Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241044 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #400 on: December 09, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »
And if I might toss in some more uninvited speculation, I would posit that the empty iPad station in the Brook & Claire memory-challenge shot belongs to Jill & Thomas.

Nat & Kat have what seems to be a plywood divider just to their left, which is not visible in the B&C shot. Also, Jill is looking pretty much straight over the iPad, which should just about line up with where B&C are looking if she were standing on the left side of the empty iPad station. Nat & Kat, on the other hand, are looking sharply to the left, which would imply they are to B&C's left, angled slightly to whatever everyone is looking at.

This could mean that J&T are the lagging team, which would make sense if they had to stop for directions.

OTOH, this could be fantasy on my part.

Hmm, that's possible.  If Jill & Thomas had to stop for directions, that would enable Brook & Claire to get ahead of them, though I still think Nat & Kat are too far ahead for Brook & Claire to pass them.

Belle Book

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
Its just that it being a wood partion dosen't make sense to me. it's even overlapping their table a little at the bottom. Also, is it was a partion, they would be looking stright at it wouldn't they?!?

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2010, 08:13:38 PM »
Wait I know!! It tranisitioning to a float at the rose bowl w/ brown flowers!!

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #403 on: December 09, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
And if I might toss in some more uninvited speculation, I would posit that the empty iPad station in the Brook & Claire memory-challenge shot belongs to Jill & Thomas.

Nat & Kat have what seems to be a plywood divider just to their left, which is not visible in the B&C shot. Also, Jill is looking pretty much straight over the iPad, which should just about line up with where B&C are looking if she were standing on the left side of the empty iPad station. Nat & Kat, on the other hand, are looking sharply to the left, which would imply they are to B&C's left, angled slightly to whatever everyone is looking at.

This could mean that J&T are the lagging team, which would make sense if they had to stop for directions.

OTOH, this could be fantasy on my part.

Hmm, that's possible.  If Jill & Thomas had to stop for directions, that would enable Brook & Claire to get ahead of them, though I still think Nat & Kat are too far ahead for Brook & Claire to pass them.

Belle Book

Dont forget what Phil said in his interview:
And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing. You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way.
This must mean that Nat & Kat may not always be in front of the pack. (this dosent mean that they wont win either)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »
Well just think of season 15's finale, at some point every single team was ahead during the tasks in Vegas.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #405 on: December 09, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
Well just think of season 15's finale, at some point every single team was ahead during the tasks in Vegas.

To be exact, Brian and Ericka was first with Roadblock, then Meghan and Cheyne first at theater task, then Sam and Dan first at Chips counting task. One of the most exciting finale for about let's say... 50 minutes of the show until it was clear Meghan and Cheyne would win.

Offline OC Watcher

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • The Watcher's blog
« Reply #406 on: December 09, 2010, 09:21:59 PM »
Its just that it being a wood partion dosen't make sense to me. it's even overlapping their table a little at the bottom. Also, is it was a partion, they would be looking stright at it wouldn't they?!?

Originally, I thought the "partition" was well behind them and just brought forward by the camera lens. The Plexiglas desk would "disappear" in front of it. But the more I look at it, the more artificial and FX-y it seems.

It could be that the question or clue they are looking at is being shown to us via split screen, but the editors removed it for this clip.

Still, given the steep left angle for N&K, they probably are to B&C's left. If the three desks are arranged in a horseshoe pattern around a central display, N&K would be to the extreme left with B&C in the center.

Unless the editors flipped the shot ...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:28:58 PM by OC Watcher »

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #407 on: December 09, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »

Originally, I thought the "partition" was well behind them and just brought forward by the camera lens. The Plexiglas desk would "disappear" in front of it. But the more I look at it, the more artificial and FX-y it seems.

It could be that the question or clue they are looking at is being shown to us via split screen, but the editors removed it for this clip.

Still, given the steep left angle for N&K, they probably are to B&C's left. If the three desks are arranged in a horseshoe pattern around a central display, N&K would be to the extreme left with B&C in the center.

Unless the editors flipped the shot ...

I think the righthand side of N/K's glass podium is cutoff by some editing (The yellow line) and I don't think the angle is shifted for the podium. It is just the shape of the podium that is funky. If you look at the other podiums too, it looks like they are all a triangle-ish shape, with the apex pointing outwards from where the two stand. (see p.10 of this thread for comparison.)
*Although that does leave us with the question of why the apex is pointed towards the viewer, but their bodies are looking leftwards (so either the podium is not centered towards whatever big screen might be in the middle or there are multiple screens or whatever they are looking at spread out...)

This is my guess. But it could also be editors messing with us!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »
Quote from: Phil
Traffic. I’ll just say that.
I can tell you personally that the SB405 or EB105 shouldn't be a problem on a Tuesday morning (assuming 15Jun). But if there's something in the morning gap as Chateau has mentioned then all bets are off. There's no archive data I could find, but this site will give you a rough idea: click the "Historical L.A." dropdown box and choose an hour from a Tuesday morning to get an idea of the traffic.

Can't we have Jack Bauer down at CTU pull all the traffic camera data from June 15 and track them down that way?! :cmas27 :cmas31: :cmaslol

Note to Peach:   When is that surveillance satellite going up?   

Jack is on it now! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zaraice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
Hi guys, remember the promo where Brook said "we could be first, or last"?

So my question is, isn't that a taxi they were in when she said that? If so, then they must have said that before VT Bridge, or after Pasadena. That means after Pasadena would be a more likely timing, since it doesn't make sense that they would make such dramatic statement so early in the leg. So, if they said after Pasadena, then they couldn't have seen any teams during the task at Rose Bowl. And this leads me to believe that J/T screwed up big time during the time between the bungee jump and Pasadena, since it seems as though B/C and J/T saw each other at the bungee jump. In addition, it looks like N/K have established such a huge lead, for some reason, over B/C that B/C could not even catch a glimpse of N/K at all, since like, what, the bungee jump? (It has been largely confirmed that the order of the bungee jump is N/K, J/T and B/C, yes?)

I must say though, the iPad memory task is really throwing me off. However, I highly doubt that teams have to find and bring an iPad for that task. Why would the producers allow them to be able to guess their position from the number of iPads already present when they began on the task? Second, it seems quite risky and highly inconvenient for teams to be running around with a rather fragile yet important tool...

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »
Hi guys, remember the promo where Brook said "we could be first, or last"?

So my question is, isn't that a taxi they were in when she said that? If so, then they must have said that before VT Bridge, or after Pasadena. That means after Pasadena would be a more likely timing, since it doesn't make sense that they would make such dramatic statement so early in the leg. So, if they said after Pasadena, then they couldn't have seen any teams during the task at Rose Bowl. And this leads me to believe that J/T screwed up big time during the time between the bungee jump and Pasadena, since it seems as though B/C and J/T saw each other at the bungee jump. In addition, it looks like N/K have established such a huge lead, for some reason, over B/C that B/C could not even catch a glimpse of N/K at all, since like, what, the bungee jump? (It has been largely confirmed that the order of the bungee jump is N/K, J/T and B/C, yes?)

I must say though, the iPad memory task is really throwing me off. However, I highly doubt that teams have to find and bring an iPad for that task. Why would the producers allow them to be able to guess their position from the number of iPads already present when they began on the task? Second, it seems quite risky and highly inconvenient for teams to be running around with a rather fragile yet important tool...

Didn't someone conclude already earlier that B/C said this in a cab on the way to Greystone at the very end? Someone did a search and found the highway sign right above the cab when they were being taped, I thought.  :sab

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2010, 11:47:07 PM »
I think the find and buy and iPad thing isn't real because when you see Brooke and Claire run up to it, it's right there. I'm pretty sure in one of the promos they are running towards the station. And also, it appears that Kat has somewhat of a notebook/diary thing out, maybe so it would help remind her of where they went and eliminated teams!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:13:26 AM by Lpadres »

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2010, 12:19:53 AM »
Also, maybe that weird yellow/brown line thing is actually going to push it's way in that way you would be able to see what they were putting on the screen. So you know, like there iPad screen and it's transitioning to split the screen so you can see NK and see what they are puttin! Just a thought though...

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »
Hmm once again quoting Phil in his interview...

And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing. You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way. At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing.

We seem to think that Nat and Kat have it all in the bag because of all the speculation that they're leading. But if it's gonna be leg of twists and turns, I'm thinking they lose their lead at the end. And when Phil said that "at the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that's the most important thing", it sounds like he's preparing us for a Jill and Thomas win. Because even though we're not throughly rooting for them, they are deserving, and that's the most important in a race point of view.

And right from the first episode, it was mentioned that the Express Pass was game-changing.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23310.0.html

The pair to finish first on the initial leg receive a surprise award that gives them a potential game-changing advantage.

Perhaps if Jill and Thomas hadn't used their Express Pass, they wouldn't have made it this far. So the Express Pass might have been their token of victory. But maybe I'm reading too much into this.

And in another of Phil's interview... http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_17/2010_Oct_31_phil_interview

When we talked, the Express Pass of Power was still a secret, but Phil said the new twist had “quite an impact on the teams throughout the race” and a “dramatic impact on the race.”

If it's indeed a dramatic impact, it should suggest the final outcome of the race, which is Jill and Thomas winning because of the Express Pass? Hmm.

Ugh, I can only say that I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I'm haunted by Phil's interview. That part on the most deserving team winning which is the most important. Hmm!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:37:17 AM by Ruth »
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #414 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
Hmm once again quoting Phil in his interview...

And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing. You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way. At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing.

We seem to think that Nat and Kat have it all in the bag because of all the speculation that they're leading. But if it's gonna be leg of twists and turns, I'm thinking they lose their lead at the end. And when Phil said that "at the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that's the most important thing", it sounds like he's preparing us for a Jill and Thomas win. Because even though we're not throughly rooting for them, they are deserving, and that's the most important in a race point of view.

And right from the first episode, it was mentioned that the Express Pass was game-changing.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23310.0.html

The pair to finish first on the initial leg receive a surprise award that gives them a potential game-changing advantage.

Perhaps if Jill and Thomas hadn't used their Express Pass, they wouldn't have made it this far. So the Express Pass might have been their token of victory. But maybe I'm reading too much into this.

And in another of Phil's interview... http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_17/2010_Oct_31_phil_interview

When we talked, the Express Pass of Power was still a secret, but Phil said the new twist had “quite an impact on the teams throughout the race” and a “dramatic impact on the race.”

If it's indeed a dramatic impact, it should suggest the final outcome of the race, which is Jill and Thomas winning because of the Express Pass? Hmm.

Ugh, I can only say that I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I'm haunted by Phil's interview. That part on the most deserving team winning which is the most important. Hmm!

Interesting point you're making. But I actually think that the point about the express pass won't really make a difference. I think that what he's saying is that each team will be in the lead at some point but then it will all take a drastic turn at the end. Since they are making such a big deal about Brooke and Claire, I think that Nat and Kat are going to win. Seems to me like most of the logic points in their direction, but I have a gut feeling that Jill and Thomas are going to win.

Unless karma comes into play. "I could care less about any sort of history making."

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #415 on: December 10, 2010, 04:14:50 AM »
I think we're all psyching ourselves out way too much.  We should just try and stay as calm as possible as we wait for these last two days before the finale, or we're all going to go nuts before the finale even starts.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #416 on: December 10, 2010, 04:58:05 AM »
Ok just adding my two (actually three) cents :)

1. The yellow 'curtain' thing is IMO most likely artificial, because it is dead straight, the color looks almost cartoonish, and it looks out of place.

2. I happen to agree with the speculation that teams did NOT pick up the ipads. This is because when you buy iPads the first thing you have to do with them is sync your music and stuff like that. Also if they are using an application (which seems likely, because why else use an iPad over anything else) they would have do download it, requiring internet connection.

3. About the 'dramatic game changing express pass' what if Jill and Thomas missed something that will be in the final memory task, because they skipped the detour. Other than J/T ending up winning (which is unlikely) there's is not much else that the express pass could 'dramatically' change.

Reply back about my specs!! Thanks :)

Good luck B/C and N/K, although I would SLIGHTLY prefer a B/C win  :cmas9

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: December 10, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
I think we're all psyching ourselves out way too much.  We should just try and stay as calm as possible as we wait for these last two days before the finale, or we're all going to go nuts before the finale even starts.

THIS. VERY. MUCH.  :cmas23
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #418 on: December 10, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »

3. About the 'dramatic game changing express pass' what if Jill and Thomas missed something that will be in the final memory task, because they skipped the detour. Other than J/T ending up winning (which is unlikely) there's is not much else that the express pass could 'dramatically' change.

(Excuse my not so bad language)

Oh my freaking god you are a genius! That makes complete and total sense. I, personally, think that's a great idea.  :cmas26

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2010, 06:52:50 AM »
I agree with Ruth. Plus, Tom/Jill had been picking up steam & been consistent the last few legs.

I hope I'm proven wrong & Nat/Kat bag this!

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2010, 06:54:39 AM »

(Excuse my not so bad language)

Oh my freaking god you are a genius! That makes complete and total sense. I, personally, think that's a great idea.  :cmas26

Yahhh....You are a genius :cmas26 :cmas26.....How can be the express pass ..dramatic ???

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2010, 07:39:06 AM »
After Phil's interview I Think That Nat and Kat have good possibility to win....

Photo 1
They are very happy because they are first at  roadblock??? :cmas30:,first at bungee ,first at  Rose Bowl task  

And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing

but they have  some problems to find the finish line...
Photo 2
They are really nervous ...They have backpacks on their knees ,so probably they get off  taxi,but the location isn't correct, ..so return on taxi and search for the real finish line .but ...they waste time
At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing."....
So ..at the end,despite everything they win...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 07:50:03 AM by milanissimo »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2010, 08:17:11 AM »
After Phil's interview I Think That Nat and Kat have good possibility to win....

Photo 1
They are very happy because they are first at  roadblock??? :cmas30:,first at bungee ,first at  Rose Bowl task  

And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing

but they have  some problems to find the finish line...
Photo 2
They are really nervous ...They have backpacks on their knees ,so probably they get off  taxi,but the location isn't correct, ..so return on taxi and search for the real finish line .but ...they waste time
At the end of the day, the most deserving team wins and that’s the most important thing."....
So ..at the end,despite everything they win...

You might have it there, Milanissimo.  They leave the final task with a huge lead and think the race is theirs.  But then, their taxi cab driver takes them to the wrong location!  They have to find the finish line, and maybe that's when Nat calls someone and says, "Hi.  I'msorry.  I'm in a Race."  And maybe that's what the confessional we saw with her & Kat was about -- their problems with the taxi driver!  However, they still beat Brook & Claire and Jill & Thomas.

Belle Book

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
My 2 cents:
Almost everybody thinks that, because Brook & Claire is featured (a lot) in the second promo, this meens that they will not win.
For me, I think that the editors may have done the opposite. They featured B/C a lot so that the spoilers think that they may have not won, but they would actually win.

And I think that if they win, it would go perfectly with
And there’s a few dramatic turns and twists and you’ll be doing a lot of second-guessing. You think you’ll have it all worked out and then it will turn another way.
because they are last at the bungy jump, then arrive second at the memory task (because J/T get lost) then (speculation) arrive first on the mat (because N/K get lost).

On the other side, if Nat/Kat arrive first on the mat, this would meen that they need to be second or third sometime in the leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
It looks like everybody has engaged in a lot of healthy discussion about this upcoming final! Interesting theories have been brought up, and thankfully, the discussion has been kept very civil!

:ty3: to everyone who has participated and :welcome: to all newbies who are joining in the discussion! We hope you stick around for more seasons!

I myself am very happy to have been a part of this discussion of TAR17 and look forward to continuing to go over 18.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:54:43 AM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.