Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241055 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2010, 12:49:51 AM »
Wonderful job Chateau!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2010, 12:51:52 AM »
Is it just me or when Nat is calling the dude, she seems very relaxed. She does not seemed worried at all, just a little anxious to get there as if they are in first, or close to being in first!

She is an Anesthesiologist. Lives depend on her staying calm under the worst of pressure. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2010, 02:10:54 AM »
Not sure if this has been said yet, but at least one of the teams are on Korean Air...Probably Jill & Thomas if not all teams?

What troubles me about this promo cap is that the blue airport line running across here is what looks like blurred out Chinese, not Korean. And J/T look like they were in the Korean air terminal. Yet B/C and N/K are together here joking about pedicures. If they are leaving from Seoul, I don't know why they would have that line in what I think is Chinese running across the line unless 1) they ended up on a China Air flight back to LAX; or 2) they had to transfer to Taiwan or HK, then fly to LAX.

anybody concur with me here that might recognize chinese v. korean? am pretty sure but it is hard to see b/c it is blurred.

**edited for clarity

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »
Not sure if this has been said yet, but at least one of the teams are on Korean Air...Probably Jill & Thomas if not all teams?
What troubles me about this promo cap is that the blue airport line running across here is what looks like blurred out Chinese, not Korean. And J/T look like they were in the Korean air terminal. Yet B/C and N/K are together here joking about pedicures. If they are leaving from Seoul, I don't know why they would have that line in what I think is Chinese running across the line unless 1) they ended up on a China Air flight back to LAX; or 2) they had to transfer to Taiwan or HK, then fly to LAX.

anybody concur with me here that might recognize chinese v. korean? am pretty sure but it is hard to see b/c it is blurred.

**edited for clarity

As I am a Chinese...... I am 100% sure that this is not Chinese letter :cmas16
The 2nd letter (From the left) clearly shows it is korean

edited to fix quote tags
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:39:38 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline bevsee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2010, 02:58:54 AM »
there are 2 possibilities of the characters, it could be korean characters and it could be chinese traditional characters. if it is chinese traditional characters, then it means that teams transit in Taiwan, as mainland China and Hongkong use Simplified Chinese.

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2010, 05:01:19 AM »
there are 2 possibilities of the characters, it could be korean characters and it could be chinese traditional characters. if it is chinese traditional characters, then it means that teams transit in Taiwan, as mainland China and Hongkong use Simplified Chinese.

Hong Kong use Traditional Chinese also......
anyway I still think it is korean

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2010, 06:35:35 AM »
Is there any possibility that iPad challenge is before the helicopter task?

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
I know you were talking about (OMG I just noticed the christmas animations!!!  :cmas51) the previews with them in the taxi. I think that Jill and Thomas in the taxi wasn't in LA. I just re-watched the one where they were in Hong Kong, and that shot looks like when they were leaving the airport in China. So... some of the shots may not be from the last leg.

This shot??

They are at the bridge...see the containers??

Good eyes, skywriter and Peach. I think skywriter meant this pic:

I think that this is from LA though judging by the clothes.

Yeah, that's the shot I was talking about.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #359 on: December 09, 2010, 08:30:57 AM »
Excellent work Chateau!!  :cmas16
That was a great idea considering that all those people would probably remember the choppers coming in and othe unusual events.
I think that just as the producers want it, the float task will tend to even out teams so that it is all about the final task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #360 on: December 09, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »
This cap gives us a different shot of the repair shop. That is a RI clue on the desk, where are they trying to go?
I still lean towards no DT and think that the float thing is a RB. This seems to back up the idea that they are looking for the final task or a pickup point for the Ipad.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2010, 08:43:18 AM »

**edited for clarity

Definitely korean. :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »
One more pic to think about. What is that yellow thing? Maybe what they retrieve at the bottom of the jump?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »
Overthinking. It's the envelop that contains next clue. :groan:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #364 on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »
One more pic to think about. What is that yellow thing? Maybe what they retrieve at the bottom of the jump?

Nat & Kat have finished the Float Decoration task and are now running to the line of waiting taxis.  So that envelope is clue they got at the Rose Bowl.  Note that there is a white helicopter sitting there.   :cmas16  And not only that, I can see people running away from that helicopter.

Slowhatch:  Keep looking for TV repair around San Pedro & Long Beach   :cmas16  

Because I'm thinking that the first destination after landing is never something so obscure and boring as "Teams must now find the tiny helipad next to the Catalina ferry".  They must have been sent to find something interesting in the San Pedro/Long Beach area.  I think the timeings give a big enough gap to support that.    :cmas25
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:28:28 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #365 on: December 09, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »
Can we all be a Chateau and help with unveiling the REAL mystery and not add to more questions which will only lead to more baseless speculation? :cmas5

:hides

What is the REAL mystery?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #366 on: December 09, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »
Chateau, you are right, the Nat and Kat scene in the cab which you unveiled probably comes after this i supposed.

Come to think of it, there's only one helicopter in the screen cap. Let me go take a look at other screen caps.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2010, 09:39:45 AM »
It's an interesting cap. I'm starting to think there might be a significant gap (good or bad) between NatKat and the other teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »
I checked and all Nat and Kat's screen caps with the helicopter seemed to be the only lone one.

But i'm not going to speculate and say they're probably in first place at that point. Maybe it's just camera angles.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2010, 09:50:22 AM »
Well, if they have to get an iPad from a store, then Brook & Claire are definitely behind at least one team, remember the empty station I pointed out before?

Why can't that mean that they are ahead?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #370 on: December 09, 2010, 09:53:17 AM »

Nat & Kat have finished the Float Decoration task and are now running to the line of waiting taxis.  So that envelope is clue they got at the Rose Bowl.  Note that there is a white helicopter sitting there.   :cmas16  And not only that, I can see people running away from that helicopter.

Isn't that probably the helicopter they arrived in? Either way those people do not look like any of the teams. If it is a team it is J/T because I believe B/C were in a blue chopper.
I am starting to think that the promo's over emphasis on B/C is trying to set up a surprise win of one of the other teams.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #371 on: December 09, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
You're right, I think it is their helicopter and the people there are just the crew/production.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #372 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »

Nat & Kat have finished the Float Decoration task and are now running to the line of waiting taxis.  So that envelope is clue they got at the Rose Bowl.  Note that there is a white helicopter sitting there.   :cmas16  And not only that, I can see people running away from that helicopter.

Isn't that probably the helicopter they arrived in? Either way those people do not look like any of the teams. If it is a team it is J/T because I believe B/C were in a blue chopper.
I am starting to think that the promo's over emphasis on B/C is trying to set up a surprise win of one of the other teams.

That's what I thought as well.  And I think the surprise team is actually Nat & Kat, although that's less of a surprise since we're all thinking Nat & Kat are ahead and most here are thinking they came in first -- including me!

Belle Book

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »
Quote from: Phil
Traffic. I’ll just say that.
I can tell you personally that the SB405 or EB105 shouldn't be a problem on a Tuesday morning (assuming 15Jun). But if there's something in the morning gap as Chateau has mentioned then all bets are off. There's no archive data I could find, but this site will give you a rough idea: click the "Historical L.A." dropdown box and choose an hour from a Tuesday morning to get an idea of the traffic.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
Quote from: Phil
Traffic. I’ll just say that.
I can tell you personally that the SB405 or EB105 shouldn't be a problem on a Tuesday morning (assuming 15Jun). But if there's something in the morning gap as Chateau has mentioned then all bets are off. There's no archive data I could find, but this site will give you a rough idea: click the "Historical L.A." dropdown box and choose an hour from a Tuesday morning to get an idea of the traffic.

Can't we have Jack Bauer down at CTU pull all the traffic camera data from June 15 and track them down that way?! :cmas27 :cmas31: :cmaslol