Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 241037 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
Maybe a new sponsorship?

And on the roadblock limit -- there is no evidence that with the exception of the one season with two roadblocks in the same leg, that the limit has changed from 6.  The behavior of the teams these last couple of episodes (on who did the roadblock) seems consistent with a 6 roadblock limit.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »
Now that I think of it, i can remember a few challenges in TAR that required teams to search a stadium for a clue.  Could teams have a riddle to solve in the Rose Bowl?  In season 4, teams were given a phrase that hinted at a specific seat in the stadium where their next clue was.  In another season, I believe teams searched for plane tickets in a stadium.  Its possible that a task could involve searching the Rose Bowl for something rather then doing a specific action inside the stadium.

Offline sofiaj.10

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
just checked wikipediaa---- team members can do up to 7 roadblocks each!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »

This picture may turn out to be important...where ARE they? It looks to be a secured and guarded spot.... with "lanes" of entry.

Helicopter pick up?

Memory task entrance?

What guards/employees wear boots like that?

??? ??? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »

sorry, but wiki can be edited by anyone...so we do not trust it for that kind of info.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
Is it possible that the iPad shows an interactive world map, which is then projected on the screen in front of them?

The notes could be items, team names, flags, anything... and they have to use the iPad to assort them to the corresponding countries in correct order...

Just a thought  :cmas5

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »

sorry, but wiki can be edited by anyone...so we do not trust it for that kind of info.

In season 10, Karlyn did 7 roadblocks while Lyn only did 5 of them. Same thing in season 16 where Brent did 7 and Caite did 5.

Offline Krab

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »
Did anybody catch what Kat says in the taxi in the finale preview?  Jill says "as quickly as you could can possibly go" and Brooke and Clair do their usual thing about being the first female winners.  However, I couldn't hear what Kat said.  It most likely means nothing but I'm just curious.

Kat said "I'm having palpitations".......that, combined with the smile on her face looking over at Nat, makes me very hopeful that they are heading for the finish line FIRST

:hearts:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
Those are LAX-style luggage movers there:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
Those are LAX-style luggage movers there:

Good eye, Chateau!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »

just changed wikipedia----it now says team members can do up to 6 roadbocks each!  :cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
We really don't know what the rules are regarding how many RB can be done. They have changed before and the Race has never been afraid to make rule exceptions and changes without sending us a memo.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »
Just talking to myself here, don't mind me...

Clearly the bungee jump isn't a RB because they are both doing it. The challenge with the iPads doesn't appear to be a RB because they're both standing there working on it.

The helicopter landing at the Rose Bowl seems really random to me. Is it possible that there was a RB somewhere around there?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
It appears to me the teams are looking at their personal journals for information to imput on the iPad and it is projected on a large screen monitor........
Matthew 7:15

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Nevermind about the roadblock limit.  By the way... does anyone like Jill & Thomas?  I personally have no problem with them.  Brook and Claire are obviously the most entertaining and I believe Nat & Kat are very boring.  I like all three finalists but I'm rooting for J/T.  They deserved it!  They are very good at this race.  I wouldn't mind if anyone won and I would also enjoy an all female team winning so this should be a great finale to cap off a great season.

I like Jill okay.  Thomas, not so much.  But if there were less likeable teams in the Final 3, I'd like Jill & Thomas more.

Incidentally, I love Nat & Kat!  I've always wanted an all-female team to win, and I've got a soft spot for Asian Americans -- and Kat's Asian American!  And best of all, they're likeable, smart and pretty strong, as well as laid-back enough to not let the pressure get to them.  Sure, you might see them as boring, but I tend to prefer the "boring" teams to the drama-queen ones.

Belle Book

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
I  think the roadblock limit will could have a huge impact on the outcome of the race.  I really think Nat & Kat have an advantage here however I'm still confused by their frowns in what may be their final confessional.  I agree that they are in first at the bungee jumping but it's likely that the last challenge is the memory task.  It will probably present them the location to the finish line.  I think that Nat and Kat may get some taxi problems and lose to Jill and Thomas in the end.  What do you guys think?  Did anyone make a poll on who they think will win?

Since we know that Nat is calling someone and telling that person that she's in a Race for a lot of money, it's possible she's just referring to initial problems in getting to the location.  Besides, I don't think Jill & Thomas will win -- there's too much hype about an all-female team winning as compared to Season 11 (where there were also two all-female teams in the running) to suggest Jill & Thomas will win.  I think Nat & Kat will win, and I'll be really happy!

Belle Book

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
We really don't know what the rules are regarding how many RB can be done. They have changed before and the Race has never been afraid to make rule exceptions and changes without sending us a memo.

I disagree.  Before the Roadblock on leg 10, Vicki mentioned that she had to do the Roadblock.  To me, that implies that the limit is 6, since Nick completed 6 Roadblocks.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »

I disagree.  Before the Roadblock on leg 10, Vicki mentioned that she had to do the Roadblock.  To me, that implies that the limit is 6, since Nick completed 6 Roadblocks.

I agree.  :cmas16 In S11 Leg 12, Eric said that Danielle is doing the roadblock because he had done all his Roadblocks, and he had done 6 as well.

P.S Love the Christmas themed smileys.  :cmas9

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
Six has been the base rule but like I said there have been exceptions without explanation. If they hold to the six rule then Jill and Claire will have to perform with Nat and Kat having a choice.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »
In season 16, Brent did 7 roadblocks and Caite did 5.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »

In season 10, Karlyn did 7 roadblocks while Lyn only did 5 of them. Same thing in season 16 where Brent did 7 and Caite did 5.

Lyn performed an unaired Roadblock, totaling 6 for her.
In season 16, Brent did 7 roadblocks and Caite did 5.
There was the leg with two RB so, that season is not relevant to set precedent for the RB limit rule since it's an irregular run (they didn't have a choice on who would perform the second one).

Back on topic: maybe there isn't a Roadblock at all on this leg.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:57:03 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »

Season 10 had 13 Roadblocks (Leg 7 had an unaired one, but there was spoiler video to show it was there), so clearly someone needed to do more than 6 Roadblocks.  Season 16 had the double Roadblock leg, so it seems the limit was increased to 7 per person.  In episode 10 of this season, before opening the roadblock clue, Vicki stated "Who's feeling peckish?  Me, I guess.  I've gotta do it."  Nick had already completed 6 Roadblocks, so if Vicki truly needed to do it, there would be a 6 Roadblock limit.  

I'm starting to think though that there will not be a Roadblock on the final leg.  We know teams work together on what appears to be the memory task and both team members perform the bungee drop (could be one of the detour options).  From seasons 12 on, there hasn't been a Detour, Roadblock, and memory challenge in the final leg.  Seasons 12 & 14, the Roadblock was the memory challenge.  Season 13 there was no Roadblock.  And Seasons 15 & 16 there was no Detour.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
Season 9's finale  had a Roadblock that was a memory challenge!   :xmas146

Remember this:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
Detours are essentially like two tasks, so it makes sense for the producers to cut out a task that likely no team will perform (IIRC TAR 14 had a pig detour aired as a general task).

Is bungee an RB? Because the task in the dark stadium definitely isn't.

Offline AbbyNormal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »
You guys are great, I love reading your detective work! If the Rose Bowl challenge is a memory challenge, then I have to think that the advantage goes to Nat and Kat. You can't make it through medical school without developing some serious memorization techniques.

I've been a B/C fan from the beginning, but I would be very happy to see N/K take home the $1M. Got to pay off those school loans!