica Talk Radio Network. Retired Game Show Host and ... Home / Animal News, / Retired Game Show Host and Animal Activist Bob Barker ...
kritternews.com
Bob Barker
Barker co-hosted CBS' coverage of the Rose Parade from Pasadena, California
... Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host. 1987–1988. Succeeded by. ... Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host. 1994–1996. Succeeded by. ...
wikipedia.org
Bob Barker
Barker co-hosted CBS' coverage of the Rose Parade from Pasadena, Calif., for ... Retired TV Presenter and Game Show Host (1956–2007). Spouse(s). Dorothy Jo ... Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host. 1984. Succeeded by. Dick ...
answers.com

Bob Eubanks
ndash; Episode #2.64 (2010) … Himself - Host 2010. Rose Parade 2010 ... Show Self (42 titles) 2010. The Newlywed Game (TV series) Himself - Host & ... when fellow Game Show Host, Jim Perry who was Mark Goodson's first choice to ...

And of course Bob Eubanks has hosted many more times in the past, not just in 2010.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: December 12, 2010, 05:29:43 AM »
Hmm. I think the host has nothing to do with the Rose Parade. They are separate challenges.

I wish Jeff Probst is the host. I know, game show. But survivor is a game, therefore it is a game show. And thus, Jeff Probst is qualified. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #534 on: December 12, 2010, 05:37:34 AM »
I can see Barker or Eubanks handing out the clue after they finish with the parade float......similiar to Wayne Newton in Vegas in TAR 15......just a thought. I was thinking of maybe Pat Sajak....but he doesnt appear to ever had any connection with the Rose Parade.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #535 on: December 12, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »
I speculate that the host appears at the memory challenge. No?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline em_dee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
i know this will sound really absurd...(i know...this season is really making me too paranoid, argghh)
this is kat's present profile pic (www.facebook.com/kathoneychang)...
could this be her subtle way of telling us that they finished third?
dear god i hope not... :cmas13
but why of all pics post this...i mean there are a lot of screencaps available out there...why this one... :cmas5

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #537 on: December 12, 2010, 07:39:49 AM »
i know this will sound really absurd...(i know...this season is really making me too paranoid, argghh)
this is kat's present profile pic (www.facebook.com/kathoneychang)...
could this be her subtle way of telling us that they finished third?
dear god i hope not... :cmas13
but why of all pics post this...i mean there are a lot of screencaps available out there...why this one... :cmas5

Personally, I doubt it. First, CBS would have something to say about it... and second, why would she want to tell the world they finished third?

Interesting idea, though.

Edit: More likely it is saying that right now they are in third place- because they are. Last leg they arrived in 3rd place.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:51:46 AM by SkyWriter9 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #538 on: December 12, 2010, 07:46:51 AM »

Either that, or they're going to hand them a clue somewhere else.
Quick-does anybody know who owns Greystone Mansion?

It's owned by the city of Beverly Hills. An interesting tidbit from Wikipedia:

The house and grounds are often used in film and television. The house's descending staircase is one of the most famous sets in Hollywood.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:49:53 AM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #539 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »
I can see Barker or Eubanks handing out the clue after they finish with the parade float......similiar to Wayne Newton in Vegas in TAR 15......just a thought. I was thinking of maybe Pat Sajak....but he doesnt appear to ever had any connection with the Rose Parade.

I think so too Cocoa.

In fact The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune film at CBS Television City.

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #540 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:40 AM »

I believe the city owns the mansion.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: December 12, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »

Wikipedia says the mansion is owned by the City of Beverly Hills and is a city park.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #542 on: December 12, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
What if there isn't any host in the memory challenge (if that is what cocoa was talking about)?? Maybe the iPad is enough for them to receive their next clue, and maybe they are sent some kind of link through it to receive their clue??

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #543 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »

Wikipedia says the mansion is owned by the City of Beverly Hills and is a city park.

I was just wondering if the game show host owned it.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #544 on: December 12, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »
Maybe they have to guess the location of the pitstop through a wheel of fortune-type puzzle? After they answer a memory related question, they get to choose a consonant or something. Don't know how the iPad comes along, though.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #545 on: December 12, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
Peach, who do you think won?  Who do you want to win?

Peach loves everyone! :mas25

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #546 on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
Yes she apparently did well( based on the time it took teams to complete the days tasks (Jill 7 Thomas were faster then Nick & Vicki and at & Kat the teams that did the same number of tasks).  But thats putting something together, not book smarts or even memory smarts.  SO I don't know if I would judge that.

Yeah, Jill might be better at putting something together than say, Nat, but Nat (or Kat) might well have more book or memory smarts than Jill.

Belle Book

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #547 on: December 12, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
Jeopardy has an Ipad app; it's taped at Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City (10202 Washington Blvd); Culver City has numerous TV repair shops; and Alex Trebek is certainly a famous game show host.

Just sayin'

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #548 on: December 12, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
It's also the best chance in series history for an all-female team to be crowned the winner with two of the three remaining duos lacking a Y chromosome.

"I know the first person I would hear from is my daughter," he says. And while Keoghan understands why his daughter and viewers are thrilled at the possibility, the host reminds them not to put the cart in front of the horse. "As I keep telling her, the great thing about The Amazing Race is that it's a fair competition," he says. "You can't write the script

:cmas13 :cmas13

from people interview....

Offline beatlelovr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #549 on: December 12, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »
Did anyone else notice Phil's eyebrow lift and smile in the promo?  He's been unusually amused by Brook and Claire throughout the season, I wonder if B/C crossing the finish line first brings about this bemused look.

In fairness, I am rooting for Brook and Claire so it could be wishful thinking.   :cmas27