Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92208 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »
Nat and Kat may have been sailing the waters near Sadarghat Port, but I think any port in the Buriganga River might apply too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dhaka-bangla-port.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Steamers_in_Sadarghat_Dhaka.jpg

... and Nat and Kat have been discussing about the U-Turn in a cab... does this imply anything? I guess they are first and they don't use it, and they discuss about it. :duno: (Sorry for this added U-Turn discussion) :lol: nvm. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »
Here are the CBS Bio pics:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
I also find the order of the caps interesting...sighting of the UTurn Clue box>>>change to Nat and Kat in the car>>>back to J/T arr at UTurn.

Hmmmm.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
Here are caps on either side of the others I posted, in case they help.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2010, 08:41:29 PM »
Nick and Vic:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
I don't know if this is real or even important. There is flag on the back of one of the rickshaws in this picture in the lower right corner. Maybe they have to use them?

I saw that too, I figure its just the rickshaws that they are seen using. The race flag looks a little funny though...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
B/C's bio pic is still the only on that has pink on the right as you are looking at it. However, I still think that the pink in the pic on the board looks to be towards the bottom right corner, this does not fit any of the bio pics. Thoughts?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
In B/C's bio pic Brooke has a bright lime green backpack to the left of the shot. You would think with the angle we are seeing that at we could see that pack.  :duno:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
I don't know if this is real or even important. There is flag on the back of one of the rickshaws in this picture in the lower right corner. Maybe they have to use them?

I would suspect in the conditions of South Asia, that they mark the rickshaw the team is in, so the soundman and cameraman's rickshaw doesn't "lose" them.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »
B/C's bio pic is still the only on that has pink on the right as you are looking at it. However, I still think that the pink in the pic on the board looks to be towards the bottom right corner, this does not fit any of the bio pics. Thoughts?
I think the picture on the U-Turn board is Brook & Claire's from when they were still in Reno and hadn't left for the race yet.  I can barely see them wearing the same clothes from their pre-race interview.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 08:56:40 PM »
But it seems to me that they use pics that don't have backpacks when it comes to U-Turns. ;)

**currently getting screenies of past U-Turns**

EDIT: Maybe they are using the same pics taken from the credits (I mean when the AR song plays and the names of the teams are shown)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:05:14 PM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »
Wrong tree, guys! They DO NOT use the CBS team pictures for the U-Turn. It's usually taken on the same day as the Opening Credit shots are filmed, but it's not a hard and fast rule.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:07:16 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Find us some? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

calibound234

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »
the picture on the UTURN board is definately Brook and Claire..

you can see the pink and look at the blonde haircut.. you can tell its Brook

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
IN A SERIES FIRST, TWO TEAMS ARE U-TURNED AND HAVE TO FIGHT TO KEEP UP WITH THE REST OF THE PACK, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, NOV. 21

"There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets" (Dhaka, Bangladesh) — Tension among the teams runs high when, for the first time ever, two teams are U-turned and have to complete an extra task, jeopardizing their chances of making it to the final four, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
The photos come from their pre-race interviews. Here's the match for Brent/Caite, in a pre-race interview from Episode 1.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Using Photoshop and the "Curves" magic, I have found the elusive first courtesy space.

Exactly where I said it was.  My good eye must have really benefited from the cataract surgery last month. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
Using Photoshop and the "Curves" magic, I have found the elusive first courtesy space.

Exactly where I said it was.  My good eye must have really benefited from the cataract surgery last month. :)
I'd worry if you suddenly started seeing the future, though
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »

I still had TAR on my DVR, so I checked the coming attractions and the small box with a 1 is clearly visible just to the side of the large box with a 1.  Unfortunately, the small box is entirely within the black arrow and barely visible.  So 2 regular U-turns.  J/T > B/C, but I couldn't tell if or who N/V U-Turn.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »

I still had TAR on my DVR, so I checked the coming attractions and the small box with a 1 is clearly visible just to the side of the large box with a 1.  Unfortunately, the small box is entirely within the black arrow and barely visible.  So 2 regular U-turns.  J/T > B/C, but I couldn't tell if or who N/V U-Turn.

Okay i need to go get a pair of specs or what cause i really don't see it. But whatever it is, i am sure all of you see it and 2 regular U-TURNs it is! :tup:

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2010, 01:05:13 AM »
I don't know how to do screencaps, but I just went back and checked the credits.

The background of the quick Brooke and Claire pose is a pink tree behind Brooke. They're getting UTurned by Jill and Thomas.

The background behind Nat and Kat's title shot is OR monitors/equipment and it's grayish blue.

The background behind Chad and Stephanie's title shot is blue on blue sea/sky behind them.

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:07 AM »
Hey there everyone!

Hmm...posting here after a very long time and I usually don't visit the spoilers section but the TAR finally visited my country and the gracious peach asked me so how could I not!

Coming to the main point, you guys are gonna be so disappointed that I don't have much to add because I'm not a resident of Dhaka so I wont be that much help recognizing the locations. Shame on me :( But I do have a very good friend in Dhaka and I'll ask him to drop by and see if he can help!

Okay, the first shot looks like the place Gulistan. I think the places shown are around Gulistan Bazar and that shot where Brooke & Claire are asking a rickshawala is around Gulistan cinema hall. I'm not completely sure though. These are actually parts of the Old Dhaka or 'Puran Dhaka' as we call it. God bless them if they really went to Gulistan because its the HQ of pickpocketers!

And Cocoa you're absolutely right about the river. It has to be the Buriganga river and guessing from the quantity of launches and boats nearby, it must the Sadar Ghat.

About that marked rickshaw, yes it has to be marked if the teams are on it because there's no way of telling two rickshaws apart in a place like Gulistan. And I think there is a task where the teams has to use a rickshaw because you can't come to Bangladesh and not ride a rickshaw, just riding it in the main streets of Dhaka/Chittagong could be a task in itself! And I'm pretty sure there's gonna be no self driving cause an American driver is quiet unlikely to survive the streets of Bangladesh!

Thats all I can think of now! Sorry that I was a bit of a let‐down guys!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010, 01:41:25 AM »
 :wohoo:

You just gave us the names of three locations!! NO letdown at all!!

:welcome2: Back!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jeesan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 02:09:28 AM »
Thank you peach!!!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 03:13:27 AM »
Yay! Thank you Jeesan! :hearts: And welcome back! :jam: