Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92209 times)

Offline eamon_smith89

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
The team will wear different outfits though, but the background will be much the same. Like this one.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2010, 12:01:32 PM »
Who's ready to bet?

Nat  & Kat decide not to U-turn
Jill & Thomas u-turned Brook & Claire
Nick & Vicki u-turned Chad & Stephanie

First team arrived at the pit stop is Nat & Kat
Last to pitstop : Chad & Stephanie

I like it, except not sold on N/K arriving first. I can't decide.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »
The team will wear different outfits though, but the background will be much the same. Like this one.

That's odd, how many different pics do they have to pose for? And why so many?

First there are the back pack pictures that go online and seem to be from the start line.

Then the video clips (not really pics) that go on the tv intro

Thirdly the yield/U-turn pics the producers keep on hand

Maybe they are trying to make it harder on us. But its not working! :grins: :werock:

Offline NotKaren

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
I don't know how to do screencaps, but I just went back and checked the credits.

The background of the quick Brooke and Claire pose is a pink tree behind Brooke. They're getting UTurned by Jill and Thomas.

The background behind Nat and Kat's title shot is OR monitors/equipment and it's grayish blue.

The background behind Chad and Stephanie's title shot is blue on blue sea/sky behind them.

Thank you eamon, for doing what this poor technologically-challenged n00b couldn't! :)

I like the Nat/Kat theory because it doesn't make sense to me that Chad/Stephanie would get UTurned before them, I think it's just a case of Nick/Vicky only having one team behind them and that's Jerk and co.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
I knew I had seen those pink flowers somewhere!! Thank you so much eamon_smith89!! Nice start! :lol:

And :welcome2: to RFF!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »
I don't know how to do screencaps, but I just went back and checked the credits.

The background of the quick Brooke and Claire pose is a pink tree behind Brooke. They're getting UTurned by Jill and Thomas.

The background behind Nat and Kat's title shot is OR monitors/equipment and it's grayish blue.

The background behind Chad and Stephanie's title shot is blue on blue sea/sky behind them.

Thank you eamon, for doing what this poor technologically-challenged n00b couldn't! :)

I like the Nat/Kat theory because it doesn't make sense to me that Chad/Stephanie would get UTurned before them, I think it's just a case of Nick/Vicky only having one team behind them and that's Jerk and co.

That' probably true considering that N/V don't really have a vendetta with anyone. Also looks like Chad is back in form for this one. :snics: I was starting to worry about him last week.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Who's ready to bet?

I like it, except not sold on N/K arriving first. I can't decide.
I don't think they'll win this next leg.  They were with Brook & Claire and Chad & Stephanie, so I think they'll all get to the U-Turn around the same time, or Nat & Kat will get far enough ahead of Nick & Vicki, at least, not to worry about getting U-Turned.  Or they'll be behind them, and Nick & Vicki will just U-Turn Chad & Stephanie out of panic.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »
I am going to assume the brick carry and stacking job is harder but much faster and all the teams do it. Since only C/S and B/C.........they do the U turn detour too.

It looks like they are getting the bricks off of the boats too, I wonder how far they have to walk for each trip back and forth. By the way Chad is acting it seems like they are doing the bricks as their "U-turn task."

It looks like they collect the bricks from a boat and then dump the bricks into some type of conveyor system. I suspect they reload the bricks at the top of the conveyor system and transport them to the stacking area.

Are you sure she's not just dropping them?

There is no conveyor system so she's dropping them on accident. There is a 45 second video on Youtube showing a guy balancing bricks on his head and walking off the boat to transport them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HyTyTbS5A
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:21:56 PM by florida »

calibound234

« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Or Brook and Claire UTURN Chad and Stephanie as their only chance of survival

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2010, 01:26:46 PM »

There is no conveyor system so she's dropping them on accident. There is a 45 second video on Youtube showing a guy balancing bricks on his head and walking off the boat to transport them.

Nice find to back up what I was saying, that's exactly what they are doing. The poster of that video said that is a common sight in Bangladesh. I tend to think that that detour choice is the harder one.

They wish they had that guy  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »
This is the answer.

Good eyes!

Welcome to RFF!

:welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »

Nice find to back up what I was saying, that's exactly what they are doing. The poster of that video said that is a common sight in Bangladesh. I tend to think that that detour choice is the harder one.

They're going to wish they had him and some shorbot after working so hard! It's the harder choice but most likely the fastest since J/T choose it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »

They're going to wish they had him and some shorbot after working so hard! It's the harder choice but most likely the fastest since J/T choose it.

No, it's not most likely the fastest choice because J\T choose it. J\T are bad at choosing tasks.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
Welcome to RFF eamon_smith89

Who's ready to bet?

Personally, I think you have hit the nail on the head. It's the same conclusion I came too at the moment...I will hold off final judgement till we see if we get more promos this week.It will be interesting to see how it works out this week.

The Doc Ladies have been cruelly efficient when they havent had bad luck. Bad luck with 1st taxi driver in Ghana, saved by 2nd taxi driver. Then Ghana II is linear leg, so they cant really move up. Bad music judge in Russia I...then bad map in Oman. They are looking more and more like Nick/Starr and Meagen/Cheyne the farther we go.

:welcome: :bigwelcome :welcome2:
Matthew 7:15

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2010, 02:04:41 PM »
No, it's not most likely the fastest choice because J\T choose it. J\T are bad at choosing tasks.

They do reach the U-Turn before B/C and C/S, and they are pretty efficient too (as much as I'd hate to say it....in Russia 1 especially). If it's not the fastest choice, then there will have to be issues with pressing the sugarcane that sets the other teams behind. I can see N/V choosing the bricks too since it's right up their alley :D (in a good way of course!).

Does the RB come before or after the Detour? The three teams shown at the RB choose the same Detour option, so I kinda think it comes first. N/K may get a solid 3rd with J/T and N/V in the front.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:11:01 PM by florida »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

They do reach the U-Turn before B/C and C/S, and they are pretty efficient too (as much as I'd hate to say it....in Russia 1 especially). If it's not the fastest choice, then there will have to be issues with pressing the sugarcane that sets the other teams behind. I can see N/V choosing the bricks too since it's right up their alley :D (in a good way of course!). So does the RB come before or after the Detour?

It is true that somehow J/T finish the detour first.

I tended to think that the RB is first in this leg but after some quick research I found something odd. More often than not the RB is before the Detour, however in U-turn legs they are not. Only once has a RB preceded the U-turn detour... odd. (Anyone know remember what RB that was?)

Maybe they bend that rule on this one in order to make the double u-turn the dramatic showdown.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »

as much as I'd hate to say it....in Russia 1 especially

Really hard to judge that leg. J/T were not delayed by the bad music judge as the other teams that did the music task were. They did finish the film detour first....but Michael/Kevin beat them to the RB and finished that before J/T. If not for Kevin's stubborness....they would have probably finished 2nd on a flawed leg. J/T are pretty inefficient to me. They got lost in Kiruna and lost contact with all the other teams, which forced them to use the Express Pass. They switched detours at the circus, twice. They are good team, but lots more helter skelter than the Lady Docs. As far as the edits we are seeing, J/T seem to me to waste a lot of energy. Lots more than the Docs.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »

as much as I'd hate to say it....in Russia 1 especially

Really hard to judge that leg. J/T were not delayed by the bad music judge as the other teams that did the music task were. They did finish the film detour first....but Michael/Kevin beat them to the RB and finished that before J/T. If not for Kevin's stubborness....they would have probably finished 2nd on a flawed leg. J/T are pretty inefficient to me. They got lost in Kiruna and lost contact with all the other teams, which forced them to use the Express Pass. They switched detours at the circus, twice. They are good team, but lots more helter skelter than the Lady Docs. As far as the edits we are seeing, J/T seem to me to waste a lot of energy. Lots more than the Docs.

That is definitely a good description of J\T, doc. But why are you not considering B\C in your equation?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
Does the RB come before or after the Detour? The three teams shown at the RB choose the same Detour option, so I kinda think it comes first. N/K may get a solid 3rd with J/T and N/V in the front.

I think the RB is first and I think, come Sunday, we will see all 5 teams there at the same time. We see Claire, Jill and Chad....so that means that Thomas, Brooke and Stephanie are doing it. Then we have Chad's quote harassessing Nat while she is doing it. That leaves Nick/Vick....since it doesn't involve heights, I am assuming that Nick does it and with his experience with he motorcycle, he might even finish first......who would have thought????

I have said a long time back that I think this leg is a NEL......I still feel the same way, with the introduction of the W-Turn.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »

I think the RB is first and I think, come Sunday, we will see all 5 teams there at the same time. We see Claire, Jill and Chad....so that means that Thomas, Brooke and Stephanie are doing it. Then we have Chad's quote harassing Nat while she is doing it. That leaves Nick/Vick....since it doesn't involve heights, I am assuming that Nick does it and with his experience with he motorcycle, he might even finish first......who would have thought????

I have said a long time back that I think this leg is a NEL......I still feel the same way, with the introduction of the W-Turn.

Why put two teams in a fight to survive and then not eliminate either one? 

The fact that they are all there and the drama factor supports the idea that they will break tradition and do the RB first.

Like the term W-turn  :tup:  ;)

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »
Hi ....I think Chad has Dabbawalla bags
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:27:04 PM by milanissimo »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
Hi ....I think Chad has Dabbawalla bags( is a tradition of Mumbai)

The can is actually called a dabba and the dabbawala is the person doing the delivery. They are usually used for transporting food and are probably what he has.

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »
Sorry :ascared

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2010, 03:31:26 PM »
Sorry :ascared

No, it's fine I was just trying to help clarify. I would not have been able to come to that conclusion without your find.
Teamwork   :hearts:

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:16 PM »
That leaves Nick/Vick....since it doesn't involve heights, I am assuming that Nick does it and with his experience with he motorcycle, he might even finish first......who would have thought????
Would Nick really do it?  It'd be his last one if he did.