Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 11 I'm Surrounded by Ninjas (Seoul, South Korea)  (Read 87165 times)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: TAR 17 EP 11 I'm Surrounded by Ninjas (Seoul, South Korea)
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 02:53:42 AM »
Teams were released the same place they were after the TAR 11 HK leg, outside the Conrad Hotel in Admiralty.

:hearts:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2010, 04:41:45 AM »
No Statue Square. (:;)

Teams were released the same place they were after the TAR 11 HK leg, outside the Conrad Hotel in Admiralty.

I am sure glad that RFF benefits from Neobie's "Hong Kong hometown" advantage and his quick mind. We are so very lucky.

If Nick and Vicki departed in the dark while the other teams depart in sunlight, then that is consistent with the suggestion I made that Nick-Vicki may be 8 to 10 hours behind the other teams. I haven't seen anything to suggest to me that they catch up to the other teams in the caps.  Or am I missing something?

We know they were running 5-6 hours behind from spoilers...I was told by several of our sources...

I would deduce that the three leading teams had a longer wait for their flights to Seoul than Nick and Vicki once they were released from the pit stop, which would be enough to reduce the time difference.

theschnauzers is spot on in his analysis of the reason that N/V made up some time on the first three teams. As Neobie has already posted, there is an 8 hour gap in flights from Hong Kong to Seoul.....from 1630 on June 13 to ~0025 on June 14....when there are 3 flights in a space of 15 minutes......then another gap from 0040 to 1015 for the next flght...........its very easy for TPTB to manipulate the release time from the Pit Stop to force the first 3 teams to catch one of those after midnght flights and then Nick/Vicki catch the 1015 flight.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2010, 06:45:08 AM »
Thx 4 the caps Peach!  :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
Any ideas on who this is? I would guess Kat or Thomas.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2010, 08:36:34 AM »
It is Thomas.  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »

I guess it doesn't look that feminine.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »
Quote from: Prophet
Here's the road sign Brooke and Claire are driving by, I would guess they are driving from the airport to the first clue and ditch the cars somewhere.
I couldn't find the same sign; this is the closest approximation. I wonder what's out there in Guri. It's true that the 43 is a straight shot to Cheorwon (rafting), but if you're coming from the airport there are easier ways of getting there. And to get to Guri area they would have already passed the palace seen in the intro caps.

Brook/Claire are on Highway 6 eastbound in Guri because making a left onto Highway 43 (northbound) takes you to Donggureung (or Donggu-Reung) which is immediately north of Guri. (It shows up as a green blob on the Google Maps.) Since Incheon International to Camp Casey skirts northern Seoul, and here they are in eastern Seoul.....so either they could be lost on the way to the rafting, or lost on the way to Camp Casey after finding the palace, or maybe another Route Info stop.

Can anyone figure out caps 20-25??

It is a bit unusual to have that many frames of just a location shot...so makes me wonder if it is significant somehow? ???

It looks church-y, to me. Maybe it's taken from when the teams are cutting through Seoul to get to Guri....it's almost like they are on an expressway viaduct in an urban area :duno:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:11:05 AM by florida »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2010, 10:01:34 AM »

Thomas is also seen on the rafting. If, as we suppose, rafting and ice-skating are the detour options does this mean that they did both, failed ice-scating and did rafting and still came first at pit stop? Is there another explanation? Perhaps they are not detour options but general task? :duno:

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
nothing.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »

Thomas is also seen on the rafting. If, as we suppose, rafting and ice-skating are the detour options does this mean that they did both, failed ice-scating and did rafting and still came first at pit stop? Is there another explanation? Perhaps they are not detour options but general task? :duno:

Claire is also seen doing both the skating and the rafting. Ever since the preview came out I have been thinking this leg might have a double roadblock. The skating and the headbands would be the roadblocks with the rafting being a general task similar to the department store task of TAR 16's double RB leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
Quote from: Prophet
Here's the road sign Brooke and Claire are driving by, I would guess they are driving from the airport to the first clue and ditch the cars somewhere.
I couldn't find the same sign; this is the closest approximation. I wonder what's out there in Guri. It's true that the 43 is a straight shot to Cheorwon (rafting), but if you're coming from the airport there are easier ways of getting there. And to get to Guri area they would have already passed the palace seen in the intro caps.

Hey Slowhatch, Brook/Claire are on Highway 6 eastbound in Guri because making a left onto Highway 43 (northbound) takes you to Donggureung (or Donggu-Reung) which is immediately north of Guri. (It shows up as a green blob on the Google Maps.)

That is correct. Here is the map I put out about that on Monday:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23565.msg578241.html#msg578241.
On there you can also see Guri city hall to the south beneath the other arrow.
The interesting part is that Hwy 6 brings them all the way from the airport to that location.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23565.msg578241.html#msg578241.
The interesting part is that Hwy 6 brings them all the way from the airport to that location.

Sorry for reposting the same information  :lol: I get excited with road signs and maps. The original message has been edited.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »

Sorry for reposting the same information  :lol: I get excited with road signs and maps. The original message has been edited.

I wasn't griping about your post just confirming your info and adding some of my own.   :hugs:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
Not the 6, I think; probably the eastbound Bukbu expressway just above it. The sign in the promo cap would seem to imply a T-junction. Also, we're looking for a divided road with a median and frontage parking. The only thing that fits the bill is the feeder street cars use to access the northbound 43 from the Bukbu (the partial cloverleaf nearby is for the 100). Here's the map; it's one of the few streets in the area without streetview.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »
Slowhatch blows our minds again.  I wondered about the T-junction... :duh:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »

Claire is also seen doing both the skating and the rafting. Ever since the preview came out I have been thinking this leg might have a double roadblock. The skating and the headbands would be the roadblocks with the rafting being a general task similar to the department store task of TAR 16's double RB leg.
I don't think the skating is a RB. In caps 43-44 of the first promo you can see two people together on the ice ring and both have a problem standing up. Besides I think that in this sport you can have a relay.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »
It is Thomas.  :tup:

I don't think the skating is a RB. In caps 43-44 of the first promo you can see two people together on the ice ring and both have a problem standing up. Besides I think that in this sport you can have a relay.

So the DT choice is water or ice? If so, then all or most teams switch back and forth.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:44 PM »
We don't know that yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
We don't know that yet.

I'm just speculating.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:42 PM »
TVGuide just put out a slightly different description of this week's episode:

Amazing Race 17 Episode: "I'm Surrounded by Ninjas"
Season 17, Episode 11
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Seoul, where teams participate in white-water rafting and speed-skating challenges. At the pit stop, the final four teams are reduced to the three pairs who will race to the finish line for the top $1 million prize.
Original Air Date: Dec 5, 2010

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/Amazing-Race-2010/episode-11-season-17/im-surrounded-ninjas/306700

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
Maybe one or both the whitewater rafting and the speedskating are general tasks?
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
Just received this from Paul, who is Korean and studying in the US.

He says:

I was looking at the RFF and just wanted to help y'all.

1. Capture 14 shows 철원래프팅리조트 (Cheolwon Rafting Resort) on the boat. It is located near Hantan River. So the bridge someone found on Daum is correct I believe. And that location is in same town as polar plunge task in season 4.

2. Captures 20-25. I think it is subway. I see the window and bar to hold. Near Dongducheon in Navy line (Line 1) it is above ground. I'm not 100% sure though.

3. Capture 44. It is Mokdong Ice Link. Google Image it and it will show similar picture and brief location within Seoul.

4. The roadsign in capture 18-19 is for the T intersection right above the red circle in the map of Slowhatch's post.
I see children protected area sign which I believe is for 인창초등학교 (Inchang Elementry School).

5. I also believe the pit stop was Sang-Am Worldcup Stadium. J/T are getting off Worldcup Stadium Station (Subway line 6) in the preview.

Hope this helps=)

And enjoy TAR in Korea!

Also rafting and skating are very far location so I  think at least one of them are not detour option for sure...

:bigwelcome  and many thanks, Paul!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Paul from Korea!  :yourock:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
What if Nick and Wicki still have a chance?? They run to the Pitstop, and I think that if the producers didn't "cut" their appearance this leg is because they have a chance, maybe??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
They were nearly 6 hours behind at the RB....   :'( 
RFF's Golden Rule: