Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 242111 times)

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
Well, if they have to get an iPad from a store, then Brook & Claire are definitely behind at least one team, remember the empty station I pointed out before?

Why can't that mean that they are ahead?

I agree. We were quick to assume that B/C were behind b/c of the empty ipad dock, but it could very well be that they are way ahead!!

Also, it looks like Nat is holding a blue route info clue in her hands in this cap, so maybe this is before the Rose Bowl, not after (? forgive me I am still new to this). What bugs me about this cap too is that N/K are the only one at this location that have this yellow line/curtain looking thing in the right hand side. Any idea of what that is or anyone else notice that too? It is either a weird editing thing or looks like they are on the edge of a stage curtain maybe? hard to say.  :cmas13

Offline Ary

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
all the hype about possibility F/F team win I hope right (I root for N/K)

but I kinda have speculation that producer make TAR 18 all stars because TAR 17 winner is not F/F team, so producer maybe afraid lose many viewers, that's way they make TAR 18 all star

that's only speculation, sorry for my bad english

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »
Well, if they have to get an iPad from a store, then Brook & Claire are definitely behind at least one team, remember the empty station I pointed out before?

I agree. We were quick to assume that B/C were behind b/c of the empty ipad dock, but it could very well be that they are way ahead!!

Also, it looks like Nat is holding a blue route info clue in her hands in this cap, so maybe this is before the Rose Bowl, not after (? forgive me I am still new to this). What bugs me about this cap too is that N/K are the only one at this location that have this yellow line/curtain looking thing in the right hand side. Any idea of what that is or anyone else notice that too? It is either a weird editing thing or looks like they are on the edge of a stage curtain maybe? hard to say.  :cmas13

What empty iPad dock?
It is likely that this is a final memory task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »

What empty iPad dock?

here is the empty iPad dock in the lower right hand side.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »

What empty iPad dock?

here is the empty iPad dock in the lower right hand side.

Aaahhh!  :spy:

Offline OC Watcher

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • The Watcher's blog

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »

well, if they have to get an ipad, then the station w/ the ipad means someone got thier ipad and finished. However, this is only true if they must pick up thier ipads sorry for the confusion!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »

well, if they have to get an ipad, then the station w/ the ipad means someone got thier ipad and finished. However, this is only true if they must pick up thier ipads sorry for the confusion!

Or it means that the user of that stand has not arrived and put it down yet.
We can't figure out any timing of the final task, since it's inside a dark building. The TAR producers were CLEVER!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 02:49:20 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
I'm sorry,  but when did we figure out the rose bowl task was a float decorating task? :cmas5

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
On last year's finale promo, all three teams were shown in succession carrying the trunks, when they were not close to each other at all. Similary, this year, the three teams shown strategically in succession without any other teams in their individual shots makes it impossible to determine the order of teams.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
I'm sorry,  but when did we figure out the rose bowl task was a float decorating task? :cmas5
I did a little work in the field today.   :cmas25

The Rose Bowl was getting a new sod carpet!  I wonder why?   :cmaslol

I have a fair number of things to report so bear with me!!!!!

On any given moment from 6 am to dark on every day there are roughly 2000 people running, jogging walking,  biking, dot dot dot around the Rose Bowl.  And many do it as a matter of DAILY routine.  So, I asked questions.  Yes, people do remember what happened on Wednesday June 15th!  The guys who fly their 100 mph remote control Messerschmidts and Spitfires over the vast grassy fields were grounded.  I was unable to sort out the order that the teams arrived, but I think we already got that.

I know why they came to the Rose Bowl.  And it's not just because it is a good place to land a chopper.  Just ask yourself what is Pasadena well known for?  And then ask why would there be one of these at the Rose Bowl in the middle of June!!   :cmas16

I don't know if it was set up as a Detour or as a Road Block, but I know what they did inside the Rose Bowl!

Coolio,

I had the same thought about the floats.  If you go back to Chateau's email, the words "one of these" is a link.  That link shows you a picture of a float.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, gator!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »
Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Gator!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:09 PM »
Quote from: Phil
Traffic. I’ll just say that.
I can tell you personally that the SB405 or EB105 shouldn't be a problem on a Tuesday morning (assuming 15Jun). But if there's something in the morning gap as Chateau has mentioned then all bets are off. There's no archive data I could find, but this site will give you a rough idea: click the "Historical L.A." dropdown box and choose an hour from a Tuesday morning to get an idea of the traffic.

Can't we have Jack Bauer down at CTU pull all the traffic camera data from June 15 and track them down that way?! :cmas27 :cmas31: :cmaslol

Note to Peach:   When is that surveillance satellite going up?  
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Minnesota_Friend

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
Hi, long-time Lurking Admirer here.  :cmas29 I have a question for those of you who taped the Korean leg:

1) When Nat & Kat are giving their comments about an all-female winning team, did Nat speak in "present tense"? As in, "We are honored to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race."

If not, then my hearing is bad (Not surprising!). If she did use "present tense," are TPTB throwing us off? Or spoiling their own show?  :xmas146

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #390 on: December 09, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
Quote from: Phil
Traffic. I’ll just say that.
I can tell you personally that the SB405 or EB105 shouldn't be a problem on a Tuesday morning (assuming 15Jun). But if there's something in the morning gap as Chateau has mentioned then all bets are off. There's no archive data I could find, but this site will give you a rough idea: click the "Historical L.A." dropdown box and choose an hour from a Tuesday morning to get an idea of the traffic.

Can't we have Jack Bauer down at CTU pull all the traffic camera data from June 15 and track them down that way?! :cmas27 :cmas31: :cmaslol

Note to Peach:   When is that surveillance satellite going up?  

:cmaslol :lol: :lol3:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:46:59 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline OC Watcher

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • The Watcher's blog
« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »
And if I might toss in some more uninvited speculation, I would posit that the empty iPad station in the Brook & Claire memory-challenge shot belongs to Jill & Thomas.

Nat & Kat have what seems to be a plywood divider just to their left, which is not visible in the B&C shot. Also, Jill is looking pretty much straight over the iPad, which should just about line up with where B&C are looking if she were standing on the left side of the empty iPad station. Nat & Kat, on the other hand, are looking sharply to the left, which would imply they are to B&C's left, angled slightly to whatever everyone is looking at.

This could mean that J&T are the lagging team, which would make sense if they had to stop for directions.

OTOH, this could be fantasy on my part.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
And if I might toss in some more uninvited speculation, I would posit that the empty iPad station in the Brook & Claire memory-challenge shot belongs to Jill & Thomas.

Nat & Kat have what seems to be a plywood divider just to their left, which is not visible in the B&C shot. Also, Jill is looking pretty much straight over the iPad, which should just about line up with where B&C are looking if she were standing on the left side of the empty iPad station. Nat & Kat, on the other hand, are looking sharply to the left, which would imply they are to B&C's left, angled slightly to whatever everyone is looking at.

This could mean that J&T are the lagging team, which would make sense if they had to stop for directions.

OTOH, this could be fantasy on my part.

This isn't uninvited speculation...we want people to post their opinions! This looks like a very detailed assessment. You may be on to something!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:21:11 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #393 on: December 09, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
Just saw this.  Sorry if its been mentioned already or if its in the wrong place.  
"Phil Keoghan loves that girl power dominates 'The Amazing Race' season finale"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

Edit: Sorry saw this was posted elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 07:16:32 PM by racing_sausageWI »

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #394 on: December 09, 2010, 07:16:39 PM »
Is there anyone who has the post race confessional of JILL and THOMAS...

I wont accept it if jill and thomas wins

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: December 09, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
I just thought of something! what if that yellow line isn't a wall, but a spilt screen about to go on! there is a hint of brown that doesn't match up! Does anyone agree??

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2010, 07:25:51 PM »
I just thought of something! what if that yellow line isn't a wall, but a spilt screen about to go on! there is a hint of brown that doesn't match up! Does anyone agree??

In which cap?

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #397 on: December 09, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »
This one!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #398 on: December 09, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
This one!

That's definitely an idea. It's good to think outside the box like that and is worth keeping in mind. Unfortunately it is hard to tell what they could be transitioning to....

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #399 on: December 09, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

I went back and watched previous episodes and split screens haven't had any colored borders, generally just a black space between the two shots.  Not to say they couldn't do that this leg, but they haven't in the past.