Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92200 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Guys, I think this is the most logical U-TURN explanation i can think of, YET.
See the U-TURN (1) and U-TURN (2) and then another COURTESY OF (2) on the photo above?
So this means ->
U-TURN (1) is a BLIND U-TURN, don't need to put up COURTESY OF photo
Hence,
Jill and Thomas U-TURN Brooke and Claire
Then Nick and Vicki arrived, with Brooke and Claire's photo on and decided to U-TURN (Chad and Stephanie?), but as the second U-TURN is a NORMAL U-TURN, they have to put their photo up.
Hmm, don't know if i'm right.

Now that you say that I think we are both slightly wrong. Here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23563.msg572969.html#msg572969, you can see that there is a photo on the right. So it is not Blind, however that pic is not another yield photo like I thought but Jill and Thomas' courtesy photo. In the cap of Jill laughing here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23563.msg572961.html#msg572961, it is visible.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
Considering that we saw Jill & Thomas have a rivalry with Chad & Stephanie and Nick & Vicki have a rivalry with Brook & Claire, my guess is that Nick & Vicki U-Turn Brook & Claire while Jill & Thomas U-Turn Chad & Stephanie.  Don't know which use of a U-Turn comes first, however.

Belle Book

Offline VoltageRunning

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »
I've been reading this entire thing and just wondering. For all you know Jill and Thomas could have U Turned Brooke and Claire just by simply seeing them close by. At that point you know atleast you hit someone with one. We can see that when Jill and Thomas get to the U turn it's empty and when Nick and Vicki get there Brooke and claire are up so I'd assume Jill and Thomas turned Brooke and Claire.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 10:32:28 AM »
I've been reading this entire thing and just wondering. For all you know Jill and Thomas could have U Turned Brooke and Claire just by simply seeing them close by. At that point you know atleast you hit someone with one. We can see that when Jill and Thomas get to the U turn it's empty and when Nick and Vicki get there Brooke and claire are up so I'd assume Jill and Thomas turned Brooke and Claire.

:welcome2:

That is certainly a good perspective to keep in mind.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »
Guys, I think this is the most logical U-TURN explanation i can think of, YET.
See the U-TURN (1) and U-TURN (2) and then another COURTESY OF (2) on the photo above?
So this means ->
U-TURN (1) is a BLIND U-TURN, don't need to put up COURTESY OF photo
Hence,
Jill and Thomas U-TURN Brooke and Claire
Then Nick and Vicki arrived, with Brooke and Claire's photo on and decided to U-TURN (Chad and Stephanie?), but as the second U-TURN is a NORMAL U-TURN, they have to put their photo up.
Hmm, don't know if i'm right.

Now that you say that I think we are both slightly wrong. Here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23563.msg572969.html#msg572969, you can see that there is a photo on the right. So it is not Blind, however that pic is not another yield photo like I thought but Jill and Thomas' courtesy photo. In the cap of Jill laughing here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23563.msg572961.html#msg572961, it is visible.

The only few explanations i can think of -

1. Jill and Thomas just wants to put their photo up to piss the hell out of Brooke and Claire
2. They're dumb and didn't realise they didn't have to put their COURTESY OF photo up
3. I'm wrong and it's not a Blind U-TURN

But then how come there's no (1) Courtesy Of photo up??

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:39 AM »
Well, definitely not a Blind U-Turn, you can seen Jill & Thomas courtesy off picture, besides B/S.

The assessment of C/S dropping from 1st to last here will probably happen and they'll probably be U-turned by N/V.

Just some speculation.

J/T, B/S will probably be on top part of the pack, hence Jill and Thomas deciding to U-Turn them, not just to make them mad, but to give them edge to the game.

Probably due to some mistake C/S will have dropped to the bottom pack and N/V will be neck by neck with them during Detour. N/V U-turn will then probably cause the elimination of Chad and Stephanie.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »

There is, click on the bold link.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »

There is, click on the bold link.

I know i know, Jill and Thomas's photo is up. I know.

I'm talking about the one i uploaded. Where is the COURTESY OF photo space that is supposed to place the first team who uses the U-TURN? That was why i came to a conclusion that Jill and Thomas's U-TURN might be a Blind U-TURN after all?

And it would be disturbing to watch them put up their own COURTESY OF photo to piss off Brooke and Claire just because they felt cocky doing it if it's a Blind U-TURN after all. Definitely hope not!!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
If you look really closely, you can see the smaller "1" on the black to the left of the faintly outlined larger box with a "1", and above the faintly outlined smaller box with a "2".

The space outlined for the smaller one is completely on the black of the arrow, so it is impossible to see a box outline; but the smaller "1" is there.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
I still don't see it, but maybe we'll find out next week. I really doubt it's a Blind U-TURN too. Because they would have called it the Mega U-TURN or what? LOL

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »
I think the schnauzers may be correct, although it is possible that Jill and Thomas just aren't very smart...

calibound234

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 12:09:35 PM »
Could it be that Jill & Thomas arived first and decided to U-Turn Brooke and Claire..

Nick and Vicky arrive 2nd and decide not to U-Turn anybody (just say they realize that Brook and Claire are right behind them, so they decide to put their own photo back in the box and continue racing without worrying about pissing any teams off, knowing that Brooke and Claire would U-Turn another team because it would be the only GUARANTEE that they still have a shot staying in the race).

Brooke and Claire than arrive 3rd and decide to U-Turn Chad and Stephanie.. They have an alliance/friendship with Nat and Kat so it would be the only logical choice left.

Than it wouldn't matter whether Nat and Kat arrived next or Chad and Stephanie.

Nat and Kat could also possibly U-Turn Chad and Stephanie if they realize Brooke and Claire are in trouble..

Who knows.. just some ideas.. not sure if they could really be possible or not.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
PREVIEW caps!

The pictures used on the U-Turn board are usually the same ones posted on the CBS site.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Based on the CBS pictures, only 2 teams have on pink - Brooke/Claire & Chad/Stephanie.  It could be either team because the angle on the sign is so poor.

laimis

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 03:09:35 PM »
PREVIEW caps!

The pictures used on the U-Turn board are usually the same ones posted on the CBS site.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Based on the CBS pictures, only 2 teams have on pink - Brooke/Claire & Chad/Stephanie.  It could be either team because the angle on the sign is so poor.

no, there are brook and claire, because in photo of Chad and Stephany, Stephany stands in right side and in that picture (in u-turn) theres a blond girl in left side

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 03:29:35 PM »
Those pre-race photos are always significant. Thats how the teams are supposed to sit in vehicles if they are in the same seat and how they stand on the mat. Even the teams at ES sit in the same order. Jill/Thomas and Chad/Stephanie were posed differently so the crew can tell them apart.....both are young couples with dark haired men and blonde women.

Just a reminder, the pics in the box on the U turn stand are pics of teams to be U turned, ie The U-turned. The pics of the U-turners are given to the teams at the start line in the Amazing Race documents travel pouch. If they lose the little pic, then they cannont U-turn anyone. I remember a few races back that we couldnt understand why a team didnt use the U-turn.....after the race was over, we found out that they had lost their little pic.

It seems that production this year has been pretty lax in making them sit that way.......ie, Nat and Kat reversed in the taxi in this episode. I think Nat is just so used to getting in the cab first......and didnt think about them driving on the left hand side of the road in Bangladesh.

The teams that are looking at the pics, have already finished the detour and that other clue box is the next route marker. I think Jill is reading the extra detour clues to find out exactly what they are supposed to do at the double U turn. They have to finish with the U turn box before they can go to the next route info box.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:55:21 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »
So they are definitely not allowed to get the next clue before finishing the U-turn? That makes sense but why is the clue box open?

Another thought is that the team that is U-turned first would not U-turn someone else because they probably have to finish the other detour task first.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
(My last comment about the U-Turn x 2. :lol:)

I believe the editors gave us a foreshadow about what's to come in the U-turn. My cents is to Jill and Thomas U-Turning Chad and Stephanie, for "stealing their first place", while Nick and Vicki (esp Nick) bummed to see Brook and Claire in last leg and hence, they U-Turn them. (Please don't comment. :neener:)

(Okay, I'm nuff with this U-Turn, can we just make a new thread for this U-turn because, I bet, this thread is just gonna be full of U-Turn speculation and ideas. :lol:)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:26:11 PM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
(My last comment about the U-Turn x 2. :lol:)

I believe the editors gave us a foreshadow about what's to come in the U-turn. My cents is to Jill and Thomas U-Turning Chad and Stephanie, for "stealing their first place", while Nick and Vicki (esp Nick) bummed to see Brook and Claire in last leg and hence, they U-Turn them. (Please don't comment. :neener:)

(Okay, I'm nuff with this U-Turn, can we just make a new thread for this U-turn because, I bet, this thread is just gonna be full of U-Turn speculation and ideas. :lol:)

Why so worried? It's not like there is anything else to cover on this leg. I agree with your logic but the evidence doesn't seem to back it up. I have to wonder if N/V even do it, would they tell us both of them without any tricks?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »
Using Photoshop and the "Curves" magic, I have found the elusive first courtesy space.

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »
Using Photoshop and the "Curves" magic, I have found the elusive first courtesy space.

Nice work!  :jumpy:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »
I don't know if this is real or even important. There is flag on the back of one of the rickshaws in this picture in the lower right corner. Maybe they have to use them?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »
Wow!! That's a great spot! Must have something to do with your avatar :lol:!!

There are about 30 caps for that crowd scene, let me go see if there are more!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
Don't see any more...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »
Rickshwas are famous actaul number one city with rickshaws

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »
On  cap #18 and 19 I see two girls with white shirts and you can see black long hair and idk if anyone said that earlier but I think Nick and Vicki might want to u-turn nat and kat. :duno:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS