Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 10 "I Hate Chinese Food" (Hong Kong, China)  (Read 93712 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17 EP 10 "I Hate Chinese Food" (Hong Kong, China)
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »
This looks promising...

:barf
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:45:24 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »
This looks promising...

My DVR listing, of TAR this AM, also indicated the a team member threatens to quit the race!  I don't remember the exact wording.  I will look it up tonight and post.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 02:25:38 PM »
This looks promising...

My DVR listing, of TAR this AM, also indicated the a team member threatens to quit the race!  I don't remember the exact wording.  I will look it up tonight and post.

It sounds like something similar to the RB in leg 3 of season 7. I have to lean towards thinking it is Nat and Kat. We know this is a NEL so it could be them...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:30:32 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »
This looks promising...

My DVR listing, of TAR this AM, also indicated the a team member threatens to quit the race!  I don't remember the exact wording.  I will look it up tonight and post.

It sounds like something similar to the RB in leg 3 of season 7. I have to lean towards thinking it is Nat and Kat. We know this is a NEL so it could be them...
I think it's Nick or Vicki, actually, who threatens to.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »
This looks promising...

I agree with Levi Rinno -- I actually think either Nick or Vicki threatens to quit.  Maybe this is why they fall so far behind in their last leg (which we know is in South Korea).

Belle Book

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 08:38:45 PM »
This looks promising...

My DVR listing, of TAR this AM, also indicated the a team member threatens to quit the race!  I don't remember the exact wording.  I will look it up tonight and post.

I agree with Levi Rinno -- I actually think either Nick or Vicki threatens to quit.  Maybe this is why they fall so far behind in their last leg (which we know is in South Korea).

Belle Book

Maybe it has to do with their bickering at the ferry terminal
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »

WITH ONLY FOUR TEAMS REMAINING, RACERS BECOME VIOLENTLY ILL IN HONG KONG AND STRUGGLE TO FIND THE ENERGY TO STAY IN THE GAME, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 28

"I Hate Chinese Food" (Hong Kong) — After Racers become violently ill during a challenge, the stress of the Race finally catches up to one team as a Racer threatens to quit, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Here's the full episode description:

WITH ONLY FOUR TEAMS REMAINING, RACERS BECOME VIOLENTLY ILL IN HONG KONG AND STRUGGLE TO FIND THE ENERGY TO STAY IN THE GAME, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 28

"I Hate Chinese Food" (Hong Kong) - After Racers become violently ill during a challenge, the stress of the Race finally catches up to one team as a Racer threatens to quit, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Peach and I must have gotten it at the same time, and I type slower.

And from the promo that aired during NCIS:LA, the food that causes the "violent illness" looks like sushi....but I thought that was Japanese. Is there a Chinese equivalent? I don't eat the stuff so I really do not know.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 09:39:20 PM »
 I dont eat bait, so I couldnt tell you what Sushi looks like.......sorry
Matthew 7:15

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
Here's the full episode description:

"I Hate Chinese Food" (Hong Kong) - After Racers become violently ill during a challenge, the stress of the Race finally catches up to one team as a Racer threatens to quit, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.

Peach and I must have gotten it at the same time, and I type slower.

And from the promo that aired during NCIS:LA, the food that causes the "violent illness" looks like sushi....but I thought that was Japanese. Is there a Chinese equivalent? I don't eat the stuff so I really do not know.

Nothing equivalent to sushi in China.

So this will be a NEL, correct? Has that been confirmed or is it just pretty much logic since you can't really do an NEL at the second-to-last leg?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »

So this will be a NEL, correct? Has that been confirmed or is it just pretty much logic since you can't really do an NEL at the second-to-last leg?

I think it is most likely to be a NEL. Unless they follow TAR 9, and have three teams race in the penultimate leg, making that a NEL, though it is unlikely.  :snicker:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:33 AM »
I dont eat bait, so I couldnt tell you what Sushi looks like.......sorry

It's actually pretty pleasant, and they are some yummy non-fish sushi.

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »
ive read that two girl team and one male/female team got to the final three is there a possiblity that NICK/VICKI is the male/female team?

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 03:21:26 AM »
ive read that two girl team and one male/female team got to the final three is there a possiblity that NICK/VICKI is the male/female team?
No, it's unfortunately Jill & Thomas.  Nick & Vicki go out in fourth.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
The one who wants  to quit has to be Nick he is always complaining for something and when something goes wrong usually accuses Vicky. I will be glad to see them go, although Tomas is equally annoying with his condescending manner towards Jill, just because he has a higher education than her.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
No promo yet?  :duno:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »
The one who wants  to quit has to be Nick he is always complaining for something and when something goes wrong usually accuses Vicky. I will be glad to see them go, although Tomas is equally annoying with his condescending manner towards Jill, just because he has a higher education than her.

Actually, with the yelling that Nick was doing in the promo, maybe Vicky threatens to quit if Nick doesn't straighten up!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2010, 02:44:31 PM »
Whichever one wants to quit is probably the one who can't eat whatever it is. They may take the 4hr penalty.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »
We don't know that it's a RB though, I thought. It could be half of a Detour, or a general task.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
We don't know that it's a RB though, I thought. It could be half of a Detour, or a general task.

I wasn't saying it was a RB although it seems like the most likely thing. It could be any task.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »
The type of task is important as the length of the penalty for quitting a task is different for each type. That it took until the last couple of seasons to learn there was a penalty for a general task, and that in fact, the quitting a detour is still 24 hours, was one of the surprises of the recent editions of TAR.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »
The type of task is important as the length of the penalty for quitting a task is different for each type. That it took until the last couple of seasons to learn there was a penalty for a general task, and that in fact, the quitting a detour is still 24 hours, was one of the surprises of the recent editions of TAR.

Well, the penalty for a general task was a surprise.  However, I remember the 24-hour penalty for the Detour -- Nancy & Emily broke a rule in the first season by taking a bus to the Pit Stop instead of looking for the key to the car (in effect, quitting the Detour) and thus got the 24-hour penalty there.

When I suggested that Nick & Vicki fall so far behind because one of them threatens to quit, I was thinking that the task was a Roadblock and that the person who did the Roadblock (most likely Vicki) actually did quit and took the penalty as a result.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »
caps when I can guys, hopefully tonight!

Thanks prophet!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »

Well, the penalty for a general task was a surprise.
From what I remember:

General task = 2 hours
Roadblock = 4 hours
Detour = 24 hours