Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92210 times)

NoluckBoston

Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2010, 09:28:54 PM »
Wanted to point this out too.

It looks like Jill and Thomas driver is wearing red.  In this screen grab the driver is wearing tan.  So two different teams and different times?

laimis

« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
i think that this leg is gonna be NEL

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010, 08:10:58 AM »
Errps I sure hope not! I would totally scream at the tv if it really happened. All the suspense and intense competition between 2 teams to not get eliminated... only to end with a NEL  (:;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »
Errps I sure hope not! I would totally scream at the tv if it really happened. All the suspense and intense competition between 2 teams to not get eliminated... only to end with a NEL  (:;)

That's what I think too. It doesn't make sense to end that way. Besides they like the format of the NEL right before the final elimination.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2010, 08:58:48 AM »

That's what I think too. It doesn't make sense to end that way. Besides they like the format of the NEL right before the final elimination.

Yup, that appears to be the trend from the past few seasons! I hope CBS didn't decide to change it this season, cause frankly, I don't really like seeing C/S and N/V on the show that much. :P

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
Errps I sure hope not! I would totally scream at the tv if it really happened. All the suspense and intense competition between 2 teams to not get eliminated... only to end with a NEL  (:;)

Yup, that appears to be the trend from the past few seasons! I hope CBS didn't decide to change it this season, cause frankly, I don't really like seeing C/S and N/V on the show that much. :P

You're in luck. According to the evidence, neither one of those makes it to the final.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
Has anybody had any luck with this building? It looks like they're running near it, so maybe the first info stop or a pitstop. White, maybe colonial, high archways and "pawnbroker" lamps...I've been looking around downtown and Old Dhaka, but no luck yet.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:38:17 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »
its probably the palace for the oman pitstop

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
I think you're right: I can't find an exact match, but the elements are close enough. Thanks  :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
I think you're right: I can't find an exact match, but the elements are close enough. Thanks  :tup:

Yeah, if the teams checked in from about 8pm to midnight they will be leaving in mid/late morning Muscat time.

As far as what time they arrive I would guess late afternoon. Flights looked they took anywhere from eight to eighteen hours, but they lose time flying eastbound. Dhaka is two hours ahead of Muscat. So, if they get an eight hour flight leaving at 10am they would arrive at 4pm local time which looks about right from the caps.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »

It would be nice if they changed it up somewhat with the final NEL at the F5, thus, making everyone work harder for the prize.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »

It would be nice if they changed it up somewhat with the final NEL at the F5, thus, making everyone work harder for the prize.

I tend to agree with you. This would also make the show less predictable.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »

I tend to agree with you. This would also make the show less predictable.
I agree, too.  But maybe in a later season.  With a Double U-Turn coming up, though?  No.  Should be elimination.  No point in making all this drama and tension for nothing.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »
We have confirmed spoiler sighting of Jill/Thomas in the Muscat airport at midnight of June 9/10, which would indicate an extended pit stop.......From what Mallory said in post elimination interviews, they checked in at midnight on evening of June 8/9, just a few minutes after Nat and Kat. So expect Nat/Kat to be about 5 hours behind C/S and J/T in leaving the pit stop in Muscat.
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »
I agree, too.  But maybe in a later season.  With a Double U-Turn coming up, though?  No.  Should be elimination.  No point in making all this drama and tension for nothing.

The only reason you don't want a NEL is it would make all your predictions on all the TAR boards worthless. You would have to eat crow in too many places.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »

The only reason you don't want a NEL is it would make all your predictions on all the TAR boards worthless. You would have to eat crow in too many places.
No, it's for what I said.  It wouldn't make sense to do this on an NEL.  Don't go assuming anything you don't know for sure.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2010, 05:01:33 PM »

Why so grumpy? No one wants this to be a NEL.

We have confirmed spoiler sighting of Jill/Thomas in the Muscat airport at midnight of June 9/10, which would indicate an extended pit stop.......From what Mallory said in post elimination interviews, they checked in at midnight on evening of June 8/9, just a few minutes after Nat and Kat. So expect Nat/Kat to be about 5 hours behind C/S and J/T in leaving the pit stop in Muscat.

That helps explain the time situation. Probably some flight drama, because there seemed to be a lot of choices to get from Muscat to Dhaka.
Although, they all seem to be there at the same time, perhaps an HoO catches them up.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »
You see, I think TPTB are trying this double U-Turn because they are going to have this leg be a NEL which none of the teams would be expecting.

It heightens the drama and energy for the remainder of the Race because teams will know they have no room for error after this leg; and it will rack up the killer fatigue to near-records heights.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »
You see, I think TPTB are trying this double U-Turn because they are going to have this leg be a NEL which none of the teams would be expecting.

It heightens the drama and energy for the remainder of the Race because teams will know they have no room for error after this leg; and it will rack up the killer fatigue to near-records heights.

Yeah......exactly what he said. If anything, this season can be called the season of unpredictability.....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »

Well that's an idea...

U-turning two teams and having a NEL seems to be too cautious by production. However I can see your point.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »

Yeah......exactly what he said. If anything, this season can be called the season of unpredictability.....

That, and it makes everyone WAYYY more cutthroat and prone to sabotaging each other....which isn't a bad thing.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »

That, and it makes everyone WAYYY more cutthroat and prone to sabotaging each other....which isn't a bad thing.

I said all along that I thought there should be a NEL at F5, to make things unpredictable. I'm just not sure that there will be.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:07:50 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
No one wants this to be a NEL.

Since you have only been a member here for 18 days, I will give you the benefit of doubt.

If you had been here after Amanda and Kris were eliminated on a U-turn leg in TAR 13 14 or Joe/Heidi were eliminated on a U turn leg in TAR 16......and heard all the howling and moaning about how unfair it was........maybe you could see the BEAUTY in having a double U turn leg and no elimination.........

And how do you know that "No one" wants it to be a NEL.....that presumes you know what everyone wants, which you don't. It's not really "wanting", it's about predicting/forecasting/speculating it. It seems more like you don't want it to be a NEL and that is okay too.

Edited to correct the TAR13/14 Typo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:28:59 PM by DrRox »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
No one wants this to be a NEL.

Since you have only been a member here for 18 days, I will give you the benefit of doubt.

If you had been here after Amanda and Kris were eliminated on a U-turn leg in TAR 13 or Joe/Heidi were eliminated on a U turn leg in TAR 16......and heard all the howling and moaning about how unfair it was........maybe you could see the BEAUTY in having a double U turn leg and no elimination.........

And how do you know that "No one" wantsi t to be a NEL.....that presumes you know what everyone wants, which you don't. It's not really "wanting", it's about predicting/forecasting/speculating it. It seems more like you don't want it to be a NEL and that is okay too.

Very well said Dr. Rox. :tup: I'd love this to be an NEL, I don't want a team to be out because of the W-Turn.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »
It's fully possible that it may be an NEL - CBS has learnt to change things after so many years! However, based on all the deductions made for the F4 and F3, I just hope it isnt :P Oh yeah, so it appears that there is a bunching point for the teams, right? I think N/K were pretty far behind all the teams after the leg in Oman. Also I wonder if N/K are in front of the teams when they choose who to U-Turn... I thought they'd be viewed as threats :P