Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241036 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #500 on: December 11, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
^Uhm, what do you mean? ???
How about the Linzes? Eric and Danielle? TK and Rachel? Freddy and Kendra? Chip and Kim? Brook and Claire? :lol:
Or do you mean that T/V are the first to win the FF in a season where FF is left unused? (Which is only TAR 14 atm)

(OKAY. OFFTOPIC. SORRY. NOW BACK TO OVER 'WHAT IFS' OF PROMOS AND INTERVIEWS TAR 17!)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
Phil is a very smart man. He's had 17 seasons to perfect it, and he knows exactly what to say to make people think he's given it away, without giving anything away.

I wouldn't be reading anything into Phil's interviews about the finale. All of what he said, to me, reads as "It's a good episode, you should watch it"

PS- Since the number of Fast Forwards was cut down to 1, the only team to win without the use of the FF is Tammy and Victor, in a season where the Fast Forward stayed unused.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
Phil is a very smart man. He's had 17 seasons to perfect it, and he knows exactly what to say to make people think he's given it away, without giving anything away.

I wouldn't be reading anything into Phil's interviews about the finale. All of what he said, to me, reads as "It's a good episode, you should watch it"

PS- Since the number of Fast Forwards was cut down to 1, the only team to win without the use of the FF during a race with only one FF is Tammy and Victor, in a season where the Fast Forward stayed unused.

Oh, sorry. *blushes*
(Sorry for the offtopic too. *blushes*)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

NoluckBoston

« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »
I'm guessing its either Wink Martindale or Bob Barker.  :cmas26

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: December 11, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
maybe his Notre Dame education will finally come into play) but I'm going to still hope for a Nat and Kat or Brook and Claire win.

Rogue,
I think a MD education is quite superior to what is available at Notre Dame. If intelligence is the main determinant of who wins an Amazing Race, then award it to Nat/Kat. However, we know from the history of the Amazing Race finales that many factors besides pure intelligence come into play, navigation skills and taxi selection luck being probably the most important two. I think any of the 3 teams can win it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #505 on: December 11, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »

PS- Since the number of Fast Forwards was cut down to 1, the only team to win without the use of the FF is Tammy and Victor, in a season where the Fast Forward stayed unused.

I agree with you on avoiding the temptation to read too much into Phil's interviews about the finale.  For all we know, he might be misleading us -- making us think that Jill & Thomas won't win so we don't get our hopes up too much -- and then having them lose.  Of course, since I'm so biased in favor of Nat & Kat, I could be seeing what I want to see as well.   :cmas22

Belle Book

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
maybe his Notre Dame education will finally come into play) but I'm going to still hope for a Nat and Kat or Brook and Claire win.

Rogue,
I think a MD education is quite superior to what is available at Notre Dame. If intelligence is the main determinant of who wins an Amazing Race, then award it to Nat/Kat. However, we know from the history of the Amazing Race finales that many factors besides pure intelligence come into play, navigation skills and taxi selection luck being probably the most important two. I think any of the 3 teams can win it.

Oh I don't doubt it. It was a sarcastic moment that I tend to have in terms of Thomas. He has talked about how he thinks his Notre Dame education will come into play on the race but I haven't seen him do anything exceptionally smart thus far.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »

Well said, Coutzy!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
Kat, Kathy Honey Chang practices in Woodland Hills Ca, went to UCLA, betting she can get around L.A.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »
I personally think that I'll be happy whatever the result is. They've been the most competitive and deserving teams for the big win. Nonetheless, if Jill & Thomas won, it would be a lost chance for FF fans.

I start to think that Thomas and Jill make it, just because the FF win thing is a thing, and we won't live to see its end, and so, I think they'll do it.

I'm extremely open to surprises, though!

Offline SillyCat

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #510 on: December 11, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

Rogue,

Oh I don't doubt it. It was a sarcastic moment that I tend to have in terms of Thomas. He has talked about how he thinks his Notre Dame education will come into play on the race but I haven't seen him do anything exceptionally smart thus far.

So who thinks Thomas is saying something along line of 'if only these electronic repair people went to Norte Dame instead of ITT, then they could really help me' as he reads their dimplomas in these screen caps? :cmas50

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #511 on: December 11, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
What if (In J/T final confessional) they look too sad, not too happy! That may be a reason why we haven't seen it. When I watched the promo, I didn't even notice Claire crying until we stopped it. Maybe t Jill is way too obviously crying about it. And also, perhaps the famous tv show host is the dude from Survivor? God, its sad how I can't remember his name... :cmas5

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #512 on: December 11, 2010, 02:12:15 PM »
Being that it is in LA I think that the final task will be on the set of some game show there. Can we locate any of those? I'm not sure if that is public knowledge.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #513 on: December 11, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
There is always CBS Television City, is that too obvious? There are many game shows there as well as sound stages and studios.

It is only 16 miles from the Rose Bowl, although that probably takes about an hour in traffic right? :lol:

And it is only 3.5 miles from the Greystone Mansion. I think we should consider this.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:33:10 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
Just something slightly weird that I noticed-

On wikipedia, usually the team that came first in the previous leg is shown at the top of the placement table, while second is second down on the table, and so on, until the eliminated team.

It was this way as of last episode too.

I just went back and checked, and someone has changed the order of teams to-

Nat and Kat up the top, (even though they came 3rd)
Brook and Claire in the middle
and Jill and Thomas third, (even though they came 1st in the previous leg)

Does wikipedia know something we don't??

Anyway, henceforth, this is my prediction of the final leg- 1. Nat and Kat 2. Brook and Claire 3. Jill and Thomas.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #515 on: December 11, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »

On wikipedia, usually the team that came first in the previous leg is shown at the top of the placement table, while second is second down on the table, and so on, until the eliminated team.

Anyway, henceforth, this is my prediction of the final leg- 1. Nat and Kat 2. Brook and Claire 3. Jill and Thomas.

Yeah, I saw that too. Its a little strange.

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »
There is always CBS Television City, is that too obvious? There are many game shows there as well as sound stages and studios.

It is only 16 miles from the Rose Bowl, although that probably takes about an hour in traffic right? :lol:

And it is only 3.5 miles from the Greystone Mansion. I think we should consider this.

could be!!  they could keep it tightly controlled with security too, which is an added plus.  :cmas31: :cmas31:

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »

Yeah, but I don't think its random. It seems like it has a purpose.

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
Two things..
1. Who cares what order the finalists are in a column on wikipedia?  It means nothing.  Who cares if Nat and Kat are listed in front of the other two. Its just wikipedia anyone can edit it.
2. I just checked the page and it has Jill and Thomas listed first so I don't know what all of you are talking about.  Its irrelevant anyways.

lets get back to a relevant discussion! :cmas22

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
One interesting thing, I am assuming that only one racer does the memory task and that racer is Jill.  A big part of their edit is in the educational differences between the two.  This has been brought up several times, in Thomas having to double check her or tell her what something meant.

I was very very surprised last episode to see Thomas perform the roadblock has most fans know that from basically season 8 on, there has always been some form of mental task.  Now of course books smarts don't always racing smarts, but I think that either is the pay off for their edit (Jill doing really well) or the just reinforcement on them doing poorly on this task.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »
But we see both racers doing what appears to be the memory task together in the promos.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #521 on: December 11, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »
Jill did well with the rickshaw task in Bangladesh or at least it seemed like she did from the edit...

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #522 on: December 11, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »
Peach, who do you think won?  Who do you want to win?

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #523 on: December 11, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

Remember, we must not rely on wikipedia, it is
not a reliable source of information.
ANYONE can change it, don't start thinking
it's Nat and Kat JUST because of that.    :cmas12
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »

Remember, we must not rely on wikipedia, it is
not a reliable source of information.
ANYONE can change it, don't start thinking
it's Nat and Kat JUST because of that.    :cmas12
Imperfection is beautiful.