Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 11 I'm Surrounded by Ninjas (Seoul, South Korea)  (Read 87166 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 17 EP 11 I'm Surrounded by Ninjas (Seoul, South Korea)
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:34 PM »
We do know Nick/Vicki were still attempting the second detour option at 4 a.m., and that was before they decided to take the penalty. Then they had to get to Phil at the pitstop to be checked in. since the penalty won't be applied until their departure on the next leg.

Even if you assume that the last team to check in before N/V was at 3 a.m., the time gap would still have been a couple of hours; and I think the other three teams finished the task before then. And unlike flying out of Dakka, flying out of Hong Kong was a lot easier in terms of the number of flight options.

For that reason alone, I don't see Nick/Vicki being able to use the flight schedules to catch up completely.  There's going to be a significant gap in Seoul, the question is how much.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »
We know how much from the spoiler sources. 5+ hours at the RB.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
We know how much from the spoiler sources. 5+ hours at the RB.

I had forgotten about that info. Thanks, peach!  :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:20 PM »
Actually, theschnauzers, the flight schedules from Hong Kong to Seoul do halp N/V catch up some. Mainly due to TPTB extending the pit stop. There is an 8 hour gap in flights from HKG to ICN (Seoul), from 4pm to midnight....the first three teams were released, so that they had to sit at HKG for that gap....negating the 6 hour detour penalty. The main reason that N/V are behind so much.......there is another gap in flights after the first three teams left HKG of about 6-7 hours.......before N/V could get out of HKG.

In retrospect, it appears to me that if N/V had of just taken a nap and tried to finish the boat detour after the sun came up.....they would have been able to catch the same flights with the other teams......The combination of taking so long and then the penalty, doomed them, which is what it is supposed to do. It is hard to see that far ahead when you are dead tired and hungry......Nick was hungy, but Vicki just had had a filling meal (actually several, considering the ones left in the toilet......:)...)......whether she enjoyed it or not........she had the nourishment....Nick didnt.

As they said in the after leg confessional.......they just had a really bad day all around.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:44:36 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

In retrospect, it appears to me that if N/V had of just taken a nap and tried to finish the boat detour after the sun came up.....they would have been able to catch the same flights with the other teams......The combination of taking so long and then the penalty, doomed them, which is what it is supposed to do. It is hard to see that far ahead when you are dead tired and hungry......Nick was hungry, but Vicki just had had a filling meal (actually several, considering the ones left in the toilet......:)...)......whether she enjoyed it or not........she had the nourishment....Nick didn't.

As they said in the after leg confessional.......they just had a really bad day all around.

I doubt they thought about a NEL while they were tired on the boat.  If they had thought about a NEL, they might have gotten to the nap until sunrise option.

Offline .Destiny

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »
Hey everyone! I've been reading this forum for a long time and I thought I'd start posting :p I love all the work you do here!

So, I haven't seen anyone mention this, but in the promo we see that for the skating challenge J/T are wearing orange number tags and that Claire is wearing a yellow number tag. There is also a pair skating together that wear blue number tags, but they look like they're just professionals (and both seemed to have short, brown hair), so I don't think that's any team.

In the preview I recognized this:

You can see both a person wearing a yellow number tag and a person wearing an orange number tag. I'm thinking this means that B/C and J/T were at that challenge at the same time.

I'm not sure what to think about the lack of N/K in the promo and preview. I'm personally hoping they remain ahead of J/T and B/C, but you never know!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:53:13 PM by .Destiny »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »
More and more the rafting is not seeming like a detour option to me. If it is then JT and BC both changed to skating, how do you change off of the rafting? It looks a lot like a general task which means we don't know the other detour option. I suspect that NK choose it and are not shown b/c the creators of the promo did not want to introduce another task at this point.

Offline NoLongerLurking

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »
Good observation, .Destiny.

Offline .Destiny

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »
More and more the rafting is not seeming like a detour option to me. If it is then JT and BC both changed to skating, how do you change off of the rafting? It looks a lot like a general task which means we don't know the other detour option. I suspect that NK choose it and are not shown b/c the creators of the promo did not want to introduce another task at this point.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. We see B/C, J/T and N/K do the rafting, so it's looking like it's just a general task and that B/C and J/T chose the skating detour. I wonder what the other Detour could be.

Thank you NoLongerLurking :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2010, 03:13:28 AM »
This is a little funny...adding this for further discussion in spec too.

This cap from the ep 11 promo does not match the clothes we see our racers wearing this ep:

So..... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2010, 03:22:17 AM »
I noticed it too and figured they could be taking random caps from other episodes.

And the ice skating task with Brooke's shrieking/screaming voiceover as she falls, might actually be Nat and Kat just that they used Brooke's voiceover? It has been done before and it's not impossible.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2010, 04:44:53 AM »
Not sure what episode Nick & Vicki's part of the cap is from, but the other three teams definitely seem to be wearing the clothes they were wearing in episode ten.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2010, 04:49:04 AM »
Not sure what episode Nick & Vicki's part of the cap is from, but the other three teams definitely seem to be wearing the clothes they were wearing in episode ten.

Not even close. :groan:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23564.msg569114.html#msg569114
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2010, 05:00:19 AM »
Well . . . Nat & Kat's are definitely from episode ten.  I remember them wearing that.  Brook & Claire's might be from Bangladesh in episode nine.  Not sure about Jill & Thomas's or Nick & Vicki's.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2010, 05:24:48 AM »
There seem to be some different clothes so it is a mystery...

Nick is in gray at the checkin airport, red when he fights with Vic...

There is a cap of that exit from the subway pic for Nat and Kat in ep 10 ...but did we actually see that? If so, their clothes are right then...

Guess they have too many clothes. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »
Not surprised about the elimination. It was nice to see an episode from my country of birth.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
Even though I have been an outspoken Speed Bump hater, I must admit that NV's Speed Bump last night actually looked like a real task...it was a far cry from sitting on ice furniture!

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »
Even though I have been an outspoken Speed Bump hater, I must admit that NV's Speed Bump last night actually looked like a real task...it was a far cry from sitting on ice furniture!

:yes:

let alone tossing coins..  :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »

If only we got to see more of the task. :(

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »

I know...the editors couldn't control NV's stupidity. I also wish they would have used that SB in a leg that mattered. Although they probably thought that leg was going to matter...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:26:48 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

I know...the editors couldn't control NV's stupidity. I also wish they would have used that SB in a leg that mattered. Although they probably thought that leg was going to matter...

Honestly, quitting the Detour was not more of a matter of stupidity, but the refusal to work together as a team.

And producers would not have expected Nick and Vicki to quit the Detour. They are not actually prophets you know; who can look into the future? :lol: Based on what we've seen, we know that Nick and Vicki barely missed their Korean flight, so without the 6 hours penalty, you'll have my bet that Nick and Vicki will be bunched together with the other teams, and the Speedbump will MATTER alot. As we know NELs are pre-determined, they definitely thought that last elimination leg matters right? Even Phil said, "The last team to check in.. WILL be eliminated"?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »

Honestly, quitting the Detour was not more of a matter of stupidity, but the refusal to work together as a team.

And producers would not have expected Nick and Vicki to quit the Detour. They are not actually prophets you know; who can look into the future? :lol: Based on what we've seen, we know that Nick and Vicki barely missed their Korean flight, so without the 6 hours penalty, you'll have my bet that Nick and Vicki will be bunched together with the other teams, and the Speedbump will MATTER alot. As we know NELs are pre-determined, they definitely thought that last elimination leg matters right? Even Phil said, "The last team to check in.. WILL be eliminated"?

Not working togeter as a team is stupidity. I think that if Nick had not acted like a jerk, they could have finished the Detour, been NEL'ed, and still made the midnight flight. Who knows who would have been eliminated then.  :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »

Not working togeter as a team is stupidity. I think that if Nick had not acted like a jerk, they could have finished the Detour, been NEL'ed, and still made the midnight flight. Who knows who would have been eliminated then.  :duno:

If you say so then. I am sad for the fact that any teams who have at least once not worked well together as a team are considered "stupid" by you. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »

If you say so then. I am sad for the fact that any teams who have at least once not worked well together as a team are considered "stupid" by you. :lol:
There is no reason for two people to go on the Race if they do not ntend to work together. I am not calling teams stupid but rather their selfish actions stupid.

Offline bowtakwah

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »
Did anyone notice that they threw a footage of Hong Kong around the 31 minute mark? :lol3: