Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241056 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »
The watch is supposed to face Kat's direction and not us.. don't think it's 2.30pm. Let me try and get a clearer picture.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:40 PM »
Too much of the watch face is used by buttons, the actual readable area is the small bar on top. The shadows of the trucks might be more instructive: I'm guessing late morning/noonish. And... :bigwelcome

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
The watch is supposed to face Kat's direction and not us.. don't think it's 2.30pm. Let me try and get a clearer picture.

edit: is it digital?
maybe some misleading shadows...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2010, 11:58:32 PM »
Look at Slowhatch's picture above, it seems to be a digital watch with the watch face on top as per Slowhatch's post.

Looking at the shadows at the back, i do agree it's around noon time...

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »
Newbie here. I was just going to add that it might give Nat and Kat an edge that they are in SoCal, since Nat is from Santa Barbara. If both of them practice in LA, even better - they should know some time-saving tips with navigating traffic and maybe will be able to move faster than the other teams!

*hope*

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »
I know you were talking about (OMG I just noticed the christmas animations!!!  :cmas51) the previews with them in the taxi. I think that Jill and Thomas in the taxi wasn't in LA. I just re-watched the one where they were in Hong Kong, and that shot looks like when they were leaving the airport in China. So... some of the shots may not be from the last leg.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2010, 06:45:38 AM »
Newbie here. I was just going to add that it might give Nat and Kat an edge that they are in SoCal, since Nat is from Santa Barbara. If both of them practice in LA, even better - they should know some time-saving tips with navigating traffic and maybe will be able to move faster than the other teams!

*hope*

Welcome, TAR new fan!! Congrats on joining the fun!!

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2010, 07:27:21 AM »
Okay. Newbie here.

Well, just to clear it out though, if you have seen the most recent seasons of the race, the flow of the finale episode would be like. routes markers, then a roadblock, as in the case of Seasons 15 and 16. So, on my observation, the bungee jump might well be a roadblock. Following a series of clues to other destinations, leading them to their final destination, which mostly are memory challenges, before going to the finish line. But, there are some cases that they still need to visit other places after the memory challenge, which might be a game changer, since taxi drivers are a crucial part of the entire race.

Hope my observation works! Merry Christmas  :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 in advance, RFF detectives!  :cmas23

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
Oh, final challenge, I mean.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:13 AM »
Could Chateau be on to something with this hangar pic? Or are we looking at something more like a sound stage?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:10:14 AM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »
Okay. Newbie here.

Well, just to clear it out though, if you have seen the most recent seasons of the race, the flow of the finale episode would be like. routes markers, then a roadblock, as in the case of Seasons 15 and 16. So, on my observation, the bungee jump might well be a roadblock. Following a series of clues to other destinations, leading them to their final destination, which mostly are memory challenges, before going to the finish line. But, there are some cases that they still need to visit other places after the memory challenge, which might be a game changer, since taxi drivers are a crucial part of the entire race.

I agree with your assessment of the flow of finales in the past years. They have gotten away from doing the final task as a RB and even having a DT at all.
However it is not possible that the bungee is a RB. I do think there will be one somewhere though. Like what one person said they could search the Rose Bowl for the clue to the location of the final task.
Also everyone, don't forget that there is a possible task we cannot figure out yet in that JT picture.

Thanks to all Newbies for joining in this exciting discussion! Welcome to RFF!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:08:49 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
Okay. Newbie here.

I agree with your assessment of the flow of finales in the past years. They have gotten away from doing the final task as a RB and even having a DT at all.
However it is not possible that the bungee is a RB. I do think there will be one somewhere though. Like what one person said they could search the Rose Bowl for the clue to the location of the final task.
Also everyone, don't forget that there is a possible task we cannot figure out yet in that JT picture.

well, maybe the roadblock is something else. Or, for the first time in race history, maybe no roadblock will exist at the finale at all? o.O :cmas18 :cmas5

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »
Okay. Newbie here.

well, maybe the roadblock is something else. Or, for the first time in race history, maybe no roadblock will exist at the finale at all? o.O :cmas18 :cmas5

I can't imagine a final without some normal elements (Detour, Roadblock, etc).

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »
Okay. Newbie here.

I can't imagine a final without some normal elements (Detour, Roadblock, etc).

Second that. Maybe TAR is just that good at giving us surprises. That's why I love the show. As for the entire sixteen seasons of the race, I couldn't imagine the other tasks that'll soon happen, or so. Like in this season finale, maybe there's a roadblock that wasn't shown to the teaser, might be the game changer of the race. Idk. Let's just wait and see for the finale this Sunday/Monday. (Monday, 'cause here in the Phils. it airs Monday morning).  :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas27 :cmas27

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:38 AM »
Just found out I'll be working when it airs live on Monday (Australian time).

Gutted.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:25:34 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
I know you were talking about (OMG I just noticed the christmas animations!!!  :cmas51) the previews with them in the taxi. I think that Jill and Thomas in the taxi wasn't in LA. I just re-watched the one where they were in Hong Kong, and that shot looks like when they were leaving the airport in China. So... some of the shots may not be from the last leg.

This shot??

They are at the bridge...see the containers??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2010, 08:26:28 AM »
if that bungee jump thing is not a roadblock, maybe one will exist at the Rose Bowl, before they head on to the mind challenge thing. =D  :cmas9

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2010, 08:27:42 AM »

This shot??

Good eyes, skywriter and Peach. I think skywriter meant this pic:

I think that this is from LA though judging by the clothes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:42:00 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2010, 08:29:55 AM »
If anyone outside the east coast viewing area wishes to know what happened in the next episode of TAR before it airs in your area, Peach and the others post in the East Coast Show Update threads to keep people updated and spoiled!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »
Please do NOT post YouTube info here in public...we try VERY hard to protect the Uploaders here and that is a sure way to see them get deleted.

The LIVE video, if we have one, is here at 8PM EST every week for our non East Coast friends who want to watch live:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23401.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline scARCYty

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:55 AM »
Please do NOT post YouTube info here in public...we try VERY hard to protect the Uploaders here and that is a sure way to see them get deleted.

The LIVE video, if we have one, is here at 8PM EST every week for our non East Coast friends who want to watch live:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23401.0.html

Oh, very much sorry.  :cmas5 I'm just a newbie here, and I didn't know that we should be that all PRIVATE. Delete my comment, if you want. =D MY BAD!  :cmas0 :cmas16

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
I know you were talking about (OMG I just noticed the christmas animations!!!  :cmas51) the previews with them in the taxi. I think that Jill and Thomas in the taxi wasn't in LA. I just re-watched the one where they were in Hong Kong, and that shot looks like when they were leaving the airport in China. So... some of the shots may not be from the last leg.

This shot??

Good eyes, skywriter and Peach. I think skywriter meant this pic:

I think that this is from LA though judging by the clothes.

That is the same series of caps as the other. You can always check the cap # in my posts to see where in the sequence they fall.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
This photo is taken at the entrance to the ep 11 Pitstop: Wongudan Altar, and is therefore in Seoul. The walls do not match any at Graystone....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
This photo is taken at the entrance to the ep 11 Pitstop: Wongudan Altar, and is therefore in Seoul. The walls do not match any at Graystone....

Caps 29 and 30 are definitely also from another episode. 31 and 32 may be as well.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
I finally found where the helicopter clip over the hills was made:  Beeline to Pasadena, duh!    :cmaslol
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders